Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
poll
This poll is closed.
answer 1 9 8.33%
answer 2 15 13.89%
answer 3 48 44.44%
answer 4 36 33.33%
Total: 108 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Don't doxx me

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

The primary color motif is like 85% of the simpsons enduring as a brand and crossing to other cultures
It looks snazzy

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

we're all yellow on the inside

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

Wait what?!

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Pisss

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Hwurmp posted:

we're all yellow on the inside

Go get your humours checked, you're waaaaaay outta balance

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Andrast posted:

The best video game movie by far is the japanese Ace Attorney movie

this is not a joke, it rules

I wasn't impressed by it. The narrative and character stuff is compressed and twisted so much it's hard to grasp onto anything, there are baffling stylistic choices that detract from the story, and it's visually ugly. I don't think anyone who hasn't played the games will get anything out of it, other than a couple of jokes.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Lurdiak posted:

I wasn't impressed by it. The narrative and character stuff is compressed and twisted so much it's hard to grasp onto anything, there are baffling stylistic choices that detract from the story, and it's visually ugly. I don't think anyone who hasn't played the games will get anything out of it, other than a couple of jokes.

The Ace Attorney anime is a little better in that regard and I wish they’d do an adaptation of the third game one day.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

cloud isn't asian or caucasian because gaia has neither an asian nor european continent. he is a human-like alien.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

gdi did they really add an upskirt achievement for kaine in nier replicant :cripes:

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Weedle posted:

cloud isn't asian or caucasian because gaia has neither an asian nor european continent. he is a human-like alien.

Explain THIS

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Whizzing Wizard posted:

They made em yellow so they would stand out when flipping between channels, which was something people did in the past when "watching TV"

It did start on the Tracey Ullman show back in the mid 80's. I still remember watching the first prime time episode on Fox when I was 9.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

Pollyanna posted:

gdi did they really add an upskirt achievement for kaine in nier replicant :cripes:

Seems on brand

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Weedle posted:

Wutai though?

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Jay Rust posted:

Explain THIS

SaGa Frontier canonically has an "Italy"

In the remaster, an anonymous informant tells Fuse to refer to him as "the Italian Restaurant Chef"

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Jay Rust posted:

Explain THIS

novelty dish referencing the in-universe vidcon "seventh reverie," set on the fictional planet of earth, which pits the player against the forces of the evil conglomerate PG+E. this is canon

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Jay Rust posted:

Explain THIS

drat I had 4,000 words typed up about the TEXAS sign in 7th Heaven

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

hatty posted:

Seems on brand

This one’s particularly gross cause the achievement is like “you found her secret!!!” and I don’t think I need to tell you why that’s awful.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Thats bad. Poor kaine.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Illusion of Gaia has a dungeon that has flying skulls, and spiders, and you travel along giant mushrooms and vines. This game continues to escalate in weirdness.

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.

Larryb posted:

The Ace Attorney anime is a little better in that regard and I wish they’d do an adaptation of the third game one day.
Do you mean an anime adaptation? Because they did do a second season of the anime that adapts the third game.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

InspectorCarbonara posted:

Do you mean an anime adaptation? Because they did do a second season of the anime that adapts the third game.

Ah, I didn’t remember the second anime covered two games. In any case, I sort of want them to adapt the whole series eventually.

Speaking of which, there hasn’t been any news on a third season as of late has there?

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I hope Cytus II gets a Switch port like Cytus did at some point. The music in that game is so good and the story is surprisingly good for a rhythm game.

FirstAidKite posted:

Saw this from a skins pack for guilty gear strive and seeing Sol and Ky color-swapped is giving me cursed vibes

Guilty Gear is the one thing I can't help but be a filthy secondary on because I just can't get into fighting games. :v:

A lot of the characters are fun to draw though.

Pollyanna posted:

I'm 99% sure there's one in Automata so it's not that much of a surprise tbh.

Kaine rules. Zero rules. A2 is cooler than 2B. That's my Drakenier take of the day.

I said come in! posted:

If you're cold, they are cold, bring them inside.

By the time I convinced my dog it warmed up to 10 above anyways.

Acerbatus fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Apr 21, 2021

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Acerbatus posted:

Guilty Gear is the one thing I can't help but be a filthy secondary on because I just can't get into fighting games. :v:

A lot of the characters are fun to draw though.

Post your art

I said come in! posted:

Illusion of Gaia has a dungeon that has flying skulls, and spiders, and you travel along giant mushrooms and vines. This game continues to escalate in weirdness.

Illusion of Gaia is cool and also it has this sorta weird melancholy tone to it. Have you been collecting all of the red gems?

Also it is one of the only games I can think of where you attack things by swinging a flute at them.

Harrow posted:

SaGa Frontier canonically has an "Italy"

In the remaster, an anonymous informant tells Fuse to refer to him as "the Italian Restaurant Chef"

Surprised you'd go with that and not just the fact that one of the worlds is "Manhattan".

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

FirstAidKite posted:

Surprised you'd go with that and not just the fact that one of the worlds is "Manhattan".

At this point I just take that for granted :v:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

FirstAidKite posted:

Illusion of Gaia is cool and also it has this sorta weird melancholy tone to it. Have you been collecting all of the red gems?

Also it is one of the only games I can think of where you attack things by swinging a flute at them.

I have yes, also got to the Hamlet sacrifice scene and holy poo poo is it unintentionally hilarious https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7RHp65-OBo

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

I said come in! posted:

I have yes, also got to the Hamlet sacrifice scene and holy poo poo is it unintentionally hilarious https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7RHp65-OBo

It's such a weird scene in a game filled with weird scenes.

The game's just got this moodiness to it that I can only describe as melancholic and fatalistic. Extremely fatalistic.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Jay Rust posted:

Explain THIS

I've had Starcraft themed shots at a barcade, therefore, Zerg are real and I serve the swarm

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Acerbatus posted:

I'm 99% sure there's one in Automata so it's not that much of a surprise tbh.

It is perhaps slightly more "cringe" to have an achievement for "discovering Kainé's secret" compared to 2B/9S

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Khanstant posted:

I've had Starcraft themed shots at a barcade, therefore, Zerg are real and I serve the swarm

Fantasy literature referring to real-world locations really is the same as a real-world location referring to fantasy literature, NOT

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

A zergling walks into a bar and asks, "Is the bartender tender here?"

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
It'd be like if you were running around in some high fantasy medieval game set in a completely separate universe entirely different from our own and out of nowhere there's a can of heineken

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

FirstAidKite posted:

It'd be like if you were running around in some high fantasy medieval game set in a completely separate universe entirely different from our own and out of nowhere there's a can of heineken

Remember when in-game advertising was going to be the next big thing?

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

FirstAidKite posted:

This reminds me of an art history class I was in one time where the professor asked if anyone knew what Theseus used to kill the Minotaur, and would not move on until someone answered, so I finally said "I don't know, probably a gun" and she said "haha no that's not a very realistic answer. It was actually a magical sword"

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

This reminds me of an art history class I was in one time where the professor asked if anyone knew what Theseus used to kill the Minotaur, and would not move on until someone answered, so I finally said "I don't know, probably a gun" and she said "haha no that's not a very realistic answer. It was actually a magical sword"

Gun is cooler
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6XYV2ril78

Weedle
May 31, 2006

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

man i hate that poo poo. after like five seconds of no one answering just move on. answer it yourself if it's a real question. i still remember this time a prof asked us a really patronizing question about how some sad documentary reel made us feel and there was dead silence for at least fifteen seconds until one lady was like "BAD"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

false; Theseus slew the Minotaur with a robot girl