Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
poll
This poll is closed.
answer 1 9 8.33%
answer 2 15 13.89%
answer 3 48 44.44%
answer 4 36 33.33%
Total: 108 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

:smugbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

okay listen here u little poo poo

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Ah ha, but I only ironically like games. NOW WHAT?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

But we like the exact same games.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Saint Freak posted:

Ah ha, but I only ironically like games. NOW WHAT?

that's what the I stands for

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I’m surprised how diehard the dad Nier fans are. The story is the same it’s not like brother Nier is sister obsessed or talks about friendship constantly it’s largely the same character.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

sad dad is a well established genre. what the heck is a sad brother game

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

hatty posted:

I’m surprised how diehard the dad Nier fans are. The story is the same it’s not like brother Nier is sister obsessed or talks about friendship constantly it’s largely the same character.

It was actually dad Nier doing big anime teen gesticulations and talking about friendship.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

homeless snail posted:

The game that's literally called Brothers that seems to bring everyone who plays it to tears.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

homeless snail posted:

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

homeless snail posted:

Deus Ex
Metal Gear Solid

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

homeless snail posted:

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Hwurmp posted:

Deus Ex
Metal Gear Solid
pauls not sad
liquid and solidus are bad brothers, big difference

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
ffx/2 may count as sad brother games

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

homeless snail posted:

Uncharted 4

Weedle
May 31, 2006

i feel like i never hear max payne mentioned in the pantheon of sad dads, but personally i would be extremely sad if big pharma murdered my family

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Mods this guy hacked into my pc and stole my files

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
I do like dad nier, but I never played the brother nier version so I'm looking forward to seeing how it feels.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

https://twitter.com/PlayStation/status/1384190230354223110

Buy your anime visual novels in peace, children.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1491460/Tor_Eternum/ this game looks cool, very Diablo-like dungeon crawler.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I went to barnes and noble while KCB was getting her second dose of the vaccine and I saw this in the manga section next to a bunch of splatoon manga

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

stev posted:

https://twitter.com/PlayStation/status/1384190230354223110

Buy your anime visual novels in peace, children.
probably should have announced that before all the people that still hadnt modded their vitas finally did

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Great way to goose sales of PS3 and Vita games for a while

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

lets hang out posted:

Great way to goose sales of PS3 and Vita games for a while

Yeah they might sell tens(!) of games

that's big money

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Changing the topic to new games for a month, last night I finished Trails of Cold Steel IV, and it was a pretty good JRPG!

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Looper posted:

wonderful 101 is fantastic. idk how the ports handle but it's one of my favorite games on the wii u

I bought W101 on Steam recently, I should get back to it...

I think the tutorial level gave me motion sickness

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

I said come in! posted:

Changing the topic to new games for a month, last night I finished Trails of Cold Steel IV, and it was a pretty good JRPG!

It's flawed, but good! Amazing that it basically capstones a 9 game series.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Andrast posted:

Yeah they might sell tens(!) of games

that's big money

idk I'm in discords with people who were buying every ps3 game they ever thought they might like to play but definitely won't ever get around to. Physical prices shot up too

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Cold Steel is a game about fighting no-name Bob Smith only to have him go 'Actually you may know me by my other name....THE SILVER DEATHSTINGER' or whatever and kill you with a flick of his wrist. And then it happens like 40 more times.

I should really finish 2 someday and then maybe 3 and then maybe 4.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Saint Freak posted:

Cold Steel is a game about fighting no-name Bob Smith only to have him go 'Actually you may know me by my other name....THE SILVER DEATHSTINGER' or whatever and kill you with a flick of his wrist. And then it happens like 40 more times.

I should really finish 2 someday and then maybe 3 and then maybe 4.

The only thing I want to tell people about Cold Steel IV, that isn't really spoilers, is that it has about 40 hours of cutscenes.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Was it cold steel that had a special unique "this chest is empty" message for every single treasure chest in the game?

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Trails in the Sky is the series with empty chest messages. Sloppy coding meant that each chest pointed to a different script string, which all originally said "The chest is empty." Localizers took notice and had a little fun with it.

Hwurmp fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Apr 19, 2021

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
That was Trails in the Sky, due to Xseed noticing that technically every "This chest is empty" was tied to a separate line and decided to have fun with it. Cold Steel sadly was not coded the same way but they did manage to do it on special challenge chests.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Also Bob Smith the Silver Deathstinger only appears in the Crossbell duology

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Hellsinker menu goes hard (kinda loud)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zIbtVfc5mY

PSO episode 3 has a lot of energy too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xQsbYJ_Xgo2

Even if it's just phone games, I really like Keiichi Okabe's music.

Sinoalice's is very relaxing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-YOdyVHhFo

Nier Re[in]carnation still feels like Nier, if only in the soundtrack.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9UUUHuklG4

Last Celebration posted:

Is losing Dad Nier really that bad? Like even ignoring the jank that came from the game being made around Brother Nier the story seems more interesting on a certain level if it’s a bright eyed kid given how Yoko Atari stories go.

The story didn't even really change iirc, old man nier still had kaine as a romantic interest even though she looked like she could be his daughter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srTqxL_6Ysg

I think about snake and liquid talking about big chungus a lot

Acerbatus fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Apr 19, 2021

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

FirstAidKite posted:

I went to barnes and noble while KCB was getting her second dose of the vaccine and I saw this in the manga section next to a bunch of splatoon manga

There's an scp thing that I really like called scp simplified or whatever that I really like

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I'm a big fan of how when he realized that's not how genetics work, Kojima had to retcon that no Liquid is just an idiot

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

thats not a retcon, that happens in mgs1

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
My fave '???' part of MGS is seeing that Solid Snake is only 165lbs (74kg) and thinking "what...?". I mean not to body shame or anything but you'd think a 6 foot supersoldier would have maybe lifted weights a couple of times. (Yeah I'm heavier and shorter than that so I can't talk, but still, wtf?). This is a part where you can be like 'this game was definitely 100% not made in the USA where he'd be 190-210 (?) lbs probably.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Solid Snake specced into agility