Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
I just bring the block with me, I can also use it to (slowly) charge my phone too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I use my laptop charger on the switch just fine any USB C charger should be okay

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Pablo Nergigante posted:

You can plug the power adapter from the dock directly into the Switch to charge it just fine. That's probably the best way to do it tbh

Yeah. I've charged the switch off my laptop, but it will drain the battery (slowly) if playing while charging, whereas with the block, the second it's plugged it'll charge no matter what.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I said certified Game Freak
Seven days a week

Yeah you fuckin’ with my wet rear end Pikachu
Make an Onix fuckin’ faint with my wet rear end Pikachu

https://youtu.be/QAYvLZGsSXA

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Not every USB-C charger will charge a Switch at full speed because its highest speed is at a slightly unusual wattage that a lot of chargers don't bother with, although a lot more of them since the Switch came out do. Best bet is just to use the official one, but if you're gonna use another charger just check to see if it can put out 18W. I've seen a lot of like 30W laptop chargers that can't actually negotiate to the voltage the Switch wants, and end up charging at a lower wattage as a compromise.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

djfooboo posted:

Never travelled with switch.

Can I just use power brick from dock direct to Switch or just any ‘ole USB-C will work?

You need the power brick if you drain the battery 100% it does NOT charge from a regular USB-C when fully drained. As long as you avoid that you are good. And fully drained is it powers off because of no battery then you let the 5% reserve (or whatever it is) completely drain by letting it sit / starting it up for 3 minutes at a time hoping to get a bit more play time like you are a 5 year old with dead AAs in their gameboy on a roadtrip.

It's very easy to avoid needing.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
Yeah I had no idea, been using my pixel phone charger since launch date. I guess I've never hit zero percent

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

The latest update for Dead Cells is out. Adds new weapons, mutations, and other stuff.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

KingSlime posted:

Yeah I had no idea, been using my pixel phone charger since launch date. I guess I've never hit zero percent

I've only ever had it happen when I shelve the switch for 6 months and don't leave it docked but like on the side table by my bed. It comes up in the thread every month or so it's very panic inducing since it wont turn on until you fill the reserve so it acts dead for a good 15-20 minutes

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

djfooboo posted:

Can I just use power brick from dock direct to Switch or just any ‘ole USB-C will work?

I charge it with my USBC phone charger and never had an issue.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

how's tangledeep? just went on sale. i had it in my deku deals watchlist, which probably meant i saw someone here talking about it. worth $12?

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

abelwingnut posted:

how's tangledeep? just went on sale. i had it in my deku deals watchlist, which probably meant i saw someone here talking about it. worth $12?
Yeah if you're into the thing that it is, a traditional-by-today's-standards roguelike with turn-based combat, town progression between runs, etc., it's a great implementation of that.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Yeah if you're into the thing that it is, a traditional-by-today's-standards roguelike with turn-based combat, town progression between runs, etc., it's a great implementation of that.

I loved the hell out of Dungeons of Dredmor. Is Tangledeep sort of along those lines? Obviously DoD had very jokey writing, and I'm assuming Tangledeep doesn't have that.

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

So, I got my Shantae games from LRG. Didn't get Pirate's Curse back in 2019.

Checked out eBay, they're going for $350500+ :suicide:

glassyalabolas fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Apr 22, 2021

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Waffle! posted:

The latest update for Dead Cells is out. Adds new weapons, mutations, and other stuff.

MFers took a single player metroidvania roguelike and made it a live service game somehow

this is not a complaint, dead cells rules. Glad I evayed my physical copy and went digital though.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I loved the hell out of Dungeons of Dredmor. Is Tangledeep sort of along those lines? Obviously DoD had very jokey writing, and I'm assuming Tangledeep doesn't have that.
Been forever so Dredmor is not fresh on my mind and I'd say it's not the first comparison that would come to mind but, yeah, it's in the genre. Tangledeep has a (very good) 16-bit style of graphics and music and I think the writing also to a certain extent. Good mix of traditional ideas, modern QoL/adjustable difficulty and less traditional twists like a mix-and-match job system in place of rigid classes.

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001

glassyalabolas posted:

So, I got my Shantae games from LRG. Didn't get Pirate's Curse back in 2019.

Checked out eBay, they're going for $350500+ :suicide:
I debated getting Pirate's Curse and skipped it for various reasons (picked it up digital on sale later). It's in a very unique situation though with LRG releasing the steelbook and slip cover much later than the actual game. Honestly, I think if I had bought Pirate's Curse I'd be cashing it in right now.

One of LRG's things is that they never do reprints in part because their collector (speculator) audience would murder them. This is the one instance where if they were going to reprint any Switch title it would've been Pirate's Curse. Hell, they even got XSEED to reprint Half-Genie Hero.

Farquar
Apr 30, 2003

Bjorn you glad I didn't say banana?
Tangleteep is also goon made, so there's another reason you should buy it!

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Farquar posted:

OK that was enough to push me over the ledge

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Goon made, Goon approved

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Farquar posted:

Ah, right, forgot about that. Nice!

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

ExcessBLarg! posted:

I debated getting Pirate's Curse and skipped it for various reasons (picked it up digital on sale later). It's in a very unique situation though with LRG releasing the steelbook and slip cover much later than the actual game. Honestly, I think if I had bought Pirate's Curse I'd be cashing it in right now.

One of LRG's things is that they never do reprints in part because their collector (speculator) audience would murder them. This is the one instance where if they were going to reprint any Switch title it would've been Pirate's Curse. Hell, they even got XSEED to reprint Half-Genie Hero.

I skipped pirate's curse cause I had it on the 3DS. My Shantae collection will be 4/5 forever now.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Is there a comprehensive list of goon-involved games for Switch? I know of Tangledeep, Baba is You, the Steamworld games, and the Turok ports off the top of my head, but I’m sure there’s others I’ve forgotten or wasn’t aware of.

e: If you’re a goon who’s worked on a game for the Switch, please take this as an offer to self-promote. I and others want to know!

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
A goon is involved in steamworld?

Anyone who doesn't own all 4 steamworld games on switch is ... bad. defective in some way.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009
Anyone have recomendations on hitboxes? Im looking something thatll work on PC and switch mainly.

The Postman
May 12, 2007

Mega64 posted:

Is there a comprehensive list of goon-involved games for Switch? I know of Tangledeep, Baba is You, the Steamworld games, and the Turok ports off the top of my head, but I’m sure there’s others I’ve forgotten or wasn’t aware of.

e: If you’re a goon who’s worked on a game for the Switch, please take this as an offer to self-promote. I and others want to know!

There's a thread that covers a bunch of games in general. A good number are on Switch as well. Actually I don't know what I'm talking about, it's a small handful of the list now that I'm looking.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
There was a point and click adventure game I've shamefully forgotten the name of that was goon made

Also I forget if Crossniq+ was goon made or just a friend of a goon but someone was definitely promoting it in here

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

Sudden Javelin posted:

There was a point and click adventure game I've shamefully forgotten the name of that was goon made

Also I forget if Crossniq+ was goon made or just a friend of a goon but someone was definitely promoting it in here

Think this is Gibbous.

https://www.dekudeals.com/items/gibbous-a-cthulhu-adventure

Dave Angel
Sep 8, 2004

Sudden Javelin posted:

Gibbous?

Edit: Or Dropsy?

Dave Angel fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Apr 22, 2021

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I’m fairly certain Hypnospace Outlaw is goon made because the same dude made Dropsy and I think I remember him promoting it on the forums

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Mega64 posted:

Pillars of Eternity was directed by longtime goon ropekid, but apparently the Switch port is kinda fail and should be avoided if you have any other format you can play it on

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Sudden Javelin posted:

This is the Crossniq+ guy, and I say you should buy his game on principle.

https://twitter.com/MaxKriegerVG/status/1384980143102435342

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

djfooboo posted:

For the future, you're gonna want this

https://www.genkithings.com/products/covert-dock

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Sudden Javelin posted:

I was promoting it because I think Max is a cool dude that literally uprooted his whole life to make it.

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

multijoe posted:

Pillars of Eternity was directed by longtime goon ropekid, but apparently the Switch port is kinda fail and should be avoided if you have any other format you can play it on

Yup, the game was in a pretty bad state for a long time, and a few months ago Versus Evil (the company handling the Switch port) finally put out a big patch. Except the patch broke some other different things in the process, including just straight up removing the ranger's beast companion, effectively a huge nerf for the class.

VE was working on a followup patch for a bit, but then just said that it was too hard and they were abandoning it. So now the game is in a broken state, and is still on the store, and won't be getting any more fixes.

I'm not sure how much involvement Obsidian (the original game developers) had with the Switch port, but yeah, stay far the hell away from it.

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

I think this feature is going to sell me one when there's more stock:

quote:

Can I use the Covert Dock as just a Nintendo Switch charger and play in handheld mode?

Yes, the Covert Dock acts like a normal fast charger when it doesn’t detect a TV connected to the HDMI port. So you can continue to play in handheld mode charged.

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

Picross is so good, I love it. I have to force myself to stop playing it

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Stickman posted:

I think this feature is going to sell me one when there's more stock:

Yeah it's awesome, it's got a dedicated usb c spot, dedicated hdmi slot and another usb spot so you can charge at least two things if you're not playing.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer

mistermojo posted:

Picross is so good, I love it. I have to force myself to stop playing it

How? Please tell me, i need urgent help.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

simply complete every available puzzle and you’ll be forced to wait for more.