Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ModeSix
Mar 14, 2009

So I've got the new supercharged server up and running.

I believe all characters should still be there.

I've made changes to the starting cash and you can have 2 characters online at the same time now.

Looking into the other things that have been mentioned and will figure it out.

New server address: srv2.sabreswg.com

As always let me know if you have any problems, etc. The old server will be disappearing in the next day or two once I make sure the new one is working as expected.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ModeSix
Mar 14, 2009

Here is the PGS effort post: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3959599

Make any comments or suggestions there I guess, or hop onto Discord https://discord.gg/fnswRvJyap

Burt
Sep 23, 2007

Poke.

When I try to launch the game I get a "can't connect to the network at this time" error message.

Any ideas? Some server path that I need to direct the launcher to maybe?

ModeSix
Mar 14, 2009

Burt posted:

When I try to launch the game I get a "can't connect to the network at this time" error message.

Any ideas? Some server path that I need to direct the launcher to maybe?

It should just work after you add it in the SWGEmu launcher.

Alternately you could try adding the IP rather than the hostname: 198.251.79.160

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

Anyone happen to have the 60 fps patch handy?

Reinstalling now because I can't resist the nostalgia.

Edit: actually come to think of it, is there an actual mechanical reason why Coronet is always the de facto server capital city? Or is that just more tradition than anything else? (and probably asking too much, but any patch that supports 2560x1440?)

Drone fucked around with this message at 16:57 on Feb 21, 2021

Goast
Jul 23, 2011

by VideoGames

Drone posted:

actually come to think of it, is there an actual mechanical reason why Coronet is always the de facto server capital city? Or is that just more tradition than anything else? (and probably asking too much, but any patch that supports 2560x1440?)

its easier to shuttle around from corellia

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

Since I reinstalled for Sabre, I took the liberty of quickly connecting to Basilisk just to see what's still around.

Goontown is a shadow of the shadow of its former self that I posted last time. Goon Hall and City Hall are both gone, there are just a smattering of houses whose owners must have dumped decades worth of maintenance into, as well as the Mantina (City Graul sends his regards, he's lookin' good but lonely).

I took the liberty of renaming the medical center, which is also still around since PlasticPal (I assume?) pumped a poo poo ton of maint into it years and years ago. Some things have changed around SA since the days of St. Lowtax's Memorial Hospital:

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!
I called Goontown home a few years ago but I am certain my home is long gone. What a great town it was, though. :rip:

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

LLCoolJD posted:

I called Goontown home a few years ago but I am certain my home is long gone. What a great town it was, though. :rip:

:same: where is dodgin / fireswizzle and ahdinko... We need to play games and kill man's again

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer

2DCAT posted:

:same: where is dodgin / fireswizzle and ahdinko... We need to play games and kill man's again

I have been summoned!

I been playing ED:Odyssey and Starbase but I'm down for w/e. Don't forget Drone ! I logged into swg:legends a lot last year but no one else was playing :smith:. It's pretty awesome imo and is what NGE should have been + more.

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

The corporate-style endorsements they have on the legends homepage are utterly hilarious.

Katrina Abney Johnson posted:

"What an amazing job they are doing. My son asked me to play this with him and I agreed. I was on Restuss hill crying like a baby as it faded away. I am happy to say it is back and on such an awesome level!!!! Definitely recommend to all... you wont be disappointed."

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

So is Legends the new hotness everyone's going to?

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer

dreffen posted:

So is Legends the new hotness everyone's going to?

Its actually good imo. Paired with the shader updates + texture updates that the IM3 people did it doesn't feel like stretched poop over an intern's blender mistake either.

I enjoyed Legends and it has lots of content but ymmv. Leveling is easy iirc - there's a base on corellia that everyone goes to to get plvled to 90 if you don't like doing the quests/grinds.

TerminalSaint
Apr 21, 2007

Where must we go...

we who wander this Wasteland in search of our better selves?
The mad bastards are actually gonna do it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHHr5O1QAUM

cmdrk
Jun 10, 2013
drat that actually looks really good. i'm impressed with the effort they put into this dead game.

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

TerminalSaint posted:

The mad bastards are actually gonna do it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHHr5O1QAUM

:captainpop:

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k

FireWhizzle posted:

Its actually good imo. Paired with the shader updates + texture updates that the IM3 people did it doesn't feel like stretched poop over an intern's blender mistake either.

I enjoyed Legends and it has lots of content but ymmv. Leveling is easy iirc - there's a base on corellia that everyone goes to to get plvled to 90 if you don't like doing the quests/grinds.

That's kind of dumb imo doing the dumb kiting grinds in bizarre locations was always half the fun

Shart Carbuncle
Aug 4, 2004

Star Trek:
The Motion Picture
I'm about to give Legends a whirl. Should I bother with the "ILM" graphics alterations? I'm always skeptical of user-created upgrades like that.

TerminalSaint
Apr 21, 2007

Where must we go...

Shart Carbuncle posted:

I'm about to give Legends a whirl. Should I bother with the "ILM" graphics alterations? I'm always skeptical of user-created upgrades like that.

I'm not a fan personally, but a lot of people swear by it.

Ahdinko
Oct 27, 2007

WHAT A LOVELY DAY
Apparently legends has functional JTL too... alright I'm going to fire this up next week once I've finished spending my evenings tiling my bathrooms

TerminalSaint
Apr 21, 2007

Where must we go...

Yeah, Legends is pretty much feature complete up to the last couple updates before live shut down. They're even finding ways to reintroduce TCG loot, and they've added some new Rogue One armors. I do miss the atmospheric flight that the live devs added for funsies right before the end.

Goast
Jul 23, 2011

by VideoGames

TerminalSaint posted:

I do miss the atmospheric flight that the live devs added for funsies right before the end.

tbf that was more of a tacked on gimmick they threw out there because gently caress it game is dead

SoUncool
Oct 21, 2010
Is there anything to Restoration III? I came across it after it was hyped up by some YouTubers. Its touted to be the game at CU, with cosmetics from NGE added in, but when looking at accounts, the people online are in the single digits? Am I missing something? I'd love to try out the CU again, but a server that's DOA doesn't seem like the best testbed for my rose-tinted glasses.

Also, the website seems to load super slow. Not a great sign...

Shart Carbuncle
Aug 4, 2004

Star Trek:
The Motion Picture
I'm having fun with Legends, but it still cracks me up how the NGE made the space bar a jump button to be more like WoW, but it's just a jump emote that doesn't actually impact your character movement.

edit: I'm enjoying running around /yelling STAR WARS

Shallowfish
May 16, 2021
The new Cloud City update on Legends is pretty nice, gives me a nice, fuzzy feeling when I see that development is still ongoing.

Lurken
Nov 10, 2012

Shallowfish posted:

The new Cloud City update on Legends is pretty nice, gives me a nice, fuzzy feeling when I see that development is still ongoing.

I haven’t been able to get enough screen time together to check it out, how easy is it to navigate? Are there any stability issues?

Shallowfish
May 16, 2021

Lurken posted:

I haven’t been able to get enough screen time together to check it out, how easy is it to navigate? Are there any stability issues?

I got lost a few times when I was doing the intro quests and the journal wasn't helpful, a quick search on the Legends discord solved my problems tho. No stability issues as far as I've seen.

I'm seriously dumb tho so your mileage may vary.

Shallowfish fucked around with this message at 11:21 on May 26, 2021

SoUncool
Oct 21, 2010
Eyy, who's got any intel on the Restoration 3 project? Website seems a mess, which isn't boding well to me, but it's purportedly got JtL, Kashyyyk, CU combat mechanics and pre-CU everything else, with some updates to economy with a mind towards making it more player- dependent.

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*

SoUncool posted:

Eyy, who's got any intel on the Restoration 3 project? Website seems a mess, which isn't boding well to me, but it's purportedly got JtL, Kashyyyk, CU combat mechanics and pre-CU everything else, with some updates to economy with a mind towards making it more player- dependent.

I've been playing this over the last week, mainly solo, and it has been a pretty fun experience. My only other time with SWG was in late 2004 where, paired with an Athlon XP 2000+, 512MB of RAM, and a Radeon 8500 LE, I was still dealing with 5-6 minute loading screens between planetary shuttles. I would often have to wait in line for 30+ minutes to get buffs on Coronet and my internet connection would drop out on the reg. I even had to take a 128MB flash drive to school every week to grab the patch files from SOE's servers (if you knew the direct URL, you could grab the file from a web browser) or else a new update would come out by the time I was able to download the previous one. Unsurprisingly, I only got to play for a month or two. I believe the death bunker was released right around the time I stopped playing.

As far as Restoration 3 goes, I can't really complain about anything. The mission terminals didn't work up until last night, so Bounty Hunter was impossible to master, but any server downtime is usually 30-45 min and related to patches or the chat server. After a couple of hours of playing, there is a chance that you can't hop on/in mounts again for some reason (you can recall and store, but enter/exit mount does nothing) until you go back to char select and relog. The only major bug I have run into is that I got straight-up killed without being incapacitated first by a peko peko albatross outside Theed while taking 2 sec to relog to fix mount issues. Somehow, my character must have kept traveling while I was on char select and ran right up to the creature ~40 levels higher than me. Maybe I got incapped at the char select screen. Not entirely sure.

The server has 5x XP, so if you have any clue what you're doing or join a spin group, you can max out whatever combat profession in no time. I've been doing legacy quest stuff primarily with a bit of JTL sprinkled in here and there. I would estimate probably 20-25% of the active players are bots (most of whom are surveying in Mos Eisley) at any given time, but I have run into other players during nearly every other step of the legacy quest. Because it has you revisit a lot of the same areas during different stages of the quest, it's pretty easy to run into someone so the dungeons aren't slogs. I usually can't even invite someone to a group before they've already sent me an invite. I thought once I got off of Tattooine the population was gonna die down, but there're a good mix of people playing everywhere and I haven't run into a single jerk yet. There're a lot of people roleplaying, which makes waiting for buffs in the cantinas significantly more entertaining.

I don't really understand how buffs work. Master Doctor buffs last about 40 minutes instead of several hours and are nice, but even with modern technology like solid state drives, I usually only have 15-20 min left on the buff by the time I've gotten to a mission waypoint so I just stopped messing with them altogether. Entertainer buffs are even more confusing because I can watch someone until "max duration" floating text appears, but I've never actually seen a buff icon after I stop watching. It used to be required to get doc + ent buffs before doing missions from the terminal, but I really appreciate that I can just rail through quests until I need to do some inventory management. Wounds suck (drat squills), but I would much rather have to deal with lower max health than health, stamina, and mind damage individually.

Economy seems fine from what I can tell. I am not crafting with my character (went TKA/TKM), so I don't really know what that looks like. I think one of the key points of the server is that you can take any piece of armor or weapon and craft it to max level, so you're not really limited by what is usually known as end-game gear. If you wanna craft a basic E-11 and make it suitable for combat level 80 usage, you can do so. I haven't had too much trouble selling ship parts looted from space, either.

My biggest issues come from the game engine. For example, in-game AA is busted (I don't believe it actually functions, despite there being a checkbox), but you can force it in your GPU's control panel, along with 16x anisotropic filtering. This makes the game's textures and geometry look infinitely better, but then fuzzes up the text. You can increase the chat text size until it is large enough to not be blurry, but all other text from tooltips, floating text, journal, UI, etc. will have AA applied to it. If you're playing at 1080 or lower, I can't imagine it's really an issue, but given how small the text is at higher resolutions, you have to pick either readable text or sharper graphics. I'm trying to play at 2560x1440 on a 144 Hz display and, despite choosing 144 Hz in SwgClientSetup_r.exe, I think it is capped at 60 FPS still. Cranking up the in-game graphics settings to max still results in cities dipping down into the teens/20s on an i7-6700k with a 3080. Lowering graphics settings to minimum won't fix those drops, either. There's still an incredible amount of pop-in. Volumetric shadows are really only useful for screenshots or dungeons outside of cities. They're too janky in cities and you will have player/building shadows flickering on/off as people move about.

Anyway, I think it's pretty decent overall and I've had a good time running through the legacy quest. It's been nice to experience some JTL content, since I never got to check that out, and the short loading times are great. I wish I had gotten to experience this stuff back in the day, but it's really cool that I can experience it now. 5x XP is a godsend for my casual self and the community seems super accomodating.

FreeWifi!!
Oct 11, 2013

Okay, that's true. Good point, Marquess. Point for you. But you get a point taken away for being a dick. So, back to zero.

Bloodplay it again posted:

I've been playing this over the last week, mainly solo, and it has been a pretty fun experience. My only other time with SWG was in late 2004 where, paired with an Athlon XP 2000+, 512MB of RAM, and a Radeon 8500 LE, I was still dealing with 5-6 minute loading screens between planetary shuttles. I would often have to wait in line for 30+ minutes to get buffs on Coronet and my internet connection would drop out on the reg. I even had to take a 128MB flash drive to school every week to grab the patch files from SOE's servers (if you knew the direct URL, you could grab the file from a web browser) or else a new update would come out by the time I was able to download the previous one. Unsurprisingly, I only got to play for a month or two. I believe the death bunker was released right around the time I stopped playing.

As far as Restoration 3 goes, I can't really complain about anything. The mission terminals didn't work up until last night, so Bounty Hunter was impossible to master, but any server downtime is usually 30-45 min and related to patches or the chat server. After a couple of hours of playing, there is a chance that you can't hop on/in mounts again for some reason (you can recall and store, but enter/exit mount does nothing) until you go back to char select and relog. The only major bug I have run into is that I got straight-up killed without being incapacitated first by a peko peko albatross outside Theed while taking 2 sec to relog to fix mount issues. Somehow, my character must have kept traveling while I was on char select and ran right up to the creature ~40 levels higher than me. Maybe I got incapped at the char select screen. Not entirely sure.

The server has 5x XP, so if you have any clue what you're doing or join a spin group, you can max out whatever combat profession in no time. I've been doing legacy quest stuff primarily with a bit of JTL sprinkled in here and there. I would estimate probably 20-25% of the active players are bots (most of whom are surveying in Mos Eisley) at any given time, but I have run into other players during nearly every other step of the legacy quest. Because it has you revisit a lot of the same areas during different stages of the quest, it's pretty easy to run into someone so the dungeons aren't slogs. I usually can't even invite someone to a group before they've already sent me an invite. I thought once I got off of Tattooine the population was gonna die down, but there're a good mix of people playing everywhere and I haven't run into a single jerk yet. There're a lot of people roleplaying, which makes waiting for buffs in the cantinas significantly more entertaining.

I don't really understand how buffs work. Master Doctor buffs last about 40 minutes instead of several hours and are nice, but even with modern technology like solid state drives, I usually only have 15-20 min left on the buff by the time I've gotten to a mission waypoint so I just stopped messing with them altogether. Entertainer buffs are even more confusing because I can watch someone until "max duration" floating text appears, but I've never actually seen a buff icon after I stop watching. It used to be required to get doc + ent buffs before doing missions from the terminal, but I really appreciate that I can just rail through quests until I need to do some inventory management. Wounds suck (drat squills), but I would much rather have to deal with lower max health than health, stamina, and mind damage individually.

Economy seems fine from what I can tell. I am not crafting with my character (went TKA/TKM), so I don't really know what that looks like. I think one of the key points of the server is that you can take any piece of armor or weapon and craft it to max level, so you're not really limited by what is usually known as end-game gear. If you wanna craft a basic E-11 and make it suitable for combat level 80 usage, you can do so. I haven't had too much trouble selling ship parts looted from space, either.

My biggest issues come from the game engine. For example, in-game AA is busted (I don't believe it actually functions, despite there being a checkbox), but you can force it in your GPU's control panel, along with 16x anisotropic filtering. This makes the game's textures and geometry look infinitely better, but then fuzzes up the text. You can increase the chat text size until it is large enough to not be blurry, but all other text from tooltips, floating text, journal, UI, etc. will have AA applied to it. If you're playing at 1080 or lower, I can't imagine it's really an issue, but given how small the text is at higher resolutions, you have to pick either readable text or sharper graphics. I'm trying to play at 2560x1440 on a 144 Hz display and, despite choosing 144 Hz in SwgClientSetup_r.exe, I think it is capped at 60 FPS still. Cranking up the in-game graphics settings to max still results in cities dipping down into the teens/20s on an i7-6700k with a 3080. Lowering graphics settings to minimum won't fix those drops, either. There's still an incredible amount of pop-in. Volumetric shadows are really only useful for screenshots or dungeons outside of cities. They're too janky in cities and you will have player/building shadows flickering on/off as people move about.

Anyway, I think it's pretty decent overall and I've had a good time running through the legacy quest. It's been nice to experience some JTL content, since I never got to check that out, and the short loading times are great. I wish I had gotten to experience this stuff back in the day, but it's really cool that I can experience it now. 5x XP is a godsend for my casual self and the community seems super accomodating.

Is this server still in alpha/beta or did they wipe and go live yet?

I looked into this server a while ago but never checked up on it.

Also the game engine is garbage. So is the janky/clunky/lol-what? combat. Its something you have to get use to i suppose.

Plastic Pal
Jun 5, 2004

~ It's you. Only you. ~

Drone posted:

I took the liberty of renaming the medical center, which is also still around since PlasticPal (I assume?) pumped a poo poo ton of maint into it years and years ago. Some things have changed around SA since the days of St. Lowtax's Memorial Hospital:

:golfclap:

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

FreeWifi!! posted:

Is this server still in alpha/beta or did they wipe and go live yet?

I looked into this server a while ago but never checked up on it.

Also the game engine is garbage. So is the janky/clunky/lol-what? combat. Its something you have to get use to i suppose.

Yeah it has been live for a little over a week. No more wipes.

I think in regards to the frame rate, I was surprised to see 2560x1440@144 supported, but the game itself is capped to 60 FPS. There are mods that work on a per-server basis, but nothing for R3 that I am aware of.

I have completed the original NGE legacy quest and moved onto Corellia. Hit enough XP for TKA Master a handful of missions after leaving Naboo. I think it is safe to say I have gotten further in a week than I did in three months on dial-up.

FreeWifi!!
Oct 11, 2013

Okay, that's true. Good point, Marquess. Point for you. But you get a point taken away for being a dick. So, back to zero.

Yeah it has been live for a little over a week. No more wipes.

I think in regards to the frame rate, I was surprised to see 2560x1440@144 supported, but the game itself is capped to 60 FPS. There are mods that work on a per-server basis, but nothing for R3 that I am aware of.

I have completed the original NGE legacy quest and moved onto Corellia. Hit enough XP for TKA Master a handful of missions after leaving Naboo. I think it is safe to say I have gotten further in a week than I did in three months on dial-up.

I believe Stars Wars: Legends has a mod that breaks the 60 fps cap.

60 fps isn't all that bad considering the engine.

Is there still a way to macro/afk kill spots?
Like outside of Mos Eisley, just set up camp and macro to get exp?
Or did they take that out?

Did alot of that on SW: Legends.

Edit: Just my luck, installed game, and now stuck at connecting to login server... :o

FreeWifi!! fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Jun 8, 2021

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

FreeWifi!! posted:

I believe Stars Wars: Legends has a mod that breaks the 60 fps cap.

60 fps isn't all that bad considering the engine.

Is there still a way to macro/afk kill spots?
Like outside of Mos Eisley, just set up camp and macro to get exp?
Or did they take that out?

Did alot of that on SW: Legends.

Edit: Just my luck, installed game, and now stuck at connecting to login server... :o

You can, but I think it is frowned upon, especially if you're doing it in an area where other players might have quest objectives. I was at the rogue CorSec base on Corellia trying to do a mission last night and had two CL70+ AFK players that kept killing my objective, named enemies, necessitating a 5 min wait for them to respawn. Then again, Mos Eisley is filled with 100+ people surveying while AFK so I doubt you'd get in trouble unless you were actively griefing people.

The login server was down for 15 min last night to fix chat and I'll bet you just so happened to try at the same time. The biggest issue at the moment seems to be that the chat/mail server goes down once a day and it requires a restart.

edit: Looks like they also had a version that was available for a super short period of time in which the IP address in login.cfg wasn't updated before it was pushed out. If you're still stuck the next time you try, go to login.cfg in the Configs\RestorationIII folder and change the IP address to 144.217.75.199 .

Bloodplay it again fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Jun 9, 2021

FreeWifi!!
Oct 11, 2013

You can, but I think it is frowned upon, especially if you're doing it in an area where other players might have quest objectives. I was at the rogue CorSec base on Corellia trying to do a mission last night and had two CL70+ AFK players that kept killing my objective, named enemies, necessitating a 5 min wait for them to respawn. Then again, Mos Eisley is filled with 100+ people surveying while AFK so I doubt you'd get in trouble unless you were actively griefing people.

The login server was down for 15 min last night to fix chat and I'll bet you just so happened to try at the same time. The biggest issue at the moment seems to be that the chat/mail server goes down once a day and it requires a restart.

edit: Looks like they also had a version that was available for a super short period of time in which the IP address in login.cfg wasn't updated before it was pushed out. If you're still stuck the next time you try, go to login.cfg in the Configs\RestorationIII folder and change the IP address to 144.217.75.199 .

I got in, ty!

Plastic Pal
Jun 5, 2004

~ It's you. Only you. ~

I've been checking out SWGLegends, my first time ever touching an NGE/cu version. I don't know if I like it. I ground Entertainer in less than a day. Feels weird.

So...I just now logged into SWGemu, first time since the big GoonTown boom days of 2014. Everything's different; my spy character who was a member of that Flourish/Fanfar place is out in the middle of nowhere now.

Edit: Wow, the Mantina is still there with City Graul alive and well. Sixteen years worth of maintenance.

The medical center with 35 years :lol:

The House of Hand Beezy still stands. :patriot:

Plastic Pal fucked around with this message at 17:04 on Jun 14, 2021

Floob
Jan 28, 2005

See you on Rubi-Ka
Looks like there are several servers mentioned through this thread. Which one is currently leading the way? I have played on Basilisk for years, and I like it there, but I was hoping to find a server where I could get the old bunker I had before the server was shut down. The Mustafarian Underground Bunker was a reward for buying the Trials of Obi-Wan if I remmeber right...

SoUncool
Oct 21, 2010
I've been having fun on Restoration III so far. CU combat with all the NGE content. There are bugs, and there are balance issues, but the developers seem active and the playerbase seems to be mostly ATK. Which I can't say the same for SWGEmu...

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

SoUncool posted:

I've been having fun on Restoration III so far. CU combat with all the NGE content. There are bugs, and there are balance issues, but the developers seem active and the playerbase seems to be mostly ATK. Which I can't say the same for SWGEmu...

Resto 3 got me to reinstall and I'm really enjoying it too. CU was far and away my favourite SWG era so I'm hoping this one sticks around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burt
Sep 23, 2007

Poke.

Questions.

How do I play on a screen bigger than a postage stamp?
How do I pick up the spool of wire Han Solo sends me to find, nothing seems to work?

When I try to open the settings from the log in screen it just says I have an error and the game won't work. I t does work and when I modify the config file manually to give me bigger screen res it works but the text is tiny.

Halp Obi Wan.

OK I sorted the interact button, lol tilde, and found by opening the settings from the main directory I can set the screen res. I still can't seem to get bigger fonts size however and I am still getting the error message even with a delete and reinstall.
I am back playing again though!

Or not. Server been down all day :(

Burt fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Jun 20, 2021