Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Question.
This poll is closed.
Yes. 76 50.67%
No. 74 49.33%
Total: 127 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

facialimpediment posted:

The only true justice is Floyd still being alive, but that's second place.

No truer words have been spoken.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I got a lump in my throat, dudes.

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020
So say we all

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Guilty on all three charges. A good start.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Thank gently caress for a non-stupid jury.

citybeatnik
Mar 1, 2013

You Are All
WEIRDOS

So what sort of prison time are we looking at?

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

gently caress...........................feels good man.

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

facialimpediment posted:

The only true justice is Floyd still being alive, but that's second place.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ also this ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this
Have to admit I did not expect it to go that way, thank god my pessimism was misplaced. 2 months till sentencing.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

citybeatnik posted:

So what sort of prison time are we looking at?

From CNN:

quote:

The charges are to be considered separate, so he can be convicted of all, some or none of them. If convicted, Chauvin could face up to 40 years in prison for second-degree murder, up to 25 years for third-degree murder, and up to 10 years for second-degree manslaughter.

The actual sentences would likely be much lower, though, because Chauvin has no prior convictions. Minnesota's sentencing guidelines recommend about 12.5 years in prison for each murder charge and about four years for the manslaughter charge. The judge would ultimately decide the exact length and whether those would be served at the same time or back-to-back.

His bail also got revoked on-the-spot (apparently common in Minnesota), so bye.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
lmao, r/protectandserve and I'm sure every other cop/racist place out there are convinced there will be riots even after the conviction. Get hosed you bootlicking fucks.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

Now let's move forward with his tax fraud cases just to be safe

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Holy poo poo, a hat trick :stare:

Volkova III
Jan 5, 2021
Hot diggity drat.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aaplovE3vsg

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

facialimpediment posted:

From CNN:

His bail also got revoked on-the-spot (apparently common in Minnesota), so bye.

Dammmnnnn already had that last breath of free air, hoped it choked the filthy degenerate.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

fknlo posted:

lmao, r/protectandserve and I'm sure every other cop/racist place out there are convinced there will be riots even after the conviction. Get hosed you bootlicking fucks.

They could be right, but not in the way they think.

I think there's a moderate probability of cop-induced riots. Enough of that blue wall bullshit came down with fellow cops testifying against him, but like other cities' cops give a flying gently caress about their authority being questioned.

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020
When was the last time a cop was looking at this mind of sentencing?

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

facialimpediment posted:

I think there's a moderate probability of cop-induced riots. Enough of that blue wall bullshit came down with fellow cops testifying against him, but like other cities give a flying gently caress about their authority being questioned.

They just think the blacks are set to riot no matter what.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

facialimpediment posted:

I think there's a moderate probability of cop-induced riots. Enough of that blue wall bullshit came down with fellow cops testifying against him, but like other cities give a flying gently caress about their authority being questioned.

I saw someone speculate that people would be celebrating and cops would show up and be cops and you know the rest

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

fknlo posted:

Considering the cops start most riots they're probably will be

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Protectandserve on suicide watch

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CainFortea posted:

Considering the cops start most riots they're probably will be

Honestly, I think you’re more likely to see massive non response to call and non enforcement of all but the biggest offenses, which isn’t actually bad per se, but is good for scaring people

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Honestly, I think you’re more likely to see massive non response to call and non enforcement of all but the biggest offenses, which isn’t actually bad per se, but is good for scaring people

They pulled this poo poo in some cities when he was fired and/or charged originally if I remember right. I wouldn't be surprised.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
1 conviction is a good start

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

Would be a shame for a Blue Flu epidemic to spring up while we're still deep into the COVID pandemic

Pine Cone Jones
Dec 6, 2009

You throw me the acorn, I throw you the whip!
https://twitter.com/nowthisnews/status/1384614881454919687

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Thank gently caress for a non-stupid jury.

BUG JUG posted:

gently caress...........................feels good man.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
The right is so mad. So, so mad.

It's alright though, this was more or less predetermined to happen for the safety of the jurors and will be thrown out on appeal because of that. MAXINE WATERS making threats and all. lmfao

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
I like this pigs-to-prisons pipeline.

Pine Cone Jones
Dec 6, 2009

You throw me the acorn, I throw you the whip!

fknlo posted:

It's alright though, this was more or less predetermined to happen for the safety of the jurors and will be thrown out on appeal because of that. MAXINE WATERS making threats and all. lmfao

https://twitter.com/justinbaragona/status/1384617783254716426

Seeing this on Fox News is baffling.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

fknlo posted:

I will say it was odd they couldn’t get the trial moved or sequestered. Not that it should change anything, just surprised the Defense couldn’t even win those.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Guess they cleared out the booze stash from her dressing room.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Pine Cone Jones posted:

Seeing this on Fox News is baffling.

I'm with the Twitter Lefties on this one. Chauvin will be the right's "see, that's a bad cop, everyone else is good though" sacrificial case.

MazelTovCocktail posted:

I will say it was odd they couldn’t get the trial moved or sequestered. Not that it should change anything, just surprised the Defense couldn’t even win those.

https://twitter.com/Popehat/status/1384290378350661633

I always thought sequestering was just The Thing That Was Done in big cases. I've probably watched too much TV.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/AlexNBCNews/status/1384619869119918083?s=20

That has to be fake right? There's just no loving way that's an actual quote being reported by a news person.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?
Sequestering was that show starring Roy Scheider, right?

The one with the dolphin?

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

facialimpediment posted:

I'm with the Twitter Lefties on this one. Chauvin will be the right's "see, that's a bad cop, everyone else is good though" sacrificial case.

https://twitter.com/Popehat/status/1384290378350661633

I always thought sequestering was just The Thing That Was Done in big cases. I've probably watched too much TV.

I agree it’s uncommon, but you’d think this ticks all the boxes.

Also that Twitter take is probably not too far off, but I mean even Ted Cruz was saying this was hosed back when it happened.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned

facialimpediment posted:

https://mobile.twitter.com/alexnbcnews/status/1384619869119918083?s=21

Yeah it's going to be the see that's a bad cop for the neoliberals in power too

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Aaaaaaaand it's gone:

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1384624025234808833

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

boop the snoot posted:

I saw someone speculate that people would be celebrating and cops would show up and be cops and you know the rest

Remember the drive-by pepperspray?

Yeah, cops are going to start some poo poo.