Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

tarot cloth is actually better despite the nerf, it doubles the power of any card you use now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
Unlocked jacob and esau. I take back all the bad things I said about the keeper.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I beat the Final Final boss with Tained Apollyon, great character and really nice ending. I appreciate that it wasn't too ridiculous of a fight, even if I just barely scraped by with half a heart. I got really lucky with Tainted Apollyon, the extension cord trinket on the first floor and Hive Mind not long afterwards.

The item he unlocks for beating that boss, Echo Chamber, is insane. It activates the effects of every pill and card/rune you've used since getting the item every time you use a pill or card/rune. it's probably rare but it makes the nerfs lyle is yelling about pretty funny

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

I wanna be your left hand man

mysterious loyall X posted:

WHY DID THEY NERF 1+1.

Yeah I just found this out too. Everything is terrible.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Evil Eagle posted:

I beat the Final Final boss with Tained Apollyon, great character and really nice ending. I appreciate that it wasn't too ridiculous of a fight, even if I just barely scraped by with half a heart. I got really lucky with Tainted Apollyon, the extension cord trinket on the first floor and Hive Mind not long afterwards.

The item he unlocks for beating that boss, Echo Chamber, is insane. It activates the effects of every pill and card/rune you've used since getting the item every time you use a pill or card/rune. it's probably rare but it makes the nerfs lyle is yelling about pretty funny

pills are still insane trash

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

pills are still insane trash

I only eat them when my life depends on it or I get PHD or false PHD. But I'd probably eat a random pill if it was going to activate the sun or jera or the hierophant. or any card really

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003
oh it triggers when you use them? i guess that's cool then, sort of.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Evil Eagle posted:

I only eat them when my life depends on it or I get PHD or false PHD. But I'd probably eat a random pill if it was going to activate the sun or jera or the hierophant. or any card really

lucky foot grants phd now, and theres tears up pills. i also feel like theres lots of new ways to make chests/room drops better, cain got a huge buff

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

oh it triggers when you use them? i guess that's cool then, sort of.

yes it activates every card/pill/rune you've used since picking up Echo Chamber at once every time you use a card/pill/rune. So you can use jera infinite times or fill every room with poop, the possibilities are endless

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Speaking of which Card against humanity is like a free 99 coins if you use it in a 2x2 or even 3 size room. hope you have good enough tears to drill through all the poop though

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
yeah card against humanity in large rooms is an old strat. usually guaranteed the poop trinket that makes poops pay out more often. remember that destroyed blocks like other poops, rocks tnts, etc count as "occupied" so it wont spawn them there.

Brasseye
Feb 13, 2009

welcome posted:

Unlocked jacob and esau. I take back all the bad things I said about the keeper.

I keep getting hit by stuff that wouldn't normally hit me.. very upsetting

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

the nerfs are pissing me off now.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I've got no idea how to dodge dogma's 2nd phase yet so I'm probably going to die but I'm going to drag this 1 heart lilith all the way up the ascent to the locked closet anyway

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Evil Eagle posted:

yes it activates every card/pill/rune you've used since picking up Echo Chamber at once every time you use a card/pill/rune. So you can use jera infinite times or fill every room with poop, the possibilities are endless

infinite tears down awesome@

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003
i beat dogma first try. ez pz. well except the lovely gradius walls part where it scrolls back and forth. its defininteely not as bad as the "bullet hell" portions of hush, delerium, etc.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Dogma and the Beast are so insanely well designed that you can immediately tell that Edmund didn't have ruling say over how it went

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

i beat dogma first try. ez pz. well except the lovely gradius walls part where it scrolls back and forth. its defininteely not as bad as the "bullet hell" portions of hush, delerium, etc.

The part where it flies off screen 5 times hit me a lot. Just need to learn the pattern, sure I get there before the 34 characters are done

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
when he spins just run laps around the room hugging the walls. Try to not have him rush in a diagonal, if you did it right youll be on the other side of the room when the feathers burst so you have a lot of room to weave between them.

i jut beat delirium and i swear its even worse than it was in ab+ but maybe just having 8 items as tainted isaac made it harder than it usually is

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I fought isaac in the void when I fought delirium and his move was impossible to dodge. So were the mom legs in curse of darkness but overall I had a tougher time with the hush fight before the void. With characters I've got a hush clear but not delirium I may just start hoping for a random portal after lamb or w/e lol

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
every time i fought mega satan in rep hes opened up a delirium portal if you're going that way, which is good, but they gave him armor so you cant instamelt him anymore which is bad

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003
I didnt read the spoilers about the red key being a garuneteed drop only once fuuu

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

i've decided i hate mostly everything about this expansion, and in fact the only thing i think is flat out good are the new/fixed synergies

Ruffini
Oct 2, 2018
I loving hate this game but I'm gonna play a few hours tonight

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

i like reading this kind of stuff having no idea what any of it means.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Ruffini posted:

I loving hate this game but I'm gonna play a few hours tonight

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I'm loving this expansion after skipping afterbirth+ entirely, honestly the one thing that really gets to me are the dumb rear end worms that show up 5 seconds after all the other enemies. The new areas are all really fun to play through

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

ArfJason posted:

every time i fought mega satan in rep hes opened up a delirium portal if you're going that way, which is good, but they gave him armor so you cant instamelt him anymore which is bad

Probably the best armor implementation is on The Beast where it secretly also gives you an item that raises your attack and tears to a certain threshold when you start the fight, so even if you have like literally no upgrades going in he will only take so many hits to kill. You can still get screwed on some of the other bosses

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Got home and finished that Lilith run, turns out tech x + jacob's ladder with like 4 incubi is pretty busted, dogema melted lol. Thanks for the dodging tips arf. 3 streak hype

Tainted Lilith seems really cool, but I think I'm gonna play jacob and esau for a while because they have some really cool looking unlocks.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

i've decided i hate mostly everything about this expansion, and in fact the only thing i think is flat out good are the new/fixed synergies

i think i like it but all the good stuff is form antibirth, a free mod from a half decade ago. coupled with the terrible edmun/nicalis (or maybe hidden edmund/nicalis powers the antibrith team had all along??) design/balance choices so it's like 20 bux for a worse version of a free mod.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Evil Eagle posted:

I'm loving this expansion after skipping afterbirth+ entirely, honestly the one thing that really gets to me are the dumb rear end worms that show up 5 seconds after all the other enemies. The new areas are all really fun to play through

the original afterbirth+ was cool you could get a room with like 3 void portals 3 stone babies and void portals could spawn more stone babies right on basement 1. epic

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

I wanna be your left hand man

I didnt read the spoilers about the red key being a garuneteed drop only once fuuu

I made this mistake too 😞

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
Parasite, lodestone, marked, sacred heart, sagittarius, and car batteried belial was pretty fun, but oh boy, now mega satan is armored...

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
theres dumb nerfs and stuff like hush being made harder in bullshit ways but overall i like the expansion. never played antibirth which probably has a lot to do with it. that said the whole beast fight with the horsemen and poo poo gets old after a while.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003
tried a run with the keeper and he's actually legitimately a good character now....hosed up...

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
I told you!! Tainted keeper is imo even funner

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

ArfJason posted:

I told you!! Tainted keeper is imo even funner

Yeah probably my favorite at this point. It's fun how wild your run can get from opening up the shop pool like that

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003
alright this is kewl

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

lilith ftw

I died to the final boss on a weak cain run but at least I unlocked minecraft

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003
dogma and the beast are much better last bosses than mother and delerium, gently caress you edmund!