Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

Silly Burrito posted:

Would it be funnier now if they took another QB or someone like Kyle Pitts to make the two TE set?

Honestly Shanahan trading up to pair Pitts with Kittle would loving rule and I would applaud him for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY
do not insult Auden Tate. final warning

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

Professor Funk posted:

Honestly Shanahan trading up to pair Pitts with Kittle would loving rule and I would applaud him for it.

If Jimmy G could stay healthy it would probably work out really well but he can’t.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

fsif posted:

Just sucks that San Fran went to town leaking their interest in Mac Jones. Would have been grand to watch them select him at 3 without any warning.

AFAIK there are no sources from within the niners camp saying they want jones. It is 100% conjecture from talking heads because they made the trade, went to the pro day soon after, and Shanahan has had pocket QBs in the past.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Eifert Posting posted:

I'm at peace with the Bengals drafting Chase. I still think it's a dumb risk and they're likely not going to get the guy they want on the line, but gently caress it, if we have three receivers who require a double team you can't rush the passer.

it just means ryan finley is gonna be throwing to those WRs by week 5

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

a neat cape posted:

it just means ryan finley is gonna be throwing to those WRs by week 5

He's a Texan.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Eifert Posting posted:

He's a Texan.

insert equally bad backup QB here then

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/AllbrightNFL/status/1385048914185703424

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Why move to 7 when you can make to 6

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
This is me accepting a likely eventuality, not changing my mind.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Amy Pole Her posted:

Why move to 7 when you can make to 6

just get someone to protect herbert i dont care what it costs

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

joe burrow will protect herbert

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Bengals are trading back and will doom more people to Cincinatti

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

Doltos posted:

Bengals are trading back and will doom more people to Cincinatti

It's fine they have dozens of fans

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era
Give Herbert a gun for self defense

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Woozie66 posted:

no get back chargers medical staff BACK

/pow pow

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

FizFashizzle posted:

no get back chargers medical staff BACK

/pow pow

Even considering how straight California firearm and self-defense laws are I don't think anyone would ever convict for that.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Yes. Yes. You know what's interesting. The quarterback for the Atlanta Falcons is Bobby Hebert. No "r" which I find fascinating. You know it's Herbert h-e-r-b-e-r-t, Hebert h-e-b-e-r-t. "Hebert" it's a fun name to pronounce. Try and say it Hebert. Take a shot. All right.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Woozie66 posted:

Justin:
What the f*** are you carrying a gun for? What, in case somebody steps to you, Snoop Dogg?

Lonzo Ball:
Hey man, you're not from here, alright. You don't know how it is. I grew up in L.A.

Keenan Allen:
...Anaheim.

Lonzo Ball:
Whatever, man! It's different out here. It's not like Eugene, Justin.

nah
Mar 16, 2009

I'm a little too all-in on the Dolphins taking Pitts and I would be sad if they don't but also there's a lot of other great options at #6 and I think that's a very good sign for the team the Miami Dolphins. I hope they draft good players and perform well

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

nah posted:

I'm a little too all-in on the Dolphins taking Pitts and I would be sad if they don't but also there's a lot of other great options at #6 and I think that's a very good sign for the team the Miami Dolphins. I hope they draft good players and perform well

Pitts or a trade down + Waddle/Smith. I prefer Waddle overall but itd be hard to be upset with Smith. Ive set standards impossibly high.

If they take D Smith @ 6 that's just a tad underwhelming. Again, impossibly high.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

i really hope the panthers don't draft Chase if he's there.

seems like it would set up a situation where they let moore walk in two seasons and I'd rather they just extend him.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

My Dolphins draft preferences in order:

Stay at 6 and take Pitts

Stay at 6 and take Chase

Trade down and take Waddle

Trade down and take Smith

Stay at 6 and take Waddle

Stay at 6 and take Smith

Trade down and inexplicably take a defensive player and listen to a press conference where I’m told Jaycee Horn or Micah Parsons was the top guy on their board.

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God
Would Rashawn Slater be seen as an overdraft if Carolina took him at 8?

I'm assuming Sewell will be long gone by then, and I'm with Fix in that I'm not super keen on taking any of the WR there.

God forbid one of the non-Mac QBs falls :pray:

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

ozymandius1024 posted:

I'm assuming Sewell will be long gone by then, and I'm with Fix in that I'm not super keen on taking any of the WR there.

If they think slater is the guy then who cares.

Without one of the top QBs, they need to focus on protection and building a very QB friendly offense for Darnold/PJ Walker/Whomever.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

ozymandius1024 posted:

I don't really think anybody's going to call him a reach at 8. The people who rank him ahead of Sewell seem to do it more because they're cool on Penei than because they're hot on Slater, but by all accounts he's a very safe pick. I think people assuming he's not going to be able to play tackle are getting ahead of themselves. He's a very similar prospect to Jonah Williams who's been perfectly fine at left tackle, and would probably be considered very good if it wasn't for his injury history.

I haven't seen anybody who seems to think that he's not going to stick and be a plus starter somewhere on the line.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

FizFashizzle posted:

i really hope the panthers don't draft Chase if he's there.

seems like it would set up a situation where they let moore walk in two seasons and I'd rather they just extend him.

I also hope this happens.

I don't want Chase in the NFCS.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Ehud posted:

My Dolphins draft preferences in order:

Stay at 6 and take Pitts

Stay at 6 and take Chase

Trade down and take Waddle

Trade down and take Smith

Stay at 6 and take Waddle

Stay at 6 and take Smith

Trade down and inexplicably take a defensive player and listen to a press conference where I’m told Jaycee Horn or Micah Parsons was the top guy on their board.

I don't think trading down and taking Parsons is the end of the world, I'd have that above Waddle/Smith at 6.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Another good read on the quarterbacks.
https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1385254409349726214

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the coach actually referred to tom pelissero as "hooman", revealing himself to be an alien from another planet, or an epic pupper

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
drat you Cinci you lucky bastards

Yet another article that has anonymous executives saying Burrow > Lawrence

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

kiimo posted:

Justin:
What the f*** are you carrying a gun for? What, in case somebody steps to you, Snoop Dogg?

Lonzo Ball:
Hey man, you're not from here, alright. You don't know how it is. I grew up in L.A.

Keenan Allen:
...Anaheim.

Lonzo Ball:
Whatever, man! It's different out here. It's not like Eugene, Justin.

Lol

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Man if I were Lonzo I'd be a lot more afraid of Eugene than Anaheim. That specific region of America basically designed modern institutional racism.

There's no way to know how well Joe deals with the adversity of the injury and the general Bengals off-season dysfunction until he gets back on the field this coming year, but I do feel of all the recent prospects He's the most capable of elevating a dysfunctional organization. My only real concern with him is that he seems to support people regardless of their ability. Burrow obviously knows the qualities of a successful head coach better than I do, but from the outside looking in it's a little concerning that he might be drinking the Kool-Aid in a situation where it's not in his best interest.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

highlights from the latest Joe Person article on the Panthers

quote:

- Panthers are not enthralled with QB’s Trey Lance or Mac Jones

- are intrigued by Fields but could just be a smokescreen and isn’t sure there is real interest

- The team really likes CB’s Jayce Horn and Patrick Surtain and both would be targeted IF Panthers trade down

grain of salt. I don't give Person any credit. He's the main reason I won't pay for the Athletic.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
i feel like all the burrow comparisons are retcons. he had one insanely great year in college, with 2 stud wrs and everything falling into place. not terribly different than mac jones

hell, if lawrence had come out last year i bet he'd have gone ahead of burrow even after losing the title game to him

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

mastershakeman posted:

i feel like all the burrow comparisons are retcons. he had one insanely great year in college, with 2 stud wrs and everything falling into place. not terribly different than mac jones

hell, if lawrence had come out last year i bet he'd have gone ahead of burrow even after losing the title game to him

There definitely some "one year wonder" talk on Burrow

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Lawrence and Burrow coming out in the same year would have absolutely been the biggest draft debate since Manning/Leaf. Maybe even bigger frankly.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Lawrence and Burrow coming out in the same year would have absolutely been the biggest draft debate since Manning/Leaf. Maybe even bigger frankly.

joe burrow was a rs senior when lawrence was a sophomore, they couldn’t have declared the same year

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
My gut is that Mike would have preferred Trevor because he's really big on tools and athletic ability, I think Zack would have preferred Burrow.

I think ultimately the team was probably drafting Burrow even if Lawrence went that year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

mastershakeman posted:

Lawrence would have almost certainly gone ahead of Burrow, I agree. Burrow is a better prospect than Jones because he was just as accurate and productive while also displaying much better escapability and improvisation. His ability to make plays with his legs and throw on the run was a big part of why he shot up to number 1 and that isn’t something that had anything to do with the talent around him.