Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

It sounds smarter than the reality which is them trying to goose ratings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Does it though? It kinda gives off "Charlie from It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia" vibes

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

That was more to highlight how stupid the reality is.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

So It Goes posted:

I honestly think this threads obsession with the idea Mike Richards is orchestrating a conspiracy is super weird.

Thanks for your input, Mike Richards!

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

I don't think they're really lying about anything, just kinda leaving unsaid that they've been settled on Ken long before this happened and don't want to bring in anyone like Burton who might legitimately win over the audience and put them in a tough spot.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
Personally, I am just a huge sucker for low-stakes drama and will happily read through all the crazy Facebook comments about this sort of thing.

That said I do think Mike Richards wants the job himself, and that Ken is the most likely to actually be given it.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

LeVar Burton is 64 years old and increasingly close to retiring outside of making several thousand bucks per convention appearance. CBS and Sony want someone who can be the show's anchor for another 25 - 30 years(and even Richards has said so). It isn't going to be an A-list person or even a B-lister like Burton.

I swear, some people need to take off the :tinfoil:...

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

I just want to see him guest host.

Also LOL at making the difference between “stalactite” and “stalagmite” a $1000 clue. Beautiful trap.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
TITES COME FROM THE TOP OF THE CAVE

You're welcome, none of you will ever get it wrong again.

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013
Mike Nelson?!

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
That was a baby mode FJ

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

Stalactites cling to the ceiling, stalagmites grip the ground.

Stalagtites swing both ways.

Old Kentucky Shark fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Apr 20, 2021

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

HookShot posted:

TITES COME FROM THE TOP OF THE CAVE

You're welcome, none of you will ever get it wrong again.

Stalactites have to hold "tight" to the ceiling and Stalagmites... idk are mighty enough to fight gravity and punch up?

lost it there at the end

Spokes
Jan 9, 2010

Thanks for a MONSTER of an avatar, Awful Survivor Mods!

So It Goes posted:

I honestly think this threads obsession with the idea Mike Richards is orchestrating a conspiracy is super weird.

as soon as someone else gets the job I will drop it immediately

conversely, once he’s given the permanent job I will become an insufferable crow

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
Anderson Cooper was really good as you might expect from someone with that much TV experience.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
We got preempted :sigh:

Poque fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Oct 17, 2022

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

zakharov posted:

Anderson Cooper was really good as you might expect from someone with that much TV experience.

He was too fast and sterile for me

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.
I know Mike Nelson (right podium) is a real actor and I found his IMDb page, but I couldn't shake the idea that he was actually Brett Gelman in a hairpiece

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
Initial thoughts about Anderson Cooper: he sinks into the background the most out of everyone so far, almost as if the game just happens without a host by magic. Which I think is incredibly skillful.

I think he occasionally pauses too long between a contestant giving an answer and him deeming it correct or not, but that's nitpicking and I'm hoping we'll have yet another host whose guts I wont hate at the end of the two weeks.

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
that reminds me that i really need to rewatch the mole some time.

poo poo, apparently they've been subtitling the dutch episodes.

wooger
Apr 16, 2005

YOU RESENT?

Old Kentucky Shark posted:

I just want to see him guest host.

Also LOL at making the difference between “stalactite” and “stalagmite” a $1000 clue. Beautiful trap.

Didn’t the first guy to answer say Stalactite though?

The 2nd person said stalagmite.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
He didn't pronounce it correctly.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
He said stalagtite I think

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

HookShot posted:

Initial thoughts about Anderson Cooper: he sinks into the background the most out of everyone so far, almost as if the game just happens without a host by magic. Which I think is incredibly skillful.

I think he occasionally pauses too long between a contestant giving an answer and him deeming it correct or not, but that's nitpicking and I'm hoping we'll have yet another host whose guts I wont hate at the end of the two weeks.

I felt like I noticed longer pauses when the clue was a fill in the blank type and the contestant said some of the words that surrounded the blank, if that makes any sense. Like as if his answer sheet had one word and the contestant said two words, so he glanced over at the judges to be safe.

But yeah, he definitely hit the ground running the best I've seen of all the guest hosts so far.

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.
This probably sounds super nitpicky, but I feel like Cooper reads the clues maybe 15% too fast. Not enough to sound like he's speed-reading, but enough to sound like he's got somewhere else to be.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

CPColin posted:

I felt like I noticed longer pauses when the clue was a fill in the blank type and the contestant said some of the words that surrounded the blank, if that makes any sense. Like as if his answer sheet had one word and the contestant said two words, so he glanced over at the judges to be safe.

But yeah, he definitely hit the ground running the best I've seen of all the guest hosts so far.

Yeah, that totally makes sense. And I can understand his being hesitant to make a mistake. Hopefully with a few days he’ll get even better but so far he runs the games smooth as butter and it’s so pleasant to listen to.

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One
Biden interrupted Jeopardy in New York so blah

Anderson feels at home behind the lecture. I doubt he could accept between 60 Minutes, AC360 and other things but he wouldn't have a argument from me.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/Jeopardy/status/1384945027328053262

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

LeVar getting his shot after all, awesome.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

lol Doc Oz is obviously the worst but I still can't believe they hired Joe Buck to do a couple of weeks. Dude's a loving dish rag.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

I think he'll be better at Jeopardy-ing than sportscasting, tbh. And he's a perfectly fine baseball broadcaster these days.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Finally people can shut the gently caress up about Levar Burton

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

banned from Starbucks posted:

I will never shut the gently caress up about LeVar Burton

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!

We can get back to a world where we only talk about poo poo we hate and maybe you'll finally be happy.

Nice to see the internet achieve something positive for a change. I really hope he does well :unsmith:

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Iron Crowned posted:

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

People are never going to shut up about LeVar Burton. If he doesn't get it people on social media are going to poo poo themselves. If he does get it people on social media are going to poo poo themselves because he wasn't hired immediately.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

christmas boots posted:

People are never going to shut up about LeVar Burton. If he doesn't get it people on social media are going to poo poo themselves. If he does get it people on social media are going to poo poo themselves because he wasn't hired immediately.

Some of us are just goons, who poo poo ourselves for no reason at all.

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One

Iron Crowned posted:

Do we have to take your word for it?

FYI, These hosts only get one week each though since all of them have decades of experience it shouldn't be a issue

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
The kink in the ratings graph between Joe Buck and LeVar Burton is going to be a sight to behold!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

I made a little online contest. I will pick one random correct answer and make a donation to the charity of your choice. Come play along!

https://forms.gle/qYF2NTDp4myRThCPA