Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

They kinda did this already in Spock's Brain

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

I always thought Tucker & Dale vs Evil was the better horror comedy anyway

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

I watched the big short it's a shame that film got. Completely annihilated by scorcese

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

https://ejeca.bandcamp.com/album/ejeca-hardcore-rave-mixtape-001

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Miss Lonelyhearts posted:

A Scanner Darkly is a pretty loving good adaptation, it's very close to the novel ie extremely paranoid. Downey Jr. and Harrelson are A+ and Keanu's wooden acting is perfect for the role just like January Jones in Mad Men. iirc Dick originally wrote it about his real friends but his publisher made him add a bunch of sci-fi for sales.

sorry it’s cancelled for “platforming” Alex Jones

Aglet56
Sep 1, 2011
it is a little funny that alex jones plays a parody of himself in A Scanner Darkly. did he used to be more self aware?

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Aglet56 posted:

it is a little funny that alex jones plays a parody of himself in A Scanner Darkly. did he used to be more self aware?

Scanner is pre-Obama Derangement Syndrome and Alex wasn't always so right wing as he is now. he tacked right because it made him money.

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

i can never watch a scanner darkly because it looks too much like waking life, the movie equivalent of listening to someone talk about their boring rear end dreams for 2 hours

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
https://twitter.com/insufficentfund/status/1384276615492825096?s=19

The Scorsese cinematic universe is adding the British knockoff chris pratt.

I hope this is not a cgi fest like the Irishman. I enjoy practical effects and stunts.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Chris Fat

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

babypolis posted:

i can never watch a scanner darkly because it looks too much like waking life, the movie equivalent of listening to someone talk about their boring rear end dreams for 2 hours

its not the movie equivalent of listening to someone talk about their boring rear end dreams for 2 hours its literally listening to someone talk about their boring rear end dreams for 2 hours

aside from the art style the only bit of that movie i remember is where the guy says light switches dont work in dreams and then dun dun dun the light switch doesnt work when the other guy tries to use it

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

KomradeX posted:

I always thought Tucker & Dale vs Evil was the better horror comedy anyway

Tucker and Dale vs. Evil was good

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

Mr Hootington posted:

I hope this is not a cgi fest like the Irishman. I enjoy practical effects and stunts.

Scorsese needs to accept that his usual crew of actors are old as hell or get new talent.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
still laughing at ellis's dumb expression in the thumbnail to hear video. i will never watch it

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.
I will never watch an Ellis video. Or a video of people talking about Ellis because they probably suck in their own way.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
movie bob, WHO IS FAT,

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
https://i.imgur.com/srU6jS8.mp4

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPg7QgkRR9Q

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

Mr Hootington posted:

lmao james corden???? scorsese has gone truly senile

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

gonna trust marty on this, who is going through a late career streak probably unmatched by any other director

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://mobile.twitter.com/patcaldwell/status/1384169396076118029

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

gonna trust marty on this, who is going through a late career streak probably unmatched by any other director

"Martin can do no wrong!!!"

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Really glad I found a james gandolfini soy face

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

https://twitter.com/slashfilm/status/1384273641496453127

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

Son and Knight would have been good enough. Otherwise it sounds childish.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

rosy? they live in their loving cars

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

indigi posted:

rosy? they live in their loving cars
There's no piss bottles or anything

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

Man the DC animated movies are crappy. Maybe Bruce timm was better off with all the constraints back on batman tas and justice league

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

:hmmyes:

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

The United States posted:

There's no piss bottles or anything

if you live in a car I think piss bottles are understood

e: oh you mean specifically while they’re at work. well. idk, I’m having a hard time squaring the circle of a story of people only making enough that they have to live in their loving cars as being in any way “rosy”

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

This would have been amazing. They shouldn’t have stopped him.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
mods please rename me either Son of Sun or Knight of Night

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
it's funny how in this kong vs Godzilla movie they make it clear to you that the USAF dude in the f-22 definitely ejected before his plane got demolished. like it's a whole 2-3 second shot of him ejecting and then his chute deploying.

I wonder if there's a scene where they show him drowning that got cut.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
oh wait no I bet he got hosed yo by all of those depth charges that got launched like a minute later.

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

poo poo POST MALONE posted:

it's funny how in this kong vs Godzilla movie they make it clear to you that the USAF dude in the f-22 definitely ejected before his plane got demolished. like it's a whole 2-3 second shot of him ejecting and then his chute deploying.

It's like one of the Dragon Ball Z movies where they added a line of a character saying they can see the parachutes of some pilots that got straight up exploded for some silly attempt of toning down violence.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

poo poo POST MALONE posted:

on that note, Man of Steel does this whole thing where Superman and Zod fighting inside a city causes mass civilian casualties

and then Batman v Superman does this whole 9/11-type thing where that incident is held up as proof of why Superman is too dangerous to exist

and then in the final fight with Doomsday, there's a ton of plot contrivances to try to make it absolutely clear to the audience that no such casualties are happening again

like, that last part hits weird because they say something like "they're blowing up downtown, but that's okay because it's the end of the working day and there's barely anyone in that part of town"... which is not going to be true for any kind of bustling city where a night shift exists

I often try not to nitpick movies anymore but it sticks out because they make it so important, and then withdraw it just as conspicuously

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

this definitely harkens back to one of the superhero "learn to read" books my kid has.

there's a scene where lex luthor just destroys a bunch of buildings and then a panel of text explaining how it was OKAY because nobody was in them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aglet56
Sep 1, 2011

gradenko_2000 posted:

on that note, Man of Steel does this whole thing where Superman and Zod fighting inside a city causes mass civilian casualties

and then Batman v Superman does this whole 9/11-type thing where that incident is held up as proof of why Superman is too dangerous to exist

and then in the final fight with Doomsday, there's a ton of plot contrivances to try to make it absolutely clear to the audience that no such casualties are happening again

like, that last part hits weird because they say something like "they're blowing up downtown, but that's okay because it's the end of the working day and there's barely anyone in that part of town"... which is not going to be true for any kind of bustling city where a night shift exists

I often try not to nitpick movies anymore but it sticks out because they make it so important, and then withdraw it just as conspicuously