Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will/did you start SaGa Frontier Remastered with?
Riki
Blue
Red
T260g
Emilia
Asellus
Lute
Fuse
View Results

CaptainRat
Apr 18, 2003

It seems the secret to your success is a combination of boundless energy and enthusiastic insolence...
Asellus down, I missed the alternate methods of escaping Fascinaturu but I also did the half-mystic ending since I don't think I've seen that one before, so I may come back to see how those go. Final party was Asellus, Rouge, Fuse, Amelia, Ildon, I forgot about Mesarthim until it was so late that I didn't feel like grinding her up and for some reason mystics remain somewhat impenetrable to me. I did at least get used to how to optimize them with Ildon so on a replay I may do a full mystic party.

On to Blue, the first character I ever played back when the first game came out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Mystics are basically a halfway point between humans and monsters, but are much simpler than monsters (and not nearly as reliant on RNG).

Basically, mystics have three slots for monster abilities: Faeblade, Mystic Gloves, and Mystic Boots. Absorbing a monster into any one of those gives you an ability and bonus stats. This is the only way mystics can increase their stats except for HP, WP, JP, and Charisma, which increase after battle just like for humans. Absorbing a different monster replaces the ability and the stat bonus of the one you had before. You're basically "equipping" a monster in that slot. If you know which monsters are useful to absorb, it's pretty easy to get really powerful mystics.

In other words, mystics are kinda like Blue Mages from Final Fantasy, just with a limited number of monster skill slots.

Asellus is special because she's a half-mystic. Normally, she works just like a human, but if you use her Faeblade, Mystic Gloves, or Mystic Boots, she switches to mystic mode for the rest of the battle. She can only absorb monsters and use monster abilities while in mystic mode, but she also plays by all the other mystic rules for the rest of the battle (most of her stats can't go up after that battle, she can't glimmer techs, etc.). The reason she's so strong is that, when she's in mystic mode, her bonus stats from absorbed monsters are added on top of her human stats, so it's really easy for her to functionally max out her stats.

Harrow fucked around with this message at 15:20 on Apr 19, 2021

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

ChrisBTY posted:

Crap. Have hit a bit of a wall with Asellus. The only places I can seem to go where Lion isn't waiting to kill me is The Bio Lab and The IRPO tarot card quest. And Suzaku kills me in that quest. Guess I'm grinding in the lab

Dang. Now I'm glad I've been walking in circles around my house, instead of continuing the story. :v:

Edit:

Is there a source of gold? That dude in Nelson is kind of pricy, and the easiest Arcane-quest so far is a bunch of gnomes demanding gold. Would be nice if I wouldn't need to buy it. (I've done the junkjard-trick to gain some money, but since sell prices are so atrocious, and I have to pay the lizards, it's slow. Also I then immediately spend all my money on buying Arcane-spells for Asellus, to grind her JP up. Now I'm broke again.)

I guess I could go to Wataru for the other card first... (And yeah, Suzaku killed me dead, too. And next time I go there, I apparently need both anti-heat and anti-cold gear, because there's a bonus character I can recruit if I beat some kind of hidden ice monster first.)

Kind of funny, if I only had money, I could immediately beat two out of four Arcane-quests (as I can easily beat Suzaku and Ice Monster if I just had the necessary protective gear, and the other quest just wants gold).

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus

Libluini posted:

Is there a source of gold? That dude in Nelson is kind of pricy

The only way to get gold is to buy it. If you don’t have any, the guy in Koorong is cheaper for your first 4 bars. (His prices change depending on how much gold you have, the guy in Nelson always sells for 500)

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Libluini posted:

Is there a source of gold? That dude in Nelson is kind of pricy, and the easiest Arcane-quest so far is a bunch of gnomes demanding gold. Would be nice if I wouldn't need to buy it. (I've done the junkjard-trick to gain some money, but since sell prices are so atrocious, and I have to pay the lizards, it's slow. Also I then immediately spend all my money on buying Arcane-spells for Asellus, to grind her JP up. Now I'm broke again.)

I guess I could go to Wataru for the other card first... (And yeah, Suzaku killed me dead, too. And next time I go there, I apparently need both anti-heat and anti-cold gear, because there's a bonus character I can recruit if I beat some kind of hidden ice monster first.)

Kind of funny, if I only had money, I could immediately beat two out of four Arcane-quests (as I can easily beat Suzaku and Ice Monster if I just had the necessary protective gear, and the other quest just wants gold).

The only way to get gold is to buy Gold Ingots either in Nelson or Koorong.

That said, it sounds like you're maybe doing the Junk Shop trick wrong. You only have to pay once so long as you don't leave the shop and come back. It works like this:

1. Pay once to enter "buying" mode. Go grab your three items.
2. Talk to the lizards again and select Sell. Highlight Hyperion and press confirm twice.
3. Walk right back into the area where you pick up items and you can now pick up 7 items without paying again.
4. Sell any Repair Kits you find for extra credits and to raise your Junk Shop rank so you get better items later.
5. Take any Zweihanders or Hi-Freq. Swords you get and sell them at Nakajima Robotics in Shrike.

Now, if you want the real money, you do Takanomics. This was considered a glitch in the original version but there were rumors it was left in intentionally. In the remaster, it's not even a trick anymore--you no longer have to do any menu manipulation or anything like that--so as far as I'm concerned it is now an officially legitimate part of the game. You'll need at least 7500 credits to get started.

1. Go to Nelson and buy as many Gold Ingots as you have credits for. Again, you'll need at least 7500 credits for this to start working. Any less and you won't turn a profit.
2. Go to Koorong and sell all your Gold Ingots. You will make a tidy profit.
3. Repeat until you have all the credits you could ever want.

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.

It looks like Annie is pretty good at learning the DSC too. Gonna make Emilia's team into a bunch of Suplex Goddesses.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Harrow posted:

The only way to get gold is to buy Gold Ingots either in Nelson or Koorong.

That said, it sounds like you're maybe doing the Junk Shop trick wrong. You only have to pay once so long as you don't leave the shop and come back. It works like this:

1. Pay once to enter "buying" mode. Go grab your three items.
2. Talk to the lizards again and select Sell. Highlight Hyperion and press confirm twice.
3. Walk right back into the area where you pick up items and you can now pick up 7 items without paying again.
4. Sell any Repair Kits you find for extra credits and to raise your Junk Shop rank so you get better items later.
5. Take any Zweihanders or Hi-Freq. Swords you get and sell them at Nakajima Robotics in Shrike.

Now, if you want the real money, you do Takanomics. This was considered a glitch in the original version but there were rumors it was left in intentionally. In the remaster, it's not even a trick anymore--you no longer have to do any menu manipulation or anything like that--so as far as I'm concerned it is now an officially legitimate part of the game. You'll need at least 7500 credits to get started.

1. Go to Nelson and buy as many Gold Ingots as you have credits for. Again, you'll need at least 7500 credits for this to start working. Any less and you won't turn a profit.
2. Go to Koorong and sell all your Gold Ingots. You will make a tidy profit.
3. Repeat until you have all the credits you could ever want.

Oh no, I'm not doing it wrong. Just not long enough to raise my "rank" yet apparently. (I'm guessing, since I can't see a rank display anywhere.) I'm assuming it takes awhile to raise that rank. I've been selling Kukris and Repair Kits mostly. And upgrading some equipment when better stuff dropped.

Also I love how every source on the internet has another opinion on how much credits are needed to do the gold ingot trick. I've seen ranges between 7500-15000 credits. :allears:

Too bad I need at least 7500 credits for the trick, so it's not an option for me right now.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

In the remaster I’ve done it with like 3500 gold. Buy gold in Koorong until the price is 480, go buy what you can in Nelson, sell in Koorong until the price of 480, go buy in Nelson, repeat. You have to do it a few time, selling more each time, until you are buying and selling gold in 44 bar batches.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Libluini posted:

Oh no, I'm not doing it wrong. Just not long enough to raise my "rank" yet apparently. (I'm guessing, since I can't see a rank display anywhere.) I'm assuming it takes awhile to raise that rank. I've been selling Kukris and Repair Kits mostly. And upgrading some equipment when better stuff dropped.

Oh okay. Your rank isn't displayed anywhere but if you're finding Hi-Freq. Swords and Cyber Suits, you're at max rank. It takes like 30-40 sold Repair Kits to get there in my experience.

Ethiser posted:

In the remaster I’ve done it with like 3500 gold. Buy gold in Koorong until the price is 480, go buy what you can in Nelson, sell in Koorong until the price of 480, go buy in Nelson, repeat. You have to do it a few time, selling more each time, until you are buying and selling gold in 44 bar batches.

Nice. Yeah, the 15000 credit number is over the mark. 7500 was the minimum in the original. I'll try it with 3500 on this Lute playthrough I just started and see if I can make it work.

Once you have at least 7500 credits you don't even have to think about it anymore to make a profit, you just buy and sell the maximum amount of gold each time and you're set.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Harrow posted:

Oh okay. Your rank isn't displayed anywhere but if you're finding Hi-Freq. Swords and Cyber Suits, you're at max rank. It takes like 30-40 sold Repair Kits to get there in my experience.

The poo poo? Wow, looks I just stopped right before reaching max rank (I've sold 32 so far) :v:

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
There’s no reason to ever sell your last 5 or so gold bars in the remaster. You lose money selling and rebuying them, so it just makes it harder to turn a profit and do an infinite loop.

On a similar note, it’s better to buy your first 4 bars from the guy in Koorong instead of Nelson, you save 1000g that way.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Harrow posted:

Mystics are basically a halfway point between humans and monsters, but are much simpler than monsters (and not nearly as reliant on RNG).

Basically, mystics have three slots for monster abilities: Faeblade, Mystic Gloves, and Mystic Boots. Absorbing a monster into any one of those gives you an ability and bonus stats. This is the only way mystics can increase their stats except for HP, WP, JP, and Charisma, which increase after battle just like for humans. Absorbing a different monster replaces the ability and the stat bonus of the one you had before. You're basically "equipping" a monster in that slot. If you know which monsters are useful to absorb, it's pretty easy to get really powerful mystics.

In other words, mystics are kinda like Blue Mages from Final Fantasy, just with a limited number of monster skill slots.

Asellus is special because she's a half-mystic. Normally, she works just like a human, but if you use her Faeblade, Mystic Gloves, or Mystic Boots, she switches to mystic mode for the rest of the battle. She can only absorb monsters and use monster abilities while in mystic mode, but she also plays by all the other mystic rules for the rest of the battle (most of her stats can't go up after that battle, she can't glimmer techs, etc.). The reason she's so strong is that, when she's in mystic mode, her bonus stats from absorbed monsters are added on top of her human stats, so it's really easy for her to functionally max out her stats.

Asellus also gets access to one of the best absorbs in the game (Griffon) though it's not like she needs it since she gets so absurdly powerful through regular gameplay with the occasional absorbing of useful stat monsters (or just grab 3x suzaku for +60 to all stats except charisma).

Harrow posted:

The trick in the original game also made you cap out around 55-60k credits because of how it worked. The fixed version in the remake just lets you build up as many credits as you want, not that you realistically need more than 40-50k unless you want to run a bunch of mechs with hyper blasters, null swords, and combat suits/warlord armors.

dude789 posted:

It looks like Annie is pretty good at learning the DSC too. Gonna make Emilia's team into a bunch of Suplex Goddesses.

IIRC, the ultimate damage skill in SaGa Frontier is rebounding shot, because it not only hits harder with higher stats but also hits more times which effectively multiplies the damage and with 99 in your stats I think it hits for solid 5-digit damage and more consistently than DSC (and rebounding shot can combo).

Emilia with guns is perfectly fine though. Dual guns + quick draw and a pair of lethal dragoons is a lot of damage even when your stats are still low. Cross shot combos with itself too so you could run a gunner squad that drops tons of cross shot combos on bosses constantly at the start of the round.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Evil Fluffy posted:

IIRC, the ultimate damage skill in SaGa Frontier is rebounding shot, because it not only hits harder with higher stats but also hits more times which effectively multiplies the damage and with 99 in your stats I think it hits for solid 5-digit damage and more consistently than DSC (and rebounding shot can combo).

Emilia with guns is perfectly fine though. Dual guns + quick draw and a pair of lethal dragoons is a lot of damage even when your stats are still low. Cross shot combos with itself too so you could run a gunner squad that drops tons of cross shot combos on bosses constantly at the start of the round.

Yeah, guns are significantly better than I remember them being--not because anything in the remaster changed, I just think I thought they sucked in the original, maybe I didn't know about TwoGun/Guns Akimbo.

I actually bothered using Mei-ling in my Riki playthrough and she was doing shockingly good damage with Bounding Shot using a pair of Lethal Dragoons.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
Question about Light and Shadow magic: Mei-Ling already has two Light spells, but not the gift for Light Magic. Could I buy Light Magic for Rouge, then take Emilia, Annie, Liza, Roufas and Lute through Omble to get them the gift for Shadow (and also recruit Silence if possible), then send Mei-Ling and Rouge through the Light Labyrinth to get them the gift for Light afterwards?

Kagon
Jan 25, 2005

W.T. Fits posted:

Question about Light and Shadow magic: Mei-Ling already has two Light spells, but not the gift for Light Magic. Could I buy Light Magic for Rouge, then take Emilia, Annie, Liza, Roufas and Lute through Omble to get them the gift for Shadow (and also recruit Silence if possible), then send Mei-Ling and Rouge through the Light Labyrinth to get them the gift for Light afterwards?

Absolutely. Anyone who has Light magic won't go into Omble for the Shadow magic gift, so you can just buy a single light spell for anyone you wanted to get that gift (so Mei-Ling and Rouge in your case). Same thing with Rune/Arcane magic, just with the added caveat that they have to be present for you getting every single tarot card/rune in order to get the gift as well, so Fei-on is essentially locked out of the Rune gift.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

W.T. Fits posted:

Yes, that is exactly how it would work. Just remember you can only the gift quests once each.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

On the subject of characters being locked out of gifts due to recruitment, it used to be that Silence couldn't get the gift for Shadow magic despite being recruited by getting the gift for Shadow magic. In the remaster, he starts with the gift for Shadow magic so that doesn't happen anymore.

No Wave posted:

You weren't kidding...

Liza:

Annie

I meant to ask yesterday: where do these lists come from? I can only find this one, which is a little harder to read: http://sf.data.project.tripod.com/Zaraktheus/PC_Spark_Chart_For_Export.htm

Harrow fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Apr 19, 2021

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/ps/198537-saga-frontier/faqs/58412

CTRL + F for "Name: Gen" (or whatever character) to go directly to their list.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Apr 19, 2021

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

No Wave posted:

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/ps/198537-saga-frontier/faqs/58412

CTRL + F for "Name: Gen" (or whatever character) to directly to their list.

Thank you!

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

Yes, that is exactly how it would work. Just remember you can only the gift quests once each.

Yeah, that's what I'm worried about. I'm torn between just doing it now and getting it done with the small group I have so far versus holding off for other potential recruits later on down the line. So far, I've only recruited Annie, Liza, Roufas, Mei-Ling, Lute and Rouge, and I've only progressed Emilia's story to the point where I've finished the first training mission. I've picked up the Victory Rune and some of the cool swag from Mu's and Sei's tombs. I should probably just go get swallowed by Tanzer just to get that obnoxious bit of the Rune quest out of the way.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

W.T. Fits posted:

Yeah, that's what I'm worried about. I'm torn between just doing it now and getting it done with the small group I have so far versus holding off for other potential recruits later on down the line. So far, I've only recruited Annie, Liza, Roufas, Mei-Ling, Lute and Rouge, and I've only progressed Emilia's story to the point where I've finished the first training mission. I've picked up the Victory Rune and some of the cool swag from Mu's and Sei's tombs. I should probably just go get swallowed by Tanzer just to get that obnoxious bit of the Rune quest out of the way.

The main thing you might want to hold out for is Asellus, White Rose, and/or Zozma, if you want to use them. You can get to the point of recruiting them pretty quickly if you just beeline the story missions, though it's also not a big deal if you're not planning to use them anyway.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Decided to do a full NG+ chain before doing Fuse, so I gave up on that Fuse playthrough lol.

Anyone know how to use the Region Map with Blue? Can't find the controls anywhere.

Also got Emelia this time. Guns or Martial Arts?

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I decided what I'm going to do for my NG+ chain is:
  • Use different characters each time. This is easier for me now because I already did Emilia and Riki's playthroughs without using NG+. From here onward, everyone is available, and I'll just check them off the list when I use them so I don't use them again (except for in Fuse's scenarios).
  • Intentionally limit my gear "tiers" via quest progression. Basically I'm using the completion of the Rune or Arcane quests as a benchmark. Before I complete those, I have to use gear that's roughly as good as what I'm finding. After I do, I'm allowed to use whatever I want. I functionally do this already even without NG+. I know how to kit out my entire team in Null Blades, Warlord Armors, etc. within like an hour of starting a playthrough if I want to and the only reason I don't is because I don't want to annihilate the early game. The only difference here is that I don't have to do the Junk Shop trick first :v: The best gear tends to come all at once in SaGa Frontier anyway.
  • Limit of one copy of each of the Facinaturu LP items, period. That means I'm buying Phantasm once, with one character, and then just keeping that one copy through the full NG+ chain. If I was feeling extra spicy I'd discard it on each NG+ so I have to spend LP to get it back but eh, I don't feel like I need to go that far.
I'm actually looking forward to this partially because it's going to push me to use a wider variety of characters than I otherwise would. Like I'm not going to have Rouge in my party almost every time and I'll actually use the other good mages sometimes. It's also extra incentive to use the playthrough-specific characters, like Doll and BJ&K in Red's scenario or the Asellus-only mystics like Ildon and Rei.

The actual path I'm going to take is character story -> Fuse -> character story -> Fuse -> repeat. Basically passing through Fuse's case file on the way to the next character each time.

MonsieurChoc posted:

Emilia is great with martial arts in her own playthrough but not as great as a recruited character (still good but she can't use the Pink Tiger costume to easily glimmer 3/4 of DSC). Guns are really strong for pretty light investment--as soon as you get Guns Akimbo you're going to start doing pretty great damage.

I'd say you'll have an easier time using Emilia with guns but maybe higher potential if you have the patience to glimmer everything for DSC?

Harrow fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Apr 19, 2021

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Yeah, I'm also trying to use different character on my NG+. The goal being that at the end of the big NG+ chain EVERYONE will be super powerful.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

MonsieurChoc posted:

Yeah, I'm also trying to use different character on my NG+. The goal being that at the end of the big NG+ chain EVERYONE will be super powerful.

Exactly! Gonna have a great time taking on the powered-up final bosses in Fuse's scenarios at the end of the chain. I'll have to level up Ren during Fuse's scenario because he can't be recruited in anyone else's, but otherwise I'll be doing most of my powering up just by playing through each other character's scenario along the way.

Once you finish all seven Fuse case files you can replay any of them you want (you get to pick when you start a new Fuse game), which is cool because some of them have different endings based on choices you make. They even coded the game to make this more convenient. If you've already seen the pre-fight cutscenes for a boss in Fuse's scenario, it skips the pre-fight cutscenes for you automatically after that on replays/retries (which I found because I had to try Riki's multiple times :v:).

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

For the first time ever, I've finally managed to get a character to glimmer the entire DSC.

It's Annie. :psyduck: Liza's still missing BabelCrumble Collapse.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Harrow posted:

I'm actually looking forward to this partially because it's going to push me to use a wider variety of characters than I otherwise would. Like I'm not going to have Rouge in my party almost every time and I'll actually use the other good mages sometimes.

Kid me using Lute like 6 times....

That playthrough sounds fun, its kinda like on Chrono Cross when you try to use like 30 guys in one playthrough instead of just Serge/Glenn/3rd hitty guy

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

I made Fuse into a Gun Mage. Awaken + Guns. Would Stasis Rune help with Awaken?

En Garde Motherfuckers
Apr 29, 2009

Hey. Is it just me, or do my balls itch?

MonsieurChoc posted:

Decided to do a full NG+ chain before doing Fuse, so I gave up on that Fuse playthrough lol.

Anyone know how to use the Region Map with Blue? Can't find the controls anywhere.

You have to use the Region Map from the inventory. Hitting the sort button should move it to the top of the list.

I decided to mix things up for my Blue playthrough and followed a speedrun route. My save listed just over half an hour before the final boss, but I spent probably more like 45-50 minutes total realtime between resetting on bosses and trying to juke some of the trickier enemies. The route I followed is hilarious- you buy a shadow magic spell and send the rest of your team to get light magic so you don't need to do the dungeon, then intentionally gently caress up the rune quest by teleporting out of Tanzer. Doing this lets you move on to time/space magic as Worst Master Magician Blue with no additional magic gifts. Also, fun fact- opting out of additional content disables fleeing!

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Time is bugged on switch: the time spent on sleep mode is still calculated lol.

Kagon
Jan 25, 2005

Harrow posted:

I decided what I'm going to do for my NG+ chain is:
[list]
[*]Use different characters each time. This is easier for me now because I already did Emilia and Riki's playthroughs without using NG+. From here onward, everyone is available, and I'll just check them off the list when I use them so I don't use them again (except for in Fuse's scenarios).
[*]Intentionally limit my gear "tiers" via quest progression. Basically I'm using the completion of the Rune or Arcane quests as a benchmark. Before I complete those, I have to use gear that's roughly as good as what I'm finding. After I do, I'm allowed to use whatever I want. I functionally do this already even without NG+. I know how to kit out my entire team in Null Blades, Warlord Armors, etc. within like an hour of starting a playthrough if I want to and the only reason I don't is because I don't want to annihilate the early game. The only difference here is that I don't have to do the Junk Shop trick first :v: The best gear tends to come all at once in SaGa Frontier anyway.

I’ve been doing this in my playthroughs and really enjoying it. I haven’t been carrying over stats/hp/wp/jp which I figure I can do in my Fuse chains, but it’s made me actually use characters like Mesarthim who would otherwise have never made it into my party. Also means the game is at least someone still challenging since I’m not busting out Pluto Armor/Powered Suits on everyone until the end.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Yeah, I'm still carrying over stats and HP/WP/JP just because I'm not repeating characters anyway (and I'll want those stats in Fuse's games), but the intentional limitations on reusing characters is pretty fun. Might even make me use another monster or two at some point.

I'm letting myself use Emilia, Liza, Roufas, and Rouge again one more time, though, just because I didn't carry anything over from my Emilia playthrough. Which is good because I also used Asellus in that playthrough and I haven't done her scenario yet :v:

Harrow fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Apr 19, 2021

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

MonsieurChoc posted:

This is an issue with a lot of games, I wonder if there’s some weird issue with the Switch’s system software.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

This is an issue with a lot of games, I wonder if there’s some weird issue with the Switch’s system software.

Also happened on the psp. My Persona 1 save file had hundreds more hours than I actually played on it.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

It's an 'issue' with Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth that ends up making the game way more enjoyable.

(You have a farm island and Digimon on the island will gain experience while the gameplay timer is running. It still counts while you're in sleep mode, so you can unlock a lot of Digimon forms a lot faster than you normally would.)

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

I think it’s just games not being built with sleep mode in mind and counting time played as [current time] - [time software was turned on].

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Hm, can't decide if I'm going to use Emilia and Rouge in this Lute playthrough or later in an Asellus playthrough. On the one hand, I kinda want to have Asellus do a full-on Mystic Squad, but some of the mystics join really late for her so she'll need someone in her party until then, and picking up Emilia and Rouge is pretty easy to do early on.

If I don't use them my Lute party is probably going to be Lute, Capt. Hamilton, Silence, and maybe Mei-ling and Fei-on.

Ace Transmuter
May 19, 2017

I like video games

MonsieurChoc posted:

I've noticed it also includes time while it is minimized but still open.

SLUM KING
Nov 16, 2011

If you pause before putting it to sleep it stops the timer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

My guess is that the game just doesn't actually suspend while it's minimized or the Switch is in sleep mode. It's still running normally while minimized so the time keeps ticking. That's just a guess though.

edit: unrelated, but Captain Hamilton just glimmered Twin Gales off a regular attack she did in Sei's Tomb right at the start of this Lute playthrough so yeah things are going pretty well

Harrow fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Apr 19, 2021