Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Goog
Aug 6, 2007

It's a Goog Day, yes it is!

Yaya posted:

I need gauntlet rosters, by the way. Every team from the Krakow Dragons downwards in the standings is in the gauntlet.

Man, I don't wanna die. Dying would suck. Let's not die.

code:
**Cool Papa Bell
jossad01,1903
ruckena01,1913
walshed01,1915
alexape01,1920
heilmha01,1924
gehrilo01,1925
vaughar01,1937
hermabi01,1937
hubbeca01,1937
lombaer01,1937
hartnga01,1937
mizejo01,1937
ottme01,1937
derripa01,1938
carewro01,1967
saberbr01,1990
ripkeca01,1990
eckerde01,1990
henderi01,1990
clemero02,1990
boggswa01,1990
ramirma02,2007
odayda01,2016
brittza01,2016
vs RHP

1. Henderson LF
2. Carew 2B
3. Ott RF
4. Gehrig DH
5. Mize 1B
6. Boggs 3B
7. Hartnett C
8. Vaughan SS
9. Bell CF

vs LHP

1. Henderson CF
2. Herman 2B
3. Heilmann RF
4. Gehrig 1B
5. Ott DH
6. Ramirez LF
7. Hartnett C
8. Boggs 3B
9. Ripken SS

Please set Ernie Lombardi as the personal catcher for Addie Joss.

SP1 Alexander
SP2 Derringer
SP3 Hubbell
SP4 Joss

CL Eckersley
SU Clemens
SR O'Day
SR Britton
MR Saberhagen
LR Rucker
MU Walsh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Eternal Commissioner of the Super League. A new avatar. A new age, of the same old embittered Smasher that failed to escape the bonds of the SL, FM3, Johnny Hopp and Eri Yoshida "The Knuckle Princess". "The flames of Smasher's ire scorch the skies... Igniting St. Bellhorn's funeral pyre."

Super-League XXX, Smasher League Divisional Series: Walney Rakers vs. Portland Panderers

: Given the import of the situation, the W's series will be going last this round, to build the drama.
: The W's aren't dead yet!
: And so, here we go on the other Smasher League Divisional Series.

: The following contest, scheduled for the best three out of five games, is a Smasher League Divisional Series. Introducing first, from Barrow-in-Furness, Cumbria, England, they really, really, really try, but it seems that the universe is just out to get them, the Walney Rakers! And their opponents, the wickedest team in all of the Super-League, they are the former two-time, two-time Super-League Champions of the World, owned by Pander, who has loudly declared that he has has the technical knowledge to build a nuclear device of unthinkable power, and is prepared to use should circumstances provide, the Portland Panderers!

: Smasher, no! That music is too evil!
: WE BOTH KNOW THAT PANDER IS AN ERNEST CLINE GUY! HIS BLACK HEART BEATS WITH THE DERIVATIVE FAUX-NEW WAVE BEAT OF VILLAINY!

Game 1: Walney Rakers @ Portland Panderers (Series Tied 0-0)

: Is Mike Stanton holding ginge's family hostage?
: In theory, you would trust Mike Stanton against an entire lineup made of nothing but left-handers. But ginge should probably stop doing that.

Game 2: Walney Rakers @ Portland Panderers (PAN Leads 1-0)

: Well, that made ginge's Game 1 bullpen meltdown seem harmless.
: The Rakers can rake. I'm not sure they're necessarily better against left-handed pitching, but it's not as though it's a big problem for them. They have a lot of right-handed bats, and their lefties, especially Boggs and Ted Williams, can still mash lefties. Plus, the Panderers only have one right-handed reliever. Once the Rakers blasted their way through him, it was a clear shot to the win.

Game 3: Portland Panderers @ Walney Rakers (Series Tied 1-1)

: With the bases loaded and two outs, with a one run lead, and with his 145th pitch of the game, Addie Joss induced a weak grounder from Eddie Collins, which Joss grabs and tosses to first for the final out.
: You did explain to ginge that it's not like soccer, and he has more than three substitutions for the game, right?
: I did. He asked 'what the bloody hell is 'soccer'?'
: Oh, right, they call it football.
: gently caress, that's right. I probably should try to explain it again. Maybe with puppets this time.

Game 4: Portland Panderers @ Walney Rakers (WAL Leads 2-1)

: I get that neither of these teams really cares about defense at all, but man, there are limits. And we'll go to Game Five a result
: Mike Stanton and bad defense are a toxic combination. And now the Rakers will have to win in Portland. But if they do win, they will make HulkaMatt seem like slightly less of a failure of an owner!

Game 5: Walney Rakers @ Portland Panderers (Series Tied 2-2)

: Dismal outing for the Panderers' offense.
: When you have no power hitters, you need to get hits in sequence. Jim Devlin was able to disperse nine hits in nine innings, and that's it.
: For those keeping track at home, the Panderers managed to get caught stealing six times without a single success. And given that they did lose a one-run game in a series they lost by one game? Not great. For that matter, they lost this game by three runs, and that's the exact same number of unearned runs they had in this game.

: And so the Rakers will move onto the Smasher League Championship Series, having defeated the top half of the Senor Goodtimes Division in sequence. Will they face the W's or Doom? We'll find out Saturday.
: The W's will win! Valima-
: UPDATE OVER!

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

A... trade? No rush for entering it.

B-Z sends 1983 Cal Ripken Jr
Honk sends 1996 Gary Sheffield

Pleasure doing business!

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

kensei posted:

A... trade? No rush for entering it.

B-Z sends 1983 Cal Ripken Jr
Honk sends 1996 Gary Sheffield

Pleasure doing business!

Accepted!

Ginge
Sep 8, 2011

Well, Chippy is already my favourite character!
Hell yeah.

Mike Stanton's issues have been acknowledged, and I would like to replace him with Sparky Lyle for the SLCS.

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

A trade to be executed at the end of the season:

Towa City Demon Hunters send:

1876 Jim Devlin

Mexico City Machine Elves send:

Keeping Devlin on their roster and sending him back to the Demon Hunters should I ask for him back

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
Sub-Par League 18: Semi-Finals: Titanic Deck Chairs vs ENIX SLIMES

A disastrous 7th inning for the Deck Chairs allows the Slimes to come from behind and steal home-field advantage away.

Rube Waddell, having witnessed what happened to Pete Alexander, decides the best course of action is to simply not allow a run.

A disastrous 7th inning for the Deck Chairs allows the Slimes to come from behind an- wait a second. Anyways, Slimes lead 2-1.

It all falls apart for Kevin Brown in the 6th inning. 5 singles, two of them infield singles, and one wild pitch are all it takes for the Deck Chairs to take the lead and not look back. The series is now tied!

A 9th inning homerun for Ron Santo proves to be the difference maker as the Deck Chairs go ahead in the series. The Slimes had the tying run on 3rd with one out in the bottom of the inning but couldn't make anything happen as Roberto Clemente struck out and Tris Speaker flew out.

Warren Spahn did everything in his power to blow this game for the Slimes. Thankfully, they already had a big enough lead that it didn't matter. We go to Game 7! For the Deck Chairs it will be Old Hoss Radbourn! For the Slimes, it will be...Clayton Kershaw? Oh...oh no.

OH NO

EC PICK-EM: GAUNTLET ROUND 1 (pick 2 to survive)
Omaha Forgettables
Puget Sound Philosoraptors
The, Fightin' CSVs
Midwest T-Ball & Supply

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

TheMcD posted:

A trade to be executed at the end of the season:

Towa City Demon Hunters send:

1876 Jim Devlin

Mexico City Machine Elves send:

Keeping Devlin on their roster and sending him back to the Demon Hunters should I ask for him back

accepted!

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.
The second playoff series I've ever won : ). Good series, Harlock, and I look forward to facing you in the finals, mrnoun.

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician
Philosoraptors
CSVs

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.
EXPANSION CUP APRIL UPDATE

Hey everyone in the EC, extremely sorry for the long delays. Been too busy winning the most games in the Sub-Par League and starting a new job and having to manually upload these screenshots one at a time. Since not everyone got in their logos in time, we don't have fancy banners for everyone. Also, some logos didn't quite show up when I put them in, and some (looking at you Dickshots) broke Mogul. I also, uh, forgot to turn off injuries. Apologies for that as well! I promise to do better, eventually.

Buntingville Bastards

RIP Paul Molitor. The linchpin of the team, clearly. Other than making Gorman Thomas your everyday CF, this team feels like it should be doing better than it is. But it is performing exactly to pythag right now, so, uh.

Center Line Sneki Sneks

This Babe Ruth fella might be good. Congrats to cbx for having the best team in April.

Centralia Corgies

If this team makes it to the EC finals, it'll be because of Ichiro. And to that I say: hell yeah.

Florida Dickshots

This filler team gets no comment!

Izzy's Onigiri Hedgehogs

Wow, I thought the Corgies' Ichiro was good. Easily the best-dressed team in the league. You can tell HulkaMatt helped out considering Rivera and how bad he's been.

San Lorenzo Bokonists

I was never a fan of the galaxy brain meme, and neither was mogul.

Seventh Sea Chancers

Look, I loved the concept of the team, but if you're going to randomize what players you use, it helps when your pool of players is small and full of quality, rather than a large pool of one-point feeders.

Stick Club Appellation Hither

Del Rice.

Suez Tugboats

Looking at this team and its collection of talent, I'd really think they should be doing better than .500. Sure, Drew Storen died after throwing 7 innings, but that shouldn't kill the rest of the team. Maybe its morale.

The Clown Team

The death of Lou Boudreau aside, I'm impressed this team is hovering around .500 with some guy named Ned Garver as its #3 starter. I realize now that I probably had to do something to fix Satchel Paige but uh that's a problem for future me if I'm the SubPar League runner.

blakelmenakle
Sep 1, 2007
AHEM! There's sand on my boots!

Home City: Ashburn, Virginia

Home Stadium: Suicide Squeeze Station (based on Great American Ballpark)

Full csv:

code:
berrayo01,1949,,,,Yogi,Berra
downibr01,1975,,,,Brian,Downing
gracema01,1994,,,,Mark,Grace
mizejo01,1949,,,,Johnny,Mize
gehrich01,1935,,,,Charlie,Gehringer
sandbry01,1994,,,,Ryne,Sandberg
bankser01,1960,,,,Ernie,Banks
seweljo01,1932,,,,Joe,Sewell
santoro01,1969,,,,Ron,Santo
kellech01,1949,,,,Charlie,Keller
kinerra01,1953,,,,Ralph,Kiner
dimagjo01,1949,,,,Joe,DiMaggio
ashburi01,1960,,,,Richie,Ashburn
ramirma02,1999,,,,Manny,Ramirez
wadderu01,1902,,,,Rube,Waddell
walshed01,1913,,,,Ed,Walsh
jossad01,1903,,,,Addie,Joss
bondto01,1876,,,,Tommy,Bond
blylebe01,1973,,,,Bert,Blyleven
gossari01,1975,,,,Rich,Gossage
mcdanli01,1965,,,,Lindy,McDaniel
handsbi01,1969,,,,Bill,Hands
myersra01,1994,,,,Randy,Myers
breweji01,1963,,,,Jim,Brewer
jenkife01,1971,,,,Fergie,Jenkins
Lineups:
Vs. RHP:
1.) 1B Mark Grace 1994
2.) LF Charlie Keller 1949
3.) CF Joe DiMaggio 1949
4.) DH Johnny Mize 1949
5.) C Yogi Berra 1949
6.) RF Manny Ramirez 1999
7.) 2B Charlie Gehringer 1935
8.) SS Ernie Banks 1960
9.) 3B Ron Santo 1969

Vs. LHP:
1.) 1B Mark Grace 1994
2.) 2B Ryne Sandberg 1994
3.) CF Joe DiMaggio 1949
4.) DH Johnny Mize 1949
5.) RF Manny Ramirez 1999
6.) LF Ralph Kiner 1953
7.) C Brian Downing 1975
8.) SS Ernie Banks 1960
9.) 3B Ron Santo 1969

Bench:
LF Ralph Kiner 1953/Charlie Keller 1949
C Brian Downing 1975/Yogi Berra 1949
CF Richie Ashburn 1960
2B Ryne Sandberg 1994/Charlie Gehringer 1935
3B Joe Sewell 1932

Pitching Rotation:
SP1 Rube Waddell 1902
SP2 Ed Walsh 1913
SP3 Addie Joss 1903
SP4 Bert Blyleven 1973
SP5 Tommy Bond 1876

Bullpen:
CL Rich Gossage 1975
SU Lindy McDaniel 1965
SR Randy Myers 1994
MR Jim Brewer 1963
MR Bill Hands 1969
LR Fergie Jenkins 1971

Strategy (Rate on a scale from -5 to +5)
Hit and Run: 0
Sacrifice Bunt: -5
Squeeze Play: 0
Trying for extra bases: 0
Stealing Bases: 0
Aggressively Tagging Up: 3
Pitch Outs (to prevent stolen bases): -3
Giving Intentional Walks: -3
Pitching Around Good Hitters: 0
Bringing the Infield In: 0
Guarding the Lines: 2
Making Cutoff Throws: 2
Bringing in Pinch Hitters: 3
Bringing in Pinch Runners: -3
Bringing in Defensive Replacements: -2
Starting Pitchers on Short Rest: 0
Letting pitchers pitch throw trouble: 0
Letting Pitchers rack up high pitch counts: 2

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Puget Sound Philosoraptors

Midwest T-Ball & Supply

Izzysaurus
Mar 20, 2021
Onigiri Hedgehogs

Let's move Manny Ramirez to LF full time and move Goose to the bench.

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Eternal Commissioner of the Super League. A new avatar. A new age, of the same old embittered Smasher that failed to escape the bonds of the SL, FM3, Johnny Hopp and Eri Yoshida "The Knuckle Princess". "The flames of Smasher's ire scorch the skies... Igniting St. Bellhorn's funeral pyre."

Super-League XXX, Dynamo League Divisional Series: World Warriors vs. Raleigh Red Pandas

: Well, Yoshida, it's time for the ultimate showdown as two nearly identical teams vie to show which one is marginally superior to the other. The Red Pandas and the Warriors are the last two finalists coming out of the Dynamo League, and while both sucked and died against the W's in the finals, I suppose there's a chance that whoever wins this series may face a team other than the W's in the finals this time, and thus may actually be competitive.
: No, the W's are going to win!

: The following contest, scheduled for the best three of five games, is a Dynamo League Divisional Series. Introducing first, they are the very former Dynamo League Champions and the very, very former Tag Team Champions, one-half of perennial disappointment Goku, it's the World Warriors! And their opponent, from Raleigh, which is in NOOOOOOOOOOOOOORTH CAROLIIIIIIIIIIINA, the Raleigh Red Pandas!

Game 1: World Warriors @ Raleigh Red Pandas (Series Tied 0-0)

: The universe hates Yaya.
: The evidence really is piling up on that front.

Game 2: World Warriors @ Raleigh Red Pandas (RED Leads 1-0)

: You know what, I was wrong. EVERY universe hates Yaya.
: I hope that his team is granted a swift and merciful death.

Game 3: Raleigh Red Pandas @ World Warriors (RED Leads 2-0)

: One wonders if this is a dead cat bounce. After all, beating Roger Clemens has not historically been much of a feat in the Super-League.
: The Warriors can't afford to drop another game, and the People's Lefty is starting Game 4. It does not look good for them, but where there's hope-
: Where's hope? I forbid hope in my Super-League! If anyone out there sees any hope whatsoever, I demand you inform me immediately so it can be destroyed publicly so that all can learn that hope has no place in this league! NO PLACE!

Game 4: Raleigh Red Pandas @ World Warriors (RED Leads 2-1)

: Huh.
: That was not a great time for the People's Lefty to have his worst start of the season. Actually, it was the worst time possible.

Game 5: World Warriors @ Raleigh Red Pandas (Series Tied 2-2)

: Huh.
: Did...did the Warriors just come back from an 0-2 deficit to win the series?
: I guess they did. That sort of thing happens when your opponent only gets two hits in the deciding game.
: Good for Yaya! Even though it's literally impossible for any of his other sports teams to do well, it's nice to see that the Warriors did well!
: Yes...and their reward? An express flight to Towa City, where the air is thin in oxygen, yet thick with evil.
: Is the evil displacing the oxygen?
: Figuratively speaking.
: I believe in Yaya! But not quite enough to beat the Demon Hunters. Sorry, Yaya!

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks

I would like to retract my comments about Playoff Kershaw that I made during the Slimes/Deck Chairs series post and issue an apology to Clayton Kershaw.

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

1.Nice

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

i enjoy the warriors/red pandas rivalry

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
The Pandas lost because they failed to use Sub-K[n]uck enough.

DannoMack
Aug 1, 2003

i love it when you call me big poppa

Yaya posted:

I would like to retract my comments about Playoff Kershaw that I made during the Slimes/Deck Chairs series post and issue an apology to Clayton Kershaw.

If only hulkamatt had an ace as reliable in big games as Clayton Kershaw

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET
:siren: PAIR OF TRADES! :siren:

To be executed after the playoffs, so Smasher doesn't have to change any rosters.

First off:

The OKC Bombers acquire:

2011 Clayton Kershaw
1992 Larry Walker

The Glass Spiders acquire:

1962 Juan Marichal
1960 Ernie Banks
2002 John Smoltz
2018 Tyler Glasnow

And the second deal:

The World Warriors acquire:
2011 Clayton Kershaw

The OKC Bombers acquire:
1938 Arky Vaughan
1932 Bill Dickey

I believe that's all correct.

e: Second time's the charm. Now it's correct.

mentholmoose fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Apr 16, 2021

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
I'll do that, sure.

Moleboy
Apr 20, 2011

Looksy
-Hindsight-

Looking Back, I am sure of 2 things:
1. I should have found the thread before it finished
2. Grimper may have actually done one or two things wrong

Prelim posting my CSV atm, will update the other pieces later

CSV:

sislege01,1917
whitalo01,1986
prattde01,1917
evansda01,1979
ottme01,1943
musiast01,1942
schanwa01,1918
severha01,1917
hartnga01,1930
madlobi01,1979
kalinal01,1967
lemonch01,1986
lavelga01,1979
ruthba01,1918
hoopeha01,1918
mageesh01,1913
cravaga01,1913
gibsoki01,1986
jacobba01,1917
clarkja01,1979
borbope01,1979
hernawi01,1986
hollaal01,1979
roberda05,1979
maysca01,1918
leonadu01,1918
alexape01,1913
rixeyep01,1913
groombo01,1917
planked01,1917
tananfr01,1986
morrija02,1986
brennad01,1913
powelja01,1902
trammal01,1986
matheed01,1960
clemero02,1998
martipe02,1999

Moleboy fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Apr 16, 2021

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

mentholmoose posted:

:siren: PAIR OF TRADES! :siren:

To be executed after the playoffs, so Smasher doesn't have to change any rosters.

First off:

The OKC Bombers acquire:

2011 Clayton Kershaw
1992 Larry Walker

The Glass Spiders acquire:

1962 Juan Marichal
1960 Ernie Banks
2002 John Smoltz
2018 Tyler Glasnow

Yep.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
next stop, dispersal draft pool :toot:

Home Stadium
Rosenblatt Stadium Memorial Parking Lot Memorial Stadium
Elevation 1090'
Open air, natural turf
Left: 330
Left-center: 350
Center: 375
Right-center: 370
Right: 354
Infield Quality: Excellent
Infield Grass: High
Visibility: Excellent
Foul Ground: Large

Lineups (DH League)

vs RHP
DH Rickey Henderson-1
2B Lou Whitaker
CF Rickey Henderson-2
RF El Shaddai
LF Gary Sheffield
3B George Kell
1B Albert Pujols
SS Ernie Banks
C Mickey Cochrane

vs LHP
CF Rickey Henderson-1
2B Lou Whitaker
DH Rickey Henderson-2
RF El Shaddai
LF Gary Sheffield
3B George Kell
1B Albert Pujols
SS Ernie Banks
C Mickey Cochrane

Bench

C Joe Mauer 2006 Minnesota Twins
OF Al Simmons 1926 Philadelphia Athletics
IF Omar Vizquel 1995 Cleveland Indians
IF Scott Rolen 2002 St Louis Cardinals
OF Edd Roush 1916 New York Giants

Rotation

SP1 Eddie Plank
SP2 George Mullin (personal catcher Joe Mauer)
SP3 Slim Sallee
SP4 Al Spalding (personal catcher Joe Mauer)
SP5 Lefty Grove '26

CL Tom Henke
SU Luke Gregerson
SR AJ Ramos
SR Rheal Cormier
MR Bruce Sutter
LR Christy Mathewson

Strategy sliders
Hit and Run 2
Sacrifice Bunt 0
Squeeze Play 2
Extra Bases 2
Steal Bases 0
Tag Up 2
Pitch Out 0
Intentional Walk -2
Pitch Around 2
Infield In 0
Guard Lines 2
Cutoff Throws 0
Pinch Hit 0
Pinch Run 0
Defensive Replacements 0
Start on Short Rest -3
Pitch Through Trouble -2
High Pitch Counts 0

CSVs

code:
cochrmi01,1926,,,,Mickey,Cochrane
pujolal01,2012,,,,Albert,Pujols
whitalo01,1985,,,,Lou,Whitaker
bankser01,1957,,,,Ernie,Banks
kellge01,1952,,,,George,Kell
roushed01,1916,,,,Edd,Roush
sheffga01,1995,,,,Gary,Sheffield
mauerjo01,2006,,,,Joe,Mauer
simmoal01,1926,,,,Al,Simmons
vizquom01,1995,,,,Omar,Vizquel
rolensc01,2002,,,,Scott,Rolen
henderi01,1989,,,,Rickey,Henderson
henderi01,1989,,,,Rickey,Henderson
planked01,1902,,,,Eddie,Plank
mullige01,1908,,,,George,Mullin
sallesl01,1916,,,,Slim,Sallee
spaldal01,1874,,,,Al,Spalding
grovele01,1926,,,,Lefty,Grove
henketo01,1987,,,,Tom,Henke
gregelu01,2013,,,,Luke,Gregerson
ramosaj01,2015,,,,Luke,Gregerson
cormirh01,1997,,,,Rheal,Cormier
suttebr01,1979,,,,Bruce,Sutter
mathech01,1916,,,,Christy,Mathewson
parrila02,1985,,,,Lance,Parrish
walkela01,1992,,,,Larry,Walker
utleych01,2009,,,,Chase,Utley
murphdw01,1985,,,,Dwayne,Murphy
grovele01,1933,,,,Lefty,Grove
sallesl01,1916,,,,Slim,Sallee
lylesp01,1977,,,,Sparky,Lyle
alomaro01,1993,,,,Roberto,Alomar
cormirh01,1997,,,,Rheal,Cormier
mattido01,1985,,,,Don,Mattingly
kauffbe01,1916,,,,Benny,Kauff
gibsobo01,1969,,,,Bob,Gibson
foxxji01,1926,,,,Jimmie,Foxx
ERROR: No match found for El Shaddai custom.

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.
Expansion Cup May

Buntingville Bastards

Expertly playing three games below pythag to get a better pick right now.

Center Line Sneki Sneks

Babe Ruth can only do so much with this pitching staff.

Centralia Corgies

Ichiro regressing? No. Nooooooooooooooooo!

Florida Dickshots

Glad to see filler teams in last place.

Izzy's Onigiri Hedgehogs

"Mamma mia" - HulkaMatt, on Mariano Rivera's performance.

San Lorenzo Bokononists

When your 2-3-4 hitters all have an OBP above .415, you're going to do pretty well.

Seventh Sea Chancers

If nothing else, this team may have convinced some people to look into Steve Sparks and Pete Cassidy.

Hardy Richardson might not actually know which Stick game he's supposed to be playing. .909 is fine for a backup NHL goaltender, not a 2B.

Suez Tugboats

Yeah, that's closer to where I thought this team should be in the standings. Mike Piazza seems pretty good!

The Clown Team

Ted Williams is doing everything he can to save this team. And, hell, he's doing a pretty good job at it.

Ablative
Nov 9, 2012

Someone is getting this as an avatar. I don't know who, but it's gonna happen.
Seventh Sea Chancers

Well. This is going...

It's definitely going.

Bauer down, Dewey up.

And give Herzog McFarland's job.

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
Sub-Par League 18: Gauntlet Round 1
I hate running the Gauntlet. Setting up save files is far and away the most tedious thing about running the league and you do it like, 6 times with the Gauntlet. It sucks.

Yes, Moleboy. It was the bullpens' fault. I'm sorry it went down like this and I hope you come back. Pedro was your best pitcher if it's any consolation!

EC Pick 'Em: Gauntler Round 2 (pick 2 to survive)

Midwest T-Ball & Supply
Omaha Forgettables
Mid-Atlantic Trainwrecks
Styx Boatmen

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
That's about as unforgiving a result as possible.

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Super-League XXX, Smasher League Divisional Series: Khartoum Doom vs. South Bolton Eazy W's

: Big day today, as it is a career-threatening series for the W's and-
: Hey, Smasher! Did I tell you! I met a girl, and she has a cat, and a boat, and she offered to take us to a magic door with her boat once the series is over!
: What?
: There she is! Hey, Stella!

: What?!
: She's not much of a talker.
: Let's just get on with the games.

: The following contest, scheduled for the best three of five games, is a Smasher League Divisional Series, and it is also a CAREER-THREATENING SERIES! If the W's lose, they must immediately retire. Introducing first, from Khartoum, Sudan, the team of Slug Lyfe, they are the Super-League XXX Mark Bellhorn Division Champions, the Khartoum Doom! And their opponents, in what may be their final set of games, they are the five-time reigning and defending Super-League Champions of the world, and the Team Eternal! From Bolton, Lancashire, England, your South Bolton Eazy W's!

Game 1: Khartoum Doom @ South Bolton Eazy W's (Series Tied 0-0)

: Easy enough.
: We're going to live! HOORAY!

Game 2: Khartoum Doom @ South Bolton Eazy W's (SLA Leads 1-0)

: And the W's are one win away from wrapping things up.
: Waddell did well, but the Doom just could not solve Cy Young.

Game 3: South Bolton Eazy W's @ Khartoum Doom (SLA Leads 2-0)

: Okay, fine, I'll stop trying to make Randy Johnson happen.
: Oh, no! Are the Doom about to come back?
: They're a team built on left-handed power, and Steves Carlton will be starting the remaining games of the series, so no, I think not.
: Is this one of those times where your self-confidence will be our undoing?

Game 4: South Bolton Eazy W's @ Khartoum Doom (SLA Leads 2-1)

: No. No, it will not.
: Oh. Then I guess it's on to Barrow, for one last North England Derby.

: In any event, thanks to the passage of time, I can now summon Wanderlei Bolton from his slumber. Let ginge tremble.
: I'm never going to get that boat ride.

ginge
TheMcD
Yaya

One of you may win the Super-League Championship, assuming the W's don't crush two out of the three of you once more. Do any of you want to see your team reduced to ash against the Macho Men?[/b]

Pitcher/Injury Update

Towa City Demon Hunters

Pitcher Rest
All Rested

Injuries
-None-

Walney Rakers

Pitcher Rest
Jim Devlin - 2 days out
All others rested

Injuries
Ernie Banks (SS) - OUT!

World Warriors

Pitcher Rest
Clayon Kershaw - 2 days out
All others rested

Injuries
Maniac Magee (OF) - OUT!
Eddie Collins (2B) - OUT!

Pick 'em: League Championship Edition
Pick the winner, number of games (Best of Seven), and score of the final game
Walney Rakers vs. South Bolton Eazy W's
World Warriors vs. Towa City Demon Hunters

Smasher Dynamo fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Apr 17, 2021

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

Let's make sure we get the two liveball pitchers to play at the Warriors.

Rotation:

SP1: Lower ERA Bobby Mathews
SP2: Higher ERA Bobby Mathews
SP3: Roy Halladay
SP4: Juan Marichal

Set the next starter to be Lower ERA Bobby Mathews, the SP1.

EDIT: Oh, and should by some miracle this team win the SL, then yes, I want to face the Macho Men. I don't think I have a lot of upwards potential with this team, so I don't think I need to extend its lifespan further.

Ginge
Sep 8, 2011

Well, Chippy is already my favourite character!

Set up the rotation as follows (which Joss is which doesn't matter, SP1 Joss starts game one):

SP1 Joss
SP2 Vance
SP3 Devlin
SP4 Joss

And the Rakers will accept the Macho Men's challenge should they win the finals.

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks

Feel these are my two best options to pitch at Towa City.

Game 1: Stephen Strasburg
Game 2: Rube Waddell
Game 3: Clayton Kershaw
Game 4: Cole Hamels
Mopup: Madison Bumgarner

Tim Raines becomes full-time LF. Paul Waner becomes full-time RF. Raines #1 in both lineups, Waner #6.

Also, the Warriors, as always, accept the Macho Man challenge.

Craig K
Nov 10, 2016

puck
*carefully puts the arrested development chicken dance away, to save for another season*

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Midwest T-Ball & Supply

Styx Boatmen

Scr00bins
Sep 10, 2020

Updated with some lineup changes. Sorry for my lateness once again

Midwest T-Ball & Supply Inc.
Home:South Dakota
Stadium: Wrigley Field

Roster:
Fielding/ Player/ Age/ Team
Vs.Righties
C/ Joe Mauer/ 26/ 2009 Twins
1B/ Lou Gehrig/ 32/ 1935 Yankees
2B/ Joe Morgan/ 26/ 1970 NL Allstars
3B/ Pete Rose/ 29/ 1970 NL Allstars
SS/ Alex Rodriguez/ 24/ 2000 Mariners
RF/ Kirby Puckett/ 28/ 1988 Twins
CF/ Ken Griffey Jr./27/ 1997 Mariners
LF/ Manny Ramirez/ 32/ 2004 Red Sox
DH/ David Ortiz/ 28/ 2004 Red Sox

Batting Order:
1/ Joe Morgan/ 26/ 1970 NL Allstars
2/ Pete Rose/ 29/ 1970 NL Allstars
3/ Ken Griffey Jr./27/ 1997 Mariners
4/ Manny Ramirez/ 32/ 2004 Red Sox
5/ Alex Rodriguez/ 24/ 2000 Mariners
6/ Joe Mauer/ 26/ 2009 Twins
7/ Kirby Puckett/ 28/ 1988 Twins
8/ David Ortiz/ 28/ 2004 Red Sox
9/ Lou Gehrig/ 32/ 1935 Yankees

Bench vs. Righties:
Orlando Cabrera/29/ 2004 Red Sox
Joe Torre/ 29/ 1970 NL Allstars
Dick Allen/ 28/ 1970 NL Allstars
Hank Aaron/ 36/ 1970 NL Allstars
Willie Mays/ 39/ 1970 NL Allstars

VsLefties
C/ Joe Torre/ 29/ 1970 NL Allstars
1B/ Dick Allen/ 28/ 1970 NL Allstars
2B/ Alex Rodriguez/ 24/ 2000 Mariners
3B/ Pete Rose/ 29/ 1970 NL Allstars
SS/ Orlando Cabrera/29/ 2004 Red Sox
RF/ Kirby Puckett/ 28/ 1988 Twins
CF/ Ken Griffey Jr./27/ 1997 Mariners
LF/ Hank Aaron/ 36/ 1970 NL Allstars
DH/ Manny Ramirez/ 32/ 2004 Red Sox

Batting Order:
1/ Dick Allen/ 28/ 1970 NL Allstars
2/ Orlando Cabrera/29/ 2004 Red Sox
3/ Pete Rose/ 29/ 1970 NL Allstars
4/ Manny Ramirez/ 32/ 2004 Red Sox
5/ Joe Torre/ 29/ 1970 NL Allstars
6/ Ken Griffey Jr./27/ 1997 Mariners
7/ Kirby Puckett/ 28/ 1988 Twins
8/ Alex Rodriguez/ 24/ 2000 Mariners
9/ Hank Aaron/ 36/ 1970 NL Allstars

Bench vs.Lefites:
Lou Gehrig/ 32/ 1935 Yankees
Joe Mauer/ 26/ 2009 Twins
Joe Morgan/ 26/ 1970 NL Allstars
David Ortiz/ 28/ 2004 Red Sox
Willie Mays/ 39/ 1970 NL Allstars

Pitching Rotation:
S1/ Pedro Martinez/ 26/ 1998 Red Sox
S2/ Pedro Martinez/ 32/ 2004 Red Sox
S3/ Nolan Ryan/ 23/ 1970 Mets
S4/ Tom Seaver/ 25/ 1970 NL Allstars
S5/ Bert Blyleven /37/ 1988 Twins

Bullpen
Closer/ Curt Schilling/ 37/ 2004 Red Sox
Set-up/ Dazzy Vance/ 24/ 1915 Yankees
SR/ Frank Viola/ 24/ 1988 Twins
SR/ Scott Williamson/28/ 2004 Red Sox
MR/Joe Nathan/ 33/ 2008 Twins
LR/ Mark Portugal/ 25/ 1988 Twins

Minors:
1B/2B/3B-Mark Bellhorn/ 29/ 2004 Red Sox
Closer/ Jeff Reardon/ 32/ 1988 Twins
RP/ Gaylord Perry/ 31/ 1970 NL Allstars
3B/1B Tony Perez/ 28/ 1970 NL Allstars
RP/ Mike Myers/ 35/ 2004 Red Sox
RP/ Keith Foulke/ 31/ 2004 Red Sox
C/ Johnny Bench/ 22/ 1970 NL Allstars
SS/ Nomar Garciaparra/30/ 2004 Red Sox
1B/ Kent Hrbek/ 28/ 1988 Twins
RF/ Roberto Clemente/35/ 1970 NL Allstars
SP/ Bob Gibson/ 34/ 1970 NL Allstars

All Strategy Settings = 0

torrejo01,1970,,,,Joe,Torre
hrbekke01,1988,,,,Kent,Hrbek
morgajo02,1970,,,,Joe,Morgan
rosepe01,1970,,,,Pete,Rose
garcino01,2004,,,,Nomar,Garciaparra
aaronha01,1970,,,,Hank,Aaron
puckeki01,1988,,,,Kirby,Puckett
ramirma02,2004,,,,Manny,Ramirez
ortizda01,2004,,,,David,Ortiz
seaveto01,1970,,,,Tom,Seaver
martipe02,2004,,,,Pedro,Martinez
gibsobo01,1970,,,,Bob,Gibson
violafr01,1988,,,,Frank,Viola
schilcu01,2004,,,,Curt,Schilling
reardje01,1988,,,,Jeff,Reardon
foulkke01,2004,,,,Keith,Foulke
vanceda01,1915,,,,Dazzy,Vance
willisc01,2004,,,,Scott,Williamson
myersmi01,2004,,,,Mike,Myers
blylebe01,1988,,,,Bert,Blyleven
bellhma01,2004,,,,Mark,Bellhorn
mayswi01,1970,,,,Willie,Mays
benchjo01,1970,,,,Johnny,Bench
allendi01,1970,,,,Dick,Allen
clemero01,1970,,,,Roberto,Clemente
portuma01,1988,,,,Mark,Portugal
perryga01,1970,,,,Gaylord,Perry
perezto01,1970,,,,Tony,Perez
cabreor01,2004,,,,Orlando,Cabrera
mccovwi01,1970,,,,Willie,McCovey
rodrial01,2000,,,,Alex,Rodriguez
martipe02,1998,,,,Pedro,Martinez
mauerjo01,2009,,,,Joe,Mauer
nathajo01,2008,,,,Joe,Nathan
griffke02,1997,,,,Ken,Griffey
gehrilo01,1935,,,,Lou,Gehrig
ryanno01,1970,,,,Nolan,Ryan

Scr00bins fucked around with this message at 10:39 on Apr 18, 2021

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

Gauntlet:

Midwest T-Ball & Supply
Styx Boatmen

Playoffs:

South Bolton Eazy W's in 6, 4-2
World Warriors in 7, 5-3

CVE
Jan 27, 2012
Roster Post for the gauntlet

Team Name: Styx Boatmen

Icon:

Feeders
Career Wasters Killebrew (4)
1988 Baltimore Orioles (3)
1951 Pittsburgh Pirates (1)
1994 California Angels (1)
1996 New York Mets (1)

Home City: The River Styx (Underworld below Mount Olympus, Thessaloniki for a real world place)

Stadium: Charon's Purse (modeled after Chase Field)

Roster:

Majors:
C Yogi Berra (1951 Yankees, Trade)
1B Jimmie Foxx (1935 Rockies)
2B Roger Hornsby (1930 Cubs, Trade)
SS Cal Ripken jr.(1988 Orioles)
3B George Brett (Career Wasters Killebrew 1975 Royals)
3B Eddie Yost (Career Wasters Killebrew 1954 Senators)
LF Frank Robinson (1967 Orioles, Trade)
CF Willie Mays (1965 Giants, Draft Pick)
RF Hank Aaron (1967 Braves, Trade)
DH Harmon Killebrew (Career Wasters Killebrew 1964 Twins)
SP Luis Tiant (Career Wasters Killebrew 1970 Twins)
SP Steve Carlton (1974 Phillies, Draft Pick)
SP Bert Blyleven (Career Wasters Killebrew 1974 Twins)
SP Cy Young (1908 Red Sox, Trade)
SP Curt Schilling (1988 Orioles)
CL Mariano Rivera (1999 Yankees, Draft Pick)
ST John Franco (1996 Mets)
SR Sean Doolittle (2017 Nationals, Trade)
SR Takashi Saito (2007 Dodgers, Draft Pick)
MR Steve Mingori (Career Wasters Killebrew 1975 Royals)
LR Jim Kaat (Career Wasters Killebrew 1966 Twins)

CF Ken Griffey Jr. (1992 Mariners, Draft Pick)
SS Juan Uribe (2002 Rockies)
UT Rod Carew (Career Wasters Killebrew 1974 Twins)
C Mickey Tettleton (1988 Orioles)

Minors
C Todd Hundley (1996 Mets)
UT Pete Runnels (Career Wasters Killebrew 1955 Senators)
SP Dean Chance (Career Wasters Killebrew 1967 Twins)
RP Jerry Dipoto (1996 Mets)
RF Larry Walker (2002 Rockies)

Lineup vs RHP

#1 Jimmie Foxx
#2 Willie Mays
#3 Frank Robinson
#4 Hank Aaron
#5 Roger Hornsby
#6 Harmon Killebrew
#7 Georg Brett
#8 Cal Ripken jr.
#9 Yogi Berra

Lineup vs LHP

#1 Jimmie Foxx
#2 Willie Mays
#3 Frank Robinson
#4 Hank Aaron
#5 Roger Hornsby
#6 Harmon Killebrew
#7 Cal Ripken jr.
#8 Eddie Yost
#9 Yogi Berra

Pitching Rotation:

SP1 Luis Tiant
SP2 Steve Carlton
SP3 Bert Blyleven
SP4 Cy Young
SP5 Curt Schilling

CL Mariano Rivera
ST John Franco
SR Sean Doolittle
SR Takashi Saito
MR Steve Mingori
LR Jim Kaat

Sliders: All neutral

CSV
code:
tettlmi01,1988,,,,Mickey,Tettleton
griffke02,1992,,,,Ken, Griffey
carewro01,1974,,,,Rod,Carew
ripkeca01,1988,,,,Cal,Ripken
brettge01,1975,,,,George,Brett
yosted01,1954,,,,Eddie,Yost
aaronha01,1967,,,,Hank,Aaron
foxxji01,1935,,,,Jimmie,Foxx
walkela01,2002,,,,Larry,Walker
killeha01,1964,,,,Harmon,Killebrew
tiantlu01,1970,,,,Luis,Tiant
blylebe01,1974,,,,Bert,Blyleven
chancde01,1967,,,,Dean,Chance
schilcu01,1988,,,,Curt,Schilling
kaatji01,1966,,,,Jim,Kaat
francjo01,1996,,,,John,Franco
mingost01,1975,,,,Steve,Mingori
dipotje01,1996,,,,Jerry,Dipoto
doolise01,2017,,,,Sean,Doolittle
saitota01,2007,,,,Takashi,Saito
riverma01,1999,,,,Mariano,Rivera
mayswi01,1965,,,,Willie,Mays
carltst01,1974,,,,Steve,Carlton
robinfr02,1967,,,,Frank,Robinson
uribeju01,2002,,,,Juan,Uribe
hornsro01,1930,,,,Roger,Hornsby
runnepe01,1955,,,,Pete,Runnels
hundlto01,1996,,,,Todd,Hundley
youngcy01,1908,,,,Cy,Young
berrayo01,1951,,,,Yogi,Berra

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.
Expansion Cup June

Please ignore all the random players in your minor league. I didn't know I had to turn off the draft.

Buntingville Bastards

Your team is great at run prevention, both for yourself and for others.

Center Line Sneki Sneks

This team probably easily makes it to the EC Finals with a slightly better and less injured pitching staff.

Centralia Corgies

Ichiro's bat may have cooled off but at least his glove didn't!

Florida Dickshots

Pass.

Izzy's Onigiri Hedgehogs

Ideally you don't lose a game to the Chancers, but right in the thick of the chase.

San Lorenzo Bokononists

Craig Baddgio

Seventh Sea Chancers

Whitey Herzog insists that McFarland gets his job back.

Dan Brouthers can only do so much. Hitting like Babe Ruth but the team's in the cellar.

Suez Tugboats

7 games against the Chancers, 7 wins, and that's why you're in first.

The Clown Team

It's just weird to me that Ted Williams always ends up on bad teams but Babe Ruth doesn't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

Yeah let's go ahead and get biggio outta there.

-Tony Lazzeri in for Craig Biggio

-Swap Joe Kelley and Willie Keeler in the lineup