Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM

SourKraut posted:

Prices... not horrible?

I looked away for the nanosecond they were up, I guess, what was it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

SourKraut posted:

Prices... not horrible?

dare I say reasonable?

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

SourKraut posted:

Prices... not horrible?

It was already somewhat high, so probably just a win it isn’t more expensive.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

SourKraut posted:

Prices... not horrible?

what, $100 bump on the high end?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I’m buying both lmao gently caress

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

AlternateAccount posted:

I looked away for the nanosecond they were up, I guess, what was it?

$799 on 11" and $1099 on 12.9"

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!
No new pen, as rumored? Or did I doze off during that bit?

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
the iPad was so far ahead of Android tablets that it killed the entire Android tablet market.

Then they just keep rubbing it in lmao.

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM

SourKraut posted:

$799 on 11" and $1099 on 12.9"

Oh... well poo poo. I will probably get one and then never use it for anything they're showing in this video.

lousy hat
Jul 17, 2004

bone appetit
Clapping Larry
I think Ray Smuckles just made a monster truck do a jump on the ipad pro

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Gonna buy an imac, two ipad pros, 12 airtags, and hermes keychains on my new apple card.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

My current 2020 iPad Pro was via Verizon; I wonder if they'll offer a trade-in/upgrade option, lol.

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

Not as taciturn, but still terribly powerful...

Why do they keep showing this pixelly F-Zero knockoff, is it the best game on Apple Silicon

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Plus 5G plus Pencil plus more storage plus AppleCare and you get pretty close to $2k.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

DoomTrainPhD posted:

the iPad was so far ahead of Android tablets that it killed the entire Android tablet market.

Then they just keep rubbing it in lmao.

TBF Google giving zero fucks at all about Android tablets didn't help matters

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I’m buying both lmao gently caress

I have like $350 worth of apple gift cards so yeah I'll just use that to bump it up to the higher spec device. This will probably retire my 2015 MBP as well.

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM

lousy hat posted:

I think Ray Smuckles just made a monster truck do a jump on the ipad pro

Now I want a white one with an I AM A SPECIAL BOY stencil on the back.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Pakistani Brad Pitt posted:

Why do they keep showing this pixelly F-Zero knockoff, is it the best game on Apple Silicon

No but it's fast and colourful so it looks nice in a sizzle reel.

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006

Pants Donkey posted:

Gonna buy an imac, two ipad pros, 12 airtags, and hermes keychains on my new apple card.

You mean your spouse's Apple card because something something equality.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

SourKraut posted:

My current 2020 iPad Pro was via Verizon; I wonder if they'll offer a trade-in/upgrade option, lol.

They’ll offer a few hundred at best unfortunately.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

LionArcher posted:

Like what do you want from your computer? Unless you're a gamer I don't see how these look so much better than widows crap.

I neeeeed pcie for reasons

and the gaming is surprisingly, ironically, the best it’s been in years

hell, just the stuff people get running via crossover, etc with like zero input from the developers is noteworthy

I don’t get the people who show up to these threads year after year to talk about how much they *aren’t* the target market for whatever comes out and goes on to be wildly successful

Inner Light
Jan 2, 2020

smackfu posted:

Plus 5G plus Pencil plus more storage plus AppleCare and you get pretty close to $2k.

Add the keyboard dock thing

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM

Pakistani Brad Pitt posted:

There are zero, zero, zero good games on Apple Silicon/Arcade. It's an absolute joke, somehow Apple understands gaming even less than they did 10 years ago.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

iPad Pro, AirTags, and AppleTV for me.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

I came in late (when they showed the color imacs) because I was at an appointment. Did they show off the drat airtags finally?

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

I came in late (when they showed the color imacs) because I was at an appointment. Did they show off the drat airtags finally?

Yeah that was the first thing. Whizbang af, $29!

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Yeah, $29 for one, $99 for four, but you gotta buy fobs separately if you want them.

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Yeah, 4 pack is $99

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

ah yep

lousy hat
Jul 17, 2004

bone appetit
Clapping Larry
was hoping for additional laptops, but I might finally update my appletv and ipad.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

Did they say whether Apple Card is still just for the US?

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

I'm ordering the new Apple TV ASAP. gently caress that dumb loving touchpad remote of the older models.

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006

where the gently caress is my iOS 14.5

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

AlternateAccount posted:

There are zero, zero, zero good games on Apple Silicon/Arcade. It's an absolute joke, somehow Apple understands gaming even less than they did 10 years ago.

my so likes the oceanhorn games. also there's that new fantasian but i haven't hosed with it yet. i mostly just do the nyt crossword on ios lol

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

glassyalabolas posted:

You mean your spouse's Apple card because something something equality.

It is pretty funny that not having family plans in the first place meant that couples were forced to get separate cards and then different credit limits which was bad press for Apple.

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM

lousy hat posted:

was hoping for additional laptops, but I might finally update my appletv and ipad.

We're all in a holding pattern until they make faster chips. No bigger pros. No bigger iMacs. Just entry level-ish stuff on this generation.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

they did! and only $29 a pop! (or $100 for a 4 pack)

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!
I was hoping for one more thing but looks like laptops will either be wwdc or late July

maybe November again, if we’re talking MBA, Mac Mini

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM

mediaphage posted:

my so likes the oceanhorn games. also there's that new fantasian but i haven't hosed with it yet. i mostly just do the nyt crossword on ios lol

I am probably biased against most tablet gaming. Just doesn't gel with me. I did the Arcade trial while I was visiting some family and would have tons of downtime. Thought I'd be buried in Quality Gaming. No.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

mediaphage posted:

Fantasian is really good, not-Everybody's Golf is really good, I haven't played the Platinum game that went on in the last dump but I'd be shocked if that wasn't at least decent.