Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
costco is well known as the absolute cheapest place you can get gas around here, guaranteed. is there anything costco cant do ???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE
the unreal bars are back :byodood:

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Costco sells tiny homes now
https://www.costco.com/medano-10%27x12%27-studio-shed--%e2%80%93-do-it-yourself-assembly.product.100762992.html

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

iroc.dis posted:

Went to the Co today. I don't go hard like some of you goons so I only got 3 things: Cereve lotion and Systane eye drops for the fiancé and daily vitamins for me.

:effort:

That is some premium lotion for my big goony body.

Rip your Cali gas prices. Here in the shithole Midwest premium is $2.79 at the Co

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

That's pretty good.... but I bet I could build it myself for half that.*

*though I've been hearing the price of lumber is through the roof.....

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Kirkland Signature Home

extravadanza
Oct 19, 2007

Cartoon Man posted:

Kirkland Signature Home

Yes, please Costco. Imagine the executive rebate check!

RoastBeef
Jul 11, 2008

FogHelmut posted:

I only got gasoline today. $3.99/gallon, cheapest in town.

Oof. Premium was <$3 here.

e: fb

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
go to costco and buy your millenial kids a house already you stingy fuckin boomers

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

I can't stop imagining the alternate universe where Sears didn't get taken over by a randian psycho and dump their catalog business 5 years before they would've been Amazon but with all the infrastructure already in place

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sears_Modern_Homes

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Tiny homes are proof my generation got hosed.

(I own a (small) home, 100% due to getting a ton of money for being a hosed over vet).

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
can costco gimme 50 story soulless concrete apartments like in my homeland

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Tiny homes are proof my generation got hosed.

(I own a (small) home, 100% due to getting a ton of money for being a hosed over vet).

Similar, I own a very small home 100% due to sacrificing my 20s on the altar of providing live-in eldercare for my great-grandma and jumping a couple generations up the inheritance tree.

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

I wanted to buy some 1/4 hot dogs but they only came in packs of like 12 and I can't eat that many fast enough to not stink up my fridge and piss off my wife

I was forced to buy one from the food stand instead

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

AHH F/UGH posted:

I wanted to buy some 1/4 hot dogs but they only came in packs of like 12 and I can't eat that many fast enough to not stink up my fridge and piss off my wife

But the foodsaver and put them in the freezer. I mean that’s pretty much the costcode, right?

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

AHH F/UGH posted:

Freeze em fellow parishioner.

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

You can freeze hot dog buns too. Never be without again.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Virigoth posted:

i do this with my chicken sausages. just throw a couple in a glass hot water to thaw before grillin em up

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

shame on an IGA posted:

Similar, I own a very small home 100% due to sacrificing my 20s on the altar of providing live-in eldercare for my great-grandma and jumping a couple generations up the inheritance tree.

I will probably never own a home unless I can somehow finagle my way into inheriting my childhood home (doubtful) and every day I become more resigned ok with it

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

there's no toilet or sink or anything, that's just a really fancy shed art studio

also, cheap. i saw a catalogue of those things where they got up past $70k lol

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
went to church today. got a couple of pairs of slacks for $14 some coffee beans and a big bag of those almond/cashew/pumpkin seed crunch cube dealies that are insanely good. Didnt get a hotdog though since I was still full from breakfast ):

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
Last time I went to costco and filled up gas tank the pump didn't actually charge us and printed a receipt for $0, the attendant didn't seem to care either.

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

Virigoth posted:

I feel like that's disrespectful to the dog though

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

I bought 168 diapers at my Costco equivalent

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

if you go to costco a vacuum sealer will become the most valuable thing that you own.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Celexi posted:

Last time I went to costco and filled up gas tank the pump didn't actually charge us and printed a receipt for $0, the attendant didn't seem to care either.

now thats what I call a free refill! :dadjoke:

lgcty5
Jan 4, 2003

Hell Yeah posted:

if you go to costco a vacuum sealer will become the most valuable thing that you own.

What do people use them for that isn’t meat? We have one, but don’t eat meat. So the only thing it ever gets used for is in the fall when I batch sauté wild mushrooms for storage. Otherwise it just sits there...

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Chinatown posted:

i do this with my chicken sausages. just throw a couple in a glass hot water to thaw before grillin em up

You can just pop em in a pan of boiling water , turn off the burner and let them sit for 10 minutes and have the full Costco dog experience. They don’t grill them so why should you!

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011

lgcty5 posted:

What do people use them for that isn’t meat? We have one, but don’t eat meat. So the only thing it ever gets used for is in the fall when I batch sauté wild mushrooms for storage. Otherwise it just sits there...
Marinated tofu, cooked and portioned vegetables, cooked and portioned mains, cooked rice, sliced and macerated fruit, cheeses, blanched seasonal produce I don't want to waste, homemade popscicles.

That's what I have in my freezer right now that I sealed in my foodsaver. Freeze anything that's liquidy before you seal it and you can use it for pretty much anything.

MarxCarl
Jul 18, 2003

lgcty5 posted:

I use it to break down dry goods into smaller portions and save the rest, flour, oats, and sugar. Coffee beans, I only keep a weeks worth of beans out, and seal the rest, like opening a new bag of coffee every week. I've got a couple of bags of frozen Roma tomatoes in the freezer, from that giant 6lb can. The uses are endless.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

lgcty5 posted:

Others have chimed in, but I also use my vacuum sealer when I buy the 2-pack of 6 muffins. I freeze them immediately, and then seal them up in 2-packs. This means I don't need to eat twelve 800 calorie muffins in 4 days. Even a month later, when they defrost they'll be soft and fresh.

Also I seal up the homemade jalapeno poppers (peppers from my garden, of course).

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

I bought 168 diapers at my Costco equivalent

There is no equivalent.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

lgcty5 posted:

coffee and dubliner cheese and it'll pay for itself in a couple months.

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011

GORDON posted:

Others have chimed in, but I also use my vacuum sealer when I buy the 2-pack of 6 muffins. I freeze them immediately, and then seal them up in 2-packs. This means I don't need to eat twelve 800 calorie muffins in 4 days. Even a month later, when they defrost they'll be soft and fresh.

Also I seal up the homemade jalapeno poppers (peppers from my garden, of course).

A note of warning: They do not take long enough to defrost to keep you from eating three muffins in one drat day.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
The corn muffins in particular are crack if you toast it in a pan with butter.

A defrosting muffin will also cut a lot cleaner.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Yall gonna make me get a vacuum sealer with all this good vacuum sealer talk.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
That reminds me, I need to pickup a replacement gasket set on amazon for my sealer, I think it was mentioned here that’s the issue if it stops getting a good vacuum seal.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
Cheese becomes immortal if you vac seal it.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Chinatown posted:

Yall gonna make me get a vacuum sealer with all this good vacuum sealer talk.

:getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bucksmash
Mar 11, 2002

I went to Costco to snag noise canceling Skullcandy bluetooth headphones to replace my wired ones that died after 13 years.

I almost left with only those, but like a good churchgoer I had to give the proper tithing. Went back and I grabbed several bags of almonds and pistachios, some 32 below boxer briefs, 7 pounds of ground beef, and new electric toothbrushes for me and my husband.

PBUC indeed