Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I mean, I like how those shoes look. A small price to pay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Mak0rz posted:

Wait was he saying this in defense of Li'l Ben? Is he saying Shapiro speaks in "modern parables?"

Also what does that even mean?

It means that when the victorians decided that indoor plumbing should be a thing they went with the lead piping and told the British population that it was safe to drink right out the tap.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

If Disney went the other direction and had Goofy open carrying an AR15, and a salute to our troops at the end of a ride, that guy would be furiously writing the article with one hand about how wonderful it is. As usual, it's not about keeping politics out - it's about keeping politics they don't agree with.

Also lol that Disney are in any form 'woke' and don't just run the numbers to know which direction is more profitable.

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

learnincurve posted:

It means that when the victorians decided that indoor plumbing should be a thing they went with the lead piping and told the British population that it was safe to drink right out the tap.
Can't blame the victorian's for that, really. Why do you think they call it plumbing?

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Douche Wolf 89 posted:

IOSM thread having a normal one about Ben Shapiro I see.

Saw a tweet in another thread with info about how this dude is a prosecutor who pushed for Nevada to execute a dude with chemicals that the ACLU was suing over.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Agents are GO! posted:

Saw a tweet in another thread with info about how this dude is a prosecutor who pushed for Nevada to execute a dude with chemicals that the ACLU was suing over.

Yeah, it's not even that the ACLU was arguing against the death penalty itself, just that this particular method would be torturous to the defendant.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

MUST KILL AND THEN GO TO DISNEY

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

quote:

Regardless, corporations have always made politically motivated decisions. Usually, it is due to the desire to make a profit, but sometimes it is due to the values of the people in the corporation.

Hint: it's always to make a profit

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
That’s not necessarily true, Walt did make decisions based on his own personal hang ups.

Not exactly a ringing endorsement of it tho

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

The market is profit driven but fundamentally rational, I say, as the mypillow guy screams about biden stealing the election on his personal social media platform he started because he got banned off everywhere for saying biden stole the election.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Corporations should all be politically neutral, except My Pillow that ones okay I wonder what the difference is

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

A friends mother in law smugged about her union being politically neutral.

I just rolled my eyes because loving LOL if you think the employers counterpart organization doesn't spend millions on lobbying to get things their way. Any union that's apolitical will just be swept away by the political tide.

The funny part: It was the union for golf course middle management. Quite possibly one of the single most impotent unions in the country that basically piggybacks on the work of the forest and lumber industry union (which is political as hell thankfully)

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
https://twitter.com/GhostsSeeHumans/status/1385634339480764419
https://twitter.com/GhostsSeeHumans/status/1385634341162655746
https://twitter.com/GhostsSeeHumans/status/1385634344966889473

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Going to put the O/U on this person's age at 19.5

also might just be trolling

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I can definitely understand how someone like that can feel ganged up on by the entire world of innocuous entertainment constantly using language that he has come to identify as coded "woke". Once you've reached that point where you've convinced yourself that you're the last bastion of sanity in a world that's gone mad toeing a party line, you're going to see climate-change this and LGBTQ+-that and BLM everywhere you look and it's going to sour your milk and make you madder and madder until you start giving interviews and writing op-eds.

At any point on the way there though, there's the option to say to yourself, "You know what, maybe it's not that I'm the only sane person left in the world and everybody else has become a mindless sheep; maybe it's not that I'm the only one with all the answers and they're all just taking marching orders from Big Tech and Soros; maybe it's not all virtue signalling, maybe they all actually .... dooooo believe these things they say? Maybe I'm the one who's gone off?" And you might start to rearrange priorities such that your own perceived inconvenience around minor changes in the world that you're accustomed to becomes less important than the well-being of millions of people you might not even know.

But pulling that ripcord takes more introspection and willingness to admit to being wrong than more than a handful of them are capable of.

Data Graham has a new favorite as of 20:31 on Apr 23, 2021

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:

Confused teenager? Government psyop? Who knows man

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
That person is absolutely taking the piss out of 2013-2015-ish Tumblr tendency to just apply ""woke"" logic and language to any given notion

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
That is 100% bait.

E:

Yeah, see here you go

https://twitter.com/ElectronicBolo/status/1385644181427687425?s=20

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I’m 41 and can remember my boomer mother sitting down with my nan and having the Jim Davidson talk and why using the kind of language he uses for black people is upsetting for all, and do you remember the GI segregation race riots in Yorkshire during the war and how upset you all were when they put “no blacks” outside the pub mum. Anyone using “woke” as an insult in 2021 is full of poo poo, my grandad chased a racist with a gardening fork in 1943 ffs (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Bamber_Bridge)

They knew that sexist/racist/homophobic poo poo was wrong, they just didn’t expect to be called out on it or face any consequences and OH GOD “YOU HAVE NO SENSE OF HUMOUR LOVE” NO LONGER WORKS HELP HELP I AM BEING OPPRESSED.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

Josef bugman posted:

Was Steven Crowder? I know he was Brain from Arthur, but I didn't know about him having wealthy and lovely parents?

Oh, holy poo poo. I never knew this.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Read After Burning posted:

Oh, holy poo poo. I never knew this.

Only for a late season and not for long iirc, your childhood is safe

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

learnincurve posted:

I’m 41 and can remember my boomer mother sitting down with my nan and having the Jim Davidson talk and why using the kind of language he uses for black people is upsetting for all, and do you remember the GI segregation race riots in Yorkshire during the war and how upset you all were when they put “no blacks” outside the pub mum. Anyone using “woke” as an insult in 2021 is full of poo poo, my grandad chased a racist with a gardening fork in 1943 ffs (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Bamber_Bridge)

They knew that sexist/racist/homophobic poo poo was wrong, they just didn’t expect to be called out on it or face any consequences and OH GOD “YOU HAVE NO SENSE OF HUMOUR LOVE” NO LONGER WORKS HELP HELP I AM BEING OPPRESSED.

that can't be right, all those people from London said we're all thick and racist Brexit voters.

(seriously, though, your granddad rules)

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
man I remember when woke wasn’t a synonym for politically correct or minor consideration. The bygone era of less than a decade ago.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

TinTower posted:

that can't be right, all those people from London said we're all thick and racist Brexit voters.

(seriously, though, your granddad rules)

He was one of the first people (possibly the first) to make the connection between herbicides and pollution. The landowner who’s farm he was managing kicked him and his young family out when he “caused a fuss”, the fuss being helping to found the British Soil association - Happily he had friends within the movement who made sure he was OK. He died 5 years ago and on the day of the funeral my nan was scared catering for 50 was too much. Over 3000 people turned up.

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

https://twitter.com/linaposting/status/1385671393132519428?s=21

https://twitter.com/oweeowowow/status/1385672543990910980?s=21

This thread is....... a lot. Apparently the second tweet is genuine with some proof.

Edited in screenshots because I'm sure at least one of these is getting deleted

Nazzadan has a new favorite as of 22:26 on Apr 23, 2021

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

What about OJ Simpson?

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

Nazzadan posted:

This thread is....... a lot. Apparently the second tweet is genuine with some proof.

Edited in screenshots because I'm sure at least one of these is getting deleted

You like that, you loving *censored*?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I am struggling between the idea of being horny enough to do racism at people and the idea that doing racism/being racismed at makes you horny.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I like the fact the person defending them doesn't understand that "No" was an option to their request, rather than just gleefully doing the equivalent of posting the N word because they've suddenly got an OK from one person.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

EL BROMANCE posted:

I like the fact the person defending them doesn't understand that "No" was an option to their request, rather than just gleefully doing the equivalent of posting the N word because they've suddenly got an OK from one person.

You have received one (1) Gamer Credit™

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

Hokkaido Anxiety posted:

Seems like he's having a lot of trouble saying what specific changes are too woke for him, other than "change bad".

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/opi...rjoy-story.html

https://twitter.com/pwtham11/status/1385612322861985792

... Oh, no wonder he was speaking so generally.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Making disabled people or people dependent on regular medical healthcare to survive mad as a troll is insanely pathetic imo.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
They don't seem to be getting especially much engagement on it

Gross Dude
Feb 5, 2007

Gross Dude

Hokkaido Anxiety posted:

Seems like he's having a lot of trouble saying what specific changes are too woke for him, other than "change bad".

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/opi...rjoy-story.html

https://twitter.com/pwtham11/status/1385612322861985792

... Oh, no wonder he was speaking so generally.

I read the article and this guy's complaints are:

1.Disney cast members are "now permitted to display tattoos, wear inclusive uniforms and display inclusive haircuts"

2. They are getting rid of trader Sam. I didn't know who that is, but it turns out he's a black guy dressed in stereotypical African outfit who asks people to trade two of their heads for one of his

3. They are removing references to song of the south

4. The pirates of the Caribbean ride is not immersive enough anymore, he doesn't say why.

Then he says that with all these changes, the only thing he will think about while at Disney is how political disney is now and he won't have fun.

Gross Dude has a new favorite as of 23:05 on Apr 23, 2021

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

I have a coworker with a bootleg copy of Song of the South and she loaned it to me a few months ago after hearing I've never watched it and went on a tirade

Holy poo poo it might actually be one of the most boring movies I've seen in my life

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

gently caress is with that guys' eye

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Gross Dude posted:

I read the article and this guy's complaints are:

1.Disney cast members are "now permitted to display tattoos, wear inclusive uniforms and display inclusive haircuts"

2. They are getting rid of trader Sam. I didn't know who that is, but it turns out he's a black guy dressed in stereotypical African outfit who asks people to trade two of their heads for one of his

3. They are removing references to song of the south

4. The pirates of the Caribbean ride is not immersive enough anymore, he doesn't say why.

Then he says that with all these changes, the only thing he will think about while at Disney is how political disney is now and he won't have fun.

People who are "into" the "Disney park experience" are often perverts, weirdos, racists, or all three. Source: I used to work at EPCOT

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
What is an inclusive haircut?

gbut
Mar 28, 2008

😤I put the UN🇺🇳 in 🎊FUN🎉

Cornrows or dreadlocks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Already an update on the weird tweets I posted above, they're trying to play it off as a joke
https://twitter.com/OweeOwOwOw/status/1385705793425661956