Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fools Infinite
Mar 21, 2006
Journeyman

Just kidding, Beartato. I love to brag.

Please wear proper safety attire when skateboarding. Beartato and Reginald are not shown wearing it because this is for illustrative purposes only, and also they used a genie's power to wish to be invincible while skateboarding.

Sometimes I wake up at night and I can just FEEL myself getting diseases

Now YOU should get a phone, Beartato

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
I appreciate that Harrison doesn't have a profile picture

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Way to throw shade at Gary, Reginald.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

feedmyleg posted:

Way to throw shade at Gary, Reginald.

and Weirdo! what a jerk

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

:five:

Groke
Jul 27, 2007
New Adventures In Mom Strength

Why; this is hell, nor are we out of it.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
https://twitter.com/ShadowPowerup/status/1385463795527602176?s=20

Gamer Dilbert reboot?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
How did I only realize Powerup Comics existed in the last year. I spent like a decade reading Sluggy Freelance and Questionable Content, and this poo poo existed the entire time

https://twitter.com/ShadowPowerup/status/1385469931714748417?s=20

Edit: this was the current Questionable Content strip when I looked it up to make sure I had the name right.

If you are doing a joke a day strip you should have a joke every day.

Air Skwirl has a new favorite as of 06:59 on Apr 23, 2021

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

Skwirl posted:

How did I only realize Powerup Comics existed in the last year. I spent like a decade reading Sluggy Freelance and Questionable Content, and this poo poo existed the entire time

There was something along the lines of 20 comics and then a 9 year hiatus or something, though it gets a little confusing because the author likes to back-date comics to make jokes about things that happened like 5 years ago.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

So what is going on with powerup? The most recent tweets are kinda concerning.

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY

Fools Infinite posted:

Please wear proper safety attire when skateboarding. Beartato and Reginald are not shown wearing it because this is for illustrative purposes only, and also they used a genie's power to wish to be invincible while skateboarding.

perfectly reasonable use of a genie wish, imo

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Sadly, as soon as you fall you are not skateboarding, and so highly vulnerable.

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY
goddamn it a genie would totally pull that poo poo too

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Skwirl posted:

https://twitter.com/ShadowPowerup/status/1385469931714748417?s=20

Edit: this was the current Questionable Content strip when I looked it up to make sure I had the name right.

If you are doing a joke a day strip you should have a joke every day.

I don't get it. How could art in QC become so much worse in the last 2 years? It wasn't great to begin with, but everything is super wonky now.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Paladinus posted:

I don't get it. How could art in QC become so much worse in the last 2 years? It wasn't great to begin with, but everything is super wonky now.

JJ has to pump out a comic a day, every weekday, in color. He's gonna take shortcuts when he can.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
He also at one point reeeeeally hosed up his arm and wrist. Like I'm trying to Google it but I think he has permanent nerve damage

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

in a just world this would result in fewer comics

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Boba Pearl posted:

He also at one point reeeeeally hosed up his arm and wrist. Like I'm trying to Google it but I think he has permanent nerve damage

is that from when he stabbed his hand after a bunch of terminally online waterbrained crybabies brigaded him for not drawing a character fat enough or

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

Pastry of the Year posted:

is that from when he stabbed his hand after a bunch of terminally online waterbrained crybabies brigaded him for not drawing a character fat enough or

I think it's because the guy has/had depression not sure if that's what set him off in particular though.

Also hate on QC, but gently caress off attacking the dude behind it. He's making a living and producing something decent.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Josef bugman posted:

I think it's because the guy has/had depression not sure if that's what set him off in particular though.

Also hate on QC, but gently caress off attacking the dude behind it. He's making a living and producing something decent.

I legitimately don't have an opinion about the fellow that makes that comic, but I certainly do about the sort of frothing social media dumdum that gets outraged at the creator of a webcomic they can't seem to emotionally disengage from for not making it precisely to their precious little liking.

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

so i heard

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
Also does QC even fall under a joke a day thing anymore? More slice of life I'd think

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

I legitimately don't have an opinion about the fellow that makes that comic, but I certainly do about the sort of frothing social media dumdum that gets outraged at the creator of a webcomic they can't seem to emotionally disengage from for not making it precisely to their precious little liking.

Second paragraph was more in general, but I understand.

You'd hope that people would just accept the difficulty inherent in creating something and say "hey I'm sad about this", but I think we don't see that too often unfortunately.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Oh boy, this looks like an excuse to post the recent mommy milkers comic! Though I'm not sure whether it counts as NWS or just plain cringe.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Josef bugman posted:

producing something decent.

What's his decent comic?

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Oh boy, this looks like an excuse to post the recent mommy milkers comic! Though I'm not sure whether it counts as NWS or just plain cringe.
the titular milkers were not as visible as I expected when I saw a censored version, I think the latter but barely

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

DACK FAYDEN posted:

the titular milkers

:mad:

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I've seen raunchier jokes on Frasier, really.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Awful.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

those milkers should be lower on the abdomen imo

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

QC, there's a comic I haven't thought about in a while. I don't think I ever read more than 50 strips. It's an interesting case study in how drawing for a living doesn't actually lead to better art if one never moves beyond their comfort zone (see also Megatokyo.) That said, it's fine for what it needs to be.

Speaking of megatokyo, it's insane to me that the comic is still drawn in pencil, it's so hard to parse. Back in the early days of the internet when webcomics were rare, it's understandable that a pencil-drawn comic could catch on if it had competent draftsmanship. But now it's like trying to read a ghost. Yet it's still going, seems like the latest strip was posted in March. That was the earliest forum I was ever a part of.

Ccs has a new favorite as of 15:08 on Apr 23, 2021

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I've seen raunchier jokes on Frasier, really.

Every now and then, JJ reveals he is a deeply weird dude that makes a webcomic for a living to support what he actually wants to do: shitpost and make music.

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

Ccs posted:

QC, there's a comic I haven't thought about in a while. I don't think I ever read more than 50 strips. It's an interesting case study in how drawing for a living doesn't actually lead to better art if one never moves beyond their comfort zone

Counter point: have you seen the early QC comics?

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

trapped mouse posted:

Counter point: have you seen the early QC comics?

There was art progress for like 5 years (mostly during the first two or so), but after that it stagnated.

e. comic #1000 from year 2007 is about the same quality as the new ones.

Kennel has a new favorite as of 15:59 on Apr 23, 2021

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

I really don’t want to read any comic that has the word mommymilkers in it.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Cartoon Man posted:

haha I really don’t want to read any comic that has the word mommymilkers in it haha

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Kennel posted:

There was art progress for like 5 years (mostly during the first two or so), but after that it stagnated.

e. comic #1000 from year 2007 is about the same quality as the new ones.

Awful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

You know there is a place to complain about this elsewhere right? You don't have to automatically go "Urgh, URGH URGH" every time it comes up like a 5 year old who hears someone say broccoli. You can just dislike something. I'm not saying "let people enjoy things" or whatever the gently caress, it just gets tedious to have to listen to people going on and on about how much they really hate something that is essentially harmless.