Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

cagliostr0 posted:

He didn't say that though, he said nobody who watches WWE knows who bad bunny is.

And more specifically was pondering if the Wrestlemania fly in crowd would see him as a star.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Here is something much more important than Pave Belcher's Bad Bunny opinions.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

happy birthday sean!!

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

jesus WEP posted:

is he really giving vince credit for john cena et al doing all the make a wish stuff?

Like the only way you can get to Vince getting credit is “He could have said no!” which if that is your idea of Vince’s benevolence then... well, that’s probably close to the truth aside from the weird one shots he’s done over the years because he’s honoring a deal his dad made or whatever.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

MassRafTer posted:

Here is something much more important than Pave Belcher's Bad Bunny opinions.

Blessed day

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

https://twitter.com/JDfromNY206/status/1384675018785935361
https://twitter.com/JDfromNY206/status/1384676996177879040

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
https://twitter.com/JDfromNY206/status/1384680172029423617?s=20

:psyduck: So he's not racist, he just doesn't like Joshi for some reason

amaranth
Jul 11, 2004
Been a while since that clown made a well-deserved appearance in this thread.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

RealFoxy posted:

How long will it take to find out that he's a Cornette fan?

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

RealFoxy posted:

Nah. He hates pretty much all women. It was a little while back but he said some truly wretched poo poo about Alexa Bliss and got rightfully dunked on by almost everyone credible in the business. Glad to see he hasn't adjusted his worldviews since then. And to think he is absolutely desperate for a job with AEW as well. JD has bragged several times about knowing the Young Bucks and how they want to hire him for the company, but he turns them down because he doesn't want to leave his YouTube audience behind.

But in regards to Sarray, he isn't the only one who doesn't like her. I've seen others try and criticize her moveset because "she is too small and her strikes look weak, she shouldn't be a wrestler".

Then again these same people think Karrion Kross is the ideal size and style that wrestlers should strive for.

e: Just noticed JD is hiding the responses to his tweet that disagree with him or are calling him out for his behavior.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 12:30 on Apr 21, 2021

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Imagine not thinking Sareee is one of the best women in wrestling right now

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Considering the part of the fanbase JD panders to, it's not really shocking, especially when you have tweets like these in support of him:

https://twitter.com/RaZe_DJ2/status/1384677953146028037

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

The replies to that tweet are so shortsighted. I wish they would take the time to either pass judgment on Sarreee after a couple of matches and/or watch her other matches in Japan to get a sense of what she's capable of.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

TV Zombie posted:

The replies to that tweet are so shortsighted. I wish they would take the time to either pass judgment on Sarreee after a couple of matches and/or watch her other matches in Japan to get a sense of what she's capable of.

Most of the responses to JD's tweet seem to be dunking on him, thankfully. As for the guy I posted above, he doubled down on the AGENDA argument and how Sarray shouldn't have been signed because "her workrate isn't spectacular and she isn't a big enough name in the mainstream to warrant signing".

Which is...a baffling argument because pretty much every wrestler signed from the independent scene or other countries has almost zero mainstream exposure at first (at least in the US). Then again I'm probably overthinking it and the "mainstream" argument from this guy is probably just a really lovely cover to be racist/sexist.

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug
He's a zoomer talking like a boomer.

https://twitter.com/RaZe_DJ2/status/1384679023276556293

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Are people really saying her strikes are too weak because lol I thought she'd end up with the opposite complaint

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Are people really saying her strikes are too weak because lol I thought she'd end up with the opposite complaint

Yes and they find it hard to believe that anyone should sell for someone as small as Sarray. They think her strikes look weak and ineffective because of her size, basically.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

forkboy84 posted:

Imagine not thinking Sareee is one of the best women in wrestling right now

WWE itself stuck her in the minor leagues so this unfortunately isn't just something the fans think.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Who was the last hire to skip NXT completely? Styles?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Bad Bunny

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Now I’m thinking about Bad Bunny getting stuck in developmental for 4 years, getting leather and spike gear, a generic metal song and doing the Florida Loop all leading up to a Wrestlemania tag match against the Miz.

And as I was writing this about a generic NXT journey, I didn’t realize I was mostly describing his tag partner.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Seams posted:

Dominik

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Dominick Mysterio.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

big time mike kanellis did it as well

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Seams posted:

Mike Bennett skipped NXT

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Omos needed only 6 matches in NXT to be ready for the big leagues. We will see if Sarray is on that level or if she needs more time learning the fundamentals.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
A guy really came at me on Twitter for loling about coward NXT moving to Tuesdays. Where do these blind loyal WWE fans come from? Did they exist before AEW?

saffi faildotter
Mar 2, 2007

yeah but they were mad about new japan instead

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I love people complaining about wrestling on the internet trying to make the IWC as some sort of 'other' they're not a part of.

Obligatory: "Ye best start believin' in the Internet Wrestling Community! You're in one!" joke.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
The "iwc" and the Cornette's "marks" are two made up groups that don't exist. At least, anymore.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Reading the lower-case ”hhh” as a wheezing breath made that post a lot funnier to me so that’s what I’m doing in my mind every time I see ”HHH” from now on

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

I'm a big ol' Mark I love to Mark out and Get Worked whenever I watch The Product.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
JD absolutely emanating that "totally not mad" vibe right now. He's also lashing out at everyone daring to respond to him and tell him to stop being a dipshit.

https://twitter.com/JDfromNY206/status/1384963940690575362

https://twitter.com/JDfromNY206/status/1384972050956234754

Also to whomever compared him to Cornette, you are pretty much right on the mark at this point.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Apr 21, 2021

Claytor
Dec 5, 2011

saffi faildotter posted:

yeah but they were mad about new japan instead

I'll never forget the weird Twitter guy who lamented that he keeps hearing Kenny Omega is a great wrestler but he'll never watch a Kenny Omega match that doesn't take place in a WWE ring.

These people exist and they're broken in ways that can only happen under late stage capitalism. The brand is their religion.

amaranth
Jul 11, 2004
These "Voice of the IWC" shock jock types are all garbage people, without exception. Just pay attention to any one for a little while and, sure enough, out comes the sexism, racism, transphobia and anti-"sjw" free speech poo poo. From Cornette, all the way down.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Kosmo Gallion posted:

A guy really came at me on Twitter for loling about coward NXT moving to Tuesdays. Where do these blind loyal WWE fans come from? Did they exist before AEW?
Most people complained incessantly about WWE when it was the only game in town. Then people started leaving in droves to watch other, better things, and the only ones left were the WWE diehards who always thought it could do no wrong. Before that, the diehards were just complaining about the complainers, and ironically telling them to stop watching if they hate it so much. Then people did that, and somehow that's a betrayal.

Generally those same people also tend to think New Japan is too hard to follow, and the production values of any other promotions aren't high enough to hold their interest.

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014

Both of those people are idiots trying to start arguments out of nothing.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I don't remember a single person saying Penelope or Abadon should win their matches and almost no one saying Anna Jay or Nyla should win their challenges. Talk about not understanding the role of a champion when they have a babyface challenger.

https://twitter.com/cagesideseats/status/1385034852215386112

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

people here have echoed similar thoughts. i won't judge them, but it's interesting that the idea found itself in the thread for stupid rear end morons. Not judged correct or incorrect, but simply interesting rather than being judged one way or the other. Interesting only

Cavauro fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Apr 22, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

MassRafTer posted:

Abadon should win their matches

it was me