Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
poll
This poll is closed.
answer 1 9 8.33%
answer 2 15 13.89%
answer 3 48 44.44%
answer 4 36 33.33%
Total: 108 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Simone Magus posted:

I just paid 10 bucks for this smoothie

It is pretty good though. Almond milk, almond butter, blueberries, banana, honey. It's like a meal in a cup :)

Maybe I'll put honey in my next smoothie. I have frozen strawberry and mango ready to go

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Thanks to the Commissary we get honey imported from Germany with the royal jelly mixed in. It's like golden molasses and is so good.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

OK i understand The Joker being a guest in MK11, they just did injustice. Robocop and Terminator also are fine additions.

Rambo feels out of place though... if they wanted to keep the action star theme Judge Dredd would have worked better for the setting

Yeah, some of the MK bonus characters feel more appropriate than others, but that also comes down to personal taste. Like I don't care for leatherface at all as a fighting game character, but other people are all over having horror icons show up for the fun of it.

Also bummed that they did Predator in MKX so now that Terminator's in MK11 they didn't also do Predator since they just did. Would love to have had both of them in the same game.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

OK i understand The Joker being a guest in MK11, they just did injustice. Robocop and Terminator also are fine additions.

Rambo feels out of place though... if they wanted to keep the action star theme Judge Dredd would have worked better for the setting

Rambo was a last-minute addition IIRC because the rights to Ash Williams fell through.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

OneDeadman posted:

Cats are creepy horror monster.

yeah I wonder if mewgenics is ver coming out too.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

Really depends on the dog on how easy it is to get a sweater on them. I had to put a sweater on my dog for medical reasons once because the groomer cut her super short and she scratched herself open. That’s how we found out she loves having a sweater on and she’s more than happy to get it put on, especially when it’s cold outside.

This little poo poo thinks she runs the place and she’s absolutely right.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
wanna pet all these pets

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Madcatz

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

goblin week posted:

My pet rabbit, Applesauce, passed away last week after a surgery failed to help with intestinal blockage but he ruled. He was my first mammalian pet and I miss him a lot.

miss u buddy. Maybe I should get a cat. Those don’t die from random reasons. 😔

Aww :(

A good bunny

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Mine is funny. He's not a fan of the sweater but he loves being warm. Right now he's on my lap under my poncho. :)

Weedle
May 31, 2006

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I heard how bad Ronda Rousey was in this game as an actor (also she shouldn't be in here) but it really is terrible

i heard a podcaster describe her death scene in some movie as “like a robot being turned off”

Weedle
May 31, 2006

OneDeadman posted:

Cats are creepy horror monster.

Blue Labrador
Feb 17, 2011

I don't live a life that would be good for owning pets, but I dog and cat-sit for my sister sometimes and I definitely love having fur-nephews. I let them get on the furniture and stuff and don't have to deal with the long term consequences, it rules

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I dearly miss Greysky the Gamer Cat. I let him out too soon after moving and he just never came back. :(

He was my best friend.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

hatty posted:

The demon horns were easier to get back when there was a loading screen game. You could get one per screen transition if you could time it right

I think they're back in the current HD release.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Pretty sure there's already a lot of places on the internet where you can get this question answered.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Ever since the pandemic started I've started counting dogs when I'm walking my dog.

My record is 32 in an hour long walk.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

exquisite tea posted:

Pretty sure there's already a lot of places on the internet where you can get this question answered.

It's definitely a category.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

We got a cat sweater for the cat I posted and she will let you put it on her, but the second its on she will start crawling backwards around the house and falling over until someone takes it off

She's always sitting on the heating vents and on blankets so we thought she might like it to keep her warm

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

Lurdiak posted:

I dearly miss Greysky the Gamer Cat. I let him out too soon after moving and he just never came back. :(

He was my best friend.

drat, I'm sorry. :(

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Anyone own one of those Secretlab chairs? Does the tilt lock only lock it from being able to tilt, or lock at full tilt, or does it let you lock it at any angle you want?

My current chair looks awesome, but it sucks. The rear end seat is tilted forward so I am always ending up in a slouch position. I want something that will just hold my rear end in the seat and able to tilt back maybe a few degrees and be able to lock so I can put my feet up on my bed next to me if I'm watching a movie or whatever at my PC.The built in lumbar adjustment is a huge plus as well.

Edit: Finally found a review where someone went over this. You can lock it at any position. Ordered.

Philthy fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Apr 18, 2021

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
I just learned how to play "Long Journey Home" like on the Kentucky Route Zero soundtrack and now I'm like "drat I wanna play that again"

I've got even money that it ends up being the ITAOTS of video games in that the devs never make another game and just kind of disappear

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I like Analogue a lot.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

What games have big goon communities?

I want to play some multiplayer and I was to speak with humans over voice comms. Got to increase my social interaction in this last stretch of Covid.

Preferably not FPS because I’m terrible at those.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

RIP Yon, a good cat. I need to buy a copy of the cat diary sometime.

Lurdiak posted:

He was my best friend.

I'm sorry you've had to go through something so terrible as this. My condolences.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Counterpoint: punching nazis

Weedle
May 31, 2006

13 sentinels

https://twitter.com/bucephalus424/status/1383208542165999619?s=21

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Ornery and Hornery posted:

What games have big goon communities?

I want to play some multiplayer and I was to speak with humans over voice comms. Got to increase my social interaction in this last stretch of Covid.

Preferably not FPS because I’m terrible at those.

Monster Hunter
FF14

Redezga
Dec 14, 2006

Is the Eve Online Goonswarm still a thing?

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

this is a powerful post

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Rarity posted:

Me: I'm gonna get all the stray beads in Okami. It's just the Golden Skulltullas it can't be that bad

Okami: lol bitch grind 65 demon horns

demon fangs are super easy to farm in the early game areas, so long as you know the brush techniques that each enemy hates the most (for example, a simple slash on a regular monkey enemy, or a wind swirl on a flying enemy) and do it when they explode into flowers as they die

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.
I am playing back through the entire batman: arkham core series to 100% them all and I am noticing all kinds of decisions and design choices, good and bad (also rediscovering whole layers of virulent misogyny).

I am also, specifically, overwhelmed all over again by the clusterfuck castrophony of arkham: origins.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

Kerrzhe posted:

demon fangs are super easy to farm in the early game areas, so long as you know the brush techniques that each enemy hates the most (for example, a simple slash on a regular monkey enemy, or a wind swirl on a flying enemy) and do it when they explode into flowers as they die

I really enjoyed knowing all the demon fang conditions when playing the PC version.

By the time I got to the Emperor's shop I had more than enough to buy everything.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Man Ys 8 really just took a character with a generic NPC Sprite and made them a full fledged boss, with unique attacks and everything

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Arzaac posted:

Man Ys 8 really just took a character with a generic NPC Sprite and made them a full fledged boss, with unique attacks and everything

I love how the game intentionally plays with the "yeah you thought this guy wasn't important because he wasn't overly-designed like every other main character? Think again dork"

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1596400/Spell_Blaster/

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

I love how the game intentionally plays with the "yeah you thought this guy wasn't important because he wasn't overly-designed like every other main character? Think again dork"

I seriously thought he'd just get taken out by like Hummel or someone in a cutscene but no, there he was, jumping around like some kind of anime boy with a whole bunch of wire traps

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Arzaac posted:

I seriously thought he'd just get taken out by like Hummel or someone in a cutscene but no, there he was, jumping around like some kind of anime boy with a whole bunch of wire traps

Unfortunately after this point is where the game started to lose me because you have to start doing stuff other than trying to collect river water