Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Nodosaur posted:

That toy's nice, but it's not Bulkhead if he ain't fat

Pls do not fatshame my chonky boi he is my son and I love him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Pls do not fatshame my chonky boi he is my son and I love him

I am not fat shaming him. I am shaming him because he ain't fat.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Don't thinshame either. A Bulkhead can be allowed to thin down.

Sometimes he's Hound, too.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

If Bulkhead isn't fat, then what's next? Tall Brawn? Madness! Madness I tell you!

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Nodosaur posted:

If Bulkhead isn't fat, then what's next? Tall Brawn? Madness! Madness I tell you!

Well that also happened so...

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
#healthyatanysizeclass

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

Lodin posted:

That feel when the boss asks for Ratbat and you give him Babyrat.

this is very adorable and i love it

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Blingwave

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20EdmRLtELw

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

peepin at that chromed-out robo dick-trigger :eyepop:

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

DJ Fuckboy Supreme posted:

peepin at that chromed-out robo dick-trigger :eyepop:

Where's that comic of Megatron yelling at Starscream to fire him

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
Can someone school me on these G1 “reissues” on eBay? Stuff like various Scramble City teams on authentic looking card backs. Like, identical to the originals. It says straight up that they’re “reissues” but are they good?

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

I sure hope so, because I recently bought a “reissue” G1 Mirage!

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

Can someone school me on these G1 “reissues” on eBay? Stuff like various Scramble City teams on authentic looking card backs. Like, identical to the originals. It says straight up that they’re “reissues” but are they good?

I believe they are just straight up the G1 toys when they say reissue. So no, they are not good, have no elbows, no knees, no articulation.

Hope this helps!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
They're knockoffs.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

In the Transformers world, “knockoff” doesn’t always mean “poor quality”.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
No but it's worth knowing these are not takara or hasbro releases. Some are very good. Some, like the Stunticon boxed set, are trash.

Prophet of Nixon
May 7, 2007

Thou art not a crook!

TheDK posted:

I believe they are just straight up the G1 toys when they say reissue. So no, they are not good, have no elbows, no knees, no articulation.

Hope this helps!

There are some real reissues - the Commemorative Series. I recently sold my Sideswipe from that line.
https://tfwiki.net/wiki/The_Transformers:_Generation_One_Commemorative_Series

There's also the Takara Transformers Collection series, I have a G1 Megatron from that.
https://tfwiki.net/wiki/The_Transformers_Collection

What TheDK said about articulation and design is all true though, they are G1 toys.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

Rhyno posted:

No but it's worth knowing these are not takara or hasbro releases. Some are very good. Some, like the Stunticon boxed set, are trash.

Trash why? Bad plastic, brittle? I’m ask because they’re cheaper than the originals (obviously) so I don’t quite mind if they’re authentic but I do mind if they are trash.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Some mold simplification and brittle plastics.

But the box is great for display.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Xenomrph posted:

I sure hope so, because I recently bought a “reissue” G1 Mirage!

TFwiki has this to say about Mirage in particular:

quote:

The last of these offers, 1988's "The Autobots Are Under Attack!," marked the final release of the toy; the figure's mold was subsequently either lost or damaged, making him the only 1984 toy to never be reissued in any capacity. He has, however, been knocked off to high heaven in a variety of colors.

e: you may have already known this!

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Uh oh!

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Looked up the list.

Known lost/stolen molds are:

Generation 1 Grimlock
Generation 1 Slag
Generation 1 Sludge
Generation 1 Snarl
Generation 1 Swoop
Generation 1 Mirage
Generation 2 Go-Bot Hound (unreleased)
Generation 2 Go-Bot "Mercedes-Benz SL500" (name unknown, unreleased)
Beast Wars Basics Rattrap
Beast Wars Basics Insecticon
Beast Wars Basics Armordillo

Molds rumored to be lost:

Generation 1 Sunstreaker

Molds initially thought to have been lost, but later turned out not to have been:

Beast Wars Basics Terrorsaur

Despite their impressive size and heft, molds can break and thereby be rendered useless. Known broken molds are:

Generation 1 Wheeljack

and

Deterioration

Molds can only be used so much before they begin to wear down and deteriorate. The mold is then unable to supply products of the same quality of the original release. This may result in toys where parts no longer fit together properly, joints are overly tight or overly loose, and sculpted detail appears "washed-out." Just compare the face of an original 1984 Generation 1 Prowl or Hound with a 2000-onwards reissue.[1]

Molds specifically said to be worn out beyond a condition where further use is still viable include:

Essentially all of the mass-released Armada Mini-Con teams.
The 2001 Robots in Disguise Autobot Brothers: Prowl, Side Burn, and X-Brawn.

Molds that seem to be on their way out include:

The Alternators Subaru Impreza mold in its various incarnations started to show major signs of deterioration with Binaltech Asterisk Alert.
The Generation 1 Combaticons.
The Generation 1 Seacons are considered by many to have been beyond this point already when the Transformers Collectors' Club released the Timelines versions.
The Generation 2 Cyberjets.
Legends of Cybertron Optimus Prime.
Classics Voyager Optimus Prime.
Classics Starscream.
Masterpiece Starscream.
Movie Deluxe Class Concept Camaro Bumblebee.
Beast Hunters Cyberverse Legion Class Rippersnapper.
Transformers: Robots in Disguise (2015) Legion Class Optimus Prime.
Armada Unicron

It is unclear exactly how many uses a mold can take; some of the various Mini-Con teams were released over a half-dozen different times in the space of four years.

It is also speculated that the original Generation 1 Optimus Prime mold is long gone, as reissues share the toolings of the Generation 2 mold.

The Last Call fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Apr 26, 2021

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

The Last Call posted:

Beast Hunters Cyberverse Legion Class Rippersnapper.
This was just a lovely mould. There was never a release that actually held together well.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Well that's uh, a thing.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
And prices are about to go up.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
Did the author just decide to throw in a crack about NFTs for shits snd giggles or did Hasbro propose something?

ETA: they did... gently caress sake Hasbro.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Netflix deluxes are up for sale on Pulse, too.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Rhyno posted:

Well that's uh, a thing.
You ain't seen a thing yet.

I preordered it, it'll make a good Marvel Megatron, but I'll be using the tank mode thanks.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Haha, easy pass.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

How hard would it be to just get a G1 toy of the busted/lost mold toys and just reverse engineer it? Is there a licensing issue or something

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

Knormal posted:

You ain't seen a thing yet.

I preordered it, it'll make a good Marvel Megatron, but I'll be using the tank mode thanks.

…I actually really like it :ohdear:

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

All those remolded vehicle parts are pegged on so I'm pretty sure he still turns into a tank

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
I refuse to believe the legs are done correctly, they have to fold down to the waist and not just have the thighs exposed. They have to. Please.

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow

Couldn't they have put the cost and "effort" here into a Selects Devcon instead?

Unless I'm the only one who wants a new Devcon...

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Who would you even do a Selects Devcon OF?

The only precedent is for a remold of Scourge, and the new SS Scourge doesn’t seem like it could pull it off

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow

Nodosaur posted:

Who would you even do a Selects Devcon OF?

The only precedent is for a remold of Scourge, and the new SS Scourge doesn’t seem like it could pull it off

Red and blue SS86 Scourge with a new head. Doesn't need to be perfect, but it'd be quite decent and it worked decently for the old Botcon version, imo.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Yeah, I can’t see it. The mold is too “I’m a bad guy” looking.

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow

Nodosaur posted:

Yeah, I can’t see it. The mold is too “I’m a bad guy” looking.

I'm guessing I'm in the minority for wanting one since we've only received one Devcon figure ever. I'm not getting my hopes up for a second.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I want a Devcon, but Selects doesn’t feel like the place to do it.

Nor do I think them doing another unrelated thing means such an idea was passed over.