Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

LionArcher posted:

You don't think he'll either kill himself or the moment somebody in that prison can he won't be brutally murdered after probably weeks of torture by fellow inmates? Because that seems to me to be the most likely outcome.

People like this never get exposed to the general prison population.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

LionArcher posted:

You don't think he'll either kill himself or the moment somebody in that prison can he won't be brutally murdered after probably weeks of torture by fellow inmates? Because that seems to me to be the most likely outcome.

he might off himself. sure he will never see general and etc but i suspect it might break his brain and ego realizing that his department threw him under the bus. its clear from the reaction that he thought he was gonna loving walk. it also wouldnt shocked me if he was "encouraged" to do it so this will just "go away".

anyway.

have some tears.

https://twitter.com/NikkiMcR/status/1384663026364817416

https://twitter.com/NikkiMcR/status/1384660766410907650

https://twitter.com/Sturgeons_Law/status/1384640320747442178

https://twitter.com/RightWingWatch/status/1384635731117805568

https://twitter.com/RightWingWatch/status/1384619964812910594
https://twitter.com/RightWingWatch/status/1384622360469377025

Spalec
Apr 16, 2010
So does that mean he'll be in solitary for most of the prison term? I'd probably rather just get shanked in the lunch line.

JerikTelorian
Jan 19, 2007

SchnorkIes posted:

https://twitter.com/RadioFlav/status/1384627941804494848

There's no loving end to anything, Jesus loving Christ

Amazing, not even half an hour after Chauvin is convicted.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Dapper_Swindler posted:

he might off himself. sure he will never see general and etc but i suspect it might break his brain and ego realizing that his department threw him under the bus. its clear from the reaction that he thought he was gonna loving walk. it also wouldnt shocked me if he was "encouraged" to do it so this will just "go away".

anyway.

have some tears.

https://twitter.com/NikkiMcR/status/1384663026364817416

https://twitter.com/NikkiMcR/status/1384660766410907650

https://twitter.com/Sturgeons_Law/status/1384640320747442178

https://twitter.com/RightWingWatch/status/1384635731117805568

https://twitter.com/RightWingWatch/status/1384619964812910594
https://twitter.com/RightWingWatch/status/1384622360469377025

It's really interesting to watch them all show their rear end like this, when it would be the easiest thing in the world to just walk away from it and distance themselves from Chauvin.

Instead they have to double down and talk about one white cop receiving justice is an attack on civilization, and they specifically wanted Trump in because he gave the go ahead for the police to commit murder of people they don't like.

It's fascinating and gross watching these wierdo fucks radicalize in real time. It can't just be a grift anymore right?

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

TulliusCicero posted:

It's really interesting to watch them all show their rear end like this, when it would be the easiest thing in the world to just walk away from it and distance themselves from Chauvin.

Instead they have to double down and talk about one white cop receiving justice is an attack on civilization, and they specifically wanted Trump in because he gave the go ahead for the police to commit murder of people they don't like.

It's fascinating and gross watching these wierdo fucks radicalize in real time. It can't just be a grift anymore right?

yeah. the "smarter" play would be using chauvin as the "see we deal with the bad ones" poo poo. like even my dad, who leans sorta proish cop at times thought this dude was loving murderer and the other cops should be charged for the murder as well. these assholes keep picking the worst possible optics and positions on everything because they only care about their minority base.

Kavros
May 18, 2011

sleep sleep sleep
fly fly post post
sleep sleep sleep
It can be both a grift and also evidence of their hard authoritarian shift into radicalism

jet sanchEz
Oct 24, 2001

Lousy Manipulative Dog
Was there any truth to the rumour that Flyod and Chauvin knew each other from some security job?

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1384688301962141697?s=20

Tucker turning into Red Skull on live TV. That laugh :stonk:

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."

Kavros posted:

It can be both a grift and also evidence of their hard authoritarian shift into radicalism

They say the lie enough and they start believing it.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

jet sanchEz posted:

Was there any truth to the rumour that Flyod and Chauvin knew each other from some security job?

They both worked as security at the same place around the same time but no one knows if they actually knew each other.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

Dapper_Swindler posted:

yeah. the "smarter" play would be using chauvin as the "see we deal with the bad ones" poo poo. like even my dad, who leans sorta proish cop at times thought this dude was loving murderer and the other cops should be charged for the murder as well. these assholes keep picking the worst possible optics and positions on everything because they only care about their minority base.

The whole bullhorn is white supremacy. A white man, being punished at all for murdering a black man, no matter the circumstances, is an inexcusable miscarriage of justice caused by "cancel culture" or whatever, when they should really have applauded Chauvin as a defender of "western civilization" (wink wink not even subtly winking just straight up shouting)

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Dapper_Swindler posted:

Pat motherfucking Robertson said "they should put Chauvin under the jail!" so I honestly don't know why they haven't all figured out that tack.

Actually, I do know: it's because they want Black people to die, whereas Robertson just wants a weird Christian theocracy for its own sake. It's similar to when a bunch of right-wing loons got angry at Ammon Bundy for saying "actually, gently caress 12, Black lives matter." If you don't implicitly believe everyone is secretly a white supremacist, because you yourself are a white supremacist, then a lunatic anti-government freeman on the land saying "gently caress the police" doesn't come as a shock.

PT6A fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Apr 21, 2021

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

PT6A posted:

Pat motherfucking Robertson said "they should put Chauvin under the jail!" so I honestly don't know why they haven't all figured out that tack.

Actually, I do know: it's because they want Black people to die, whereas Robertson just wants a weird Christian theocracy for its own sake.

yeah pretty much. trump won the party and that means that the days of letting some monster who clearly did the bad poo poo get punished as a scapegoat to save the system/others is no longer acceptable.

TulliusCicero posted:

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1384688301962141697?s=20

Tucker turning into Red Skull on live TV. That laugh :stonk:

yeah, i am curious what horrible poo poo he will say that will make fox "consider" hemming and hawing about firing him.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."

Dapper_Swindler posted:

yeah, i am curious what horrible poo poo he will say that will make fox "consider" hemming and hawing about firing him.

He'll get away with poisoning the brains of millions of people as long as the ratings and the money continue to roll in.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Armitage posted:

He'll get away with poisoning the brains of millions of people as long as the ratings and the money continue to roll in.

That whole interaction he seemed genuinely unhinged. I think today came as a shock to his world view. He lashes out like he just recieved a narcissistic injury, then goes into full Clown Cope Mode.

"I'm not Mad: I'm actually laughing"

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Armitage posted:

probably, but it wouldnt shock me if something like this pushes the mother fucker too far into open slurs or some poo poo.

TulliusCicero posted:

That whole interaction he seemed genuinely unhinged. I think today came as a shock to his world view. He lashes out like he just recieved a narcissistic injury, then goes into full Clown Cope Mode.

"I'm not Mad: I'm actually laughing"

this. he legit did not expect this. he expected chauvin to walk and then he could crow happily as some cities rioted and do some racist rant while smiling.

Sarcastro
Dec 28, 2000
Elite member of the Grammar Nazi Squad that
God, what a loving baby Tucker is. That any of these right wing pieces of poo poo who think they're the pinnacle of Real Masculinity don't look at him and immediately laugh their asses off speaks volumes.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

Dapper_Swindler posted:

If you're already advertising on Fox News, let alone during his segments, I don't know if you could be embarrassed into stopping.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Sarcastro posted:

God, what a loving baby Tucker is. That any of these right wing pieces of poo poo who think they're the pinnacle of Real Masculinity don't look at him and immediately laugh their asses off speaks volumes.

i mean these fucks think trump is the pinnacle of masculinity. speaking of which, i can't wait to hear his lovely take.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

LionArcher posted:

White supremacist gangs are strong in prison. With support from them and from the guards (but I repeat myself) he might do OK.

The Lone Badger fucked around with this message at 03:42 on Apr 21, 2021

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Dapper_Swindler posted:

i mean these fucks think trump is the pinnacle of masculinity. speaking of which, i can't wait to hear his lovely take.

i want him to agree with the verdict for maximum comedy

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
Re: the Maxine Waters controversy, watch this and then I dare you to tell me she is out of touch, or foolish, or doesn’t know what she ought to be doing.

https://twitter.com/repmaxinewaters/status/1384662209729544193

Compare this to the drivel Pelosi spewed today and tell me which one is the problem.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.

Sarcastro posted:

Dapper_Swindler posted:

I don't really see how this comes as a surprise. They look at Trump and Tucker and see themselves: loud opinionated white men who never ever change their minds (because that's weakness) and respond to the slightest challenge by yelling and threatening violence (which is okay to do because they're the ones who are right). That is masculinity to them.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

i want him to agree with the verdict for maximum comedy

honestly, i wouldn't be shocked with either. i could see trump being legit degusted on some level when watching a man get murdered and saying as much. but also "law and order"/etc.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!
The less you guys study social media takes on the Chauvin trial the better your heart health will be.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Dapper_Swindler posted:

honestly, i wouldn't be shocked with either. i could see trump being legit degusted on some level when watching a man get murdered and saying as much. but also "law and order"/etc.

trump never listens to the party line or reads the talking points memo. he just says whatever the gently caress pops in his head, ruins the establishment's spin doctors careful balancing act and then sets the new talking points for the rest of the party. this is both the best and worst thing about him.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

The Lone Badger posted:

White supremacist gangs are strong in prison. With support from them and from the guards (but I repeat myself) he might do OK.

The gangs: perhaps. The guards, I really don't think so, and this is why: he hosed up. He did this poo poo on camera, there's no plausible deniability, and it's called both the profession of law enforcement into question, making it harder for the "good apples" to do their job, and made it that much harder for white supremacists to operate within law enforcement.

It's organized crime, make no mistake. And the number one rule of organized crime is: as soon as you gently caress up and it affects business, you'll pay. Will the guard that looks the other way at the right moment have a flitter of "there but for the grace of God go I?" It's possible. But at this moment Chauvin is worthless to them, he is nothing but a liability, and I do very much doubt their sense of professional loyalty will overcome their pragmatism.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

Chauvin lost in court, which makes him a loser, which makes him unworthy of respect. I don't expect Trump to go out of his way to tweet (lol) about this, though I wouldn't be surprised if a staffer put out some kind of typically incendiary comment.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
xpost from the shooting in columbus:

https://twitter.com/_WhatRiot/status/1384672602921209861

this is a literal loving revenge killing

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Volmarias posted:

If you're already advertising on Fox News, let alone during his segments, I don't know if you could be embarrassed into stopping.

Basically no one is advertising during Tucker's show. It's Mypillow and ads for other Fox shows. There is no more blowback possible, FFS the ADL wants him fired.

It survives because it draws the biggest ratings, even if they're all from 60+. It's their best performing show.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Has someone told Tucker Carlson that he looks like a perpetually shell-shocked 10 year old that walked in on his parents loving to his face?

Someone aught to do that.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

PT6A posted:

The gangs: perhaps. The guards, I really don't think so, and this is why: he hosed up. He did this poo poo on camera, there's no plausible deniability, and it's called both the profession of law enforcement into question, making it harder for the "good apples" to do their job, and made it that much harder for white supremacists to operate within law enforcement.

It's organized crime, make no mistake. And the number one rule of organized crime is: as soon as you gently caress up and it affects business, you'll pay. Will the guard that looks the other way at the right moment have a flitter of "there but for the grace of God go I?" It's possible. But at this moment Chauvin is worthless to them, he is nothing but a liability, and I do very much doubt their sense of professional loyalty will overcome their pragmatism.

yeah guards would be fine with him if he had "cover", but chauvin didn't. he mudered a man over 9 and half minuetes and the whole world loving watched. the guards will either hate him for "soiling the police officers honor/etc" or because he loving did all this poo poo in the open. again i would not be shocked if he doesn't end up dead because he was "convinced" that this was the "best" way forward or some poo poo.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Grondoth posted:

Basically no one is advertising during Tucker's show. It's Mypillow and ads for other Fox shows. There is no more blowback possible, FFS the ADL wants him fired.

It survives because it draws the biggest ratings, even if they're all from 60+. It's their best performing show.

fox news makes most of its money from the fact that they get way more carriage fees from cable subscribers than any other network. they can negotiate that because they're experts at getting their audience of boomers and gen xers to call their cable companies and complain AKA what they love doing most anyway. tucker makes them happy and calling and he's pulling his weight even as he has 0 advertisers.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

fox news makes most of its money from the fact that they get way more carriage fees from cable subscribers than any other network. they can negotiate that because they're experts at getting their audience of boomers and gen xers to call their cable companies and complain AKA what they love doing most anyway. tucker makes them happy and calling and he's pulling his weight even as he has 0 advertisers.

Oh no, the boomers and gen Xers will complain and... Oops it's a duopoly if not monopoly market, guess they can eat poo poo.

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

How in the cinnamon toast gently caress do police see one of their own basically get the book thrown at them and then immediately think "Pulling a gun and shooting at this child will go my way"

Jesus Christ

poo poo can all of them, I'll take our chances with either mobs or a military occupation.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

cr0y posted:

How in the cinnamon toast gently caress do police see one of their own basically get the book thrown at them and then immediately think "Pulling a gun and shooting at this child will go my way"

Jesus Christ

poo poo can all of them, I'll take our chances with either mobs or a military occupation.

Literally the US military has higher standards for use of force. Let that sink in.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

cr0y posted:

Because it will. It takes a massive, nationwide, multi-week protest to get one officer tried.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

PT6A posted:

Literally the US military has higher standards for use of force. Let that sink in.

they also tend to convict soldiers when said soldiers decide shooting civilians and prisoners and etc is fun and cool. unlike cops. which is also sad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Dapper_Swindler posted:

they also tend to convict soldiers when said soldiers decide shooting civilians and prisoners and etc is fun and cool. unlike cops. which is also sad.

That too, yes. Also the jury is composed entirely of people who knew what rules you were told to follow and are pissed off that you didn't.

It does present a problem in terms of holding people higher up the chain of command responsible, mind you.