Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

marumaru
May 20, 2013

Anyone know how they make these beautiful glowy things? Is it airbrushed?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

I still don't know why I suddenly became Nazrin.

it's a good av

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Everything Burrito posted:

time to get hooked on webtoons

twitch will not stop showing me the ad for webtoons

if you're going to show me a bunch of random panels at least tell me what they're from

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I don't know if it's a less developed translation community or what, but basically every webtoon I've seen has had gorgeous art and absolutely terrible writing.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Aurora posted:

be nice to lucius

Honestly couldn't remember his name in the mess of Lucio/Lucifer/Lucilius

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Phantasium posted:

it's a good av

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

kirbysuperstar posted:

Honestly couldn't remember his name in the mess of Lucio/Lucifer/Lucilius

it's not hard. helel ben shahar/lucifer/faasan

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Aurora posted:

it's not hard. helel ben shahar/lucifer/faasan

You're right, but I suck, OP

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
So I just finished HoriMiya yesterday. What a drat sweet show.

Kind of sucks that apparently no one else ends up in a couple but what gonna do.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

thinking about a yoshitoshi abe/chiaki j konaka streaming program, to prepare for despera potentially coming out at some point in the near future, but starting with lain is really starting off with the showstopper...

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

homeless snail posted:

thinking about a yoshitoshi abe/chiaki j konaka streaming program, to prepare for despera potentially coming out at some point in the near future, but starting with lain is really starting off with the showstopper...

What else would you start with? Technolyze or Welcome to the NHK?

e: I guess the NHK LN designs are a little bit different to the anime/manga ones

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

kirbysuperstar posted:

What else would you start with? Technolyze or Welcome to the NHK?

e: I guess the NHK LN designs are a little bit different to the anime/manga ones
maybe haibane, but I'll probably just do it chronologically anyway

cant do niea_7 first, because thats extremely a follow up to lain

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

to be fair it will be mostly a yoshitoshi abe stream because I don't actually like most of what chiaki has written

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Oh right gently caress, I forgot Haibane

Shameful of me

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

FilthyImp posted:

So I just finished HoriMiya yesterday. What a drat sweet show.

Kind of sucks that apparently no one else ends up in a couple but what gonna do.

Did they ever stop doing the abuse fetish joke with Hori that Miyamura was clearly not comfortable with? I liked it otherwise but that part was so offputting.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

kirbysuperstar posted:

You're right, but I suck, OP

here's my tip: have you tried not sucking?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Aurora posted:

here's my tip: have you tried not sucking?

sigh

no...

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Thinking about YYH and the Chapter Black Story Arc.

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

I went looking for a (eng translation) physical copy of the Welcome to the NHK original novel a few days ago but the only one I could find was on amazon for $600 AUD.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Lube Enthusiast posted:

I went looking for a (eng translation) physical copy of the Welcome to the NHK original novel a few days ago but the only one I could find was on amazon for $600 AUD.

suddenly glad I still have the copy I imported from the UK for..less than five AUD in 2008 lmao

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Acerbatus posted:

Did they ever stop doing the abuse fetish joke with Hori that Miyamura was clearly not comfortable with? I liked it otherwise but that part was so offputting.
Lol nope.

It definitely required a discussion about boundaries and whatnot with Miyamura, but there was some level of lol to it realizing that she wanted the positive male in her life to treat her like her lovely shiftless dad kaioken x10.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

https://twitter.com/Yuyucow/status/1385649651760734209?s=19

In other news I cannot believe that the Adachi and Shimamura author decided the best bonus for the final volume of a 12 ep anime adaptation was a story about one of them after the other, and every other named character, has died of old age. It's cool but drat, especially attached to something that only covered early parts of the books.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Motto posted:

https://twitter.com/Yuyucow/status/1385649651760734209?s=19

In other news I cannot believe that the Adachi and Shimamura author decided the best bonus for the final volume of a 12 ep anime adaptation was a story about one of them after the other, and every other named character, has died of old age. It's cool but drat, especially attached to something that only covered early parts of the books.

That really feels like a mood killer, lol.

There was something I didn't particularly like that I couldnt put my finger on about adachi and shimamura so I don't think I'll watch it, but is it a girls last tour thing like "look how beautiful and fleeting life is" or what?

FilthyImp posted:

Lol nope.

It definitely required a discussion about boundaries and whatnot with Miyamura, but there was some level of lol to it realizing that she wanted the positive male in her life to treat her like her lovely shiftless dad kaioken x10.

that's a shame.

Acerbatus fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Apr 23, 2021

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Acerbatus posted:

There was something I didn't particularly like that I couldnt put my finger on about adachi and shimamura so I don't think I'll watch it, but is it a girls last tour thing like "look how beautiful and fleeting life is" or what?

I was continuously reassured that adachi was supposed to be a terrible person and the story is about her improving herself etc etc but the anime ended before that even started lol

It didn't...really sell me on the series tbh

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
the adachi & shimamura anime has some cool visuals and the side characters are fun but it basically ends long before any real exploration of its own leads happens. i can get not wanting to rush stuff too much but like it's paced as if it's the front half of a 24 episode anime, and not 12 eps of what could potentially be all that gets adapted period

it's honestly in a similar boat to bloom into you to me, where it's a solid adaptation of what it covers but like. what it covers isn't even the cool part of the story lol

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Xun posted:

I was continuously reassured that adachi was supposed to be a terrible person and the story is about her improving herself etc etc but the anime ended before that even started lol

It didn't...really sell me on the series tbh

I feel like most things that get sold on 'terrible person improves'are pretty bad at it, be it the person in question not being interesting enough to care about their improvement or something else, though it's been long enough for A&S I dont recall for sure if that was my issue.

The manga had really nice art though.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i mean adachi isn't so much a terrible person who's awful to others or anything she's just insanely bad at interacting with people

like the conflict is that she constantly ducks out of social interactions and doesn't know how to understand or convey her feelings well, the anime just, ends before she really takes any steps towards rectifying this

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

lol

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The Colonel posted:

i mean adachi isn't so much a terrible person who's awful to others or anything she's just insanely bad at interacting with people

like the conflict is that she constantly ducks out of social interactions and doesn't know how to understand or convey her feelings well, the anime just, ends before she really takes any steps towards rectifying this

Maybe I'll give it another shot since mangadex is still down and it's up on dynasty.

I do recall that those girls needed to go to class more, from one truant to another. :colbert:

marumaru
May 20, 2013

adachi to shimamura was weird to me because despite sounding like it'd be right up my alley,

Acerbatus posted:

There was something I didn't particularly like that I couldnt put my finger on

and the anime really didn't make me that curious about the manga. i will still read it if one of you says i should because i'm very easy to influence, but

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

Acerbatus posted:

Maybe I'll give it another shot since mangadex is still down and it's up on dynasty.

I do recall that those girls needed to go to class more, from one truant to another. :colbert:

By the end of the anime they're attending class more often than not IIRC

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I would not say that Adachi And Shimamura is about Adachi "becoming a better person" ftr

Hiro Protagonist
Oct 25, 2010

Last of the freelance hackers and
Greatest swordfighter in the world
Well that's interesting. We'll be getting the Konosuba RPG in October. Hopefully that means more Japanese games get translated.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Is the Konosuba game any good? From my experience with japanese ttrpgs they tend to have interesting ideas but mechanics you would have seen ten, twenty years ago.

Edit: not that that's necessarily a bad thing, sometimes it works but other times it feels like they're trying to reinvent the wheel

Kwyndig fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Apr 24, 2021

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

An official Konosuba RPG seems very un-konosuba, given that its main characters are all meant to be "playing" the RPG rules their world runs on very badly.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

The third episode of TWEWY was decent as well. I guess the first one just felt so rushed because they wanted to get in all the introductions right off the bat or something

Speaking of which, do we have any idea how long this series is supposed to last? I can’t imagine it’ll be that long since we already reached the end of the first Reaper’s Game in just 3 episodes.

Larryb fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Apr 24, 2021

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
It's one cours.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Lemon-Lime posted:

It's one cours.

I meant do we have an exact episode count or anything?

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
It's 12 eps, and ep 4 is next week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Strange Quark posted:

It's 12 eps, and ep 4 is next week.

Whoops, I meant third episode. Fixed.

And I forget, would that be enough for them to get through the whole game or will it be like the Persona 5 anime where it winds up spilling into a couple OVAs as well?