Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

SlapActionJackson posted:

Anybody seen backpanther recently?

I think he's sadly passed away

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance

Krakkles posted:

(it was backpanther. He had a panther tattoo.)

oh damnit, my forums lore is only half-remembered

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

The ending is so, so good.

https://twitter.com/cheembeam/status/1381669042772193283?s=20

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

I choose to believe that was not staged, and therefore hilarious.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

With the number of parking sensors and cameras on cars these days, that has got to be staged

VideoGameVet
May 14, 2005

It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion. It is by the juice of Java that pedaling acquires speed, the teeth acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion.

StormDrain posted:

Most certainly the driver is going to lose his license.

... now he can't drive.

VideoGameVet
May 14, 2005

It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion. It is by the juice of Java that pedaling acquires speed, the teeth acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion.

Family business was parking garages (starting in the 1920's). I have skills.

Maybe I should just parallel park people's cars for cash?

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
https://twitter.com/wesh/status/1382449010162737161?s=21

televiper
Feb 12, 2007

Do drawbridges not come with big red CANCEL buttons for times like this?

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG

It's reckless, but I think we all still wanted (or still want) to do it at one point in our lives. :allears:

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
loving AWESOME IDEA more like, fuckin nerd WESH 2 News

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

That windshield got fuuuuucked

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Protocol7 posted:

It's reckless, but I think we all still wanted (or still want) to do it at one point in our lives. :allears:

I played a ton of Road Rash 2 in my youth and every time I see a flatdeck truck with a ramp, or a tipped-down flatdeck trailer, there's a little fight in my brain

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
well that's barely what i'd call a jump

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

televiper posted:

Do drawbridges not come with big red CANCEL buttons for times like this?
Those things are heavy, I can't imagine there's much that can be safely done at that point - you could STOP moving, which, I'd bet there's a control for, if someone is actually watching it - but you couldn't drop the bridge back into a level / deployed position.

VideoGameVet posted:

Family business was parking garages (starting in the 1920's). I have skills.

Maybe I should just parallel park people's cars for cash?
If you did that without touching either vehicle, I'm impressed.

Entropist
Dec 1, 2007
I'm very stupid.
Ooh, is it time for the bumpers discussion again? They're called bumpers for a reason! etc. etc.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

prom candy posted:

well that's barely what i'd call a jump

Agree, that's barely a speed hump. No real gap between the bridge parts

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

Counterpoint: all four wheels came off the ground at the same time. Most cars never see that kind of action.

VideoGameVet
May 14, 2005

Krakkles posted:

Those things are heavy, I can't imagine there's much that can be safely done at that point - you could STOP moving, which, I'd bet there's a control for, if someone is actually watching it - but you couldn't drop the bridge back into a level / deployed position.

Yeah, if you look you’ll see my front bumper is under the rear bumper of the vehicle in front.

Why did I do this?

Sales meeting in San Diego Little Italy, only possible space in the area.

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

We have Drive to Survive at home

Safety Dance posted:

Counterpoint: all four wheels came off the ground at the same time. Most cars never see that kind of action.

Yeah credit where credit is due. Though, I'd say the driver caught air while driving over the raising draw bridge, not jumped the draw bridge. But I get it, a headline is supposed to be short, sweet and grab you.

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
It's technically a jump but just barely

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
That's more of a jump than any of you losers ever managed

Krakkles posted:

That's definitely not possible. I've done some tight parki pg with a car way too big for tight city streets but you still need a decent margin.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

mobby_6kl posted:

That's a bold statement

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

mobby_6kl posted:

Was hooning around out on country dirt roads with my cousin in his 88 Fiero, and he took a railroad crossing like this at about 60mph.

We were airborne for what felt like 20 feet, came down on the nose of the car, and shattered almost the entire fiberglass front end. Totally worth it though.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

wow you got like three feet of air that time

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

Car's got pickup.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.
Back in high school a friend was hooning around in his dad’s SHO and went over a little bridge over a stream too fast. Got enough air that when he came down he broke an engine mount and cracked the oil pan. He managed to get it home and into the garage without dad noticing but the subterfuge did not last.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

ChickenOfTomorrow posted:

Car's got pickup.

It's got a cop motor.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

I've never gotten a truck up off the ground, but I have sent a trailer flying. There used to be some incredibly rough spots down Waters Ave., heading towards Nevraska Ave., in Tampa, and I wasn't used to avoiding them yet. Beat to hell 2008 Silverado towing the worst piece of poo poo 14ft.x7.5 ft. two axle tailer. The truck bottomed out and I saw, in the mirror, the trailer fly up into the air and start to turn sideways. I think accelerating out of it worked ok. Didn't break the trailer, but I had to spend twenty minutes re-stacking everything and separating out crushed product. gently caress everything about everything on that route.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

carry on then posted:

wow you got like three feet of air that time

I have to ask because I can't fully remember but is that a Napoleon Dynamite quote?

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Olympic Mathlete posted:

I have to ask because I can't fully remember but is that a Napoleon Dynamite quote?

Yeah it's this one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1fVvGRlFoE

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

mobby_6kl posted:

I caught air backwards, beat that!

I hydroplaned in heavy rain going like 50mph, spun 180*, then went backwards over the on-ramp of a cloverleaf interchange, caught air, and crashed through a yield sign. Those fuckers are much larger when you stand right next to one. That crash tore up the rear suspension / linkage so the body was resting on the wheel and shredded tire.

Ahh, to be 19 and young and stupid again. Now I'm just stupid.

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

i initially assumed it was a distracted or new driver. admittedly the amount of time between hitting the gate and jumping the bridge before taillights come on could be intentional. but it all looks way more I was looking at my phone oops hit the brakes to me

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Complete clusterfuck :allears:

https://twitter.com/kristen_rabbott/status/1385771535302987777?s=20

MrOnBicycle
Jan 18, 2008
Wait wat?

.... aaaaaand of course it ends that way... jesus.

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005
I was watching this with my wife and when the (poop?) water starts raining down we just lost it laughing.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

Sprinkler system water is always gross for a little bit when it first starts flowing.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

I was really hoping it was poo poo, then was extremely disappointed when it cleared up

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

I've never smelled rotten sprinkler water but apparently it's even worse than poo poo, it's just raw sewage and death.

This is a picture of sprinkler water that was released after being stagnant for ~15 years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sleepy.eyes
Sep 14, 2007

Like a pig in a chute.
Today it was me. Stoped at a sign, saw another car not slowing down and stabbed the brakes. I was pretty annoyed but I'm used to fuckers running stop signs. Only it turns out it wasn't a 4-way. Thank gently caress I'm about the only person in this town who -stops- or I would have been hosed and 100% at fault.

And here I was getting sort of haughty about following nthe rules of the road...