Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Agent Escalus
Oct 5, 2002

"I couldn't stop saying aloud how miscast Jim Carrey was!"

Big City Drinkin posted:

Has it been suggested yet that someone buy Nathen an account or is that too poop-touchy? I mean you know he’d post.

In the annals of "Just Saying": Better here than on KiwiFarms. We have standards, we aren't constantly sniffing for blood in the water, AND we aren't still posting pages' worth of daily musings on Lowtax.

That said, nevermind touching the poop; Nathen would wreck this thread's zeitgeist. That always happens. We the Goons have always tended to make the best posts as observers, not participants. It's not the same when an official staffer or the subject of interest shows up; everything about how and what the users post about changes. It's partially why the best way to gauge what an audience thinks about an IP/topic is to go to unofficial sources, like fan forums. There's a reason that whoever "Toby Fox" is, he keeps his posting under that name to his own Twitter as opposed to going into Undertale and Deltarune threads/boards/etc. No fan of X is going to be totally honest about how they feel on the Official X Website, and said place tends to attract mostly trolls who post about how they hate it all or suck-up obsessives who love it all and base their lives around it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Was that seriously the big announcement he has been teasing?

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Love the months long tease for releasing this song. The lyrics already reference a long dead app and storefront. By the time it comes out, Big Cow lasagna will probably be dead.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Tato posted:

Love the months long tease for releasing this song. The lyrics already reference a long dead app and storefront. By the time it comes out, Big Cow lasagna will probably be dead.

There are enough big cow lasagnas through at least 4 more mascot changes

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Three boxes of lasagna then. Impressive.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

Frank Frank posted:

Was that seriously the big announcement he has been teasing?

You sound disappointed , but I don’t see you leaving him.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Duckman2008 posted:

You sound disappointed , but I don’t see you leaving him.

Well he refused to feed me so I dunno.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Leave the idiot entergager dude alone. It's safer for you because I seriously think Nathen will lose it one day in a manner than gets him a primetime spot on Court TV.

Is Court TV still a thing? Eh, you know what I'm saying.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Frank Frank posted:

Well he refused to feed me so I dunno.

This made me laugh out loud lol.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

He clearly did all of this for attention he craves, but even I didn’t think he’d reach the “just posting my cell number online” phase so quickly.

Don’t dare call it bless you’re ready to join the fight against the grocers.

wynott dunn
Aug 9, 2006

What is to be done?

Who or what can challenge, and stand a chance at beating, the corporate juggernauts dominating the world?
This is an extremely normal reaction

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

yr new gurlfrand! posted:

lmao

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

When I'm mad at Nickelodeon. Which, let me tell you, is a thing that happens frequently.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

Blurry Gray Thing posted:

When I'm mad at Nickelodeon. Which, let me tell you, is a thing that happens frequently.

Didn't they cause him to lose his status as the youngest Garfield franchisee or something?

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Cuz life sucks, kids. Get it while you can.

Aye. Franchisee you shall be... until there comes another, younger and more entergaging, to cast you down and take all that you hold dear.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Every thing I think Nathen can't top himself anymore, he does something like this.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Quick! Give this man your phone numbers!

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

I started to describe something elsewhere as "engaging" and found myself typing "entergaging" someone send help

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

sharknado slashfic posted:

I started to describe something elsewhere as "engaging" and found myself typing "entergaging" someone send help

If your phone starts auto-correcting to “entertaging” you are contractually obligated to open a GarfieldEATS franchise.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
I’m so fuckin’ mad at Nickelodeon right now :argh:

Agent Escalus
Oct 5, 2002

...maybe's one of those otherkin types and actually "identifies" as The Garf?

necroid
May 14, 2009

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

The Garfield license must be hanging on by a pre-Nickelodeon, PAWS Inc contractual thread. Can’t wait till it’s finally over and Nathen can spill the beans on how Jim Davis was corrupted.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.
Sometimes I feel like in bird watching Nathen Mazri's craziness we forget how bizarre it is to be obsessed with Garfield. Like it's a "cartoon" that isn't funny or interesting and is basically just a fat cat who thinks mean thoughts about his owner and other pets, likes lasagna (a food cat's wont eat afaik) and hates Mondays. Almost totally inexplicably it's been in newspapers for like what 30 or 40 years... yeah it's slightly older than I am. And somehow spawned tv shows and toys and movies...

But it's almost offensively bad.

And this failson of a rich guy is somehow obsessed with it, or at least pretended to be obsessed with it, so he could start a quick service entergaging pleasurant portmancatenation branding self-promotional journey with it.

Agent Escalus
Oct 5, 2002

Yeah, well, it's ye olde cliche: "You couldn't make this stuff up"

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

pseudanonymous posted:

Sometimes I feel like in bird watching Nathen Mazri's craziness we forget how bizarre it is to be obsessed with Garfield. Like it's a "cartoon" that isn't funny or interesting and is basically just a fat cat who thinks mean thoughts about his owner and other pets, likes lasagna (a food cat's wont eat afaik) and hates Mondays. Almost totally inexplicably it's been in newspapers for like what 30 or 40 years... yeah it's slightly older than I am. And somehow spawned tv shows and toys and movies...

Boomers.txt

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

Plenty of branding success stories. Filntstones vitamins still going strong and kids can’t possibly care about those characters. Andy Capp still beating his wife and making great hot fries. Nathen could have just gone easy and made Garfield snacks, just ripoff Cheetoh Paws.

But no. He had to go bigger. Like Icarus flying too high. Garfield pans. Special orange sauce. Reuse your dirty lasagna box to hold tissues. I’m glad he did it

Big City Drinkin
Oct 9, 2007

A very good

Fallen Rib
Nathen is AI. Nathen is a Turing test that *almost* passed.

I wonder how his neural net would process someone one year younger than him licensing Garfield for a product

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Big City Drinkin posted:

Nathen is AI. Nathen is a Turing test that *almost* passed.

I wonder how his neural net would process someone one year younger than him licensing Garfield for a product

while (projectNathen.age>=GarfFranchiseeList.GetYoungest().age)
{
projectNathen.age=projectNathen.age-1
}

wynott dunn
Aug 9, 2006

What is to be done?

Who or what can challenge, and stand a chance at beating, the corporate juggernauts dominating the world?

Frank Frank posted:

I’m so fuckin’ mad at Nickelodeon right now :argh:

better put an old cartoon character in a pretend jail until you feel better

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

I liked Garfield from the ages of like...6-10. It's perfectly bland and doesn't have a whole lot of complex adult concepts to grasp (other then drinking dog cum). Then I grew up, and now I like complex adult things like football and video games about dragons.

Weka
May 5, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 21 hours!

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Leave the idiot entergager dude alone. It's safer for you because I seriously think Nathen will lose it one day in a manner than gets him a primetime spot on Court TV.

Is Court TV still a thing? Eh, you know what I'm saying.

I think you're right. Nathen has already infected you with a disturbing amount of Canadian-ness.

pseudanonymous posted:

And this failson of a rich guy is somehow obsessed with it, or at least pretended to be obsessed with it, so he could start a quick service entergaging pleasurant portmancatenation branding self-promotional journey with it.

Garfield is a deep and searing commentary on the banality of existence. It is the blackest of black humor. Garfield the character is window into the world of others, mostly John, a window that allows us to see the ridiculousness and yet the value inherent in all life. I myself am somewhat of a Garficionado but I'm obviously a mere dabbler compared to Mazri, who interacts with the material on an emotional and deeply spiritual level far beyond anything I'm capable of.

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009
Woke up today just mad, really mad, at Nickelodeon.

I'm gonna go eat a lasagna so I won't be so mad.

Nice Guy Patron
Jun 29, 2015
Garfield's Special Orange Sauce

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009
I am worried about Scooby. I think when Scooby entered this relationship, he thought Garf and Nathen were broken up. He had no idea that Nathen would be so obsessed with his ex. I do not think Scooby is happy that Nathen is still seeing Garfield. I think he was pressured into this arrangement. Nathen made a big deal about Cartoon Polygamy, but now that Scooby's novelty has worn off, he keeps coming back to Garf.

https://twitter.com/nathenmazri/status/1378539416738746370

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Nathen should rock the Fred "sweater & ascot" look. I bet he could pull it off as well as he pulls off the garf-suits.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
I wonder why Nickelodeon doesn't want to give him the time of day...

Agent Escalus
Oct 5, 2002

...and yet WB does?

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
I mean he isn't putting Scooby Doo in Hotdog Bun Jail.... Yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

reignofevil posted:

I mean he isn't putting Scooby Doo in Hotdog Bun Jail.... Yet.

You fool, hotdog buns make terrible flimsy prison bars.

You have to use a fork.