Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Aw yeah, NECA has the license to use Bela Lugosi's likeness for Dracula

http://necaonline.com/2021/04/universal-monsters-action-figures-coming-in-2021-from-neca/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
https://www.target.com/p/transformers-generations-transformers-collaborative-marvel-comics-x-men-mash-up-ultimate-x-spanse/-/A-81262964

Did not know this existed, and I've seen some 90s x-men fans itt. On sale for half off at the moment.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

That was quick. It just came out like 10 days ago.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Davros1 posted:

Aw yeah, NECA has the license to use Bela Lugosi's likeness for Dracula

http://necaonline.com/2021/04/universal-monsters-action-figures-coming-in-2021-from-neca/

Genuinely would be way more excited for Carlos Villarías.

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

90s X-men was too late to grab most Transformers fans. By the time that hit Transformers were on the way out. It was a weird mashup choice targeting two different segments of fans IMO.

Now Ghostbusters or BTTF. Those make perfect sense.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They did BTTF, Ghostbusters, X-Men and Top Gun so far.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Nearly everyone I know that has bought it says it's terrible.

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Aphrodite posted:

They did BTTF, Ghostbusters, X-Men and Top Gun so far.

Forgot about Top Gun, but just proves out the point. Aside from X-men all of those were out in the mid 80s (BTTF 3 1990). X-Men TAS being out in what 92 / 93.

As someone born in 85 I have an affinity for all of those properties, but not like I do X-men TAS. My favorite transformers thing was a really dope sleeping bag, haha.

If that thing hits 20 bucks I'm down.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Rhyno posted:

Nearly everyone I know that has bought it says it's terrible.

Yeah maybe cartoon-wise they're different demographics, but I grew up with transformers cartoons and x-men comics, so I thought it was appealing, until everyone said it's just flimsy garbage.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Alright so I'm trying to jump on the detolf train thanks to this thread. We live near an ikea store but the site isn't delivering and the store apparently doesn't have any in stock. Does it usually take long to restock on these shelves?

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
I heard they were being discontinued.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Kingtheninja posted:

Alright so I'm trying to jump on the detolf train thanks to this thread. We live near an ikea store but the site isn't delivering and the store apparently doesn't have any in stock. Does it usually take long to restock on these shelves?

They've been discontinued as of January, so you're gonna have to go aftermarket for them now.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's only the black one that's discontinued, and not even globally.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Fuzz posted:

They've been discontinued as of January, so you're gonna have to go aftermarket for them now.

Somebody put Rhyno on suicide watch.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Aphrodite posted:

It's only the black one that's discontinued, and not even globally.

Ah that's good to know! I thought it was all of them. I don't like them, so I wasn't posting super close attention.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

So just white? That's not horrible - at least for me. My new desk area has white Micke's and a oak butcher block. I want to get some white Lack shelves so white Detolfs are cool. If my black Detolfs smash then 🤷

E: Still some black ones at my Ikea for now.

Vintersorg fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Apr 19, 2021

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Yeah the US is one of the regions with the black/brown one being discontinued. Lots of places are out of stock completely right now because of shortages, but white's not discontinued at least.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

BBTS has the PAK Tifa in stock now while Amiami still hasn't received it. Wonder what's going on there.

$50 cheaper from them though so I'm fine waiting.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Aphrodite posted:

BBTS has the PAK Tifa in stock now while Amiami still hasn't received it. Wonder what's going on there.

$50 cheaper from them though so I'm fine waiting.

That IS weird... At least that means they might exist in real life, it’s crazy how delayed those figures have been. I’m not even sure Tifa was supposed to be next? But from the promo pictures that one was probably my favorite so I’ll be optimistic and say this is good news. (I also preordered from AmiAmi.)

An Ounce of Gold
Jul 13, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Prophet of Nixon posted:

Where did you find the tiny He-Man?

I found it wrapped in a box! But I think others can find it on Amazon or BBTS. If you want all four (they also have Skeletor, Teela, and Battlecat) you can also get them in a bundle (it might be cheaper at BBTS for the bundle but cheaper on Amazon if you want just one and have prime).

He is super tiny and comes with more accessories than you'd think. He also has a tiny dagger and battle axe.

An Ounce of Gold fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Apr 20, 2021

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
They've been discontinuing the black detolfs for 5 or 6 years now.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas
I have a silly little question. A friend who I recently got into the recent X-Men reboot gifted me a few of the HOX/POX action figures and I was surprised to find that Omega Sentinel's toy head is white instead of her usual darker complexion. This is kind of a bummer to me because while she may be a pretty minor character, I do like her.

My wife occasionally paints minis for dnd and she suggested that it would probably be pretty feasible to just sort of... repaint her hair and touch up her skintones, and I know there's a pretty robust tradition of people customizing and altering action figures. Is this a fool's errand? Should I just pop her robot head on and hide her weird human face away.... forever?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Rhyno posted:

They've been discontinuing the black detolfs for 5 or 6 years now.

Yeah and detolfs were discontinued entirely for a few years around 2010.

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

How Wonderful! posted:

I have a silly little question. A friend who I recently got into the recent X-Men reboot gifted me a few of the HOX/POX action figures and I was surprised to find that Omega Sentinel's toy head is white instead of her usual darker complexion. This is kind of a bummer to me because while she may be a pretty minor character, I do like her.

My wife occasionally paints minis for dnd and she suggested that it would probably be pretty feasible to just sort of... repaint her hair and touch up her skintones, and I know there's a pretty robust tradition of people customizing and altering action figures. Is this a fool's errand? Should I just pop her robot head on and hide her weird human face away.... forever?

Go ahead and customize it. Hasbro really screwed up on this one but they have no plans to ever fix it. So customization is the only way to go as this is very likely the only Omega Sentinel figure for a long long while. I plan to do it eventually too. Painting heads is pretty easy too.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Factory put their Power Sword prop up and it's $550. Ouch.

https://www.factoryent.com/masters-of-the-universe-s/186.htm

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

I'm not a huge Transformers guy but have picked up a few of the New Age legends scale stuff. Anyone have any idea why these have gotten so expensive? They solicited a few new figs on BBTS today, and a recolor of Starscream is up to $80 bucks. I was excited for Optimus, but he's going to be over $100 bucks at this rate.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Tariffs. If you can find a place to order online from in japan or something, it'll be cheaper since they didn't decide to start a tariff fight for dumbshit reasons. Turns out when the majority of the stuff you offer is made in the country you decided to pick that fight with, poo poo gets more expensive for no reason whatsoever.

One of the reasons hot toys is so goddamn expensive, besides the "we can charge nerds a lot more for these" part. You can get em sometimes 60-80 bucks off if you order em from singapore. Shipping is still a bitch and a half though.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Am I better off buying a Hot Toys figure from Singapore or whatever and then getting bled dry on shipping, or buying from BBTS and having $4 flat rate shipping?

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.

Xenomrph posted:

Am I better off buying a Hot Toys figure from Singapore or whatever and then getting bled dry on shipping, or buying from BBTS and having $4 flat rate shipping?

Always check toysbuyingagent.com, they ship from HK but shipping is free and sometimes the figures are cheaper too. They do flex pricing based on demand but I’ve gotten a couple figures for way under sideshow/bbts prices buying from them.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Colonel Whitey posted:

Always check toysbuyingagent.com, they ship from HK but shipping is free and sometimes the figures are cheaper too. They do flex pricing based on demand but I’ve gotten a couple figures for way under sideshow/bbts prices buying from them.

Woah, thanks for the link to this site. I'm going to pass that along to a friend of mine.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Colonel Whitey posted:

Woah, I’ve never heard of that site. I want to get the HT Avengers Rescue armor but if I can save a buck I’m all for it.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

ToysWonderland is in HK too and lets you pay $100 extra to get your Hot Toys 2-3 months before anyone else does, if you really need to flex.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

yay. Another Target exclusive.

https://twitter.com/preterniadotcom/status/1384611899732418561?s=20

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Not again

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
God dammit. Not Bludd, not like this :negative:

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Someone page Fuzz :kheldragar:

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Xenomrph posted:

Someone page Fuzz :kheldragar:

:smithicide:

The Black Series Clone Wars set is also a Target exclusive.

:smithicide::smithicide:

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Friday The 13th (Street Date): Store Exclusive Part VII: The New Bludd

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Hahaha gently caress target, that honks real bad. Maybe one of you kind Amerigoons can hook me up in frigid Canuckistania.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.

Xenomrph posted:

Woah, I’ve never heard of that site. I want to get the HT Avengers Rescue armor but if I can save a buck I’m all for it.

Hrm, doesn't look like they have it for preorder on the site anymore. Check back when the figure is released, they may re-stock it.