Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What system are you buying this shitheap on
PC
Playstation 4/5
whatever XBox is calling their poo poo now
WiiU
View Results

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb

Tony Tone posted:

Enable latency showing on screen in options.

If you're random queuing Outbreak, join and leave games until you find something below ~150ms.

Anything higher than that basically guarantees a disconnect or technical fuckery down the road, and yeah it's especially painful when you just spent close to 3 hours reaching round 13 and then just get kicked to main menu/fail to migrate hosts or some other bullshit. If I wasnt already high as gently caress playing this, I would probably snap my keyboard in two and sign up for anger management courses. You basically have to roll a dice with your sanity and time each time you load into a match and it blows my mind how much this company gives no gently caress about its customers. gently caress P2P NETWORKING.

The best thing? When your migrating hosts, it replays whatever sound was onscreen at 150% volume in rapid-fire.

Yesterday, I got to listen to a gunshot/groan screeching at me for six minutes during a migration. Which sure was a thing.

I want to like this game mode so bad! But the combination of no time limit, no round limit + TECHNICAL THINGS sure makes it arduous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
New update reset all of my classes :argh:

maniacripper
May 3, 2009
STANNIS BURNS SHIREEN
HIZDAR IS THE HARPY
JON GETS STABBED TO DEATH
DANY FLIES OFF ON DROGON
If my girl (ps5) and me (pc) play together in Outbreak its fine, private or public we can play with others fine. As soon as we play splitscreen with 2 people on the ps5 and me on the pc we suddenly cant go on to the next round or it will crash so we have to exfil every time.

This didn't happen to us before......

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb
Why in the name of God are we unable to save our favorite gun configs?

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Captain Log posted:

Why in the name of God are we unable to save our favorite gun configs?
And in CW you still have to dedicate a loadout just to chase down the green dots on new weapons or accessories available instead of, oh I dunno, maybe having one button just to make them go away.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
That is the worst. Its so easy to have a "clear notifications button" and a ton of games have it.

I have a new item thing on the streetsweeper shotgun that I cant get rid of because I dont have the gun unlocked.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

That is the worst. Its so easy to have a "clear notifications button" and a ton of games have it.

I have a new item thing on the streetsweeper shotgun that I cant get rid of because I dont have the gun unlocked.

That's happened to me with the loving crossbow.

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression
I love that this game has me choose between disabling crossplay and never finding a game or getting shot to poo poo in lobbies full of m+kb users. Awesome system :thumbsup:

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh

weg posted:

I love that this game has me choose between disabling crossplay and never finding a game or getting shot to poo poo in lobbies full of m+kb users. Awesome system :thumbsup:
All of the platforms support M+KB and gamepad the same way, so crossplay isn't really to blame for that. I've also never seen a lobby full of PC players - I'm a PC player myself and in almost every single game I've played, I'm the only one or there's maybe one or two others. It's overwhelmingly console players.

Gordon Shumway
Jan 21, 2008

Got a nice bug where I completed the 15 games with one shot kills to unlock the crossbow and the progress bar shows it's done, but the crossbow is still locked.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb

Gordon Shumway posted:

Got a nice bug where I completed the 15 games with one shot kills to unlock the crossbow and the progress bar shows it's done, but the crossbow is still locked.

:stare:

I'd poo poo.

Also, it's so loving obvious when you're dealing with a mouse and keyboard user. Because they are always running two snipers and moving like monkeys on meth.

Hot Take - Sniper Rifles are broken when you can use them better at close range than a shotgun.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Every demon wants his pound of flesh

Captain Log posted:

Hot Take - Sniper Rifles are broken when you can use them better at close range than a shotgun.

Sniper rifles need to get hosed in this game. They are ruining my life.

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh
I thought sniper rifles were bullshit until I went through the slog of getting the diamond camo for them and I couldn't wait to start using something else. I found myself losing medium-to-long-range shootouts with assault rifles and LMGs pretty regularly. I think the problem is just godly poopsock players with insane reaction time and not any particular gun.

edit: But if you get sniped and then immediately run back to try to take out the sniper from the exact same position, you're almost certainly going to get sniped again because he's already scoped and waiting for one pixel of your head to appear. I dunno how many times I killed the same person like 4 times in a row because they kept peeking around the corner, probably sure that this time they were going to get me first.

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

Volte posted:

I thought sniper rifles were bullshit until I went through the slog of getting the diamond camo for them and I couldn't wait to start using something else. I found myself losing medium-to-long-range shootouts with assault rifles and LMGs pretty regularly. I think the problem is just godly poopsock players with insane reaction time and not any particular gun.

edit: But if you get sniped and then immediately run back to try to take out the sniper from the exact same position, you're almost certainly going to get sniped again because he's already scoped and waiting for one pixel of your head to appear. I dunno how many times I killed the same person like 4 times in a row because they kept peeking around the corner, probably sure that this time they were going to get me first.

If at first you don’t succeed, die, die again.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb

WattsvilleBlues posted:

Sniper rifles need to get hosed in this game. They are ruining my life.

:hmmyes:

Volte posted:

I'm talking people running double snipers on those tiny shipping container maps that get double the kills of anyone else while spinning in rapid quick scoping circles.

Mouse and keyboard is such a different beast than a controller. Adding sniper rifles just makes it awful. I have no way to prove it, but it feels like at least half of my deaths are to sniper rifles in any map.

funkmeister
Feb 20, 2010

About your father. If it's any help, he's in the ground now. Sure, it's bad news for him. But on the other hand, it's party time for all those little worms.
you mean the console players that are quick autoaiming snipers. god I hate that.
gently caress snipers in any pvp game really

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb

funkmeister posted:

:respek:

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

Giving this game a second try, if only to level the broken guns for Warzone, and enjoying it more than my first attempt at it. Movement still feels like I am running throw a swamp compared to Modern Warfare, but it can be enjoyable, especially in 3v3 maps. I think that is where the game is at its best.

However matchmaking seems terminally hosed up. Every other game is either a cakewalk cause the other team is terrible, or the sweatiest game of all time as I'm matched against players I have no business playing against.

Terminal autist
May 17, 2018

by vyelkin

funkmeister posted:

you mean the console players that are quick autoaiming snipers. god I hate that.

Quickscoping on a controller is legit harder than doing it on m+b but go off

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

threeagainstfour posted:

However matchmaking seems terminally hosed up. Every other game is either a cakewalk cause the other team is terrible, or the sweatiest game of all time as I'm matched against players I have no business playing against.

Agreed, it's painfully frustrating at times. Rarely am I in a game that's close. It's gotten worse too.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb
Despite my lovely normally sub 1.0 K/D, I can put in effort and keep it above there. I've got positive K/Ds on the LC10, Stoner, AUG, M16, and RPVD or whatever it's called. But I'm a very rush heavy player after years of Battlefield, always storming the castle. I know I could do better staying put, but I'm there to have fun.

You want to know what made tonight the worst night of QuickPlay ever?

Them releasing a new sniper that requires 2 Long Shot kills a match for 10 different matches. loving EVERYONE camped spawns from across the map, just making getting killed turn into a chain gently caress.

I literally finished a match at something like 19 - 45. :stare: I'm bad, but that's next level.

porktree
Mar 23, 2002

You just fucked with the wrong Mexican.
I just picked up a Series S - I had Blops on my external and just moved it. But is there a next gen version I should get?

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

I there is a next gen update thing for $10

Not 100% sure

I mean it will play fine but would be the next gen version

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb
Being a double XP weekend, I decided to try out some guns in multiplayer I don't use.

FFAR can eat a dick.

QBZ can eat slightly less of a dick.

Mac-10 is pretty decent when you get a handle on the recoil while running a giant drum. I was getting a lot of long shots.

DMR and SKS are useless.

Thank you, that's my TED talk.

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh
Is the double weapon XP weekend not active for anyone else? For me it's only level XP (confirmed by the fact that I can still use weapon XP tokens). Also I can't click on the Battle Pass button without the game crashing, even after a full reinstall on a different drive. Great job

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Every demon wants his pound of flesh

Captain Log posted:

DMR and SKS are useless.

Thank you, that's my TED talk.

DMR is great, I'm grinding out different weapons for the camos and it's a murder machine. What attachments have you tried?

Fenarisk
Oct 27, 2005

Volte posted:

Is the double weapon XP weekend not active for anyone else? For me it's only level XP (confirmed by the fact that I can still use weapon XP tokens). Also I can't click on the Battle Pass button without the game crashing, even after a full reinstall on a different drive. Great job

I never got a notification and I played a lot on Friday, I'll be able to check today but I'm max level on battle pass so maybe thats why, didn't notice any weapon xp boost.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb

WattsvilleBlues posted:

DMR is great, I'm grinding out different weapons for the camos and it's a murder machine. What attachments have you tried?

I went far enough to get it well kitted for mid range engagements, but I cannot imagine it being superior to the AUG of M16 in any scenario whatsoever.

Which is unfortunate. the EBR-14 is my 3rd most used gun in Modern Warfare.

Gordon Shumway
Jan 21, 2008

Captain Log posted:

I went far enough to get it well kitted for mid range engagements, but I cannot imagine it being superior to the AUG of M16 in any scenario whatsoever.

Which is unfortunate. the EBR-14 is my 3rd most used gun in Modern Warfare.

The DMR and Type 63 both slay at mid to long range with the 2x-4x variable zoom scope.

In other news, they must have hotfixed the crossbow problem, because it finally unlocked itself when I started the app today. Let's see if the problem occurs again when I unlock the new sniper rifle.

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

I'm mostly enjoying multiplayer on giving this game a second chance. Movement and gun play still feel like a big step back from Modern Warfare, but it's enjoyable overall.

That said, it is amazing how much more imbalanced sniper rifles are in this game than in Modern Warfare.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb

threeagainstfour posted:

I'm mostly enjoying multiplayer on giving this game a second chance. Movement and gun play still feel like a big step back from Modern Warfare, but it's enjoyable overall.

That said, it is amazing how much more imbalanced sniper rifles are in this game than in Modern Warfare.

They are horribly broken. But it's CoD and there would be a revolt if they made them actually function like a long range rifle.

I had a person today survive three sliding-while-firing attacks from me, getting taken down to a sliver of health. How did they survive? Quick scooping a headshot from touching distance while getting loving shot a bunch.

I do like the level design variety better in Cold War. In terms of visuals and poo poo more than the "This Wall Goes Here" part.

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Went 50 rounds for an exfil on Die Machine and holy gently caress my hands and wrists were sore at the end of it.

It turns out using Outbreak to get crystals and upgrading your perks really helps making things easier. Also it turns out rerolling your weapons is super bugged and you lose your PaP and cannot pack them after rerolling.

I was struggling with the Xbow a bit, my buddy got a legendary Hauer out of the mystery box so I was able to grab it, packed it 2x, rerolled and lost the PaP. I then tried to pack it again with the rerolled attachments and it didn't take. Thankfully he had a fully packed Gallo that he dropped which helped a ton until I could get the PaP3 on the xbow.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb
Any strong feelings about the new season and nerfs? If I'm reading everything correctly, LMG distance got chopped in half. With how loving slow they are, I'm surprised that's what got nerfed.

funkmeister
Feb 20, 2010

About your father. If it's any help, he's in the ground now. Sure, it's bad news for him. But on the other hand, it's party time for all those little worms.
I have strong feelings about a server queue to launch the game. estimated 20 minutes
e:
which fully counted down, then changed to 18 minutes

funkmeister fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Apr 22, 2021

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
I may be imagining it, but it feels like Zombles has been tuned quite a bit. The early pack a punches don't seem to scale as much as they previously did, which is good because it was a bit too easy before.

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Yamantau is fun. The unlock for the ballistic knife is less painful than I expected. I've been getting it completed in my first life or two on most matches.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb

pacerhimself posted:

Yamantau is fun. The unlock for the ballistic knife is less painful than I expected. I've been getting it completed in my first life or two on most matches.

Did you use sniper rifles for the long shot kills?

I am an awful sniper and was going to ask what the easiest "long shot" gun is in Domination/Hardpoint.

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
My long shots all come from my m16, gently caress a sniper rifle

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh
Sniper rifles are pretty hard to get long shot kills with because the range at which a sniper shot is considered long is insanely far. I think I only really ever get them by counter-sniping the other snipers on Satellite.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Captain Log posted:

Did you use sniper rifles for the long shot kills?

I am an awful sniper and was going to ask what the easiest "long shot" gun is in Domination/Hardpoint.

It's actually one shot kills and not longshots. I've been using the ZRG because I want to level it.