Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
rip overwatch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Famous TV Dad
Nov 1, 2011

hmm thats not good

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

19 years at Blizzard is a respectable number. RIP 'Tigole Bitties'.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Just 1 year shy of his helm.

megane
Jun 20, 2008

"Hey everyone, this is some other loser, from the Overwatch team." :dawkins101:

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.
This change in management is just what we need to get Overwatch 2 released.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
Let's all have a moment of silence for the last shred of charisma remaining anywhere in Blizzard.

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

fix jeff's game, aaron

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Guess we'll never get a sequel to this now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMDItOwN_SU

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020
who's left from the old pre-2000 days now?

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

cosmicjim posted:

Are you playing off tank exclusively or are you playing shield tank also as needed?

Do you have a decent system with decent frame rate?

right now i am almost exclusively playing zarya. the only tanks i don't really feel comfortable playing are rein and hog. i feel like my orisa, winston, ball, sigma are serviceable and i can play dva but probably need more practice with her before i play her in comp.

i still have a 970, runs overwatch fine though

anyways, i climbed from 1952 to 2023 these past 2 days so i am excited. the game that put me into gold the other team had a leaver which is bad luck for them but fortunate for me as it pushed me to 2001.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
Any tips for playing Rein on defense? I love pressing W with him but in defensive situations I feel like I can't figure out how to get to effective range with the enemy without winding up in a terrible position I can't easily escape from.

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

I take it you don't want my autograph, then.

https://playoverwatch.com/en-us/news/patch-notes/

Everything except Sombra's decloak speed is in. I'd like to believe dva remech is jeff's last parting gift

Mr. Locke
Jul 28, 2010

Pope Guilty posted:

Any tips for playing Rein on defense? I love pressing W with him but in defensive situations I feel like I can't figure out how to get to effective range with the enemy without winding up in a terrible position I can't easily escape from.

The sad truth is frequently on defense as Rein you're waiting for the engage and until then your most valuable trait is 2150 combined shield, health, and armor to place between them and who they'd like to get a pick on before attacking. If you're good enough at playing that wall, you'll eventually frustrate them into engaging, otherwise you kind of need your team to either force them to engage in other ways or to join you in a counter-engage because you, on your own, will get shot a lot and die trying to run into the enemy line and don't really have anything that says 'yeah, come at me' on your own besides just denying them opportunities by existing. You've got five other teammates, and you're gonna need their help to get into the attacking team if they're just refusing to enter your zone.

Sometimes the enemy is diving all the time and you get to swing away, and sometimes the enemy is trying to slow roll in with double shield or something and you just have to sigh and try to figure out when you can afford to put the barrier down long enough to let it recover or eat damage to help your supports build ult without just dying and otherwise just wait. I'd focus instead on playing that part of the game- get better at positioning and rationing your health and just be as miserable a bastard as possible so that they feel like they just HAVE to run at you because of it.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

Halt&Hook back on the menu boys!

also they bumped the sombra speed in cloak from experimental from 60 to 65

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

Jeff wrote this on reddit

that last line :ohdear:

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Ignis posted:

that last line :ohdear:

:blizz:

Seriously, sounds kinda ominous.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Well drat, laters Jeff. Thank you for that last D'Va buff <3

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

hobbesmaster posted:

:blizz:

Seriously, sounds kinda ominous.

eh maybe that's the trick with the overwatch IP, you gotta cancel a game to make it work

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
It's astonishing how bad that skin is. There are some really bad skins but that one is in contention for one of the worst in the whole game.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

I mean, it's not THAT bad imho. I like the gloves and the belt and the corn rows.

Just an odd skin for Mei if anything.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Macaluso posted:

It's astonishing how bad that skin is. There are some really bad skins but that one is in contention for one of the worst in the whole game.

I like the name!

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

It's pretty bad.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Does her primary shoot menthol cream as MM-Mei?

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
Mm..Mei

withoutclass
Nov 6, 2007

Resist the siren call of rhinocerosness

College Slice
This skin is probably what made Jeff quit.

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

AndyElusive posted:

I mean, it's not THAT bad imho. I like the gloves and the belt and the corn rows.

Just an odd skin for Mei if anything.

It's made for the pun, there's an OWL tournament called the May Melee. (And the MMA fighter she's probably based on is also Chinese)

imagine dungeons
Jan 24, 2008

Like an arrow, I was only passing through.
Evidently, people are upset that she has cornrows calling it cultural appropriation. Wtf do they think boxers and mma fighters do with their hair?

Dick Jones
Jun 20, 2002

Number 2 Guy at OCP

Macaluso posted:

The skin itself looks decent, it's just that there are plenty of other characters (Soldier, Baptiste, Zarya, Sombra, Lucio, Pharah) who'd be a better fit for the bruised MMA fighter look.

I think Specimen 28 Winston and Clown Junkrat are still the worst as far as design/aesthetics go.

cosmicjim
Mar 23, 2010
VISIT THE STICKIED GOON HOLIDAY CHARITY DRIVE THREAD IN GBS.

Goons are changing the way children get an education in Haiti.

Edit - Oops, no they aren't. They donated to doobie instead.
specimen 28 is boring, but i think clown junkrat is ok.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
Found on Twitter

Only registered members can see post attachments!

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

denimgorilla posted:

Evidently, people are upset that she has cornrows calling it cultural appropriation. Wtf do they think boxers and mma fighters do with their hair?

She should have gone bald, obviously.

In fact, why stop there. Just keep deleting parts of her until finally, you just delete the character and call it a day.

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

i loled really hard when this popped up on the title screen right after installing the update

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

anyone know why you sometimes get the competitive music when you load the roster screen (that shows your teams avg SR) and other times it's the level's music?

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

I'm surprised nobody linked the video from the new guy, he announced there's going to be discussion of Overwatch 2's PvP next week.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Father Wendigo posted:

I'm surprised nobody linked the video from the new guy, he announced there's going to be discussion of Overwatch 2's PvP next week.

nj; dw

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

Father Wendigo posted:

For some reason it isn't shown on the blizzard launcher news. :shrug:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzmZrs7lg5U

He's no Jeff from the Overwatch team, but he'll do.

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

https://twitter.com/overwatchnaeri/status/1393963092065718272?s=21

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

https://twitter.com/PlayOverwatch/status/1393989957249814532