Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.

Libra posted:

Superman should also be tubby and out of shape. He gets his incredible strength from the sun and can lift buildings with ease, which makes it difficult to get a proper workout, let alone a bodybuilding routine. He just uses hypnosis to make everyone believe that he's totally chiseled and ripped.

If DC wants to stay relevant, they will give us Fat Naked Schlub Superman, the boldest and most exciting new take on the character since his original conception.

Comes back from the super fridge with a super hoagy to find fat, naked, schlubby Darkseid sitting in his spot on the couch, ruining all of the comfy contours with his rocky bum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daktar
Aug 19, 2008

I done turned 'er head into a slug an' now she's a-stucked!
Anyone who can teleport should be fat, I don't want to hear any nonsense about how doing so burns energy. If I could teleport I would just be bamfing continuously from fridge to sofa and down to the shop when the fridge gets empty.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
They teleport the fat out of their body

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Been catching up on the stuff around X of Swords because of course it's spread out over multiple titles, so catching up on New Mutants (previously the only post-Krakoa title I'd read) this popped up:

(New Mutants #9)

That's Cyclops' rear end lmao

extra spoilery:

and he's got them butt stripes like he's got Domino grafts lmao

BioTech
Feb 5, 2007
...drinking myself to sleep again...

FFT posted:

What? How? That looks like his chest and arm to me. Top stripe is like a collar, pinkish stripe is his jawline and you can see the side of his visor at the top.

The Lobotomy Kid
Aug 27, 2011

and act like a nut.
Cyclops texting Jean an extremely cropped pick of his shoulder/peck area

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
Is this one of those old lady/young lady optical illusion things

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

BioTech posted:

What? How? That looks like his chest and arm to me. Top stripe is like a collar, pinkish stripe is his jawline and you can see the side of his visor at the top.

That's absolutely it, though if you cropped off the neck it could be Cyclops bending over to work on a car, displaying some X-cake for the world

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

FFT posted:

Been catching up on the stuff around X of Swords because of course it's spread out over multiple titles, so catching up on New Mutants (previously the only post-Krakoa title I'd read) this popped up:

(New Mutants #9)

extra spoilery:

I know our brains have an uncanny ability to see faces in everything, but this is next level

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Sometimes you see what you want to see :yosbutt:

Libra
Jan 5, 2011

Does Cyclops even canonically have an rear end? I feel like he doesn't, which should have been your first clue.

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

RoadCrewWorker posted:

I know our brains have an uncanny ability to see faces in everything, but this is next level

How do you cultivate this? I want Paredolia, but for asses, that sounds like an incredible power.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

FFT posted:

(New Mutants #9)

extra spoilery:

All right Dr. Werthersoriginal.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
They must have given cyke some weird anatomy during resurrection if his butt is somewhere in view since that's his head in the top right

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas
I think I got it figured out using my forensic intuition.

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

How Wonderful! posted:

I think I got it figured out using my forensic intuition.

With this image inducer it feels like I'm wearing nothing at all!

Nothing at all!

Nothing at all!

The_Other
Dec 28, 2012

Welcome Back, Galaxy Geek.

Splint Chesthair posted:

With this image inducer it feels like I'm wearing nothing at all!

Nothing at all!

Nothing at all!

Stupid sexy Cyclops.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

The Thing! #10 (1953)

The Vault of Horror #9 (1994)

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Peggy doesn't look that concerned about her aunt there. Looks more like she's trying to remember where she put her keys.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Daktar posted:

Anyone who can teleport should be fat, I don't want to hear any nonsense about how doing so burns energy. If I could teleport I would just be bamfing continuously from fridge to sofa and down to the shop when the fridge gets empty.

Beyond whatever calories teleporting uses, Nightcrawler is shown doing cardio constantly.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Daktar posted:

By NetHack rules, which is the final authority on most fantasy mechanics, it actually takes significantly more calories.

Skwirl posted:

Beyond whatever calories teleporting uses, Nightcrawler is shown doing cardio constantly.

Also that. He's constantly crawling on some wall or ceiling.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

cant cook creole bream posted:

Also that. He's constantly crawling on some wall or ceiling.

He’s Nightcrawler, not Nightwalker

Libra
Jan 5, 2011

How does he ambulate during the day?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
now i'm remembering the dude from darker than black whose price for teleporting was that he had to find someone and tell them things in far too much detail. he was a fat middle aged guy and teleporting in that show was always naked.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Libra posted:

How does he ambulate during the day?

He doesn't!

Professor X is like "to me, my X-men" and Kurt points at the clock and holds up a fist because he doesn't have middle fingers.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

BioTech posted:

Wow, I completely missed that thin chin line at the top of the panel, huh.

In my defense, my initial read of it was hilarious

Esplanade
Jan 6, 2005

Libra posted:

Does Cyclops even canonically have an rear end? I feel like he doesn't, which should have been your first clue.

Don't know if Marvel Puzzle Quest is canon, but this is how Cyclops activates his "Mutant Revolutionary" power in-game.

"Cyclops makes a public display of strength to rally young mutants to his side."

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Esplanade posted:

Don't know if Marvel Puzzle Quest is canon, but this is how Cyclops activates his "Mutant Revolutionary" power in-game.

"Cyclops makes a public display of strength to rally young mutants to his side."

Pfft, he's no Dick Grayson, he's not even a Steve Rogers.

GPTribefan
Jul 2, 2007
Something witty yet inspirational about the Cleveland Indians

Esplanade posted:

That’s Krakoa’s rear end

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

GPTribefan posted:

That’s Krakoa’s rear end

Pitiful

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
They don't call him Slim for nothin'! :v:

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

surely there are better candidates for Krakoa's rear end than Cyclops

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Alaois posted:

Male rear end. Forge, Sunspot, Wolverine, Nightcrawler, Thunderbird.

Female rear end, basically every one that was in a comic in the 90s, but especially Kwanon and Rogue.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

definitely Forge

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Alaois posted:

definitely Forge

The difference between Rogue before she was ever drawn by Jim Lee and Rogue after she was drawn by Jim Lee.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Skwirl posted:

Male rear end. Forge, Sunspot, Wolverine, Nightcrawler, Thunderbird.

Female rear end, basically every one that was in a comic in the 90s, but especially Kwanon and Rogue.

Is Betsy Braddock not in Kwannon's body anymore? I haven't kept up with any of the X-comics.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

hiddenriverninja posted:

Is Betsy Braddock not in Kwannon's body anymore? I haven't kept up with any of the X-comics.

she hasn't been in kwannon's body for like 4 years

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

hiddenriverninja posted:

Correct. They swapped back shortly before the current relaunch.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Alaois posted:

she hasn't been in kwannon's body for like 4 years

It's hilarious that Kwannon has been in both the worst and one of the best books since the relaunch (Fallen Angels and Hellions, respectively).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Alaois posted:

Yeah, like Glob