Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Happy Hedonist
Jan 18, 2009

I'm gonna be the rear end in a top hat who's disappointed because I wanted 4k VF.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

I've still never played virtua fighter, and have no idea if I'd like it, but I'll probably buy it just to support the game :shobon:

Maybe I should actually try playing it in Yakuza 7

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
Virtua Fighter is the best fighting game no one ever plays.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

vf rules so much

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

I feel bad for the guy that just released the Yakuza mod. At least it had a weekend or so.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

VF Esports is gonna be a crossover with Idolmaster, just wait.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Overbite posted:

Virtua Fighter is the best fighting game no one ever plays.

People say that about every game thats not in the top 10

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

VF is cool but i have no idea how to play an if you accidently jump your character does like a 25 foot vertical moon bounce

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Virtua Fighter esports

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Real hurthling! posted:

VF is cool but i have no idea how to play an if you accidently jump your character does like a 25 foot vertical moon bounce

I've only ever played 2 which is fun but the floatiest feeling FG I've ever played. I'm sure they feel different now tho

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
Finally VF with esports friendly features like hit sparks, supers, and ad breaks.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Playing VF4-5 with pals and learning Lei-Fei to gently caress them up (especially that prick who mained Lion, gently caress that guy) is legit the only time any fighting game had me feeling like some kind of goddamn kung fu master unleashing fists of doom and handstand kicks.

I'm loving awful at VF but I love it and will always pick it up it whenever its released on a new system.

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/DotEsports/status/1384857593559015426

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
Has that screenshot and that one clip over a programmers shoulder been the only footage of that game to exist over the past year?

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

...oh they are just putting League characters in a fighting game? I thought they were at least making a whole new game. :effort: Riot

This won't be a clusterfuck at all, no sir :shepface:

I forgot this thing even existed; figured it was vaporware

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

gently caress yes.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

TulliusCicero posted:

...oh they are just putting League characters in a fighting game? I thought they were at least making a whole new game. :effort: Riot

:confused:

Pockyless
Jun 6, 2004
With flaming Canadians and such :(

Real hurthling! posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=boM7T3BWewY

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

I still hope Project L becomes Project Hold This L for Riot

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

TulliusCicero posted:

This won't be a clusterfuck at all, no sir :shepface:

I forgot this thing even existed; figured it was vaporware

Whta

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I want to play a f2p league skin of rt and just spam fireball until its time to dp

I want mandatory voice chat too

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

drat riot's putting out project L? gonna have to be more specific

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

I honestly thought the fighting game was a new IP. I didn't realize they were doing a League Fighting game. Sounds like a fun idea?

Hey could be good, most likely (given Riot's history),

Yardbomb posted:

Project Hold This L for Riot

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
I hope Riot goes bankrupt over this.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Gologle posted:

I don't know if that's possible. Doesn't LoL generate "gently caress YOU" money?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

teagone posted:

I don't know if that's possible. Doesn't LoL generate "gently caress YOU" money?

Yeah it also generates sex harassment complaints

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Hope they make wildly meta-shifting patches every two weeks and redesign a character every two months.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Gologle posted:

why would riot go bankrupt making a spinoff of what is easily one of the most successful videogames of all time

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Real hurthling! posted:

Yeah it also generates sex harassment complaints

Makes sense. Their company logo is a straight up "bro" fist. Lmao.

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

keep yr head up, problem girl
Project L design is being helmed by some p good fgc dudes? Patrick "pattheflip" Miller is the big one I know.

He's an old CvS2 player, runs Play Guilty Gear in NorCal, wrote that From Masher to Master beginner's guide ebook for SRK, and regularly writes a bunch of good Medium articles about learning fighting games.

I have no idea if that translates to being able to design a game from scratch? But at least the people on the Project seem to be deep-in fgc people and not a bunch of LoL skin interns frantically googling what a frame data is.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

it’s presumably based on rising thunder, which had seth killian and the cannon brothers involved.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

b_d posted:

it’s presumably based on rising thunder, which had seth killian and the cannon brothers involved.

s-kill left the project really early on, the cannon bros do tech stuff not design stuff

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
That's why I said "hope". Realistically, this could flop the instant it's out the gate and it wouldn't matter, but I want to believe.

Hairy Right Hook
Sep 9, 2001

Hee to the ho
Can't wait to pre-order the collector's edition, watch 100 hours of sponsored streams for drops, play Valorant, and a bunch of other stuff but play the actual game to unlock poo poo!!

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Instead of a KoF XV trailer this week here's a Hibiki trailer for SamSho

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yPBrQOmAYQ

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Blockhouse posted:

Instead of a KoF XV trailer this week here's a Hibiki trailer for SamSho

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yPBrQOmAYQ

:hellyeah:

Oh she looks so good. And that Last Blade 2 music is still godlike

Barudak
May 7, 2007

All I want from Project L is for Leona to not have high heels. I ask so little.

Blue Labrador
Feb 17, 2011

I don't want Project L to be bad, but I am a little nervous about hardcore Riot fans entering my niche little hobby space.

I have heard that Riot is skeevy, but I don't know why people say that about them specifically.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Blue Labrador posted:

I have heard that Riot is skeevy, but I don't know why people say that about them specifically.

They've just harbored a lot of sexual harassment and employee abuse in general, on top of the usual scummy company poo poo, this person designed this skin for us and it sold a bajillion units, here's a check for five bucks kid, that sorta thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

They had like a company policy that you had to breathe in if your boss farted on you or something wild like that lol there were so many accusations