Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Possible, but not guaranteed.

Which is why Shep currently has a giant teddy bear instead of a stove.

It's a work in progress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Time to hurl flamingoes at Flora until she gets back with her own kind dammit. Thanks folks.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
I think thats why Rosie has been so slow to give me her photo, I didnt want to mess up her house so I've been mainly just giving her clothes that she likes.

Edit: It's this site that shows you, although I guess you can forget that if they have the starter houses.
https://nookstop.ssmvc.org/house.html?id=wol03

track day bro! fucked around with this message at 15:26 on Apr 14, 2021

Quebec Bagnet
Apr 28, 2009

mess with the honk
you get the bonk
Lipstick Apathy

track day bro! posted:

I think thats why Rosie has been so slow to give me her photo, I didnt want to mess up her house so I've been mainly just giving her clothes that she likes.

Edit: It's this site that shows you, although I guess you can forget that if they have the starter houses.
https://nookstop.ssmvc.org/house.html?id=wol03

ImmQ_1/2/3 are the starter lazy/peppy/normal houses which do have some replaceable furniture. My Megan has been insistent on putting out the ice cream lamp I gifted her months ago in place of the waste bin.

Quebec Bagnet
Apr 28, 2009

mess with the honk
you get the bonk
Lipstick Apathy
I have Pashmina the snarky sisterly goat in boxes today. I can open up if anyone would like to claim her.

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

My fiancee is always looking for cat villagers so if you want to get rid of your cat villagers hit me up.

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.

W.T. Fits posted:

Thank you for this. Managed to grab the painting and a couple of items and recipes off the ground. Also picked up some stuff from the Able Sisters and bought some of your island's native fruit from the Nook twins.

Thanks for stopping by! I got so used to visitors already having all the fruit I didn't even think to mention that you could take some if you needed it. :v:

Picayune posted:

I have played every day since launch with no time travel or other shenanigans and I got the shovel about two weeks ago. So, uh, yeah.

I have played every day since launch and only tried time travel a couple of times on the same day to see if Redd would have anything new for me. Only fakes. :argh:

In other news, I have Ursala in boxes if anyone wants a sisterly pink bear. She was on Mau-Mau from day one, but it's finally time for her to seek a new home.

I discovered you can't move someone's house if they're in boxes getting ready to move out. Why not? What do they care as to where I'm putting their soon to be former home?

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
If anyone wants Dom, he'll be in boxes tomorrow (12 hours or so from now). He's lovely, I've loved having him around but he's been here for months and it's time.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
I started building an outdoor amphitheater today (I think Claudia and Huck are going to try to do some Shakespeare in the Park this summer) and learned I can only have 8 inclines on the island? That sucks. Now I have to figure out which ones aren't essential.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
Do you need to have a plot of land available to purchase in order to run into potential villagers while visiting deserted islands with Nook Tickets?

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

eating only apples posted:

If anyone wants Dom, he'll be in boxes tomorrow (12 hours or so from now). He's lovely, I've loved having him around but he's been here for months and it's time.

Dom is my forever homie and I'd recommend him to anyone.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

W.T. Fits posted:

Do you need to have a plot of land available to purchase in order to run into potential villagers while visiting deserted islands with Nook Tickets?
Yup.

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

The Cool Globe is in stock under Seasonal shopping in the Shopping app. This thing looks great.

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Opening Fiorina’s gates while I do some college work. Drop by and buy poo poo. I’ll be watching TV in my house basement if you wanna join me.

Celeste has just arrived! She’s milling around in B5!

Dodo: Closed

Poo In An Alleyway fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Apr 15, 2021

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Poo In An Alleyway posted:

The Cool Globe is in stock under Seasonal shopping in the Shopping app. This thing looks great.

I wish the shopping app would get one of those red dots over it whenever they add seasonal stuff, I always forget to check

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.
Can someone explain how with 402 villagers available I've seen Alfonso three times today touring NMT islands?

I've also seen about a dozen familiar faces from previous searches for new residents, but the same one three times?

Also encountered a former resident (Kidd) for the first time. It was awkward, we both pretended not to see each other.

The search continues....

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I feel like I see Pashmina on islands CONSTANTLY.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Since I have access to the amiibos, how can I get a campsite visitor ready for a friend who wants to visit my island so they can have the character move to their island?

topenga
Jul 1, 2003
Thafurock is CLOSED NOW. There's DIYs, some clothing items, and unassessed fossils near the left beach.
CJ is here as well.

(poorly sung to Broken Wings)
Please take these DIYs
And learn to craft a thing
Learn to craft new things
And when we hear
The town song sing
The store of Nook will open up
And let us in, yeah yeah

Dodo code
CLOSED

topenga fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Apr 15, 2021

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Since I have access to the amiibos, how can I get a campsite visitor ready for a friend who wants to visit my island so they can have the character move to their island?

I don't think this is possible - at least, it isn't with regular campsite visitors. You could move them to your island and then pass them to your friend when you kick them out.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

You can't invite anyone from someone else's campsite. You'd have to move the amiibo visitor in and wait for them to move out in the normal way (or replace them with another amiibo)

e; f, b

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

You're entering a realm which is unusual. Maybe it's magic, or contains some kind of monster... The second one. Prepare to enter The Scary Door.
Nap Ghost
I though Gulliver and Gullivarrr came on alternating weeks, was not expecting to see a washed up pirate bird two days after digging for computer parts.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Black Robe posted:

You can't invite anyone from someone else's campsite. You'd have to move the amiibo visitor in and wait for them to move out in the normal way (or replace them with another amiibo)

e; f, b

Ahhhhhh ok. That makes more sense.

Quebec Bagnet
Apr 28, 2009

mess with the honk
you get the bonk
Lipstick Apathy
I have an open plot today. Can I invite an Amiibo visitor and have them move in today or do I still need to invite them for 3 days?

InsensitiveSeaBass posted:

I though Gulliver and Gullivarrr came on alternating weeks, was not expecting to see a washed up pirate bird two days after digging for computer parts.

They won't come on consecutive days, otherwise the normal visitor schedule applies to them.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

chmods please posted:

I have an open plot today. Can I invite an Amiibo visitor and have them move in today or do I still need to invite them for 3 days?

You have to invite them 3 times.

Quebec Bagnet
Apr 28, 2009

mess with the honk
you get the bonk
Lipstick Apathy

IUG posted:

You have to invite them 3 times.

It just occurred to me that the three times lines up with starting the process on the day I say yes to moving out, because today would be the third invitation :doh: I'm assuming the game doesn't keep the plot empty if I start today. Oh well.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

chmods please posted:

It just occurred to me that the three times lines up with starting the process on the day I say yes to moving out, because today would be the third invitation :doh: I'm assuming the game doesn't keep the plot empty if I start today. Oh well.

No, it won't, if you don't grab someone from an island today Nook will sell the plot tomorrow.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Uniqlo Japan is doing both a ACNH merchandise run and also a 'UNIQLO島' (Uniqlo Island) in-game from April 29.

time to go look and see if I can get another DAL bag then I suppose.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Yes, Shep, the stove I just gave you does look familiar. It's the one you got rid of for the teddy bear and then gave to me. I'm going to keep giving it back to you until you put it back in your drat house.

I've really been procrastinating working on the island recently. The last big project is to carpet-bomb the whole place with mannequins, break all my rocks and time travel a bunch to get them all spawned where I want them... and I just can't be bothered.

PacoTheThird
Oct 23, 2008
I've got Wolfgang in boxes today if anybody wants him. I enjoyed having him on my island but whenever someone asks to go I try to let them.

Prowler
May 24, 2004

SilentChaz posted:

Can someone explain how with 402 villagers available I've seen Alfonso three times today touring NMT islands?

I've also seen about a dozen familiar faces from previous searches for new residents, but the same one three times?

Also encountered a former resident (Kidd) for the first time. It was awkward, we both pretended not to see each other.

The search continues....

It isn't true random. It first chooses a species, then it chooses the person. I assume this weighs things in favor of seeing more octopuses, and my experience bears that out (I'm looking at you, Octavian).

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

Black Robe posted:

Yes, Shep, the stove I just gave you does look familiar. It's the one you got rid of for the teddy bear and then gave to me. I'm going to keep giving it back to you until you put it back in your drat house.

I've really been procrastinating working on the island recently. The last big project is to carpet-bomb the whole place with mannequins, break all my rocks and time travel a bunch to get them all spawned where I want them... and I just can't be bothered.

It might be helpful to give him a different stove. Villagers keep track of individual items/clothing that have been gifted to them. They will react to you giving them items that they gave to you in the past.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

The scifi wall is *awesome*. The stars outside rotate past and the lights blink. Gettin my Trek on.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Yeah some of the moving walls are absolutely great. I like the Laboratory Wall as well, but the Sci-Fi Wall crushes it.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Wow, everyone's really sleepy today, I had to wake several of them up - had to wake Wolfgang three times, dude just dropped off again the second he was done talking about my waking him :v:

effika
Jun 19, 2005
Birds do not want you to know any more than you already do.
I tried the wrapped fossil thing, and I think the trick is to only use one-piece fossils like amber, trilobite, etc and not stuff like "left T-Rex torso". Nabbed a photo quite quickly that way!

Also everyone on my island is calling me Muffin. I didn't mind so much when Aurora did it, but it's kind of creepy now.

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Come on over for Pietro’s party! Fiorina’s gates are open ALL DAY for Pietro’s birthday celebrations!

The world’s cutest clown loves him some gorgeous, simple, red and colourful gifts, but if you didn’t think to buy him something awesome ahead of time (tut tut), then that’s okay cuz there’s some gift-wrapped fruit outside his house that you can give him.

Aside from the party, everything’s up for grabs in Nooks. I do love me some bulletin board messages and drawings so go nuts on that front.

Dodo: Closed

Poo In An Alleyway fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Apr 19, 2021

Humerus
Jul 7, 2009

Rule of acquisition #111:
Treat people in your debt like family...exploit them.

Against my better judgement, I'm making a rock garden. I don't normally time travel but I feel like it'll take weeks if I don't and I'm not really looking forward to having these mannequins around that long. Anyway if I break all six rocks and time travel forward six days will all the new rocks spawn or do I have to visit my island each day?

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

https://twitter.com/OfSavita/status/1384136463659327491

I've got my favorite villager in boxes. I love Rolf alot but I've had him in both New Horizons and New Leaf for a super long time. Someone please adopt him he's great.

Coincidently I had a random campsite visitor who picked Rolf even though he was already in boxes.

https://twitter.com/OfSavita/status/1384137626899271687

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

harperdc posted:

Uniqlo Japan is doing both a ACNH merchandise run and also a 'UNIQLO島' (Uniqlo Island) in-game from April 29.

time to go look and see if I can get another DAL bag then I suppose.

Here's the US link:

https://www.uniqlo.com/us/en/ut-graphic-tees/animal-crossing

I want some shirts...