Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Bloody Pom posted:

There go my hopes of the ME2 recruitment missions being available in any order (as was originally intended) :sigh:

While I have my doubts that they'll bother to restore this, there is still hope given that the modern 2-disc situation is usually just "put in first disc, let it copy, then use the second disc to play."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

What are these “discs” people speak of.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Call me a sceptical Sally but this is due out in under a month and there's not a lot of it out there besides the odd screenshot covered with lens flare and a few very brief gameplay sections from ME1.

Scandalous
Jul 16, 2009
Udina Did Nothing Wrong

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Call me a sceptical Sally but this is due out in under a month and there's not a lot of it out there besides the odd screenshot covered with lens flare and a few very brief gameplay sections from ME1.

The other games came out in 2010 and 2012 already just look those up

Tirranek
Feb 13, 2014

Will be nice if Shepard can put away their gun in ME3

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

This poo poo is so loving tired dude

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Bioware has yet to let us down.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Either:

- they know everyone in the world is gonna buy it already

- it's some horrible disaster that barely runs

Considering these are ports of old games I'd say you have to be a real Conspiracy Connie to seriously think they'd release a hosed up version of this. That would pretty much destroy goodwill for EA and I think it's more likely they'd just delay it if there's anything wrong

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

Seriously this is like the safest release in the world for them, they could delay it for another six months and it would still make them absurd bank. It's not likely to be Utterly Disastrous:tm:

That said I don't blame people at all for assuming that in light of *gestures broadly at the last decade of Bioware releases*

DourCricket
Jan 15, 2021

Thanks Coupleofkooks

There's no long gameplay segments here, but we do see quite a few snippets and comparisons in the IGN video -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qL-7-2dL0A0

This doesn't speak to the general quality of the remaster but its more than screenshots.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Psycho Landlord posted:

Seriously this is like the safest release in the world for them, they could delay it for another six months and it would still make them absurd bank. It's not likely to be Utterly Disastrous:tm:

That said I don't blame people at all for assuming that in light of *gestures broadly at the last decade of Bioware releases*

To be fair, it's not out of the realm of EA stupidity to think "eh, Cyberpunk was broken and it still made money, YOLO" :j:

Kobal2
Apr 29, 2019

Psycho Landlord posted:

Ah yes, the notoriously long term vision of *checks notes* major game publishers and their stockholders.

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

Second part of the post was there for a reason my friend

Zlodo
Nov 25, 2006

exquisite tea posted:

What are these “discs” people speak of.

Willatron
Sep 22, 2009
After the absolutely mint job done with the Command and Conquer remaster last summer I'm willing to give EA the benefit of the doubt on the Mass Effect remaster and I'm expecting it to be good.

I'm not so naďve that I think they've "learned their lesson" or whatever, but I do think they may have realized their loving about has devalued some of the best IP acquisitions they've made and they need to get it right or they'll just have a bunch of franchises nobody likes anymore on their hands.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule
EA/BioWare have Mass Effect: Sorry coming out sometime in the next few years and want people to think good things about Mass Effect again so I think they probably aren't loving this up

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

When Garrus and Shepard go shooting bottles on the Citadel, has it ever occurred to anyone that they are shooting sniper rifles into passing traffic directly above them?

Radio Free Kobold
Aug 11, 2012

"Federal regulations mandate that at least 30% of our content must promote Reptilian or Draconic culture. This is DJ Scratch N' Sniff with the latest mermaid screeching on KBLD..."

Nichael posted:

When Garrus and Shepard go shooting bottles on the Citadel, has it ever occurred to anyone that they are shooting sniper rifles into passing traffic directly above them?

that's just part of the challenge

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY

Nichael posted:

And Mass Effect snipers are loud as gently caress, bunch of terrified people below them.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Nichael posted:

Something something training rounds or whatever Garrus calls them.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

If you live on the citadel you probably run into one or two horrifying or unsafe things every week.

ghouldaddy07
Jun 23, 2008
I'm Commander Shepard and if you don't like then you beat the reapers.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Thom12255 posted:

And Mass Effect snipers are loud as gently caress, bunch of terrified people below them.

It was a poor neighborhood. All CSec are bastards.

Kobal2
Apr 29, 2019

Nichael posted:

Yeah, but if a local calls the cops they'll probably end up getting shot by them. It's a dilemma.

Kobal2 fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Apr 22, 2021

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

By 3 most Citadel residents probably welcome getting nailed by a stray sniper round.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
Mass Effect rounds are no joke IIRC, if those things hit someone unshielded/unarmored they basically explode them

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Pattonesque posted:

Mass Effect rounds are no joke IIRC, if those things hit someone unshielded/unarmored they basically explode them

I mean 'Rounds' In ME3 are just slivers of metal accelerated to semi-luminal speeds.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

Kurieg posted:

I mean 'Rounds' In ME3 are just slivers of metal accelerated to semi-luminal speeds.

yeah they're tiny but it doesn't matter because they move so incredibly fast

Radio Free Kobold
Aug 11, 2012

"Federal regulations mandate that at least 30% of our content must promote Reptilian or Draconic culture. This is DJ Scratch N' Sniff with the latest mermaid screeching on KBLD..."

kinetic energy is mass times velocity squared. mass effect bullets are basically grains of sand moving at c-fractional velocity

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Right, i was more saying that ..

I mean honestly how the gently caress do cryo/incindiary rounds work in ME anyways?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
To wit: "SIR ISAAC NEWTON IS THE DEADLIEST SON OF A BITCH IN SPACE!"

Radio Free Kobold
Aug 11, 2012

Kurieg posted:

I mean honestly how the gently caress do cryo/incindiary rounds work in ME anyways?

probably some kind of space magic. this setting is only hard science when it feels like it.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Oh look, the dead and mysteriously revived Spectre, who worked with that human supremacy terrorist group, and the reject cop who went around extrajudicially killing people on the poor people station, are in the rafters shooting sniper rifles into the air.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Kurieg posted:

they're charged with cold particles

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

Kurieg posted:

one has little ice cubes attached to them, the other is coated in gasoline

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Well my point is that since they're basically slivers accelerated to relativistic speeds there isn't enough there to react the way that real world specialty rounds do.

Kobal2
Apr 29, 2019

Kurieg posted:

Well my point is that since they're basically slivers accelerated to relativistic speeds there isn't enough there to react the way that real world specialty rounds do.

Since they're basically slivers accelerated to relativistic speeds there is no way in hell *anything* should survive taking one, much less a magdump. Organics getting shot in the ME universe should basically explode like they're extras on The Boys. And yet...

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

hobbesmaster posted:

It was a poor neighborhood. All CSec are bastards.

famous galaxy hero and best friend are just firing rounds over the Baterian neighborhood/ghetto.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

It was the presidium which is the rich gated country club so actually vandalism and random stray rounds exploding people is praxis.