Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Evil Eagle posted:

lilith ftw

did they uncapped the number of times you can use pandora box in a single room? iirc before you could only have like 3-4 uses max in afterbirth+

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

mysterious loyall X posted:

did they uncapped the number of times you can use pandora box in a single room? iirc before you could only have like 3-4 uses max in afterbirth+

Don't know what the limit was in afterbirth+ but it was definitely higher than 3 or 4. Biggest buff is probably that familiars now have a priority system as to where they go in your chain, so Succubus will always be as close to you as possible, then Lil Brimstone, etc etc. Makes it a lot easier to aim

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

man I wish the final bosses had health bars without the mod spider, I have no clue how much dmg I'm ever doing to Mother

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Tainted Cain greed mode lol...Good way to unlock planetariums and the "you broke it" secret

edit: finally unlocked this stupid sword due to getting Gupped. I had 6 heart containers and I still ran head first into that dead cat

Evil Eagle fucked around with this message at 09:34 on Apr 19, 2021

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Tainted Lilith is kinda repulsive even for this game but man is she fun to use. Whipped my way to Mega Satan on my first attempt

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

I wanna be your left hand man

The Beast fight is fun as hell. Finally got it finished once, with Lillith. Fantastic. Now to do it a couple dozen more times.

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
The tainted characters are cool, and Tainted Cain is Edmund's most masterful troll yet.

Brasseye
Feb 13, 2009

Evil Eagle posted:

Tainted Lilith is kinda repulsive even for this game but man is she fun to use. Whipped my way to Mega Satan on my first attempt

she is fun to play & seems insanely powerful. best new character so far I think

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Getting an infinite use active item on the april's fool challenge was a lot of fun, glad I didn't roll plan C or something

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
Tiny planet, guillotine, tech .5, couple of speed downs, and curse of the blind ipecac to really tie the run together. At least I unlocked alt Maggy before I was mercifully killed.

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

Sounds like I need to get Tainted Cain before he inevitably gets nerfed to trash-tier.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

just died to the final boss because I could not see a loving thing due to getting playdough cookie + the fruitcake + trisagion + continuum tears all at once lol. Trisagion has some cool synergies

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Got to Chaos Card Hush with the Keeper to unlock his 3rd coin container...thank god

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

cool reflected tears count as "missed" for the onan's streak challenge

but proptosis spectral tears barely ever count as missed so round 2 was easy

Evil Eagle fucked around with this message at 06:47 on Apr 23, 2021

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

Took Eden all the way home and realized as soon as I Started the ascent that I forgot to leave a trinket for a cracked key. Love doing the same thing over and over and again.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

You can leave one in the room with dad's note even. I usually leave one in mom's boss room since I typically explore that whole floor when doing the ascent route

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

isaac's heart on jacob and esau from a ? item in downpour is a new level of hell. the game even taunted me with blood rights which doesn't work anymore, I was so strong otherwise but the heart lags too far behind for stuff in the new floors

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Evil Eagle posted:

You can leave one in the room with dad's note even. I usually leave one in mom's boss room since I typically explore that whole floor when doing the ascent route

Yeah you can even leave more than one and get multiple red keys. Got my rear end saved in a very long-winded way on a bad Beast run that way by getting a portable slot machine from a red room that gave me an I'm Drowsy pill in Home.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

I keep on throwing good Mother runs away after I finish mines II and just jump down the chute to depths instead of mausoleum

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I finally got a good run with jacob and esau and unlocked their boss rush unlock, time to not play them for a very long time

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Evil Eagle posted:

I finally got a good run with jacob and esau and unlocked their boss rush unlock, time to not play them for a very long time

Lol i just completed laz's repentance marks so i only have j&e's dark room, greedier, hush and beast marks to have all regular characters done. I tried one run got nothing good andndied on caves 2. Absolutely not looking forward to it. Also seeing double is one of the most miserable challenges in this game

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

ArfJason posted:

Lol i just completed laz's repentance marks so i only have j&e's dark room, greedier, hush and beast marks to have all regular characters done. I tried one run got nothing good andndied on caves 2. Absolutely not looking forward to it. Also seeing double is one of the most miserable challenges in this game

I really want their delirium unlock but didn't luck out on getting a void portal in this run after lamb

I did get one on my very next run with tainted bethany and she is absurd lol. Also the delirium fight is actually somewhat normal with an i'm drowsy pill

as for challenges I still have 7 left including brains, ultra hard and bloody mary. I hate bloody mary

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

blasted through hush and delirium with tainted judas, getting some sick unlocks tonight. if I ever get psy fly from now on I am bee-lining to hush/delirium if I don't have their marks on the character. crazy item

Might actually get the 5 streak secret if I keep playing strong characters...up to 3 in a row now

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Evil Eagle posted:

Might actually get the 5 streak secret if I keep playing strong characters...up to 3 in a row now

They didn't change the description but the 5-streak secret only requires a 3-streak now (with a different character each time) so you should have already gotten it, might want to double check.

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

Evil Eagle posted:

blasted through hush and delirium with tainted judas, getting some sick unlocks tonight. if I ever get psy fly from now on I am bee-lining to hush/delirium if I don't have their marks on the character. crazy item

Psy Fly rules and made me nearly untouchable on my last Beast run.
I've tried ultra hard about 10 times and hate it.

Took this screenshot about 30 seconds before I got beat down by Dogma because I wasn't ready for the homing brim attack. But at least I unlocked Tainted Lost!

e: Oh boy, I get to get reachieve all the marks with Tainted Lost without Holy Mantle, just like I had to do with OG Lost. Great.

DeadMansSuspenders fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Apr 24, 2021

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

is there a way to unlcok mantle on tainted lost? doing no hit on delerium or mother is probably stupid

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
No and its removed from the item pool

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

ArfJason posted:

No and its removed from the item pool

Yeah your best bet is to get a Blank Card to go with the Holy Card you start with

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Lol in yesterdyas patch they changed that combo from a 2 room charge to 4 room charge. Nice game.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

goferchan posted:

They didn't change the description but the 5-streak secret only requires a 3-streak now (with a different character each time) so you should have already gotten it, might want to double check.

it's not unlocked, maybe it doesn't count tainted chars or something? idk

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Ok it unlocked at a 4 streak???? thank you lord edmund.

up to 5 now as my next run with tainted lilith went to hush and delirium with psy fly, saturnus and circle of protection, I don't think I got hit by a single projectile

ArfJason posted:

Lol in yesterdyas patch they changed that combo from a 2 room charge to 4 room charge. Nice game.

I think they forgot to actually change it lol

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

Tried my first Tainted Isaac run just planning to fight Isaac but ended up with Halo + Mom's Knife by depths 2. Did the bosh rush, Got Godhead womb 1 and then comitted to Hush + Delerium. Got the psy fly off a void boss and made it through! :hellyeah:

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Evil Eagle posted:

it's not unlocked, maybe it doesn't count tainted chars or something? idk

Be sure to complete 5 dailies to unlocked the cracked crown...moh wait they nerfed the damage bonus and it no longer gives any other stat upgrades except maybe shot speed :twisted:

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
got all the marks as regular characters now i never have to play jhacob and esau gain glad all the aids is gone *plays tainted lazarus* oh no!!!!

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
btw i heard rumors that tainted lazarus is gonna get buffed so dont play him at all rn cause he sucks balls lol

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

ArfJason posted:

got all the marks as regular characters now i never have to play jhacob and esau gain glad all the aids is gone *plays tainted lazarus* oh no!!!!

Hard marks ????

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

of course arf is an og

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Im not bothering with hard on this one. Nonstop curses shops are trash the bullet speed blows.i WILL cheat engine the item u unlock tho supermush or w/e

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Ya

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Goongrats