Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ambivalent
Oct 14, 2006

i just want DW10 because i know it will be DWX and lets face it, we need it, come on koei

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
There are four characters left to be revealed, and it's 100% guaranteed one of those is going to be Hanzo. Any bets on the remaining three? I'm expecting Masayuki Sanada to make the cut, personally.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Ambivalent posted:

i just want DW10 because i know it will be DWX and lets face it, we need it, come on koei

Strikeforce THREE

RoyalScion
May 16, 2009
Warriors all stars 2 :colbert:

egg tats
Apr 3, 2010
dynasty warriors x but it's like Jason X

do not pursue Lu Bu IN SPACE

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."

Azran posted:

There are four characters left to be revealed, and it's 100% guaranteed one of those is going to be Hanzo. Any bets on the remaining three? I'm expecting Masayuki Sanada to make the cut, personally.

Has the rifle guy been revealed yet? Loved him (saika?)

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Is Hisahide in yet? He feels like an obvious addition in a Nobunaga-focused game.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

egg tats posted:

dynasty warriors x but it's like Jason X

do not pursue Lu Bu IN SPACE

Shiiiit we've already got the Gundam Warriors engine ready to go for this...

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Azran posted:

I'm still hoping for Dosan Saito.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

As much as I like Masayuki, I feel like he got his chance to shine pretty hard in the series already, I wouldn't mind letting someone else take the stage.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe
They’ll find some way to squeeze pretty boy Yukimura in, time travel may or may not be involved

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Darth Walrus posted:

Is Hisahide in yet? He feels like an obvious addition in a Nobunaga-focused game.

Yup, he's already been confirmed.

https://www.koeitecmoamerica.com/sw5/character/

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Koei is having a publisher weekend. And jeeze, the AoT2 DLC upgrade is still 28 bucks, it just boggles my mind that I'll still be paying nearly 90 bucks total if I get it, which someone can get for 60 (or 42 bucks on sale right now)

Don't buy games at full price, or even within the first year, kids

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Leal posted:

Koei is having a publisher weekend. And jeeze, the AoT2 DLC upgrade is still 28 bucks, it just boggles my mind that I'll still be paying nearly 90 bucks total if I get it, which someone can get for 60 (or 42 bucks on sale right now)

Don't buy games at full price, or even within the first year, kids

Heck, they still want like $14 for all the old RTK PC games that don't even have English patches (despite having English console releases).

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.

Nemo2342 posted:

Heck, they still want like $14 for all the old RTK PC games that don't even have English patches (despite having English console releases).

Right, the old RTK and Nobunaga's ambition games being on steam without english release despite having english versions on other platforms irks me so much.

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

I'LL PUNISH YOU ACCORDING TO YOUR CRIME

Angry Lobster posted:

Right, the old RTK and Nobunaga's ambition games being on steam without english release despite having english versions on other platforms irks me so much.

I just want to play ROTK VIII and X with the PUK... :(

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

The last four characters are:

Hanzo Hattori

Sandayu Momochi

Magoichi Saika

and motherfucking YASUKE

Also aging is confirmed:

Azran fucked around with this message at 14:09 on Apr 23, 2021

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Dang. I hoped for Yasuke but never thought they'd actually include him, that's rad.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

Said aging is only for Nobunaga and Mitsuhide, however. And yeah, finally including Yasuke rules, his design kicks rear end.

I want these despite myself:
https://twitter.com/bk2128/status/1385579769492738051

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

I'LL PUNISH YOU ACCORDING TO YOUR CRIME

Azran posted:

and motherfucking YASUKE

This owns.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
yooooooo gently caress yeah

also i've been pretty mild on the redesigns, this batch is alright

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Whoa, Yasuke! I hadn't even considered that would be a possibility, that rules

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Vichan posted:

I just want to play ROTK VIII and X with the PUK... :(

I really want to play 4. I had it for the SNES, but the strategy guide I had for it was full of pictures from a fancier version and I’ve always wanted to try it.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

RotK XIV is on sale but I gather it's bad?

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zsQTtqMmmw0

BillyC
Feb 19, 2013

everythin' under heaven is in utter chaos, cloud

Bread Liar

Azran posted:

and motherfucking YASUKE

this owns so drat hard

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe
I hadn’t dared to get my hopes up but :allears:

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe

MonsieurChoc posted:

RotK XIV is on sale but I gather it's bad?

it's loving dire

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Wonder what the odds are of Ranmaru showing up in a future expansion/rerelease of SW5? Only major figure in Nobunaga's legend who presently seems to be missing. I mean, I can see why they cut him out if they're focusing on his cute anime romance with No and they've got Yasuke as his devoted personal retainer, but it still seems like a significant gap.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Incidentally, I feel like this and the upcoming Yasuke anime had some similar ideas for how they designed him - not a massive bruiser like in Nioh, but really tall and lanky:

In general, I really like SW5's new take on the character designs. They're idealised but grounded in a really cool way - just about everyone feels like they're from an exaggerated, fantastical version of the Sengoku Era where everyone is super cool and super pretty, as opposed to being refugees from a half-dozen unrelated genres and time periods.

Like, yeah, it's fun to have characters like Koshosho who are refugees from a magical disco dimension, but I feel like sticking to 'this is our aesthetic, and we will make it cool' helps the look of the game as a whole.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Sad at no Viper of Mino but Yasuke is a really cool choice.

CaptainRat
Apr 18, 2003

It seems the secret to your success is a combination of boundless energy and enthusiastic insolence...
Yasuke is an awesome choice, and as a basic idiot I am hype to see Hanzo and my boy Magoichi back. (Not like they weren't going to have Hanzo but still.)

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

MonsieurChoc posted:

Sad at no Viper of Mino but Yasuke is a really cool choice.

The fact that his main moveset seems to be 'smashes people with giant knuckledusters' is just the icing on the cake. Totally up for Dynasty Warriors Muhammad Ali.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
gently caress yeah, Yasuke. Also

Azran posted:

Hanzo Hattori

Is there a name for the fashion choice of wearing your coat (?) with one sleeve like that cause it owns.

Vice Zoomler Aestro
Apr 4, 2003
pray the rosary dawgs
The first reply on 4/20 this year was also the first post on page 420.

Anyway yeah the designs look solid and I'm honestly kind of happy with the reduced characters. I'd like to hear more about the gameplay modes now.

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

Yasuke owns, Solid Saika owns, Hanzo redesign, you guessed it, also owns

RoyalScion
May 16, 2009
I just played through SOS recently and it seems strange to me they went through all the effort to make masayuki sasuke and Chacha just to never use them again, but SW5 looks cool so I don’t mind.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

5er posted:

Shiiiit we've already got the Gundam Warriors engine ready to go for this...

Knowing nothing about Gundam as I played the DW games I always thought that G Gundam was even more anime than it actually was and Master Asia was fighting Gundams with his bare hands in the series and that's why he was one of the big antagonists.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

RareAcumen posted:

Knowing nothing about Gundam as I played the DW games I always thought that G Gundam was even more anime than it actually was and Master Asia was fighting Gundams with his bare hands in the series and that's why he was one of the big antagonists.

I mean, he does do that. It's just that he also has his own giant robot for when he gets serious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Achernar
Sep 2, 2011

Darth Walrus posted:

I mean, he does do that. It's just that he also has his own giant robot for when he gets serious.

Yeah, and he also cuts sickass promos like this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSHfJuGzUdM