Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
As if easy ed is taking the fall for this one and not any of the awful decisions he was actually responsible for

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

theghostpt posted:

Some talks that Agnelli is also gone :laugh:

Yeah some mafioso probably murdered him when this started to fall apart.

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

Once this plan is dead make it so any of the ESL break away clubs can't qualify for the champions league even if they finish top 4 for the next year or more, so right now Leicester, West ham, Everton and Leeds are in the CL next season. Same for Europa league, give smaller clubs a taste of European football for a while.

Edit: make it so every week they decide to not withdraw adds another year suspension. So Chelsea and Man City just miss out on next years.

Just Chamber fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Apr 20, 2021

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

LMAAAOOOOOO I've changed my mind about the ESL I'd watch this every week

bees everywhere
Nov 19, 2002

Mr Snips posted:

rip super league you never scored

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

sassassin posted:

G Nev has saved the PL and Sky TV.

Sir Gary

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

I shall devour your soul.
Grimey Drawer

rear end cobra posted:

Every single second of has been super entertaining

One other thing that's funny is how the corporate identity, the branding of the super league is hilariously shoddy and obviously cobbled together over a single all nighter

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Gigi Galli posted:

Yeah some mafioso probably murdered him when this started to fall apart.

JP Morgan came over to collect

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Dreams can’t be buy

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Just like. Who was the one who thought 'yeah we'll just slide through this plan to form our own league on a Monday night halfway through the season. Probably be fine'

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

the sex ghost posted:

Just like. Who was the one who thought 'yeah we'll just slide through this plan to form our own league on a Monday night halfway through the season. Probably be fine'

The story broke due to a leak, allegedly. They had no choice.

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

lmao

cadfael
Nov 7, 2010

Still wondering why Florentino Perez actually went on tv trying to sell this shite :dafuq:

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Another amazing thing about it all is that after the New York Times scooped the whole plan instead of giving some mealy-mouthed plausible denials everybody involved just went "gently caress yeah we're gonna do this and be legends".

Bharatrocity
Oct 20, 2005

One day son, all I own will still belong to the state

I'm an ESL legacy fan

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Karl Sharks posted:

has anyone said that?
seems that way but i'm just a dumb baseball poster enjoying the content and I'm not gonna go digging through the thread for posts to quote

most in this thread certainly get it, so enjoy the victory lap for now and I genuinely hope you're all successful in avoiding the sports cartel hellworld we've had for decades over here

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

https://twitter.com/eduardohagn/status/1384582976869183489?s=21

lmfao

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

cadfael posted:

Still wondering why Florentino Perez actually went on tv trying to sell this shite :dafuq:

Billionaire delusion

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Where were you when the ESL fell

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Feels very like that thick of it episode where they spend billions to set up a community bank and try and pretend it's not a big deal

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
lmao

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
lol @ everything

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
https://twitter.com/MikeKeegan_DM/status/1384582070677262341?s=19

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
I just realized that a handful of people in charge of these clubs resigned from organization’s like UEFA and a few others I can’t remember just a few days ago. Do they come crawling back or are all these idiots going to get the boot permentantly?

E: oh nevermind all the idiots are just resigning.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Badass

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

we did it, make this friggin forum top level already

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
I’m sad that the Super League killed Woodward. Rip Woody.

cadfael
Nov 7, 2010

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

Bharatrocity posted:

I'm an ESL legacy fan

new gangtag when

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Rad Valtar posted:

I just realized that a handful of people in charge of these clubs resigned from organization’s like UEFA and a few others I can’t remember just a few days ago. Do they come crawling back or are all these idiots going to get the boot permentantly?

this is why they're resigning. they know they came in with a halfcocked knife to a gunfight.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

greazeball posted:

new gangtag when

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

the popes toes
Oct 10, 2004

American billionaires demanding sanctions on Europe for anti-business UEFA cartel

Collateral
Feb 17, 2010

Just Chamber posted:

Same for Europa league, give smaller clubs a taste of European football for a while.

Bit harsh on the smaller clubs?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
https://twitter.com/DeadlineDayLive/status/1384585280104157184?s=19

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

If this gets the US cunts like the Glazers and Kronke out I will cum buckets

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

greazeball posted:

new gangtag when

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
as an ex world cup mod i like to think that i was part of why this forum became so popular. heck, i think all ex world cup mods can be proud of themselves.