Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

.Z.
Jan 12, 2008

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

i know you mean this as a joke, but i am dead serious when i say i would gently caress and cum in that sludgy mass of carb, cheese, and tomato

:pastryno:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
Buddy, they won't even let me gently caress it

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

i know you mean this as a joke, but i am dead serious when i say i would gently caress and cum in that sludgy mass of carb, cheese, and tomato

Well now I’m game for a bite

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

uhh I don't think it's cool to refer to women this way bro

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
zojirushi is priced and based upon the assumption that you have rice for 2.9 meals a day, many of the features are useless without because theyre to keep rice warm and moist for the next meal which you are assumed to be havin rice for. get the cheapo lovely ones they have on sale for like 20 bux on costco, thats what you want if you eat rice 1/month

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

If you have a pressure cooker you can use that too. I’ve eaten a lot more brown rice since cooking time went to 15 min from 45.

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum

And there was me about to post 'she forgot to add bechamel'

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Yeah if you don’t need a Zoji, then get an Aroma rice cooker and be perfectly happy.

Aroma Housewares 2-8-Cups (Cooked) Digital Cool-Touch Rice Grain Cooker and Food Steamer, Stainless, 8 Cup, Silver https://www.amazon.com/dp/B007WQ9YNO/

captkirk
Feb 5, 2010
A little late to tag onto the kitchen design chat and not quite thread appropriate but:

I just bought a house that has relatively limited cabinet space (compared to my beautiful overkill of a kitchen in my last apartment) but it does have a large laundry closet near the kitchen I'm using as a pantry. Since unpacking quickly and just shoving everything in the first place I saw I've been trying to figure out the balance of what to store in the kitchen and what to store in the pantry. Right now it's like cookware, dinnerware, and a random selection of pantry goods (including the big bottles of soy, mirin, etc) squirreled away in different areas of the kitchen, large appliances on some wire shelves near the kitchen, and then everything else crammed into the pantry. While I will eventually reach some equilibrium over time, for folks who take a systematic approach to kitchen storage:how do you approach arranging your kitchen and storage?

EDIT: for more on topic content, I can recommend the anova combi oven for its durability. Turns out it can survive being stolen from your moving trunk, getting dumped into a nearby ditch and then rained on and still power on!

captkirk fucked around with this message at 13:21 on Apr 20, 2021

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof

bob dobbs is dead posted:

zojirushi is priced and based upon the assumption that you have rice for 2.9 meals a day, many of the features are useless without because theyre to keep rice warm and moist for the next meal which you are assumed to be havin rice for. get the cheapo lovely ones they have on sale for like 20 bux on costco, thats what you want if you eat rice 1/month

i eat rice for 2 meals a day (sometimes 3) and my zojirushi keeps the rice at a constant 150 deg and very moist for three days

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

Calling this cursed is a bit of a stretch. It's just pasta, cheese and sauce, kinda smart to make it this way honestly. Put this on a chef tiktok with some high quality ingredients and the same people making yuck face emojis would be calling this brilliant and refined.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Verisimilidude posted:

Calling this cursed is a bit of a stretch. It's just pasta, cheese and sauce, kinda smart to make it this way honestly. Put this on a chef tiktok with some high quality ingredients and the same people making yuck face emojis would be calling this brilliant and refined.

yeah this is fine and certainly better than buying a frozen pasta bake and shoving it in the oven. snobs just snobbin'.

BigShasta
Oct 28, 2010
As someone who doesn't make cheesy pasta dishes very often, I think what bothers me is just how much of it is cheese. Maybe it's not a meaningfully different amount than lasagna in reality, but I feel kind of sick thinking about it. It probably can't taste bad given the ingredients used.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

abrosheen posted:

As someone who doesn't make cheesy pasta dishes very often, I think what bothers me is just how much of it is cheese. Maybe it's not a meaningfully different amount than lasagna in reality, but I feel kind of sick thinking about it. It probably can't taste bad given the ingredients used.

As someone who has eaten an entire block of cheese by itself on more than one occasion, you're overthinking it. Looks delicious.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

KillHour posted:

As someone who has eaten an entire block of cheese by itself on more than one occasion, you're overthinking it. Looks delicious.

this

also the problem is solved by just eating a small portion

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here
The most unsettling part is seeing that dish made by someone that skinny.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Stringent posted:

The most unsettling part is seeing that dish made by someone that skinny.

let's not start equating/comparing cooking and body size in any fashion thanks

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Show me their coronary arteries let's make some conclusions

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

i would eat the springform lasagna

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

mediaphage posted:

let's not start equating/comparing cooking and body size in any fashion thanks

gently caress that, that lady looks like she's as old as me and i gained a pound just watching the drat video

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

I’m fine with a pasta bake but half a stick of string cheese per single noodle is a bad ratio.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Chemmy posted:

I’m fine with a pasta bake but half a stick of string cheese per single noodle is a bad ratio.

Should be polenta right?

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

Chemmy posted:

Maybe you're not working with a big enough noodle.

*User was put on probation for this post*

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum
It's not far from manicotti or the dozens of similar pasta bake dishes, so it's not like it's a bad idea but string cheese, pre-grated and a jar of sauce are let downs when it wouldn't be hard to pack 'em with ricotta and top with sugo + pecorino.

That and she's wearing a hat indoors :sever:

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010
String cheese isn't necessarily the no-no you would think.

In a lot of areas it may be the only consistent source for whole milk, low moisture mozzarella that isn't pre-shredded and covered in starch.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Murgos posted:

String cheese isn't necessarily the no-no you would think.

In a lot of areas it may be the only consistent source for whole milk, low moisture mozzarella that isn't pre-shredded and covered in starch.

Yeah but she uses that stuff in the recipe as well lmao

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

People in this thread have the weirdest hangups about absolutely mundane, innocuous things

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation
It looks like something I would crave when stoned. Change the ingredients to higher quality cheese and add some spinach and I might even make it this weekend, get stoned, and eat too much of it. I could see my aunt making this in southern Illinois and calling it an Italian Casserole.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I'm just not a fan of the red sauce/pasta/lots of cheese Italian food that's so popular in America. Is that Southern Italian? It just doesn't do anything for me. Maybe because spaghetti with meat sauce was a staple growing up, not because we necessarily liked it that much but because we were poor and it was cheap to make.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
I thought I didn't like Italian red sauce but then we braised some lamb shanks last weekend in tomato, garlic, rosemary, carrots, celery, and red wine. And that sauce was divine. Sprinkled with minced raw garlic, lemon zest, and chopped parsley before serving.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Stringent posted:

gently caress that, that lady looks like she's as old as me and i gained a pound just watching the drat video

:rolleyes: don't eat half of it and you're fine christ. i eat an absurd amount of skim mozzarella and i doubt you're younger than i am

people who aren't overweight like rich food too. it's such a dumb thing to comment on

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

I'm just not a fan of the red sauce/pasta/lots of cheese Italian food that's so popular in America. Is that Southern Italian?

it's to southern italian what tex mex is to northern mexican, i think, in that it's definitely a play off of that sort of cuisine. while southern italy didn't exclusively drive the italian american immigration movement, it is the origin of a lot of it.

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum
I was going to say there's a dish popular in northern italy that is very similar called pasticcio until I checked and they copied it from the greek pastitsio but yeah there are a lot of southern dishes that are basically that, from penne alla norma to lasagne.

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist.

The biggest difference that I find between what Americanized Italian and Southern Italian cooking is the quantities. Americans seem to want everything just soaking in sauce and I cannot fathom that when I sit down to my family's lasagne or pasta. There is, however, 10000% more red sauce than most of the rest of Italy. You also get the best fish dishes from the south though so whatever.

StarkingBarfish posted:

I was going to say there's a dish popular in northern italy that is very similar called pasticcio until I checked and they copied it from the greek pastitsio

You could also be thinking of Timballo/Timpano which is pasta baked in pasta.

Robviously fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Apr 21, 2021

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum
Nah, I know the timpano/timballo, Pasticcio is legit common in northern italy and fits the description, I just didn't realise it it was greek

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
i just don't really care for baked Italian pasta dishes except lasagna ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

I love carbs and meat sauces so sign me the gently caress up for all the Italian artery cloggers, TYVM.

What thread was this again?

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp
i dunno, I was just asking about springforms

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Vim Fuego posted:

i dunno, I was just asking about springforms

Oh hey, I heard somewhere you could make a lasagne in one of those.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

lately i’ve been doing lasagna in a loaf pan lined with parchment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

That's not lasagna that's a pie or pastaloaf