Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

I think the heir normally kills each demiurge in succession. Never together.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Demiurge4 posted:

I think Jags has miscalculated here. Solomon is about to go all out.

I'm not sure he has, I think most (except incubus who needs a sword lmao loving loser) have been holding back to one degree or another and are free to go full final destination now that they can vent all excess power into space instead of planet busting

blastron
Dec 11, 2007

Don't doodle on it!

Incubus's frantic search for a sword is a tell-tale sign that he is not truly a student of the principal art of Cutting.

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

Given how we've seen Gog do gently caress all I wonder if she's going to do a heel-turn

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

Farg posted:

so jagg is basically sans

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

Xand_Man posted:

Given how we've seen Gog do gently caress all I wonder if she's going to do a heel-turn

i mean she's canonically the strongest demiurge, so jagg knows once he starts going all out she's going to fight for real, and itll be horrifying

well strongest demiurge that isnt jagg i guess

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Xand_Man posted:

She's gonna be nasty as hell, way worse than dirt boy incubus, just full on complete sicko

And how the hell will it be a heel turn she's terrible

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

I assume shes just going to invoke the terms of service on every worm in the universes and go full tetsuo

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Demiurge4 posted:

I think Jags has miscalculated here. Solomon is about to go all out.

From the sound of his speech Jagg seems fully aware of their unleashed capabilities and remains certain of victory.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL

Varinn posted:

I assume shes just going to invoke the terms of service on every worm in the universes and go full tetsuo

:stonklol: yeah that sounds about right

Rhaka
Feb 15, 2008

Practice knighthood and learn
the art that dignifies you

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

I'm not sure he has, I think most (except incubus who needs a sword lmao loving loser) have been holding back to one degree or another and are free to go full final destination now that they can vent all excess power into space instead of planet busting

blastron posted:

Incubus's frantic search for a sword is a tell-tale sign that he is not truly a student of the principal art of Cutting.

Meti's Sword Manual, Precept 16 posted:

The weak swordsman clings to his instrument. It is better you have a sword, but death must lie under your fingernails, if need be. Learn death with your elbows, death with your knees, and death with your thumbs and fingertips. It is said death with the tongue is useful, but I find words too soft an instrument to smash a man’s skull.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

No wonder Incubus gets bullied so much if he's this dependent on a sharp stick of metal and then still only brings one to the final battle to decide the fate of everything.

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

I suspect he's going to get another.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
My prediction: Aspected Chaos is going to wild card this showdown, and I don't mean in a fisticuffs way.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

habeasdorkus posted:

Solomon David might very well punt Jaggs into the sun. Or both suns. Ofc, it remains to be seen if that'd actually inconvenience Jaggs.

He's both indestructible and he can teleport, so probably not. It would be rad as hell though so I still want to see it get tried.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

He apparently feels pain and that amount of sunburn's got to do something mentally if not physically.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

the whole deal seems to be he feels pain and yet he's able to withstand solomon just full on hundred hand slapping his sack around with no true mental nor physical duress

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?
We have yet to see Jagg's or Jadis's name card drop (bearer of the word, god-king of the seven part world, etc.)

Cryophage
Jan 14, 2012

what the hell is that creepy cartoon thing in your avatar?

Cowcaster posted:

the whole deal seems to be he feels pain and yet he's able to withstand solomon just full on hundred hand slapping his sack around with no true mental nor physical duress

Counterpoint: The dramatic smoke has cleared enough to show us that the Jagga-hog has been slapped into ken doll-like smoothness.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:

sirtommygunn posted:

No wonder Incubus gets bullied so much if he's this dependent on a sharp stick of metal and then still only brings one to the final battle to decide the fate of everything.

poo poo jaggs fights with weapons and he still bought like 8 swords (one of which is sentient) and a bow with him

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

President Ark posted:

poo poo jaggs fights with weapons and he still bought like 8 swords (one of which is sentient) and a bow with him

And it's not like he gives much of a crap when he runs out of them.

Ocean of Milk
Jun 25, 2018

oh yeah
Okay, so what the hell is it with this comic and Inc and Jagg? Also according to Incubus Allison is the true heir (whatever that actually implies), but Jagg says something different now. Guess he didn't think it's true?

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

maswastaken posted:

He apparently feels pain and that amount of sunburn's got to do something mentally if not physically.

he's also a loving insane paingod who'll just--

Cowcaster posted:

--yeah. White Chain spelled at he's p much at demiurge 2 which isn't just twice as hardass but beyond hardass

Cryophage posted:

Counterpoint: The dramatic smoke has cleared enough to show us that the Jagga-hog has been slapped into ken doll-like smoothness.

lies this is merely because of hog-thirst and is a defect in webcomics as an artform

e:

Ocean of Milk posted:

Okay, so what the hell is it with this comic and Inc and Jagg? Also according to Incubus Allison is the true heir (whatever that actually implies), but Jagg says something different now. Guess he didn't think it's true?

maybe "true heir" isn't Zaid or Alison but the real deal one from the loop where Zoss wins? And he can't know if this is the one where Zoss wins because it hasn't happened yet. But he does know whatever he's been doing has been rattling the bars in the time cage and shaking poo poo up over metatime. And he intends to die anyway, knows who's stronk and who's not because even though all 7 of them stabbed him with the mega binding it only lasts for a few minutes max.

SniperWoreConverse fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Apr 21, 2021

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Varinn posted:

She doesn't have to; Did you not see how she recovered after Jagganoth nuked his way into the world? She can just create more worms as she pleases. Endless combining worms working as one in whatever form she pleases. It's just that one worm generally spreads across the Universe a lot easier than a billion.

Ocean of Milk posted:

Incubus is an idiot child with a sharp stick. Jagg also never agrees that Allison is the true heir in that comic either.

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

Ocean of Milk posted:

jagganoth so firmly believes in the endless loop that he considers this a failed loop because the hero didn't get the key. his flaw, revealed by all of this monologuing, is that the only two possible worlds he can imagine is The Loop and Complete Temporal Obliteration. he doesn't just doubt that changing the pattern could change anything, he fundamentally believes that change isnt even a concept that exists.

he's just cleaning up a game zoss didn't set up right, in his mind

standard.deviant
May 17, 2012

Globally Indigent

Varinn posted:

jagganoth so firmly believes in the endless loop that he considers this a failed loop because the hero didn't get the key. his flaw, revealed by all of this monologuing, is that the only two possible worlds he can imagine is The Loop and Complete Temporal Obliteration. he doesn't just doubt that changing the pattern could change anything, he fundamentally believes that change isnt even a concept that exists.

he's just cleaning up a game zoss didn't set up right, in his mind
He says in today’s comic that he “risks destabilizing” the loop, but then immediately brushes off the implications because The Work. I think he’s another Sunk Cost Fallacy Villain.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
plus even with allison's "limitless potential" he still has absolutely no faith that anyone will be able to stop his work, he actually is working on a level beyond everyone else.

It's like knowing your dickhead older brother is going to reset the video games every time it seems like he's going to lose, and you know it's gonna happen but have a plan to beat him before he can push the button? Idk.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
MOM JAGGANOTH BROKE THE PLAYSTATION

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

Incubus may be an obsessive murderer who clings to his weapon, but he didn't get read in on the whole cycle thing (due to not being attached to Metatron) and he still managed a better plan than anyone else inside time and some of them outside of it (become the mentor to the Rising King).

That scene with Jagganoth only shows him to be an idiot if Allison loses the Second Conquest, and I wouldn't bet on red, quite frankly.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

standard.deviant posted:

He says in today’s comic that he “risks destabilizing” the loop, but then immediately brushes off the implications because The Work. I think he’s another Sunk Cost Fallacy Villain.

still standing by my theory that every demiurge’s Word basically represents their personal epiphanic prison, and as the bearer of the word Blade and avatar of the sanctioned action, Jagganoth is incapable of anything other than the Cut, annihilation of the self and everything around it. he’s trying to leverage that to what he thinks is a constructive end, but so did Solomon

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

Ocean of Milk posted:

The way Incubus emphasizes "she IS the true heir" to me implies that it's a matter of existing disagreement.

Anyway LOL at everyone who was ever saying mr "i need a sword i need a sword" was 'Meti's REAL apprentice' or the like.

Hempuli
Nov 16, 2011

SniperWoreConverse posted:

MOM JAGGANOTH BROKE THE PLAYSTATION

Countless times have I witnessed this neverending cycle, full of pain and suffering...
I refuse to be under its control any longer; I shall break free of these chains of inevitability!

*Snaps the Mario Kart cartridge in half and throws the SNES through the window*

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?

reignonyourparade posted:

Anyway LOL at everyone who was ever saying mr "i need a sword i need a sword" was 'Meti's REAL apprentice' or the like.
Incubus: Mr. Jagganoth is helping me find my sword.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

I wonder which future Jadis saw, the future that was part of the loop or the future that's actually coming?

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
I guess now we know why the universe is... wait...

It's all a great unending wheel... but the universe is only somewhat wheel-shaped. So... Jadis probably only sees this cycle, whatever that means.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
I can't help but wonder if Maya was the Demiurge and not Incubus in previous cycles.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

FuturePastNow posted:

I wonder which future Jadis saw, the future that was part of the loop or the future that's actually coming?

The images on her slab during the prophecy imply the actual future to me.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog

reignonyourparade posted:

The way Incubus emphasizes "she IS the true heir" to me implies that it's a matter of existing disagreement.

I suspect Jagganoth is ready to believe that Zoss picked her because how else would this rando have gone that far? But he thinks her weakness proves her to be a failed experiment and that nothing has really changed.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Jaggs you're currently talking to three entities fused together in a way that shouldn't be possible immediately after one of them transformed her entire being I think maybe it was the other heirs that weren't quite true.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

YaketySass posted:

I suspect Jagganoth is ready to believe that Zoss picked her because how else would this rando have gone that far? But he thinks her weakness proves her to be a failed experiment and that nothing has really changed.

If you look at it by Visual Novel logic, I think Jaggs reckons we're out in the weeds on one of the weird divergent paths rather than enroute to the "True" ending they're striving to get to.