Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.
Shrine of the Depths, Round 12B

Pending actions from last Round posted:

- None!

5. Letty Van Halen the Quatryl Soothsinger (Omobono) posted:

Song Active! Gains 1XP.
- Letty Van Halen uses Defensive Ditty (bot) targeting Kir Kanos! Round Bonus: the next time any ally within Range2 suffers damage this Round, they suffer no damage instead. Gains 1XP.
- Letty Van Halen uses Song of Speed (top)! No action taken!
Letty Van Halen uses Minor Stamina Potion! Recovers Defensive Ditty and Song of Speed.

10. Kir Kanos the Valrath Red Guard (AtomikKrab) posted:

- Kir Kanos uses Shield of the Desert (bot)! Round Bonus: SHIELD3. Gains 1XP. LOSS card!
- Kir Kanos uses Healing Sands (top)! HEAL4, Self! Gains 1XP.
LIGHT is now strong.
FIRE is now strong.

I think there was some miscommunication here, cause the Lurker is only going to attack Kir once and the invulnerability will block the Chainmail from triggering, leaving it alive at 1HP. Well, turns out it doesn't really matter.

33. Boris the Orchid Doomstalker (The Goonmind) posted:

- Boris uses Rain of Arrows (bot) targeting Lurker 5! Doom: Place your character token on any one enemy - Add +2ATK to all your Attacks targeting this enemy - When this enemy dies or another Doom is played, discard this card.
- Boris uses Press the Attack (top)! Activates Hawk Helm. Attacks Lurker 5 with ADVANTAGE for 13 (5base, x2BLESS/rolling ADD TARGET, +1mod, SHIELD1, +2Doom ) damage! Gains 1XP.

:fuckoff:

64. Lurkers posted:

- Lurker 6(E) focuses Kir Kanos! No action taken!

65. Deep Terrors posted:

Are really missing out all the fun!

END OF ROUND ACTIONS posted:

- LIGHT is now waning.
- FIRE is now waning.

Active players please discuss your options itt and provide your STEP A Orders via PM/email with this format:
- Initiative: xx
- Card 1: name
- Card 2: name
"Everyone itt is also encouraged to input their orders (card selection+initiative pick) for the Hero currently controlled by the Goonmind!
You can consult the (mobile friendly) spreadsheet to see which cards are available and decide your next moves."
DEADLINE FOR EVERYTHING IS 3AM EST:getin:
(As always, please let me know if you need an extension!)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

I plan to use my elements, do some dancing with the lurker, and then short rest and probably eat a lurker punch.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Didn't Boris target the elite with the big fuckoff blessed attack?

And Kir had a total of 5 retaliation up, 3 from his shield and 2 from my song. More than enough to counterkill the normal one.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.

Omobono posted:

Didn't Boris target the elite with the big fuckoff blessed attack?

And Kir had a total of 5 retaliation up, 3 from his shield and 2 from my song. More than enough to counterkill the normal one.

My bad I forgot that his card had Range4 to begin with. I'll fix both things, which means the normal one will die and the elite will be at 2HP.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Elite will probably die, if I get any sort of damage through the shield on my big swing, so time to loot and scoot boris!

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Woo. fresh kill swift trickery and moments peace at 88 if you two are okay with Boris swiping the 3 coins in this room. Or is that too greedy since we can probably aim to grab some with the chest up north.

edit: changed up cards

bagrada fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Apr 17, 2021

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

I'll swipe the rightmost coin but otherwise go wild.

Acting fast, swapping song and repositioning. Kir can finish the lurker.

Soundtrack edit: Schubert - Symphony n° 8

Omobono fucked around with this message at 15:58 on Apr 17, 2021

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

bagrada posted:

Woo. fresh kill and moments peace at 65 if you two are okay with Boris swiping the 3 coins in this room. Or is that too greedy since we can probably aim to grab some with the chest up north.

Get the four coins by landing in the middle, then just position your jumps to dodge the beams, the lurker may be dead by the time you act.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

AtomikKrab posted:

Get the four coins by landing in the middle, then just position your jumps to dodge the beams, the lurker may be dead by the time you act.

Move to A3 then loot this turn? Changed up cards to give a bit extra movement.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Shrine of the Depths, Round 13A

- Boris had Range4 (instead of 3) on his Attack last Round, meaning he would have targeted the Elite (that is now at 2HP), especially cause...
- Kir Kanos had SHIELD3 which means a guaranteed 5 damage on the normal Lurker (2 RETALIATE from Song +3 from Shield Spikes) for a guaranteed kill.

ROUND REVEAL posted:

I'll probably move things along during the next update, as all the Lurkers are most likely going to be dead and the Deep Terrors can't really stop Boris from reaching the end zone, since he has 8 non lost cards and a Major Stamina Potion left to tank hits and Jump to the Goal. So please let me know what the general intent is for the next 3 Rounds for your character.

PLAYER'S OVERVIEW
All the decks the players have chosen are available as a (mobile friendly) spreadsheet in separate tabs. The cards that have been selected for the current round are marked in light yellow. Discarded cards will be marked in red, while lost cards will be marked in purple. Cards in the active slot will be marked in teal (using a colorblind friendly scheme, let me know if you are having issues with it!). Available items are also shown there.

Letty Van Halen (Hand6, Discarded0, Active1, Lost2) is acting at initiative 5 with Song of Speed and Singing Arrow.

code:
SONG OF SPEED (05) [Lvl1]
TOP: Song - Persistent Bonus: All allies add +1MOVE to all of their Move actions and add +1Range to all their ranged Attacks - Gain XP1 at the beginning of each of your turns. When another Song is played, discard this card.
BOT: MUDDLE, Target all enemies within Range4 - XP1.

SINGING ARROW (89) [Lvl1]
TOP: CURSE, Range3, see Template.
BOT: ATK1, Range3 - WOUND
Kir Kanos (Hand4, Discarded1, Active1, Lost4) is acting at initiative 14 with Shocking Advance and Blade Dance.

14. Kir Kanos the Valrath Red Guard (AtomikKrab) posted:

code:
SHOCKING ADVANCE (14) [Lvl1]
TOP: ATK3, IMMOBILIZE - Consume LIGHT: Round Bonus: SHIELD1, XP1
BOT: MOVE3 - Generate LIGHT

BLADE DANCE (29) [LvlX]
TOP: ATK1, Range3, Consume FIRE: +1ATK, PULL2, XP1 - MOVE2 - ATK1, Range3, Consume LIGHT: +1ATK, PULL2, XP1
BOT: MOVE4, Jump - XP1 - All enemies moved through suffer 1 damage, Consume LIGHT: 2 damage instead, XP1
Boris (Hand6, Discarded2, Active1, Lost3) is acting at initiative 88 with A Moment's Peace and Swift Trickery.

88. Boris the Orchid Doomstalker (The Goonmind) posted:

code:
A MOMENT'S PEACE (88) [Lvl1]
TOP: LOOT1
BOT: MOVE2 - HEAL2, Self

SWIFT TRICKERY (11) [Lvl1]
TOP: ATK2, Range 4 - Add +2ATK and XP1 if the target is Doomed.
BOT: MOVE5

During this phase, players are free to discuss everything itt, including in depth round breakdown, tactics, and so on; you can use specific card names and numerical values since everything has been revealed already. Everyone itt is also encouraged to input their orders (card selection+initiative pick) for the Hero currently controlled by the Goonmind! Be nice! :) Active players and assorted goons&goonettes, please discuss your ideas itt and provide your final orders via PM/Email!

DEADLINE FOR EVERYTHING IS: TONIGHT, 3AM EST :getin:

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

I'm swapping to song of speed, swiping the rightmost coin, then maximizing XP gains, which should boil down to the passive song XP generation but I think a short rest can recover at least one bottom with XP on it.

E: I think Boris should move into the doorway and loot up to 4 coins; then move to H2 big room next round, use the stamina potion to recover the loot and jump 5 cards if needed; then jump 8 (5 + boots + song) into one of the traps next to the chest and loot to end the scenario. He should have more than enough cards in hand to tank everything.

Omobono fucked around with this message at 10:00 on Apr 18, 2021

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

I am going to MORTAL KOMBAT all over the lurker.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Omobono posted:

E: I think Boris should move into the doorway and loot up to 4 coins; then move to H2 big room next round, use the stamina potion to recover the loot and jump 5 cards if needed; then jump 8 (5 + boots + song) into one of the traps next to the chest and loot to end the scenario. He should have more than enough cards in hand to tank everything.

Sounds good except I'd move to C8 next turn. We've got 6 move with speed song, 8 with boots. C8 dodges 4 attacks from the right terror (two range 3, two straight line). Going farther gets us in the range of the second two, and I think landing a jump in water takes 2 movement points?

This turn, move to where Kir is currently in the doorway then moments peace loot the coins that are left.
Next turn, flight of flame and race to the grave at 53. Jump to C8. Shoot terror 5 with race to the grave top for 2xp. Use major stam potion to get back flight of flame, moment's peace, and swift trickery. Ditch wild command to negate a 4+ hit, especially if we get wounded.
Turn after that, if not immobilized, flight of flame and moment's peace at 53, pop boots, jump 7 spaces to D2, moment's peace to grab the chest and 2 coins. Quick rest protecting nothing. Spike the football, end zone dance.

If we're immobilized at C8, then queue up fresh kill and swift trickery at 65, fresh kill shot the undamaged terror 1 for xp. Quick rest protecting nothing to get 3 cards back to survive while stuck in place, then do the chest run the turn after when we can move again.

We'll only have to survive one round of shooting, two if immobilized, since we'll act before them on the last turn and get the loot, then it doesn't matter if we drop.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Shrine of the Depths, Conclusion

- None!

Song Active! Gains 1XP.
- Letty Van Halen uses Song of Speed (top)! Song - Persistent Bonus: All allies add +1MOVE to all of their Move actions and add +1Range to all their ranged Attacks - Gain XP1 at the beginning of each of your turns. When another Song is played, discard this card.
- Letty Van Halen uses Singing Arrow (bot as a basic MOVE2)! Moves2 to I3.
Letty Van Halen executes end of turn looting! Gains 1 coin token(s).

14. Kir Kanos the Valrath Red Guard (AtomikKrab) posted:

- Kir Kanos uses Blade Dance (top)! Consumes FIRE. Attacks Lurker 6(E) for 1 (2base, +0mod, SHIELD1) damage! PULL2 Lurker 6(E) to B2. Gains 1XP. Moves2 to B1. Consumes LIGHT. Attacks Lurker 6(E) for 2 (2base, +1mod, SHIELD1) damage! Gains 1XP.
Lurker 6(E) is killed!
- Kir Kanos uses Shocking Advance (bot)! No action taken! Gains 1XP.
LIGHT is now strong.

84. Deep Terrors posted:

Flail around a bit more!

88. Boris the Orchid Doomstalker (The Goonmind) posted:

- Boris uses Swift Trickery (bot)! Moves3 to door hex.
- Boris uses A Moment's Peace (top)! LOOT1, gains 5 coin tokens!

END OF ROUND ACTIONS posted:

- LIGHT is now waning.

From here on, it's basically a celebratory dance down the end line for our party, since the Deep Terror can't draw for poo poo (they actually managed to draw two CURSES out of the 10 in the deck) and are unable to draw their IMMOBILIZE card that would be the only real inconvenience. In the remaining 2 Rounds, this is what happens:
  • Kir Kanos gains 2XP.
  • Letty gains 4XP.
  • Boris gains 2XP, 2 coin tokens and the goal chest.
Scenario Ends!

Conclusion posted:

You grab hold of the scepter and the entire building shudders violently. A dark energy bursts forth, piercing through the chests of the monsters still attacking you. They all fall over dead and the shuddering stops.

As you get back to your feet, however, a sharp pain suddenly pierces your skull. “You have been misled,” the Voice speaks into your mind. “Do not bring that scepter to me! If you free me, I guarantee no harm will come to you. But I cannot say the same if you approach with the scepter. Whatever you think you are doing, you are wrong.”

As quickly as it came, the pain stops. You tighten your grip on the scepter and race out of the shrine, eager to bring it to the Echo Chamber and silence the Voice. (42)

Rewards posted:

New Locations:
Realm of the Voice 42 (C-5)
Scenario Rewards
- 10gold each
- Party Achievement: The Scepter and the Voice.
Victory Rewards
+12XP each!

Battle Goals posted:

These are the Battle Goals that have been picked by our players for Scenario 30.
- Kir Kanos: Professional*Use your equipped items a number of times equal to or greater than your level plus 2 during the scenario.AtomikKrab has not managed to accomplish the BG!
- Letty Van Halen: SociableNever leave a room with a character ally remaining in it.Omobono has managed to accomplish the BG! BG Completed, ✓
- Boris: HesitantNever go first in a round's initiative.The Goonmind has managed to accomplish the BG! BG Completed, ✓

Final Stats posted:

Final stats after Scenario 30are as follows:

Each coin token at Scenario level=4 is worth 4 gold. Updated $$$ and XP for our party are as follows:
- Kir Kanos: 28XP (New Total 193XP) and 4 gold (New Total 9 gold).
- Letty Van Halen: 31XP (New Total 196XP) and 4 gold (New Total 9 gold).
- Boris: 22XP (New Total 276XP) and 44 gold (New Total 123 gold). Boris has enough experience to advance to Level 5!

Personal Quest progression posted:

- Kir Kanos: Kill 20 Bandits or Cultists (0/20)
- Letty Van Halen: Completed 0/3 Crypt Scenarios, then unlock and complete Scenario 52 Noxious Cellar (0/1)
- Boris: Have 200 gold (123/200).
Updated Sheets

Our heroes are back in Gloomhaven. While they're in the City, something happens...

City Event 73 posted:

YOU CAN NOW VOTE FOR THE FOLLOWING THINGS (and please remember to bold your choices):
  1. MVP/Play of the Game for Scenario30!
  2. City Event outcome, A or B!
  3. Boris: NEW CARD and PERK. The list can be found in his character's sheet just above.

4. Money matters! Please specify if you want someone to buy/sell an item; the current Market pool is available HERE. Also, please if you want someone to donate 10 gold to the Sacred Oak Sanctuary, please remember to specify who!
  5. If you are planning an Enhancement, you can find the rules on how to calculate the price HERE.
At this time PLEASE DO NOT VOTE TO CHOOSE THE NEXT SCENARIO. As said, we'll stagger the vote to allow everyone to participate :)
A big thank you to our players,AtomikKrab Omobono and The Goonmind! Hope you had fun. I'll reach out to X, Y and Z to let them know they're up next.)

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 10:58 on Apr 19, 2021

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

I'll do votes later but I'm torn on camouflage vs inescapable fate. It was always nice to throw fate in a big hp elite stone golem then just ignore it until it dies. The toad is hilarious, I'd never seen that card.

For perk, another add target?

ChocolatePancake
Feb 25, 2007
City Event: A
New card for Boris: Camouflage is an absolutely fantastic card. I never found the toad or inescapable fate to be very useful.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Inescapable Fate looks like an absolute boss killer, but the class already has a plethora of strong dooms to stick on a boss plus various strong single target tops with free advantage built in. That bless chunked 14 base damage off that elite, you don't really need more dps than that.

The toad has move 1. I understand that it's perma-stun, but move 1. Meanwhile the doom on it is on the wrong class honestly, the Doomstalker has no business being a discount healer.

Meanwhile non-loss invisibility on both halves? Sign me up.

1) Kir Goomba stomping a lot of fools
2) A
- do you want to have something interesting happen Y/N?
3) Camouflage
Perk - two rolling +1 or rolling Add Target
- with Letty providing blesses I'd focus on keeping the effective size of the modifier deck constant. Add target is more effective churn and (unreliable) AoE, the rolling +1s are more single target damage.
4) Everyone's broke, Dave
5) See above

Omobono fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Apr 19, 2021

TravelLog
Jul 22, 2013

He's a mean one, Mr. Roy.
Voting:
  • Kir Kanos
  • Option A
  • New Card: Camouflage
  • Perk: +0 Stun. This is always a great draw when it happens and shouldn't be underestimated.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

1. MVP Spiky Kir and his goomba stomps, though Letty jamming away with the right songs was great too.
2. A though I can't remember if this event was a torch thief(tm) style gotcha.
3. Alright camouflage won me over, and add target
4&5. Kir can afford something but lets save up to 200 and retire him so the LP can show off another class.

JUST MAKING CHILI
Feb 14, 2008
1. MVP Kir because rookies deserve MVP awards
2. City Event B, YEET that crystal in the bay!
3. Boris: NEW CARD Camouflage no loss invisibility on top and bottom yes please. and PERK rolling add target

4. Money matters! dont spend anything!

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Omobono posted:

Inescapable Fate looks like an absolute boss killer, but the class already has a plethora of strong dooms to stick on a boss plus various strong single target tops with free advantage built in. That bless chunked 14 base damage off that elite, you don't really need more dps than that.
It also doesnt work on bosses or named enemies.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Doctor Spaceman posted:

It also doesnt work on bosses or named enemies.

I was thinking about the top. Two dooms on a boss means a really, really dead boss very fast.

The bottom is an execute that takes two and an half turns to activate and so it seems way too slow, especially since it locks the doomstalker out of other dooms for the duration.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

City Management XXV, Update 1

Vote Results posted:

• MVP for Scenario 30: Kir Kanos, Goomba stomping a lot of fools :agesilaus:
  • NEW CARD for Boris: Camouflage.

• NEW PERK for Boris: Add Target.

City Event 73, resolution posted:

Effect: lose 5 collective gold, unlock Crystalline Cave (84) (D-12), Party Achievements "Tremors".

Let's discuss where our party should head to next! Since we've unlocked a bunch of stuff, I'm going to use a new app to show the Scenario Tree, since it provides some extra info on Campaing progression (IE: which Scenarios are part of which storyline) and it's more estetically pleasing

NOTE: we only know the basic creature and tiles composition for a Scenario at first; if we choose to pick one, I'll provide additional details (such as the map layout, creatures stat cards - and ability deck if we've met them before - and always active Scenario Effects).

Available Scenario Locations posted:

• If we want to free the Voice we can now access the Savvas Armory (33) to reclaim its vessel!

• The Voice has told us that if we try to bring the Scepter we got from the Shrine of the Depths into their realm, bad things will happen. If you think the Voice is lying, we can enter the Realm of the Voice (42) and be done with it.

• If we want to return the rumbling Crystal that we found in the Copperneck Mountains to it's original place, we'll have to venture the Crystalline Cave (84). This is a side Scenario.

• While exploring the Echo Chamber, we have found a map leading to an Underwater Lagoon (64) in the middle of the Misty Sea, sout-east of Gloomhaven; maybe it'll contain some treasure? This is a side Scenario.

• We bargained with a Valrath merchant and bought a scroll with the "location to untold riches" from him. These alleged riches are in the Sunken Vessel (93). This is a side Scenario.

• The Librarian, Dominic, has asked us to help him keeping up a bargain he tried to strike (for the wellbeing of Gloomhaven, of course). He wants us to get into a place called the Oozing Groove (72). Doesn't it sound lovely? Completing this Scenario will allow us continue reading the Town Records.

• We can now access the Ancient Cistern (26) and discover what was poisoning the City well, since we have access to Water-Breathing magic!

• We can't go here...yet. But if we complete the Voice's request and find its vessel, we can try to free it facing the Ancient Defense Network!

• As suggested, we could also try any Scenario we've unlocked (including ones we've already faced) in Casual Mode. Players can still gain experience and money, loot treasure tiles, complete battle goals, and make progress toward completing their personal quests, but any story text or rewards listed at the end of the scenario are disregarded. Contrary to normal game play, we'll encounter City/Road events in Casual mode as well - to make things easier to manage and display more content. If we pick Casual Mode I'll add something to spice it up.
Wherever we're going, we'll have to get on the Road to get there!

Road Event 42 posted:

:siren::siren::siren:
YOU CAN NOW VOTE FOR THE FOLLOWING THINGS (and please remember to bold your choices):
  1. Our Next Destination
  2. Road Event, outcome A or B.

Superterranean
May 3, 2005

after we lit this one, nothing was ever the same
Bullwinkle!! Howarya, buddy? Sure, we can walk and talk a bit.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

City Management XXV, Update 1

Vote Results posted:

• MVP for Scenario 30: Kir Kanos, Goomba stomping a lot of fools :agesilaus:
  • NEW CARD for Boris: Camouflage.

• NEW PERK for Boris: Add Target.

City Event 73, resolution posted:

Effect: lose 5 collective gold, unlock Crystalline Cave (84) (D-12), Party Achievements "Tremors".

Let's discuss where our party should head to next! Since we've unlocked a bunch of stuff, I'm going to use a new app to show the Scenario Tree, since it provides some extra info on Campaing progression (IE: which Scenarios are part of which storyline) and it's more estetically pleasing

NOTE: we only know the basic creature and tiles composition for a Scenario at first; if we choose to pick one, I'll provide additional details (such as the map layout, creatures stat cards - and ability deck if we've met them before - and always active Scenario Effects).

Available Scenario Locations posted:

• If we want to free the Voice we can now access the Savvas Armory (33) to reclaim its vessel!

• The Voice has told us that if we try to bring the Scepter we got from the Shrine of the Depths into their realm, bad things will happen. If you think the Voice is lying, we can enter the Realm of the Voice (42) and be done with it.

• If we want to return the rumbling Crystal that we found in the Copperneck Mountains to it's original place, we'll have to venture the Crystalline Cave (84). This is a side Scenario.

• While exploring the Echo Chamber, we have found a map leading to an Underwater Lagoon (64) in the middle of the Misty Sea, sout-east of Gloomhaven; maybe it'll contain some treasure? This is a side Scenario.

• We bargained with a Valrath merchant and bought a scroll with the "location to untold riches" from him. These alleged riches are in the Sunken Vessel (93). This is a side Scenario.

• The Librarian, Dominic, has asked us to help him keeping up a bargain he tried to strike (for the wellbeing of Gloomhaven, of course). He wants us to get into a place called the Oozing Groove (72). Doesn't it sound lovely? Completing this Scenario will allow us continue reading the Town Records.

• We can now access the Ancient Cistern (26) and discover what was poisoning the City well, since we have access to Water-Breathing magic!

• We can't go here...yet. But if we complete the Voice's request and find its vessel, we can try to free it facing the Ancient Defense Network!

• As suggested, we could also try any Scenario we've unlocked (including ones we've already faced) in Casual Mode. Players can still gain experience and money, loot treasure tiles, complete battle goals, and make progress toward completing their personal quests, but any story text or rewards listed at the end of the scenario are disregarded. Contrary to normal game play, we'll encounter City/Road events in Casual mode as well - to make things easier to manage and display more content. If we pick Casual Mode I'll add something to spice it up.
Wherever we're going, we'll have to get on the Road to get there!

Road Event 42 posted:

1. Our Next Destination
  2. Road Event, outcome A or B.

Kafila and dwarf74 are the next active players, with Kobal2 and FairGame as the subs! PMs will be out soon. The Goonmind is controlling Letty this time!

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 10:54 on Apr 20, 2021

TravelLog
Jul 22, 2013

Road Event : A

Next Location: Oozing Grove or Sunken Vessel. Time to advance the Town Records or get some loot!

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Road Event A. OF course we have time for our old friends

Scenario 84, lets YEET this crystal back to where it belongs, maybe get some loot

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
I already let TIG know I can't do this now, sorry folks. My brain can only handle so many things at once, and normal gaming + frosthaven campaign testing & scenario testing is about all I can manage.

I'll pop in to heckle though.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

I've reached out to an additional sub since so far I haven't had much luck :D

JUST MAKING CHILI
Feb 14, 2008
Our Next Destination: Goonmind didn't want to YEET the crystal into the bay, so I vote with AtomikKrab to YEET the crystal back into Crystalline Cave (84)
Road Event: Love ya buddy, but we're going the opposite direction and got CRYSTAL TO YEET, outcome B.

JUST MAKING CHILI fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Apr 20, 2021

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

That Italian Guy posted:

I've reached out to an additional sub since so far I haven't had much luck :D

I'm here and would love to play.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

I'll third crystal chronicle spelunking (84) but we Always have time for Bullwinkle. If time is short we can just do a montage.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

City Management XXV,Update 2 and Scenario 84 Preamble.
While on the Road to the next Scenario...

Road Event 42, resolution posted:

Effect: Discard 3 cards each.
Ah, we got one of those famous "Torch Thieves" events :v: (also the other option is super depressing, so I hope we never revisit this card in the LP :( I'll reveal it for the sake of completion if the thread wants me to.)

Let's examine our next destination: Scenario 84 - Crystalline Cave

Scenario 84 - Crystalline Cave - Location posted:

At least this time we won't have to trek too far away from home!

Scenario 84 - Crystalline Cave - Features posted:

These are the details we know about Scenario 84 before starting it:
Links to:None.
Requirements: Tremors (Party) COMPLETE
Goal: Kill all enemies and protect the crystal (a)
Tiles in the Scenario:

Map Layout:

Scenario 84 - Crystalline Cave - Creatures posted:

These are the stats for this Scenario's creatures:

These are the ability decks for the creatures we've already faced in battle before.
NOTE: these are the "in the box" cards. We normally use the app ones, that automatically make the necessary calculations for us; the various "+1", "-1", etc are to be applied to the base value for that stat on the monster card. So if the base value is "Attack 4", an "Attack -1" ability card would mean that, for that round, the monster has an Attack value of 3.
Flame Demons:

Frost Demons:

Earth Demons:

NOTE: certain monster archetypes share a common deck. The combination of unique stat cards and shared ability decks allows the game to feel even larger than it already is!

Scenario 84 - Crystalline Cave - Introduction posted:

When the Quatryl said it would be deep in the mountains, you did not expect it to be this deep. Your journey through the Coppernecks has been long and unpleasant, following the pulses of this crystal that was attuned to lead you to the source of its disturbances. You just hope that all of this trouble will be worth it in the end.
You are climbing a particularly steep, snowcovered mountain when the crystal begins vibrating wildly, and then the earth around you begins to tremble as well. You look for more stable ground, but it is too late. The ground gives way beneath you and you slide down into a dark crevasse.
Luckily, the snow cushions your landing, and you discover that the darkness you fell into is not dark at all. Before you sits a massive crystal the same color and structure as the one you hold. A light shines forth from the larger crystal, illuminating the surrounding area. As you move closer to examine it, a group of demons appear behind you.
“My call has been answered in the nick of time.” An otherworldly voice fills the cavern. “Please, they have come to destroy me. I beg for your assistance.”

Scenario Special Rules

Players spawn tiles are marked with the Entrance token.

FairGame and ChocolatePancake please provide:
1) Your hand selection for this Scenario (please specify what you are removing and what you are adding).
2) Your starting location. You can freely discuss this itt.
3) Your step A orders and initiative.
4) Pick one of the Battle Goals provided in the PM.
5) The 3 cards that start in your discard pile, as per the Road Event effect.

The Goonmind should provide the same, but choose between these two Battle Goals:
  • Finisher: Kill the last monster to die in the scenario. Rewards: ✓
  • Marksman: Kill a monster three or more hexes away from you. Rewards: ✓
You can consult the (mobile friendly) spreadsheet to see which cards are available and decide your next moves.
DEADLINE FOR EVERYTHING IS 3AM EST:getin:

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Neither battle goal is exciting for soothsinger.

Two comments, will vote later. If Letty starts at D4 that's four curses in the enemy deck from disorienting dirge. She's out front and center then though.

And I like bringing in wistful wounding for the fire elementals, is that worth it or do we rely on goomba stomps to get past shields and retaliate?

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Checking the special rules, since the crystal has an high focus priority the fire demons need to die in one round because they're ranged.

E: and the effing thing is NOT an ally, meaning no healing.

So screw that, I'd have Letty start on the frontline with dubstep and disarm while Boris annihilates a fire demon with a doom combo. She can take an hit before repositioning.

Also, drop song of speed for nimble knife.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Omobono posted:

I was thinking about the top. Two dooms on a boss means a really, really dead boss very fast.

The bottom is an execute that takes two and an half turns to activate and so it seems way too slow, especially since it locks the doomstalker out of other dooms for the duration.

Oh, right.

I think of the top of Inescapable Fate as a part of the bouncing Doom build that becomes possible at level 8+.

TravelLog
Jul 22, 2013

I propose that Letty start at D4 and use:
  • Disorienting Dirge bottom
  • Throw Voice top to hit Flame Demon / Frost Demon in the top right. (Also I think the enemies are mis-numbered, two of them are labelled with 3).
Discards: Turning the Outcome (or Power Ballad, per the below substitution suggestion), Call to Action (or Singing Arrow, if my below substitution suggestion is taken) and Soothing Lullaby.

Substitutions: I agree with swapping Song of Speed for Nimble Knife. Also (i) Turning the Outcome for Power Ballad and (ii) Call to Action for Warding Dagger.

Battle Goal: Marksman.

TravelLog fucked around with this message at 15:42 on Apr 21, 2021

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Welp, this will be fun, TOWER DEFENSE TIME!

ChocolatePancake
Feb 25, 2007
Right, I'll (Boris) start on C4 and try to kill flame demon 2 on turn 1.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

If Lettie's dealing with the upper right, Kir will deal with the upper left. Planning to move quickly and put some hurt on the flame demon while also tanking the frost and earth up front. If Boris can go before the flame demon to guarantee some damage, it'll be dead before it can hit the crystal.