Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dross
Sep 26, 2006

Every night he puts his hot dogs in the trees so the pigeons can't get them.

JollyBoyJohn posted:

Literally the best thing about being a bloke is having a number 2 all over every 3 months. That's the most thought i ever want to give to hair

3 months? My hair would be a cloud around my head in that time frame.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Dross posted:

3 months? My hair would be a cloud around my head in that time frame.

Exactly so you'll really appreciate when its off your head and on the barber's floor!

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

more men should have longer hair. short trimmed hair usually just looks really boring and most men's faces are too soft for such a "tough guy" look, same with beards

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
Long hair is nice but a real arse to maintain.

More unpopular opinions:

Therapy as a blanket request/requirement has the same level of help for some people as the "right to jail" gif. Therapy is a process and a thing that is truly weird to go through, and a lot of the time it just doesn't work right for some people.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Shibawanko posted:

i dont get the premise of macaroni and cheese. it doesn't exist outside of anglo countries and for good reason because why would you make macaroni with just a bunch of cheese. doesn't make sense

It's a cheap and quick meal, basically.

(And also bad)

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

Josef bugman posted:

Long hair is nice but a real arse to maintain.

More unpopular opinions:

Therapy as a blanket request/requirement has the same level of help for some people as the "right to jail" gif. Therapy is a process and a thing that is truly weird to go through, and a lot of the time it just doesn't work right for some people.

There is something insidious about "go to therapy" becoming a universal piece of advice when most people would get a greater improvement to their mental health if they just had IRL friends and a sense of stability in their lives.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Shibawanko posted:

i dont get the premise of macaroni and cheese. it doesn't exist outside of anglo countries and for good reason because why would you make macaroni with just a bunch of cheese. doesn't make sense

It's quick and easy to make and is a good side, snack, or comfort food.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
Whether it is structured therapy or medication or any of those weird holistic things, I am all for whatever any single person needs in order to become normal and thus acceptable.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
People who call macaroni cheese comfort food are weird. Ice cream is comfort food. Chocolate brownies are comfort food. Calling mac and cheese comfort food is like calling spaghetti Bolognese comfort food. Its just food

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

It's a comfortable food.

Like mushroom risotto.

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

why not just cook some pasta, throw in some pesto olives capers pine nuts and rocket leaves and have something better with the same amount of effort

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
Because it requires more effort, money

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Shibawanko posted:

why not just cook some pasta, throw in some pesto olives capers pine nuts and rocket leaves and have something better with the same amount of effort

Because that's a different kind of dish, and because sometimes I want melty cheese.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
I think people who didn't eat a lot of mac and cheese as a kid will never understand why people who did like it so much. I know I didn't, and it baffles me how much those freaks love a plate of the cheapest noodles possible slathered in liquid cheese product.

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
It's pasta with a sauce, this time a cheese sauce. It's not complicated or a mystery why people like it

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

it's some wet rear end pussy, op

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

People who take convenience foods to task for not being as high-quality as meals that require time, effort, ingredients that aren't industrial by-products, etc. by and large have missed the point of convenience foods.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Shibawanko posted:

Most people are not so cultured as to enjoy olives the way we do

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

docbeard posted:

People who take convenience foods to task for not being as high-quality as meals that require time, effort, ingredients that aren't industrial by-products, etc. by and large have missed the point of convenience foods.

It is simply too cheesy.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Gripweed posted:

It is simply too cheesy.

My roommate sometimes uses the cheez powder packets from mac and cheese as a popcorn topping, which seems like the correct use for it.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
And while I'm at it, sweet tea is simply too sweet.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Collapsing Farts posted:

It's pasta with a sauce, this time a cheese sauce. It's not complicated or a mystery why people like it

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Fizzy drinks in general aren't that nice.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Mac and cheese is peasant food and therefore does not belong on the menus of civilized men. Why make something cheap and quick that will feed a family of four for mere dollars when you could make hangar steaks with sautéed broccoli rabe?

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

there are many things that are cheap but still good

Badactura
Feb 14, 2019

My wish lives in the future.
Spaghetti is bad. So is the red sauce traditionally used on spaghetti. I think the general popularity of that is more confusing then the popularity of mac and cheese

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Badactura posted:

Spaghetti is bad. So is the red sauce traditionally used on spaghetti. I think the general popularity of that is more confusing then the popularity of mac and cheese

Do you mean tomato and basil or is there some other sort of sauce your referring to?

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

Pro tip do not disparage mac and cheese to the american black community

Mac and cheese is good but I can see how someone who thinks it's just cheese and noodles would think it's bad

Badactura
Feb 14, 2019

Josef bugman posted:

Do you mean tomato and basil or is there some other sort of sauce your referring to?

I mean tomato and basil but this could also apply to a meat sauce that used tomatoes but didn't have the basil

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦

Badactura posted:

Spaghetti is bad. ... I think the general popularity of that is more confusing then the popularity of mac and cheese

It's pasta. All pasta is more or less the same. Rarely eat it myself but "bad" seems like a step too far.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

doverhog posted:

It's pasta. All pasta is more or less the same. Rarely eat it myself but "bad" seems like a step too far.

It's this. Everyone acts like the very American-Italian pasta-heavy dishes are this amazing cuisine when they're basically all just noodles and sauce/meat in various combinations. Lasagna is tasty sure, but it's only superficially different from spaghetti bolognase in that it has some extra cheese and the noodles are a shaped a little different.

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

the difference between good and bad pasta is huge and pasta thats even slightly overcooked tastes terrible. its the same as with bread where good and lovely bread are a world of difference

Badactura
Feb 14, 2019

doverhog posted:

I disagree, I find the texture and flavor of spaghetti w tomato basil sauce (thanks Josef) to be uniquely unpleasant compared to most other pasta dishes. I also don't eat a lot of pasta but there are some pasta dishes I like a lot.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Every cuisine is just different sauces.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

That's why I absolutely love seeing those tweets about Italians being mad about food on the internet.

They are extremely fiercely protective of their peasant food that's made exactly the same as the village five miles down the road but if you tell them that they absolutely blow up and explain that it's actually completely different.

That said it's all delicious.

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

de cecco is usually good. barilla isnt great but at least its super cheap and doesnt taste bad. other ones in the supermarket in my country anyway taste really bad and mealy. its nonsense that all pasta is the same

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Badactura posted:

thats not in the slightest bit confusing, are you also confused that people enjoy cheese on toast

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I like, don't understand you knoooow

Gag me with a spoon, I'm sure

Like, totally

Badactura
Feb 14, 2019

JollyBoyJohn posted:

thats not in the slightest bit confusing, are you also confused that people enjoy cheese on toast

No, cheese on toast sounds good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
It’s the same thing