Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Elliptical Dick posted:

So the Guardian just posted this meeting hasn't actually happened yet.

Random non verified twitter account wouldn't make stuff up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Frank Mccourt also now owns ... Marseille, I think, and the fans don't like him at all

he might win over the fans yet now that Eyraud is no longer Pres, but we'll see

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

sassassin posted:

G Nev still bringing the fire.

Hope he starts speaking out about his employer moving games for more money even when it means ridiculous journeys for the away fans.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

How does Barca have that much debt

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

are you talking about Ceferin, City, or Rob Harris because you could make an argument for all
Ceferin this time. A big, juicy clown.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
In hindsight I don't think anything is going to top Perez' insane interview and claim that football is dead and would be over by 2024 or whenever

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

Turns out if you just keep buying whatever the hell players you like that starts to really add up in the red column

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group

Turns out a two-party arms race in an uncompetitive league no one watches is a path to ruin.

Elliptical Dick
Oct 11, 2008

I made the bald man cry
into the turtle stew

Lionel Messi's insane contract comes to mind

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Elliptical Dick posted:

Lionel Messi's insane contract comes to mind

Also spending like £145m on Coutinho haha

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Frank Mccourt also now owns ... Marseille, I think, and the fans don't like him at all
Is he paying a Russian psychic six figures to try to influence the results like he did when he owned the Major League Baseball team?

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
And £100m on Dembele

And £120m on Greaseman

an_mutt
Sep 29, 2010

I was,
I am,
and I remain a soldier!

Sworn to dedicate my heart and soul to the restoration of human kind!

rear end cobra posted:

Give the gang tags to the 12 posters with the most debt

so to whoever's studied for a degree in the last decade?

Elliptical Dick
Oct 11, 2008

I made the bald man cry
into the turtle stew

Frankston posted:

Also spending like £145m on Coutinho haha

Loling at the performance bonus they had to pay for Bayern knocking them out of the CL that time

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
£195,012,000 on Liverpool players as well

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
Haaland spanish lessons are OFF

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
billionaires going back under their rocks
scummy cops going to prison

happy 4:20 indeed

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

it's mostly from transfers, wages and from other earlier debt.They also I think used to have a lot easier access to domestic money (loans) but now even that isn't enough. They typically make a ton of money too though, so in the board's minds they probably think they just need to get past this. Probably also why the guaranteed money sounds appealing.

Now the new extra-online Barca theory (that in no way is designed to make them look as least bad as possible) states that Barca actually want to leave but they would have to pay a penalty to leave, so to avoid it they need to have it put to a vote so the club supporters can say no.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque puņ essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

Also give the person who didn't know Portuguese existed a custom title.

can we have a breakaway gangtag that says Super League Jegacy Fan in portuguese colours?

the best part will be not just how little sense that joke makes now, but how it'll make even less sense in future, the best kind of joke

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Carragher's patting everyone on the back for a job well done while Gary's trying to tell people it's just the start if we want real meaningful change.

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group
It's really sad because 10-15 years ago Barca's youth programs and team were talk of Europe and basically the biggest reason why Spain finally won the WC. Then the pipeline dried up and instead of re-priming the pump they just took their money and dumped it into mid and late career players whose contracts would quickly become albatrosses.

The best comparison is like the LA Angels and Albert Pujol's absurd 10-year contract. But like, a whole team of that.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

why did they buy griezmann also. like, it makes no sense even.

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

peanut- posted:

Juve merda

Happy to see Arsenal up top but quite surprising seeing as out of all of the "big six" Arsenal has the most to gain from all this.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

sassassin posted:

Carragher's patting everyone on the back for a job well done
"Hey guys thanks for not nuking downtown lets go get some beers"

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Just Chamber posted:

Happy to see Arsenal up top but quite surprising seeing as out of all of the "big six" Arsenal has the most to gain from all this.

say what you want against either north london club, they actually care about the local rivalry and the wider competition

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

also perez was supposed to join an interview but he noshowed. meeting with other clubs is still going on lol

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Still lolling at the owners crumpling like a crisp packet on a fire after one day and having no plans or strategy beyond 'we announce it, all the arsenal fan TV types are made up they get to do champions league last 16 every week forever, job done'

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque puņ essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

dex_sda posted:

why did they buy griezmann also. like, it makes no sense even.

remember when Newcastle signed Michael Owen for what was huge money at the time and then presented him in front of a packed stadium like he was a trophy that they'd won

then his knee bent the wrong way six months later

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

https://twitter.com/sistoney67/status/1384624005571825664

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
Hang in there Florentino!!

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

peanut- posted:

Juve merda

code:
J U V E M E R D A
U V E M E R D A J
V E M E R D A J U
E M E R D A J U V
M E R D A J U V E
E R D A J U V E M
R D A J U V E M E
D A J U V E M E R
A J U V E M E R D

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

FullLeatherJacket posted:

can we have a breakaway gangtag that says Super League Jegacy Fan in portuguese colours?

the best part will be not just how little sense that joke makes now, but how it'll make even less sense in future, the best kind of joke

seeing a parmos tag a solid decade after the original jokes makes me do a tiny fistpump every time, godspeed

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Pook Good Mook posted:

It's really sad because 10-15 years ago Barca's youth programs and team were talk of Europe and basically the biggest reason why Spain finally won the WC. Then the pipeline dried up and instead of re-priming the pump they just took their money and dumped it into mid and late career players whose contracts would quickly become albatrosses.

The best comparison is like the LA Angels and Albert Pujol's absurd 10-year contract. But like, a whole team of that.
Did Barcelona spend a decade buying an endless stream of about-to-be-too-old strikers while neglecting their dogshit defense/goalkeeping?

Mr Snips
Jan 9, 2009

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

Also give the person who didn't know Portuguese existed a custom title.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/Everton/status/1384423250256609280?s=19

Gonna be awkward in the prem

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

bawfuls posted:

Did Barcelona spend a decade buying an endless stream of about-to-be-too-old strikers while neglecting their dogshit defense/goalkeeping?

that's why it's the best comparison yes

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Vando posted:

that's why it's the best comparison yes
incredible stuff

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

https://twitter.com/gunnerblog/status/1384624472116932608?s=19

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Guess there's relegation after all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

Pretend I made a funny post about arsenal getting knocked out of another competition in record time, or something