Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Interview with Doc Hammer, mostly about music, but hey, Hammer content is Venture Bros content in essence.

https://post-punk.com/post-punk-podcast-episode-4-doc-hammer/?fbclid=IwAR18UPI_hxVyF-K5d-jWYxVc3iyi8Qk_PliFOm_PRNNxPEF3J2tjEKzIhnk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ajaxify
May 6, 2009
*glass-shattering* unngh

Eeehemm... I am Augustus St. Cloud, arch-nemesis of the Quizboy.

I'm here to bust things up and chew bubble-gum. And I find bubble-gum unpleasant.

Ajaxify fucked around with this message at 13:51 on Apr 19, 2021

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014
Fun Shoe

Ajaxify posted:

*glass-shattering* unngh

Eeehemm... I am Augustus St. Cloud, arch-nemesis of the Quizboy.

I'm here to bust thing up and chew bubble-gum. And I find bubble-gum unpleasant.

I love how Colonel Gentleman reacts like a guy whose son's friend, age 10, just burst into the room, costumed and playing protagonists & antagonists. Polite, sort-of playing along in the way you do with kids, but clearly as concerned for his safety as any adult is when it comes to little kids in costumes.

Then mama comes in to whoop his rear end.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

okay this is burning me up inside. I have to make the shameful admission that it took me multiple rewatches to catch on that Tosh Tompkins is not merely a throwaway Flash Thompson joke but also Stars and Garters' alter ego

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

World War Mammories posted:

okay this is burning me up inside. I have to make the shameful admission that it took me multiple rewatches to catch on that Tosh Tompkins is not merely a throwaway Flash Thompson joke but also Stars and Garters' alter ego

What the gently caress

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Ugly In The Morning posted:

What the gently caress

:lmao: how the gently caress did i miss that.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Pretty sure Warriana calls stars and garters tosh at some point.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Oh, one thing from that Hammer interview that's at the very end is that he's asked about VB's future and he's very tight lipped, but in a legally-obligated kind of way.

quote:

I can't talk about Venture Brothers, I'm not allowed to speak of it. If I am or am not doing anything with it, I'm sure there's a nondisclosure agreement about it both ways. So all I can tell you now is Venture Brothers was canceled.

CatstropheWaitress fucked around with this message at 01:13 on Apr 20, 2021

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

The World Inferno posted:

I can't talk about Venture Brothers, I'm not allowed to speak of it. If I am or am not doing anything with it, I'm sure there's a nondisclosure agreement about it both ways. So all I can tell you now is Venture Brothers was canceled.
:tinfoil:

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Ugly In The Morning posted:

What the gently caress

:same:

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
You guys know that Chuck Scarsdale is Captain Sunshine, right?

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
And Warriana lives in Tophet Tower along with Copycat, Wide Whale, and all the other CGI New Yorkers.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

I can't believe so many didn't catch that. It was also part of the joke of him in Think Tank's hospital room. He was wishing a colleague well that he knows from both jobs.

I like how the last two seasons had Mark Gagliardi, Paul F. Tompkins, and Hal Lublin. Too bad Amber Gold didn't make an appearance so we could get Paget Brewster and have a real Thrilling Adventure Hour reunion.

bull3964 fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Apr 20, 2021

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Cojawfee posted:

Impossible :colbert:

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
i freely admit to being pretty oblivious but Chuck was a little bit more of a major character than Tosh.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Oh poo poo it's Chuck Scarsdale. Hide or we'll be on the news!

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
Where there is an NDA, there is hope.

Life, uhh... finds a way.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Yeah if he has an NDA, that means that there is something happening in the background. If the show as completely dead, there would be no need for an NDA.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

bull3964 posted:

I like how the last two seasons had Mark Gagliardi, Paul F. Tompkins, and Hal Lublin. Too bad Amber Gold didn't make an appearance so we could get Paget Brewster and have a real Thrilling Adventure Hour reunion.

Janet Varney. Maybe she'll play Triana's mom in the if-I -hope-hard-enough-it-might-happen sequel series.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

feedmyleg posted:

Janet Varney. Maybe she'll play Triana's mom in the if-I -hope-hard-enough-it-might-happen sequel series.

i think you mean "Little" Janet Varney.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

How the gently caress has Marc Evan Jackson never been on?

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...

AlternateNu posted:

And Warriana lives in Tophet Tower along with Copycat, Wide Whale, and all the other CGI New Yorkers.

Have you seen Copycat's apartment? I'd figuratively kill for a place like that.

Nonexistence
Jan 6, 2014
I just love that they got Kevin Conroy for Captain Sunshine and started off "ugh he's not going to be in for all this weird poo poo" and ended up "look Kevin buddy you are going to HAVE to tone it down"

Fingerless Gloves
May 21, 2011

... aaand also go away and don't come back

Cojawfee posted:

Ace news anchor Chuck Scarsdale? Get outta here

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Cojawfee posted:

Pretty sure Warriana calls stars and garters tosh at some point.

she does and I just didn't fuckin put two and two together. I choose to think that 75% of the voices being done by like two people has made me instinctively not bother to use voices to tell characters apart. regardless, it is true that I am a tremendous idiot, just the most colossal moron

Oh, one thing from that Hammer interview that's at the very end is that he's asked about VB's future and he's very tight lipped, but in a legally-obligated kind of way.

:pray:

SpiderLink
Oct 3, 2006

World War Mammories posted:

regardless, it is true that I am a tremendous idiot, just the most colossal moron

:pray:

I wish you weren't so far on yourself. It's not like it's a super important character who's been around forever!

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Nonexistence posted:

I just love that they got Kevin Conroy for Captain Sunshine and started off "ugh he's not going to be in for all this weird poo poo" and ended up "look Kevin buddy you are going to HAVE to tone it down"

Dude belts out WONDERBBOOOOOOOOOYYYYY in a way that makes my throat hurt just hearing it

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
"Chuck Scarsdale, what brings you up to-"

"WOOOOONDEEEEERBOOOOOOOOOY!"

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

i know its super duper kooper
cool like up the bitches snitches
the scene where chuck scarsdale runs into the mansion is maybe the funniest scene in the entire show

Ajaxify
May 6, 2009
WOOOOONDERRRRRR BOYYYYYY!!!! NOOOOOOOO! WONDERBOYYYYYYYYY!

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
Have you sent the charred remains of Wonder-boy to his beloved Captain Sunshine?

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014
Fun Shoe
Introducing the new Copter 5!

https://youtu.be/8DrkUUckO8U

Ajaxify
May 6, 2009
5 on-board news computers!

Ajaxify fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Apr 21, 2021

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Ours had SPACE SHUTTLE TECHNOLOGY

https://youtu.be/UKOJdwJIMNg

I've long wondered if that scene was less funny to those who had not lived in a place with a mega hyped news helicopter.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Sash! posted:

Ours had SPACE SHUTTLE TECHNOLOGY

https://youtu.be/UKOJdwJIMNg

I've long wondered if that scene was less funny to those who had not lived in a place with a mega hyped news helicopter.

I'm pretty sure if you're old enough they all were. It seemed to be standard news chopper marketing in the 70s-80s.

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

I love that the copter pilot also did the voiceover for the hype video. Like they hired him for the voice and gave him pilot training afterward.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
I like to think the Monarch was dropped off in the same prison he escaped in the previous season.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

This syncs with a theory I saw that "Venture Brothers" has to be completely canceled for the Hulu deal that AT&T/WB hates to go away and then they can start a new and legally distinct show called "The New Adventures of the Venture Brothers" or something like that that streams to HBO Max

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Kesper North posted:

I'm pretty sure if you're old enough they all were. It seemed to be standard news chopper marketing in the 70s-80s.

right, tv news choppers started as a pretty oddball thing

https://epicmagazine.com/whatgoesup/

quote:

Lane had heard about the freelance pilot across town because Foster was featured in a radio report, “Death in the Desert,” that told the story of that grandmother and those kids who died near Carefree. Lane called him and offered him a job to fly for KOOL. The career of Jerry Foster, helicopter newsman, was ready for takeoff. The station bought Foster a cheap gyrocopter with a tiny plastic bubble cockpit, a slapdash machine that was manufactured by McCulloch Motors as a sideshow to their main product, chainsaws. Foster called it “the Pollywog” because it looked so funny. He could fly anything, of course, but the problem with calling in traffic reports as he circled above Phoenix and its clogged thoroughfares was the thudding concussion of the engine and rotors, which made his report impossible to hear.

This idea of doing traffic reports for television was shaping up to be a fiasco. But Foster wanted this job. Dianna was pregnant, and he needed stability. Foster’s daring solution was to soar in altitude just before broadcast time, then disengage the engine (the way you might put a car in neutral) and watch the Pollywog go into a glide, an arcing fall that gave him about 30 seconds of silence to voice his traffic report—while hurtling toward earth!—before re-engaging the engine and pulling up at the last second. More than once he misjudged the length of his report, and as he was about to slam into the roofs of speeding cars he’d suddenly cry out, “This is Jerry Foster, gotta go!”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

PostNouveau posted:

This syncs with a theory I saw that "Venture Brothers" has to be completely canceled for the Hulu deal that AT&T/WB hates to go away and then they can start a new and legally distinct show called "The New Adventures of the Venture Brothers" or something like that that streams to HBO Max

please :ohdear: