Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

The Mets are looking pretty good if you need to follow another local team.

lol I'm good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

🎶 MEET THE METS,
🎶 MEET THE METS,
🎶 Step right up and greet the Mets!

Dog Faced JoJo
Oct 15, 2004

Woof Woof

SAS is surely going to turn on Bryant now.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

🎶 MEET THE METS,
🎶 MEET THE METS,
🎶 Step right up and greet the Mets!

I have too many Mets fans in my life who I have talked too much poo poo to to ever be able to switch...

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Dog Faced JoJo posted:

Never. Kris Bryant is a hero of the people.

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

Dog Faced JoJo posted:

I lived in Chicago for 7 years and the only time I heard about whatever "Buona" is was at baseball games. Is it some restaurant in the ballpark or something?

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
It's always weird to me when a pitcher naturally starts losing velocity over time then suddenly has a velocity spike, especially if they didn't have TJS.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Well I'm enjoying the Rangers hovering in the vicinity of .500 and generally not looking like a bottom 3 team, hope they keep it. Adolis Garcia is quickly becoming one of my favorites, maybe he'll do like Joey Gallo and unexpectedly keep getting on base just enough to be a viable player.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Slimy Hog posted:

I lived in Chicago for 7 years and the only time I heard about whatever "Buona" is was at baseball games. Is it some restaurant in the ballpark or something?

Buona is a beef product brand you can purchase in Chicago-area grocery stores. I literally only know about it from Anthony Rizzo's smiling face. And occasionally Frank Thomas's smiling face appearing alongside Anthony Rizzo's smiling face. There's lots of smiling involved in Buona promotional materials, but only and exclusively baseball players.

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

Noblest of all dogs is the hot-dog; it feeds the hand that bites it.
This is all I think of when reading that word. Also, I giggle every time.

edit- I also do not know how to make that display inline apparently.

humpthewind fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Apr 22, 2021

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

eyyyyyy I got a buona ovah heah

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Buona is a restaurant chain similar to Portillos, they serve Italian beef sandwiches.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I’d hate to see what it would look like when mcmagic turns on someone.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Popete posted:

Buona is a restaurant chain similar to Portillos, they serve Italian beef sandwiches.

Wait, really? I have never seen one. To Google Maps!

e: oh they're all in the suburbs except one that's inexplicably in Streeterville. And I guess there's one outside of Salt Lake City?

rickiep00h fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Apr 22, 2021

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

RCarr posted:

I’d hate to see what it would look like when mcmagic turns on someone.

I don't really turn on guys. Most of the guys I don't like now, I never liked.

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

rickiep00h posted:

Wait, really? I have never seen one. To Google Maps!

e: oh they're all in the suburbs except one that's inexplicably in Streeterville. And I guess there's one outside of Salt Lake City?

Yeah, Buona is for suburbanites who think Portillo's (which has just opened its second location in city limits) is too "downtown" for their liking

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

more falafel please posted:

Yeah, Buona is for suburbanites who think Portillo's (which has just opened its second location in city limits) is too "downtown" for their liking

I'm sorry but there is a Portillo's in like every suburb, this is an insane take. Also here's my deranged Chicago food take: Portillo's is overrated and apparently showed up where I grew up and ran my childhood hotdog joint out of town how dare they, I will never forgive them.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002
Probation
Can't post for 23 hours!

Somewhere on Cubs Twitter, someone is REAL MAD about fraternizing with the opponent.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I posted this in the Chicago thread but people here might appreciate it as well. With the weather warming up (theoretically) in Chicago baseball/softballs season are kicking off. Chicago has a particular brand of softball called 16" that does not use gloves. Here is game broadcast on tv in the 90s and it's possibly the most Chicago thing I've ever seen. Skip around and enjoy the broadcast crew, they're great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hB7Z4P5VVgY

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Popete posted:

I posted this in the Chicago thread but people here might appreciate it as well. With the weather warming up (theoretically) in Chicago baseball/softballs season are kicking off. Chicago has a particular brand of softball called 16" that does not use gloves. Here is game broadcast on tv in the 90s and it's possibly the most Chicago thing I've ever seen. Skip around and enjoy the broadcast crew, they're great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hB7Z4P5VVgY

This is incredible

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

I have an old coworker who is inducted into the 16" softball hall of fame. Conveniently located in Forest Park!

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Yeah before the rona I was considering joining a 16" league, if only because there's no way I'm hitting a baseball. But also for *~Chicago White People Street Cred~*

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

I can't get behind 16" for me the whole point of beer league softball is to do baseball schtick while not really playing a sport and a lot if that involves how cool baseball gloves are, love that thwap into the glove, baby.

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
What does this remind you of

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Noooooo! Noooooo!

Dog Faced JoJo
Oct 15, 2004

Woof Woof

Buona is to Portillo's as Wendy's is to Culver's

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Each have their strong points but one is more expensive so is considered better?

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
gently caress I want Culver's now. also I want to be 40 and playing softball with a bitchin' stache and for everybody to call me Hardstone

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

I'll still be playing Chicago beer league hockey at 40, which has just as much drinking as softball, but with a year-round season.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I loving love Softball. The day my body fails me and I can no longer play will be a sad day.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

RCarr posted:

I loving love Softball. The day my body fails me and I can no longer play will be a sad day.

it sucks, OP

e: the part about the body failing, softball rules

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
https://mobile.twitter.com/Cubs/status/1385356915169968131

lol

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Is that the end of the Joc Pederson every day player experiment already?

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
NICOOOOOO

It's over for the rest of the Central

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

I told a friend from Chicago I play softball and he asked me what size of ball. I had no idea what the gently caress he was talking about

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Soft sized

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
N: Mariners held to 3 hits over 10 innings.

V: Ms beat Red Sox 7-3

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

Some Numbers posted:

N: Mariners held to 3 hits over 10 innings.

V: Ms beat Red Sox 7-3

they're also back in first

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

https://twitter.com/katetscott/status/1385419478633115648

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Leave the loving bunny at home. It doesn't want to be at a baseball game.