Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

sexpig by night posted:

I mean they're not wrong but I don't think you can 'lessen' zero

some donor probably got mad at it and now doesn't care, problem solved

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

sexpig by night posted:

I mean they're not wrong but I don't think you can 'lessen' zero

My friend, have you heard of negative numbers

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Sitting in a waiting room with CNN on and it transitioned from a lady saying how despite police needing better ways of interacting with minorities, the majority of police get into it for the right reasons to them announcing their lead of the cop that just shot the 15 year old girl.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Eggplant Squire posted:

Sitting in a waiting room with CNN on and it transitioned from a lady saying how despite police needing better ways of interacting with minorities, the majority of police get into it for the right reasons to them announcing their lead of the cop that just shot the 15 year old girl.

:chaostrump:

The whole "police simply need better ways to interact with minorities" thing is largely bullshit, because efforts to educate cops on race issues have basically no effect (and there's evidence cops who are minorities also murder black people with impunity, because ACAB is applicable to all). No one wants to admit that the system and philosophy behind it are fundamentally broken, and even well intentioned reform can't do much.

Organ Fiend
May 21, 2007

custom title

Its small party and it smells bad.
I'd buy another if I had
Back what I paid
For another motherfucker in the DSA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMLE_EjuYsc

Blockade
Oct 22, 2008

https://www.newsweek.com/why-joe-manchin-kyrsten-sinema-will-headline-anti-15-minimum-wage-anti-union-event-1584813

quote:

Sinema and Manchin will join former Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel next week in speeches at a conference held by the National Restaurant Association, according to the conference agenda. The association has been aggressively lobbying against Democrats' proposed minimum wage hike and labor legislation.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Nichael posted:

:chaostrump:

The whole "police simply need better ways to interact with minorities" thing is largely bullshit, because efforts to educate cops on race issues have basically no effect (and there's evidence cops who are minorities also murder black people with impunity, because ACAB is applicable to all). No one wants to admit that the system and philosophy behind it are fundamentally broken, and even well intentioned reform can't do much.

Chauvin and the lady cop that shot the guy (the one who mistook her gun and taser) were both training cops. They would have been doing education and implicit bias training!

Organ Fiend
May 21, 2007

custom title

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

spacemang_spliff posted:

Chauvin and the lady cop that shot the guy (the one who mistook her gun and taser) were both training cops. They would have been doing education and implicit bias training!

I didn't know that. It's a general fallacy that people think you can just educate away capitalism requiring constant blood sacrifices. Of course you can't.

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

how many more semesters at Cop School do you think chauvin would have needed to know that killing people is bad

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Fellatio del Toro posted:

how many more semesters at Cop School do you think chauvin would have needed to know that killing people is bad

they hadn't gotten to that part in the syllabus yet

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

Fellatio del Toro posted:

i guess we will see after the judge sentences him to write a thousand word essay on why what he did was wrong

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Nichael posted:

I didn't know that. It's a general fallacy that people think you can just educate away capitalism requiring constant blood sacrifices. Of course you can't.

you can it just needs to be done in specialized campscenters

Blockade
Oct 22, 2008

https://twitter.com/therecount/status/1384624338683502592

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
Chauvin will get out early on appeal and he's keeping his pension. This is all a pantomime.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Edgar Allan Pwned posted:

Idk they assume the cops aren't going to keep unjustly killing and that people will stop paying attention. guess we'l see

They just want to get back to brunch. OK!??!

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

fart simpson posted:

how does it end

im never going to read it or watch an anime

Main character does a genocide that kills most of the world, but he does it out of *~love~* for a character who was previously into him but he actively rejected her because ???

spacemang_spliff posted:

I started watching this and while it's entertaining it does seem to have a pretty fash aspect to it. In particular they keep hammering that you have to lose your humanity and become a literal monster to protect what you love.

I'm excited to find out in season 3 that space jews are responsible for everything for reasons

A recurring theme appears to be 'should a people have to keep paying for the fuckups of the previous generation forever?' which seems well and good but the resolution was 'if you keep oppressing us because we genocided everyone in the past, you leave us no choice but to genocide everyone again'. It feels like the author intended to convey the message that we should loosen restrictions on island nations who maybe engaged in a little genocide in the past but are cool now, but ended up saying that everyone else was absolutely right to contain them and the only gently caress up was a lack of vigilance

THS
Sep 15, 2017

Nix Panicus posted:

Main character does a genocide that kills most of the world, but he does it out of *~love~* for a character who was previously into him but he actively rejected her because ???

A recurring theme appears to be 'should a people have to keep paying for the fuckups of the previous generation forever?' which seems well and good but the resolution was 'if you keep oppressing us because we genocided everyone in the past, you leave us no choice but to genocide everyone again'. It feels like the author intended to convey the message that we should loosen restrictions on island nations who maybe engaged in a little genocide in the past but are cool now, but ended up saying that everyone else was absolutely right to contain them and the only gently caress up was a lack of vigilance

so glad i don’t watch anime

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Nix Panicus posted:

lmao really

i checked out at the start of the counter-invasion where he was like "having lived among you for years i now know you're people like us and this invasion is objectively wrong. oh well! *does it anyway*

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

imo no right-wing anime thing will beat that panel of a steely-eyed general looking over the horizon and saying "if we're not careful japan might commit a war crime, for the first time ever"

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Nix Panicus posted:

That seems like a really jerk thing to do.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

https://twitter.com/MallaPip/status/1384702375483617281?s=20

https://twitter.com/chitownhustler/status/1384707350557302784?s=20

https://twitter.com/BrianMGreen/status/1384708133386428416?s=20

https://twitter.com/samvega/status/1384708499225997316?s=20

https://twitter.com/ShelleyElwood/status/1384710275480408070?s=20

https://twitter.com/Michoacan2Cali/status/1384713130958151685?s=20

https://twitter.com/1nonblonde2/status/1384715090293784581?s=20

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Yinlock posted:

according to Data online fash recruitment is slowing due to a portion of online weirdos becoming obsessed with vtubers instead

Too bad the vtubers have to take one for the team like that

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Lol at AOC and co rolling out the Green New Deal and related bills that everyone knows won't pass and Biden won't advocate for. Pure theater. Get ready for lots of jerking off about how progressives are winning, we're advancing our agenda and making incremental progress and blah blah blah

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Look At What Happened In Fate/Zero

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

tactlessbastard posted:

Too bad the vtubers have to take one for the team like that

There's a crossroads and one path is to fascism and the other is boob mousepads

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

The Pussy Boss posted:

Lol at AOC and co rolling out the Green New Deal and related bills that everyone knows won't pass and Biden won't advocate for. Pure theater. Get ready for lots of jerking off about how progressives are winning, we're advancing our agenda and making incremental progress and blah blah blah

at least i do credit AOC with this as her one valuable task, to prove that our system of electoralism has failed us in the face of the greatest threat in all of the existence of the species.

so her begging pelosi to please please pass the bill that might allow this nation to survive (knowing it won't get past the senate) is at least proof positive of the failure. so that's something.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

you should watch mobile suit gundam(1979) instead of attack on titan

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Eggplant Squire posted:

There's a crossroads and one path is to fascism and the other is boob mousepads

can we meet halfway

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Liberals think progress is an inevitable force, and "activists" in the ether will naturally come to the rescue. They also believe that the justice system actually correctly dealing with a murdering cop, once in the about 2500 times it occurs, is "historic" without acknowledging how hosed up that is.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
The only anime worth watching is Samurai Pizza Cats

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer

Yinlock posted:

imo no right-wing anime thing will beat that panel of a steely-eyed general looking over the horizon and saying "if we're not careful japan might commit a war crime, for the first time ever"

lol

Jay-V
Nov 8, 2009
I DEFINITELY BELIEVE THE GOVERNMENT WANTS POLICE REFORM, ESPECIALLY AFTER THE CHAUVIN CONVICTION!!
-some dumbass

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

Axios is one of the worst websites in the world and I hate that all their articles are just bullet points

Organ Fiend
May 21, 2007

custom title

Yinlock posted:

You can't post this without a picture.

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

gandlethorpe posted:

The only anime worth watching is Samurai Pizza Cats

its good but :hmmno:

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Nichael posted:

Liberals think progress is an inevitable force, and "activists" in the ether will naturally come to the rescue. They also believe that the justice system actually correctly dealing with a murdering cop, once in the about 2500 times it occurs, is "historic" without acknowledging how hosed up that is.

poo poo is so hosed that a cop actually getting convicted of a murder is historic but it's beyond the pale to believe that the ancient politicians that have been in power while this has been happening longer than some of these twitter posters have been alive might not actually give a poo poo about doing anything about this issue.

Eggplant Squire has issued a correction as of 18:21 on Apr 21, 2021

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

from the general chat thread in TVIV:

zoux posted:

https://twitter.com/GreysABC/status/1384537398776844288

Celebrity activism or cable news show panel experiencing technical difficulties, you be the judge

three rich people, sitting in silence for three seconds each, is supposed to do ????? to help lgbt youth???????

this is somehow less effective than showering the gop with rose petals like those texan activists did.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

https://twitter.com/chitribopinions/status/1383879782547353605

yes, millennials, who have always had it so easy but have now been forced to undergo financial adversity for the first time,

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

loquacius posted:

https://twitter.com/chitribopinions/status/1383879782547353605

yes, millennials, who have always had it so easy but have now been forced to undergo financial adversity for the first time,

lmao young people are either murdered by cops or drowning in bills for baseline human rights:

https://twitter.com/TheInfinityJims/status/1384602568102404097?s=20

lol also careful going outside, there's a virus that might kill you or give you long term brain damage. anyway, enjoy!