Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
Ding Dong sounds vietnamese to me tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

"Ding Dong, the witch is de-"

"Woah, what did you call me??"

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
I thought HH leaving Earwolf was a solid choice, but I do wonder now a few months in if losing that structure to interact with is going to hurt the show. That was a big part of the current version and they're still referencing Earwolf all the time. They're going to have to come up with something else eventually.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

SunshineDanceParty posted:

I thought HH leaving Earwolf was a solid choice, but I do wonder now a few months in if losing that structure to interact with is going to hurt the show. That was a big part of the current version and they're still referencing Earwolf all the time. They're going to have to come up with something else eventually.

i think it would be really funny if they still keep talking about earwolf 2 years from now

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Snooze Cruise posted:

i think it would be really funny if they still keep talking about earwolf 2 years from now

I hope they're not still making HH two years from now. It was my favorite show for a long time, but even with skipping episodes if I'm not excited about the guests these days, I like I feel like there have been some clunkers lately. I'm still excited when they guest on other pods, so it's not like I think they stopped being funny or anything, I just think the show is pretty tired now. My boys ranking is probably Action Boyz 1, Doughboys 2 and HH 3 atm.

Dr Kool-AIDS fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Apr 14, 2021

cams
Mar 28, 2003

someone please help me

what flagrant ones episode has the fan submitted song parody of "all i do is win" with the line about eating something and then making GBS threads it out their butt

i'll accept just the song by itself as well

edit: found it, ep 109.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RB82_aGzU1M&feature=youtu.be

ALL I DO IS EAT SLIM JIMS TIL I THROW UP, I SHOVE EM IN MY MOUTH TIL I poo poo EM OUT MY BUTT

cams fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Apr 14, 2021

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Sinteres posted:

I hope they're not still making HH two years from now. It was my favorite show for a long time, but even with skipping episodes if I'm not excited about the guests these days, I like I feel like there have been some clunkers lately. I'm still excited when they guest on other pods, so it's not like I think they stopped being funny or anything, I just think the show is pretty tired now. My boys ranking is probably Action Boyz 1, Doughboys 2 and HH 3 atm.

I think they need to start being in the same room again or something. They have the zoom podcast editing thing down to a science but there's still some level of disruption in the rhythm.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Puppy Galaxy posted:

I think they need to start being in the same room again or something. They have the zoom podcast editing thing down to a science but there's still some level of disruption in the rhythm.

yea i think all my favorite podcasts are suffering some from this, like i straight up gave up on doughboys after a month of them zoom calling podcasts, something about the energy just felt way different and i didnt like it. I'll come back once they can podcast in the same room again maybe. HH I'm too loyal too though, and also i just love The Boys's brand of humor and I can't really get it anywhere else

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

i feel like the difference in energy is that they seem happy lol

EmotionlessThug
Feb 14, 2012

i still like the show and i think the recent episodes have been good. but thats just me.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
Very excited for raisin canes tomorrow so I can get to the bottom of what trump was talking about all those years ago. Something about a chicken tender pilot?

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

The one Carl Calls His Cousin where they were together also had a much better repartee than the usual call.

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Opinions are like a$$holes....everyone has one....but mines the best!!!

Sinteres posted:

This opinion is bad.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Puppy Galaxy posted:

That makes a lot of sense, and definitely could be a part of it.

eke out posted:

i feel like the difference in energy is that they seem happy lol

My gut feeling is that just having a lot more going on these days has a lot to do with it. Like even just from podcasts alone, I feel like someone probably brings a different energy to a record when it's the only one they're doing for a week vs doing three or four every week without even counting guest appearances, even aside from the difference in energy doing a podcast year one vs doing a podcast year 7 or 8.

RestingB1tchFace posted:

This opinion is bad.

Sorry, I'll try to do better.

Dr Kool-AIDS fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Apr 15, 2021

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Sinteres posted:

My gut feeling is that just having a lot more going on these days has a lot to do with it. Like even just from podcasts alone, I feel like someone probably brings a different energy to a record when it's the only one they're doing for a week vs doing three or four every week without even counting guest appearances, even aside from the difference in energy doing a podcast year one vs doing a podcast year 7 or 8.

tbh i think the bigger factor is likely that every professional writer in hollywood apparently spends like 10 hours a day on zoom already, and now instead of hanging out with your friends it's just another work zoom you have to do

that said i've loved the content recently and my actual impression is they seem more comfortable and less unhappy than they were. i assume a large part of this is because 30% of a 41k/month patreon (probably some other actual number but they were talking about splitting the flagrant ones 30-30-30-10) is an absolute shitload more money than earwolf ever paid anyone for HH

also try monthThe Podcaster's Promise was very good

eke out fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Apr 15, 2021

Mr. Grumpybones
Apr 18, 2002
"We're falling out of the sky! We're going down! We're a silver gleaming death machine!"
Podcasters Promise was absolutely great. Can’t wait for the resolution. Will A.I. Scott Aukerman face justice?? Either way it’s going to be a train wreck and I look forward to it.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
honestly i have a hard time following it, its rather convulted. hopefully they'll do a recap.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

i have been enjoying the latest recurring HH/Flagrant Ones bit "I'm shy"

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
The Superego/Wild Horses live show was very good and well worth the $5.

I hope LA performers continue to do streaming stuff post-pandemic.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Watching it when I get home, excited. I miss live comedy dearly.

Flaskraven
Nov 20, 2012

I hope you get crushed to death by a fat guy trying to commit suicide by falling out of a window and when the paramedics answer the local bystander asking if you'll live, he just says "fat chance" and laughs.
The Boys did an ad for Blowback season 2 this ep. Also Hayes talked about Felix Biederman on Yeah but Still. Universes are colliding.

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Flaskraven posted:

The Boys did an ad for Blowback season 2 this ep. Also Hayes talked about Felix Biederman on Yeah but Still. Universes are colliding.

I know I'll never get the cum town/HH crossover of my dreams due to the boys being too nice, but there's really no reason for hayes not to have gone on chapo already

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Opinions are like a$$holes....everyone has one....but mines the best!!!

Puppy Galaxy posted:

I know I'll never get the cum town/HH crossover of my dreams due to the boys being too nice, but there's really no reason for hayes not to have gone on chapo already

My buddy sent me their Steven Seagal segment a few months back. Hilarious stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BzIHyF7UWY4

Flaskraven
Nov 20, 2012

I hope you get crushed to death by a fat guy trying to commit suicide by falling out of a window and when the paramedics answer the local bystander asking if you'll live, he just says "fat chance" and laughs.

Puppy Galaxy posted:

When Will interviewed Nithya I think he mentioned Hayes. They seem to sort of know each other. I guess the controversy wouldn't be worth it. I'm guessing they might lose guests if they did it.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Flaskraven posted:

When Will interviewed Nithya I think he mentioned Hayes. They seem to sort of know each other. I guess the controversy wouldn't be worth it. I'm guessing they might lose guests if they did it.

If there's any risk there for Hayes, it probably has to do more with offending Big Dem Hollywood donors he (and his wife) has to interact with for his day job than anything having to do with podcasting.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.

Sinteres posted:

If there's any risk there for Hayes, it probably has to do more with offending Big Dem Hollywood donors he (and his wife) has to interact with for his day job than anything having to do with podcasting.

Huh? you're absolutely overthinking things. The Raman race in terms of city council and local election races was definitely insanely competitive and big money but individual donor limits are capped at $800 so you saw an aggressive ground campaign driven by local interest in a progressive council district that wanted change. Lots of intra-democratic squabbling happens in hollywood every day and people just move on and continue the work. I won't pretend to know anyones internal motivations for doing what they do but I really doubt Hayes has avoided appearing on Chapo because of BIG DEM HOLLYWOOD.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

hayes is too busy hobnobbing with the fat cats in smoke-filled back rooms (this is especially hard because he's shy)

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

Washington Handbook: An Insider's Guide to Kicking Butt and Dropping Names in the Smoke-Filled Back Hallways of this Industry We Call Politics

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Fellatio del Toro posted:

Washington Handbook: An Insider's Guide to Kicking Butt and Dropping Names in the Smoke-Filled Back Hallways of this Industry We Call Politics

I'd kill for this.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.
Sooo it was George Soros, Bill Clinton, E from Entourage, and we were all at a 10k a plate Beverly Hills fundraiser for Biden.

yorkinshire
Apr 28, 2009

In space no one can hear your dope beats.
HH reached out to cumtown to appear on each other's shows at one point, I doubt they would have a problem with a chapo appearance.

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

yorkinshire posted:

HH reached out to cumtown to appear on each other's shows at one point, I doubt they would have a problem with a chapo appearance.

pretty sure you’re thinking of an ad swap someone at Earwolf proposed to cum town in an email nick happened to get and read on air.

anyway I don’t think going on Chapo is a particularly controversial move except for, like, k-hive people or the 40 people who think they’re secretly fash or whatever. Nithya did it. but I can only imagine he’s turned them down at this point

yorkinshire
Apr 28, 2009

In space no one can hear your dope beats.

Puppy Galaxy posted:

pretty sure you’re thinking of an ad swap someone at Earwolf proposed to cum town in an email nick happened to get and read on air.

anyway I don’t think going on Chapo is a particularly controversial move except for, like, k-hive people or the 40 people who think they’re secretly fash or whatever. Nithya did it. but I can only imagine he’s turned them down at this point

Ah yeah that was it.

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.

JethroMcB posted:

The Superego/Wild Horses live show was very good and well worth the $5.

I hope LA performers continue to do streaming stuff post-pandemic.
Gorley just quietly saying "I'm hacking" when they were talking about the Bank of America PIN killed me.

Flaskraven
Nov 20, 2012

Puppy Galaxy posted:

anyway I don’t think going on Chapo is a particularly controversial move except for, like, k-hive people

So like 70% of Hollywood?

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.

Flaskraven posted:

So like 70% of Hollywood?

People here vastly over estimate how much hollywood cares about your political stances as much as it does make headlines. Like, loving Mel Gibson is working again in mainstream stuff.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Chef Kevin go on Cumtown

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

soggybagel posted:

Huh? you're absolutely overthinking things. The Raman race in terms of city council and local election races was definitely insanely competitive and big money but individual donor limits are capped at $800 so you saw an aggressive ground campaign driven by local interest in a progressive council district that wanted change. Lots of intra-democratic squabbling happens in hollywood every day and people just move on and continue the work. I won't pretend to know anyones internal motivations for doing what they do but I really doubt Hayes has avoided appearing on Chapo because of BIG DEM HOLLYWOOD.

Tbf the reason I said if to start with is because I didn't really think it was that big a deal. I just meant if there was any real concern about appearing, I'd assume impact on his day job would matter a whole lot more than whether a guest or two might be mad.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

I just love that Jason and Paul took an entire hour to dissect the Fast 9 trailer. I can't wait to hear the episode when it finally comes out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
Teachers Lounge did tons of stuff with Chapo and no one got mad