Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011
had to be up and out early so my landlord can show the place to potential renters so I’m having a wake and bake and a breakfast sandwich at a local cafe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

just got handed weed by a stranger on the street today is loving incredible

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007
no lube anal fan

Crusader posted:

:blessed:

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Turning ABV into butter simply seems to involve putting it all in a slow cooker with some water and leaving it there for a day? Is the water necessary for anything other than a constant low heat? Is there anything stopping me from turning it into a bain marie instead? I'm thinking like, using a vacuum sealer to put butter and abv into a bag sealed, and then put that in the slow cooker?

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
the stuff you want is fat/butter soluble, the left over trash is either heavy solids or water soluble. once cool the (laden!) fat should separate out and make it easy to remove the rest of the solids and water.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Recipes that use water mostly use it for sediment and temperature control, but you can definitely make butter without if you don't want to hassle - you'll just end up with a grittier product and/or lose a little butter in the waste

edit: These days I've been putting my ABV in a mason jar with butter and then popping that in a pan of boiling water for Some Time, then lightly straining

Lovelyn
Jul 8, 2008

Eat more beans
Started my holiday butter batch today, 2 oz shake + ??? AVB + ??? coconut oil, will be ready just in time for The Blessed Day

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

okay yeah that does make sense, separating the fat from the water/solids is probably cleaner than draining warm fat from the solids

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Crusader posted:

Excellent work, remember this and pass it on

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

sorbetto

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007
no lube anal fan

i am harry posted:

okay yeah that does make sense, separating the fat from the water/solids is probably cleaner than draining warm fat from the solids

I use a metal sifter and I line it with cheesecloth, I press what I can down through the filters with a spoon or silicon spatula thing then when I think I’m not getting anymore I just spin the cheesecloth shut and squeeze out whatever else I can.

I use my Anova immersion circulator and vacuum-seal my stuff up with the butter and just let it run for at least four hours. (though having now eaten my 20 hours, 40 grams ABV brownies and gotten some trip reports back from friends it seems like they’re Pretty loving Good.)

e: this is what it looks like before I cook it down

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007
no lube anal fan
ahhhh finally got the tent 99% of the way there...

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
that's a humidifier between the two, right? what's the white box on the left? that pretty much looks like the setup that would work for me

my girlfriend got heavily into gardening this year and since we're in the upper midwest she started a lot of stuff indoors, so i've been observing...

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007
no lube anal fan

20 Blunts posted:

that's a humidifier between the two, right? what's the white box on the left? that pretty much looks like the setup that would work for me

my girlfriend got heavily into gardening this year and since we're in the upper midwest she started a lot of stuff indoors, so i've been observing...

humidifier in the middle, yea, the left-side white box is the dehumidifier for when they’re in flower. it’s off rn I just keep it in the tent so I don’t have to thread the power cord through the flaps on the side whenever I need to swap it in.

e: the total footprint of that tent is 4’x2’ about 5’ tall. perfect for two plants but if I really were better at pruning and working my netting I could maybe get a third in there.

I pulled something like 8 ounces off my last two plants total, and that doesn’t count anything I only kept to decarb and turn into “milder” edibles. total turnaround from sprout to cured in jars was like 4 months?

Red Baron has issued a correction as of 15:49 on Apr 19, 2021

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

it’s snowing again. I got so tired of my baby vegetable plants dying I bought a 4x4 tent and a light and all that. finally I can garden in peace. in the solitary darkness of the basement.

Red Baron posted:

e: this is what it looks like before I cook it down

yeah that’s what I was envisioning and running it in an instapot on low slow cooker setting.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

posting an edited anime picture... im ashamed

Pooky
Aug 29, 2004

I post fox news so u don't have to 💋
Uh, it's that thing

Pooky
Aug 29, 2004

I post fox news so u don't have to 💋
https://twitter.com/tedcruz/status/1384370935432728579

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

For if he like a madman lived,
At least he like a wise one died.

Happy Holy Day everyone!!!

black.lion has issued a correction as of 14:20 on Apr 20, 2021

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

hy

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007
no lube anal fan

i am harry posted:

it’s snowing again. I got so tired of my baby vegetable plants dying I bought a 4x4 tent and a light and all that. finally I can garden in peace. in the solitary darkness of the basement.

yeah that’s what I was envisioning and running it in an instapot on low slow cooker setting.

oh yeah the instant pot would work wonders for this.

happy 4/20 you degenerate jazz tobacco enthusiasts

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
I can't smoke weed for probably 12 hours from now

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
This is bullshit

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

happy 420 goons

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007
no lube anal fan
beautiful

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Hot Karl Marx posted:

This is bullshit

Weed

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
https://twitter.com/bangordailynews/status/1384482542699622401?s=19

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Weed is good. I was just visited by a bumblebee.

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

i listened to the time signal shortwave station this morning

https://twitter.com/NIST/status/1384468386613276672

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Woke and boked. Leftover Chinese beef noodles with an egg for brekky.

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:
on this 4/20, the birthday of the great lionel hampton, i have an obligation to chauffeur my mom to a doctor appointment and to pick up her scrip from the pharmacy.

it means that i may not smoke weed until later in the afternoon and later in the afternoon is when i shall smoke weed. thanks for listening to my story.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shCYA2J-De8

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

warren?

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007
no lube anal fan
I got up at 6, ate a brownie, had coffee, vaped, and then played Civ VI for a few hours.

I think it went okay

good weed day

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
I'm so bad at CIV. Like I can do Prince and below okay, but once it gets any higher I either get instakilled by barbarians or spend the rest of the game as a ball of anxiety.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011
had to take the day off because no internet due to a nearby fire. wake and bake day happy 4/20

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Zurtilik posted:

I'm so bad at CIV. Like I can do Prince and below okay, but once it gets any higher I either get instakilled by barbarians or spend the rest of the game as a ball of anxiety.

i don't even know where to begin with civ. i keep almost buying 6 and then i'm like "you don't even know what to do in these games" and go play sometihng dumb instead

Kazinsal posted:

had to take the day off because no internet due to a nearby fire. wake and bake day happy 4/20

"nearby fire" about 6 inches from your face

happy holiday comrades