Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What system will you play the Good COD Game on?
PS4
XBone
PC
generic comedy option
View Results

Rockstar Massacre
Mar 2, 2009

i only have a crazy life
because i make risky decisions
from a position of
unreasonable self-confidence
Ran around with a shotgun for a bit, tensely avoided major thoroughfares, got all the supplies I needed, shot a person, shot a zombie - the circle was down to less than a quarter of the map and a I had a plan.

I set out along the safest route, carefully checking the corners - and am kicked from the server.

An RM Survival Story. Don't let it happen to you!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Yea every game I’ve managed to get into has crashed. A+

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

RCarr posted:

Yea every game I’ve managed to get into has crashed. A+

its like MW launch all over again

also shout out to 617

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

I just played it but now I’m screwed coz I’m level 98 and all the other game modes are gone. Bugger

Rockstar Massacre
Mar 2, 2009

i only have a crazy life
from a position of
Yeah not giving BP exp for this event is a real headscratcher.

E: they added the other modes back

Rockstar Massacre fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Apr 21, 2021

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny
Got real lucky with my first run at the nuke event, landed on the truck as my pubbie squad mate started it , was completely clueless, lucked into a juggernaut (for the first time ever no less, I didn’t even realize it was a juggernaut suit while unboxing the crate :v: ) and continued to haul rear end, shredding zombies and other player’s cars from the back of said truck. I think we made it pretty far? Like the moment I turned into a zombie the nuke launched.

XP not counting is bullshit though.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb
Any thoughts on the nerfs? I'm pretty sure LMGs got bumber-hosed in Cold War, not sure how that plays into Warzone and MW multiplayer.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
Zombles event was fun when they finally got their poo poo together. Shame to wake up to another 30GB patch, mind.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Nerfs seem good on paper, we'll see if they're enough for the M16, they cut down the neck multiplier (it was 1.8 down to 1.1 I think) which SHOULD reduce the bullshit kills since it's very difficult to 2-tap a head in a single burst, plus slower ROF.

Aug didn't get hit with the nerf bat as hard but should still be reasonable.

As for the FFAR and MAC10 it sounds like they're still stronger than MW guns, MAC10 didn't really get nerfed too hard, I think 1 extra bullet to down, but it should be a bit more normal.

Interested in trying the CW AK with the recoil adjustment, I really wish they adjusted the krieg recoil along with the buffs it got.

Not sure why they think the AMAX really needs a nerf, it is in a fairly good spot I think.

Roze skin does not look any different to me, but maybe I'm crazy, also their patch notes say they make her easier to see when light sources are around (so in the light?) which uhh seems like they missed the mark.

Overall pretty good notes, we'll see if what they say they did is actually true and if it opens the meta up a bit.

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006
Not had a chance to play warzone yet but only cw weapons as ground loot doesn't sound good.

Also lol at "we are now starting to iterate on attachment balance". At the start of season 3.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Playing with cold war weapons in the modern warfare engine is hilarious

Wrong game died

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPEDbmP-Lx4

Looks like 80s verdansk confirmed

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

The map already leaked due to a bug where it was playable in private games. It’s absolutely identical except for small changes at certain spots. What a hack job.

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
you havent even played it yet lol

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003
I can't use Overwolf or Curse Forge anymore because it goes against the dumbass cod terms of service. Good I don't use Curse or play wow anymore I guess.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

lite_sleepr posted:

I can't use Overwolf or Curse Forge anymore because it goes against the dumbass cod terms of service. Good I don't use Curse or play wow anymore I guess.

Lol what the gently caress? Is this their official stance?

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

Theophany posted:

Lol what the gently caress? Is this their official stance?

Upon logging in after the latest update. Has Overwolf been used to facilitate cheating programs or something?

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

wow god drat these ppl are stupid

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

lite_sleepr posted:

Upon logging in after the latest update. Has Overwolf been used to facilitate cheating programs or something?

No they're just sick of getting finger pointed at for being awful devs. Specifically w/r/t cheating and SBMM fuckiness.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

lite_sleepr posted:

Wow. These guys are so loving hopeless, if it weren't for several seasons of painful experience it wouldn't be believable. Can't use their literal billions of dollars to buy copies of whatever shithouse aimbots and wallhacks are out there, work out the process names on task manager and ban them, but sure, we'll blacklist Overwolf. :wtc:

Rockstar Massacre
Mar 2, 2009

i only have a crazy life
from a position of
part 2 starts with a king of the hill fighting for the detonator thing and it's stupid

It immediately dumps you into Warzone in the new map.

I was asleep at the wheel and died in the gas lol I thought after the cinema ended I was done so I went to get a sandwich

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
kinda dumb to tell everyone on twitter to get on then immediately take the servers down

https://twitter.com/CallofDuty/status/1385304338290126848

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
got a w on the first verdansk mini royale thing we did lol, "new" map actually looks pretty cool.

Rockstar Massacre
Mar 2, 2009

i only have a crazy life
from a position of
Verdansk is definitely way more colorful now but saying 'new' reads like a joke

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer

Rockstar Massacre posted:

saying 'new' reads like a joke

Accurate to the map though

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
On PS5 I am stuck in a loop where it "copies" 27 GB, then goes to title screen and freezes. And if you close the game, it just repeats the process.

Guess I'm uninstalling and reinstalling!

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

coronaball posted:

On PS5 I am stuck in a loop where it "copies" 27 GB, then goes to title screen and freezes. And if you close the game, it just repeats the process.

Guess I'm uninstalling and reinstalling!

My loop is searching for a match, loading up 140ish people, starting the match launch countdown from 8, then booting me back to searching for a match

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
Can't seem to queue into anything on PS5 just constantly searching for a match and never finding one.

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
something seems up with battle royale, plunder works though and you can do the adler missions there too. Array is going to be fun.

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny
I dig the cherry blossoms and the radar array. It’s different enough for me though a completely new map would’ve been sick, yeah.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Zwille posted:

I dig the cherry blossoms and the radar array. It’s different enough for me though a completely new map would’ve been sick, yeah.

E: wrong thread

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
New map? Owns.

New yellowish haze everywhere? Sucks a collosal number of dicks.

If there's a way to get rid or downplay it, I am down.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Yamantau is a real good MP map. The PPSh isn't great but I suspect it'll get a lot better once I get more attachments for it.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Loading up ye ole Warzone after not playing it since slightly before cold war came out, what's some good guns to use or level up? I don't have Cold War yet but might get it since it's on sale.

Haven't got the FFAR unlocked yet which I have heard is the crazy good gun of late. Is my beloved Bruen no longer king of hot poo poo mountain? Sad.

Rockstar Massacre
Mar 2, 2009

i only have a crazy life
from a position of
Both the Bruen and the FFAR recently ate poo poo. The FFAR more so... but it had further to fall, so.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb
Now that everyone's had a day or two to play, any thoughts on nerfs and buffs?

I use subguns the most and cannot wait to unlock the PawPawShah. :derptiel:

Dictator.
May 13, 2007

#Blessed

Captain Log posted:

Now that everyone's had a day or two to play, any thoughts on nerfs and buffs?

I use subguns the most and cannot wait to unlock the PawPawShah. :derptiel:

Played the event yesterday and some more regular this morning trying to unlock Adler. I don't notice the nerfs much. FFAR still very strong. Rose looks the same. Post-game voice comms after Plunder still open to all (patch notes said: End of game open mic has been turned off for modes with infinite respawn mechanics. ).

Digging the map, looks good. Area around Dam is pretty different. Other parts just look a little greener.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Hot take, but new verdansk is a pretty cool update.

That said, some more meaningful/substantial changes to the map would have been welcome though.

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

veni veni veni posted:

Hot take, but new verdansk is a pretty cool update.

That said, some more meaningful/substantial changes to the map would have been welcome though.

Agree completely it plays better in a lot of areas, mil base tent area for instance is so much better

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003
Is your burrito a flasher with that trenchcoat on?