Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Yeah Nah?
This poll is closed.
Yeah Nah 122 53.51%
Nah Yeah 64 28.07%
Nah Yee 18 7.89%
No Yes 9 3.95%
Yes No 15 6.58%
Total: 228 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Breakfast Burrito
Aug 8, 2007

GoldStandardConure posted:

What is consent?

We just don't know.

let's mefipulate the milkshake to find out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

Going to need a lengthy explanation for this

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Animal Friend posted:

Some kind of communication from the front lines of the online gremlin wars.

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop

Animal Friend posted:

The squirrels running up and down his keyboard shouldn't be drinking red bull.

DK was 34 when he died on 29 June 2018 from multiple organ failure aftter a cardiorespiratory arrest while his body was affected by methylamphetamine. The WA coroner said he was "satisfied that the officers took DK into custody so that he could undergo a mental health assessment. I am also satisfied that the Officers were well aware of the health risks that arise when a person is affected by illicit drugs, and that in DK's case they addressed those risks by the minimal use of force, the appropriate use of physical restraints and by regular monitoring."

ISSUES RAISED
Force used, mental health / cognitive impairment.

Sierra Madre
Dec 24, 2011

But getting to it. That's not the hard part.

It's letting go.

Underrated component of this video: after months of scandal in which the federal government is revealed to be a parade of old men abusing young women, the government's response is a tutorial on consent in which a woman terrorises a man.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

pretty keen to see the empathy training now

Bucky Fullminster
Apr 13, 2007

Animal Friend posted:

People like Karen Brewer, Ricardo Bossi, and Mary-Jane Lidicoat, appear to be part of a new nationalist/fascist incursion in our politics, involving groups like "Reignite Democracy" and "Team Australia - We are Coming". They're largely based on "Fighting the Cabal". They are planning a parliament storming in August, which will almost certainly be a nothingburger, but is still notable in its objectives and planning.

The guy in the video has either been mindfucked by them and/or is doing some of the mindfucking himself.

The twitter account (@WakeAustralia) is a hardcore member of the COVID denialist/conspiracist community, who seems to think that this whole shitshow is an elaborate play by the government to discredit their movement and further strip people of their rights.

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

Weaponised Consent: A Highway to the Action Zone

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

Bucky Fullminster posted:

either been mindfucked by them and/or is doing some of the mindfucking himself.

Lot of that going around.

How many people do you think actually know what you're talking about? The conspiracy in a conspiracy doesn't work if its only fringe radicals constantly turning on each other.

I think you need to take a break from the internet for a while and decompress. For real you seem way too invested in this.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Far right reactionaries are always messy bitches who all hate each other and all want to be the one and only Fuhrer. That doesn't actually make them much less dangerous. Especially since the authorities will constantly enable and coddle them.

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

https://twitter.com/Pheladi_24/status/1226723838295183360?s=20

What was that American video about consent or sexual assault and harassment from the past year or so, it has a bit where a white guy is about to chase after some woman coming out of a building and his black friend puts a hand on his chest like "MM MM MM Not today!" or something like that. I remember everyone thinking it was really terrible at the time?

e: It was the gillette advert. So many guys saying "I WILL NEVER BUY GILLETTE PRODUCTS AGAIN"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYaY2Kb_PKI

TheMostFrench fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Apr 20, 2021

Bucky Fullminster
Apr 13, 2007

Animal Friend posted:

Lot of that going around.

How many people do you think actually know what you're talking about? The conspiracy in a conspiracy doesn't work if its only fringe radicals constantly turning on each other.

I think you need to take a break from the internet for a while and decompress. For real you seem way too invested in this.

Why did you ask for an explanation?

What conspiracy? What doesn't work? What are you disputing there exactly?

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Bucky Fullminster posted:

Why did you ask for an explanation?

What conspiracy? What doesn't work? What are you disputing there exactly?

They’re trying to throw you off your game because they’re one of them.

SecretOfSteel
Apr 29, 2007

The secret of steel has always
carried with it a mystery.

The were probably more worried about sparking a conservative-led moral panic like Safe Schools. They're such loving idiots.

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

Is a man not entitled to the milk of his shake?

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

Organza Quiz posted:

Some absolute fuckwit has watched Look Around You and decided that that's a good model for how to discuss consent in a memorable way.

Thanks consent. Thonsent.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

I think the video features a woman pushing a man's boundaries because they're trying to prompt men to think about how they would feel if it was their boundaries being pushed.

I'm sure the video will be a huge success at introducing a few men to their new fetish.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
I think the ad is making a reference to the classic Kelis song "Milkshake"

perepelki
Dec 11, 2020

know before Whom you stand

Ghost Leviathan posted:

It feels like the only people in this country who are still religious are the frothing lunatics.
i'm still religious

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
the only thing i'm a lunatic frothing for is a woman to throw a (frothy) milkshake in my face

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

government violating my zone of action when i do not consent to joinder

Dire Lemming
Jan 19, 2016
If you don't coddle Nazis flat Earthers then you're literally as bad as them.

No no don't touch me there
This is my action square

Ethics_Gradient
May 5, 2015

Common misconception that; that fun is relaxing. If it is, you're not doing it right.
we did it reddit

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-04-20/nsw-premier-state-politicians-slam-milkshake-consent-video/100081296

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

It's about finding that next group of core players we can win with in the next 6, 8, 10 years. Let's face it, it's hard for 20-, 21-, 22-year-olds to lead an NHL team. Look at the playoffs.

That quote is from fucking 2018. Fuck you Jim
Pillbug
Which federal lib MP's partner owns the agency that got given however many million dollars to produce that poo poo

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

it had a very chris ulhman youth group players vibe

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
High Art

SecretOfSteel
Apr 29, 2007

The secret of steel has always
carried with it a mystery.

"tries out his pool and people skills"...

at least he's consistent.

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

thanks for the 2 year old meme

bobvonunheil
Mar 18, 2007

Board games and tea

aejix posted:

Which federal lib MP's partner owns the agency that got given however many million dollars to produce that poo poo

I can answer the latter: 3.8 million dollars

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

bell jar posted:

thanks for the 2 year old meme

They grow up so fast :3:

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

It's almost time for the next Tasmanian State Election, you know what that means!

It means we're all going to jail apparently. :saddowns:

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
Serial protesters :negative:

Ethics_Gradient
May 5, 2015

Common misconception that; that fun is relaxing. If it is, you're not doing it right.
Labour went after the pokies in the last Tasmanian election and were defeated, so they've decided people want them to be Diet Liberal instead.

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop

Endman posted:

It's almost time for the next Tasmanian State Election, you know what that means!

It means we're all going to jail apparently. :saddowns:
How dare they give a gently caress about anyone other than themselves!

How dare they!

The coroner found that JWC died with "potentially toxic levels" of methamphetamine in his body. The 24-year-old was found by a resident after he fled police who wanted to speak to him about driving offences. The coroner found that the officers had not acted unlawfully or improperly, but made a number of recommendations on how next of kin, particularly those of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander heritage, should be treated.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Does Tassie have a lot of XR stuff? What's the beatup prompting this?

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Tasmania is basically transforming into a island retirement home so it doesn't surprise me that the only way to win government there at the moment is to lock up those uppity kids.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

But you can't need my eyes.

JBP posted:

Does Tassie have a lot of XR stuff? What's the beatup prompting this?

Logging

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

I get it now. Thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015