Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ricro
Dec 22, 2008
Color Splash, eh? Apparently there was a whole-rear end Paper Mario game on the Wii-U that I didn’t even know about. I always forget that system existed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
https://twitter.com/aceattorneygame/status/1384884633893052419

It’s about time

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

This is definitely not a lie

I'm super stoked about this but just to make sure, these games are like, good, right?

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Nice

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

RuBisCO posted:

I'm super stoked about this but just to make sure, these games are like, good, right?

There has never been a bad ace attorney game

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

flavor.flv posted:

I like the games but end up having to use a guide because sometimes I can't figure out exactly where to use the evidence

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
5 was pretty rough imo

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

I am literally crying from happiness thank god finally

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

Len posted:

I like the games but end up having to use a guide because sometimes I can't figure out exactly where to use the evidence

Lucky for you, the trailer seems to say there's some kind of "auto play" feature you can switch on and off that can help you move past something like this.

Electromax
May 6, 2007
Really, didn't like 5? Loved the trilogy, didn't care for AJ or Investigations and tuned out a while, got 5 and 6 cheap years later and loved 5. The village with the monster costumes, the space station explosion, the orca case, all great. 1,3,5 are my favorites (haven't finished 6 but also liking it better than 2 and 4, on the second-to-last mission).

Day 1 for TGAA and hopefully an AA7.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

flavor.flv posted:

What about the movie

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

Holy poo poo finally.

Only been (checks wiki) FIVE YEARS since Spirit of Justice.

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

Now give us Investigations 2

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019
So I guess this most likely means we'll also get AA7 later this year or early next year if it was delayed. Really stoked about this.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
Shame about the little pink haired anime watson character, there's a lot I love about Phoenix right and there's a lot that I really really don't like (see: Pearl channeling Mia)

Oh well I'll still get it on day one probably

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

JollyBoyJohn posted:

What about the movie

The movie is also extremely good.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

Silver Falcon posted:

The movie is also extremely good.

Yeah the movie rules

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Pretty good posted:

It had better not be the sticks bc I just did surgery on these loving things a couple months ago!!!!

It's the only time I've seen scrolling not work at the correct speed when using the dpad. Sorry bro.

Nintendo has somehow managed to make the least reliable analog sticks to date.

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

flavor.flv posted:

What about the Layton x Wright crossover?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Nintendo has a long history of making garbage sticks, it makes sense that the switch would contain the most broken, least fixable sticks yet

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

glassyalabolas posted:

Best game in both series

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Nintendo has a long history of making garbage sticks, it makes sense that the switch would contain the most broken, least fixable sticks yet

and yet they are known for indestructible controllers with top notch D-pads and they hosed that up too.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
The dualsense sticks are soldered to the board and they may have the same drifting issue. So it can only get worse with the Switch pro!

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Usually it's my Xbox controllers that would develop drift first, followed by the Sonys

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Of the 3 console manufacturers they're the only ones who don't make you bust out a soldering iron to replace a stick.

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

the n64 was the only nintendo console that had a bad stick, what are you talking about

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

romanowski posted:

the n64 was the only nintendo console that had a bad stick, what are you talking about

The Switch has a bad stick, the wii U wasn't really out enough to have problems, and the wii *waggle*, the stick was $50 it better be good

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

glassyalabolas posted:

Definitely the closest it's come to being bad and it was only really the last case

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

pixaal posted:

The Switch has a bad stick, the wii U wasn't really out enough to have problems, and the wii *waggle*, the stick was $50 it better be good

so you agree that nintendo doesn't have a "long history of garbage sticks" which is what I was responding to

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

TheScott2K posted:

Of the 3 console manufacturers they're the only ones who don't make you bust out a soldering iron to replace a stick.

Which is good because they’re the only manufacturer where you’re guaranteed to need to replace a stick

The N64 controller stick was not good, the GameCube stick was gated (shameful) and also had the nub stick. The wii didn’t have enough sticks and they were also gated (shameful), the Wii U was the closest to perfection but no one bought it and the 3ds had the flat wafer slider AND a thinkpad nub.

That’s a bad track record, friends

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
*to empty room* wii u controllers also have good sticks, that stand the test of time *tumbleweed blows through*

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Looper posted:

*to empty room* wii u controllers also have good sticks, that stand the test of time *tumbleweed blows through*

The wii u gamepad is still the best nintendo controller ever created.

Unreal_One
Aug 18, 2010

Now you know how I don't like to use the sit-down gun, but this morning we just don't have time for mucking about.

RIP Wii U, u were too good for this world.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

There are only like 2-3 Wii U games worth playing that aren't on Switch and one of them is a remaster of a Gamecube game

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Isn't the WiiU pro controller really good too?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

bushisms.txt posted:

The wii u gamepad is still the best nintendo controller ever created.

This is wisdom. It works so well

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Pablo Nergigante posted:

There are only like 2-3 Wii U games worth playing that aren't on Switch and one of them is a remaster of a Gamecube game

Wind Waker HD, and... Star Fox Zero?

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Wonderful 101 is still better on wii u. My system stays plugged in just for that.

Unreal_One
Aug 18, 2010

Now you know how I don't like to use the sit-down gun, but this morning we just don't have time for mucking about.

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Yeah, but it's like GBA ports of SNES games. They have to gently caress up the controls to make it work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

Wind Waker HD, and... Star Fox Zero?

Xenoblade Chronicles X, notable for being the best Xenoblade :can: