Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

friendlier than thou

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

https://twitter.com/ReneePaquette/status/1383213333218693120

Good looking out.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

MJeff posted:

https://twitter.com/ray_lyn/status/1383197384247754752?s=21

Ray is not the stupid one, I just wanted to share her dunking on that stupid AEW botch account.

people need to go easy on AEW Botches, I imagine the only running knees they've seen were done by The Miz so seeing something that actually looks good must be traumatizing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTNJAjMTkD8

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/MikeJ0nesssssss/status/1383138565815681024

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Being financially dependent on the person abusing you is an aggravating factor, not a mitigating one.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!
We really should also note that @AEWBotches' big compilation video from the other day included stuff like the very obviously planned Peter Avalon-Cody Rhodes leapfrog/low blow spot.

And that his own video showed Ray Lyn getting kneed in the shoulder.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

davidbix posted:

We really should also note that @AEWBotches' big compilation video from the other day included stuff like the very obviously planned Peter Avalon-Cody Rhodes leapfrog/low blow spot.

And that his own video showed Ray Lyn getting kneed in the shoulder.

You also hear Tall Paul call the DDTay during he pinfall, which is not a move you can execute on someone who is “out cold.”

Whoever it is just needs to find some media they enjoy, because they clearly are just a member of that subset of weirdos who solely complains about how wrestling is different from what it was 20-40years ago, because it’s not going back.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

yea the video is edited to remove the DDT and the selling of the DDT where Ray Lyn is obviously conscious and then just makes up that Aubrey "alerted" the doctor

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
am i wrong to feel that an account dedicated to making poo poo up to get people mad, intentionally, while regurgitating cornette nicknames and memes probably doesn't need to be in this thread

maybe i just want my bad takes to be from people who actually believe them

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Yeah, that clip wasn't even actually the finish if I remember right

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Since it’s not going to be broadcast on Dynamite, it’s probably not a priority for TK. I can understand the person’s frustration though.

https://twitter.com/wrasslinwizard/status/1383302832154058757?s=21

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

There's still a week, but yeah, I'm gonna be kinda confused if they don't promote this at all.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

TV Zombie posted:

Since it’s not going to be broadcast on Dynamite, it’s probably not a priority for TK. I can understand the person’s frustration though.

https://twitter.com/wrasslinwizard/status/1383302832154058757?s=21

I can't, it's a TNA PPV and they are doing them enough of a favor letting it even happen. Why promote it? They have enough of their own stuff to promote. The storyline is Omega is being a dickhead by even doing this.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
I am going to choose to live in the reality where TK doesn't actually realize that TNA put his belt up in their dumb belt collector angle for Kenny.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Wouldn't that kind of go against the kayfabe relationship they have built with AEW and Tony big timing Impact?

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Gumball Gumption posted:

Wouldn't that kind of go against the kayfabe relationship they have built with AEW and Tony big timing Impact?

I don't think he has appeared inside the Impact Zone since that first time, right? So he's just getting more and more unhinged paying TNA to air his promos in kayfabe.

Also I am talking in the reality I would like, Tony Khan the human being does not realize the Swann/Omega match is also for the the AEW belt somehow.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

karmicknight posted:

I don't think he has appeared inside the Impact Zone since that first time, right? So he's just getting more and more unhinged paying TNA to air his promos in kayfabe.

Also I am talking in the reality I would like, Tony Khan the human being does not realize the Swann/Omega match is also for the the AEW belt somehow.

Oh, I actually meant promoting the match. I love the idea that Kenny and Callis did this rogue and Tony has no clue. They shouldn't actually do it but I'd laugh if Swann won and Kenny had to explain where the belt was.

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

Tony knows, they had a faux press conference this week on Impact with TK and Jerry Lynn in attendance. Story-line wise not promoting it on AEW side makes sense as it was all pushed as Callis and Omega going rogue against Khan's wishes.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I get the criticism. Its weird having a title defense with one company not talking about it. In another situation the natural evolution of that story would be Swann winning and Kenny, Callis, and AEW being punished for their hubris. That probably won't happen for a bunch of reasons but the whole thing is weird because theoretically someone's gonna be a double champion.

Which is why I half assume it will be a no contest and this will all become a forgotten footnote of wrestling history.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

STAC Goat posted:

I get the criticism. Its weird having a title defense with one company not talking about it. In another situation the natural evolution of that story would be Swann winning and Kenny, Callis, and AEW being punished for their hubris. That probably won't happen for a bunch of reasons but the whole thing is weird because theoretically someone's gonna be a double champion.

Which is why I half assume it will be a no contest and this will all become a forgotten footnote of wrestling history.

When Kenny wins he won't be double champion.

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

STAC Goat posted:

Both sides made a point in stating that there's going to be a decisive winner by the end of that match. It's still pro-wrestling in the end so ymmv.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
As we're all aware, employers pay their workers' wages solely out of the goodness of their hearts.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

MassRafTer posted:

When Kenny wins he won't be double champion.

Yeah, people always forget about the AAA Megachampionship. But to be fair, so do the AAA people in charge of booking the title. Just about a month to go and there'll be more days average between title defenses for Kenny than for Fenix (I think Fenix defended every 140 days, Kenny is around 130 days I believe).

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

About AEW's first poster for DoN.

Lot to unpack here. "Half of Kingston"? And what the hell is with some people's obsession with comparing Keith Lee and Hobbs?

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

"Besides four people, there is no minority present" is one of the stupidest things I've read in a while.

Bonus points of racist idiocy for the "half of Kingston" bit as well.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Will Hobbs and Keith Lee have literally nothing in common what the hell :psyduck:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Criticizing AEW for lack of minority representation and then calling Will Hobbs a bargain bin Keith Lee. Wow.

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

Benne posted:

Will Hobbs and Keith Lee have literally nothing in common what the hell :psyduck:

They are both black. That’s it. Cage’s style is closer to Keith Lee than Hobbs’ style is.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

obvious concern trolling about diversity from a racist.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

Yeah I should have read the last sentence. Makes it real obvious.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Gumball Gumption posted:

Oh, I actually meant promoting the match. I love the idea that Kenny and Callis did this rogue and Tony has no clue. They shouldn't actually do it but I'd laugh if Swann won and Kenny had to explain where the belt was.
If the champion was any other chickenshit heel but Kenny, it'd be funny if they lost the title at an Impact PPV and Tony says it wasn't a sanctioned AEW match and immediately books another match against a different opponent on Dynamite which the champion loses again. It'd be the perfect thing for Britt Baker as Women's Champion or MJF as the TNT Champion months into a reign and sets up a Champion vs Champion match for AEW

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

RealFoxy posted:

If the champion was any other chickenshit heel but Kenny, it'd be funny if they lost the title at an Impact PPV and Tony says it wasn't a sanctioned AEW match and immediately books another match against a different opponent on Dynamite which the champion loses again. It'd be the perfect thing for Britt Baker as Women's Champion or MJF as the TNT Champion months into a reign and sets up a Champion vs Champion match for AEW

I kind of disagree in general, but man it would be the dirt loving worst for Dr. Baker and MJF to be the focal point of a "they are poo poo and losers" booking move like "loses a match and rules lawyers themselves into a dusty finish only to immediately eat poo poo again." It would be a bad thing to do to anyone you want to hold the belt, but those two losing the shine of being protected would shatter their entire current manner and style.

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

i think using story beats to update characters is a fun idea, personally

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
https://twitter.com/HeelWillMahoney/status/1383432560554831881?s=20

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012
Anyone who uses "heel" in their name or bio or as a hashtag to describe themselves is a tit.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Hoss Corncave posted:

Anyone who uses "heel" in their name or bio or as a hashtag to describe themselves is a tit.

sounds like you're getting worked

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Benne posted:

They're both solidly built black dudes? I mean that's literally the only thing in common, Hobbs is more of a traditional powerhouse while Lee is like Cage or Owens where he's so much more agile and graceful then a man his size should be.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Hobbs also doesn’t word all his tweets like he’s just been called out for being an rear end in a top hat on the internet, so that’s a point for Hobbs in any metric you want to measure them by.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

AEWBotches is gone.