Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

sry if you don’t find the crackhead son of the president who hosed his dead brother’s widow funny

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

the time for my stories eps about shows they hadn't seen before are the best

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

Slanderer posted:

it was clear how things were gonna go after hearing virgil shouting some insanely cringe poo poo at the end of live show (las vegas?) before they all sang a song. he sounded unwell.

so his later disappearance was unsurprising

why would you write a psot like this lol this isnt twitter just say what he did

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Farm Frenzy posted:

why would you write a psot like this lol this isnt twitter just say what he did

tfw cspam losers getting so detached they can't even post normal anymore, let alone go outside or have a job

Ansar Santa
Jul 12, 2012

I would like to know what Virgil said. My interest is piqued

Trash Ops
Jun 19, 2012

im having fun, isnt everyone else?

virgil said "i'm a homo! i'm gaaaaaaaaaaaay"

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Trabisnikof posted:

sry if you don’t find the crackhead son of the president who hosed his dead brother’s widow funny

I'm glad that his struggles with drugs is what is causing biden to not decriminaliz Marijuana. Hunter is so cool.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

Trash Ops posted:

virgil said "i'm a homo! i'm gaaaaaaaaaaaay"

guess I gotta like him now

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Mr Hootington posted:

I'm glad that his struggles with drugs is what is causing biden to not decriminaliz Marijuana. Hunter is so cool.

Everyone who has their life ruined by the security state under Biden for weed can thank internet hero Hunter Biden and his wacky adventures

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Trabisnikof posted:

the things he's done are funny but he himself isn't very funny, especially since poor people who get up to that poo poo end up catching police beatings

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
he seems more goofy than just straight up awful, like the thing with china honeypot or whatever. and the texts with his dad that were supposed to be this huge blow ended up humanizing both of them

like the huckabee boys would be like that if they didn't murder dogs

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Dreylad posted:

he seems more goofy than just straight up awful, like the thing with china honeypot or whatever. and the texts with his dad that were supposed to be this huge blow ended up humanizing both of them

like the huckabee boys would be like that if they didn't murder dogs

His substance abuse issues are now directly responsible for the imiseration of tens of thousands of Americans.

Josh Christ
Dec 24, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

scary ghost dog posted:

jack reacher books are the book version of law & order imo

I want felix to get really into Jack Reacher next

Often Abbreviated
Dec 19, 2017

1st Severia Tank Brigade
"Ghosts of Honcharivske"

Bootleg Trunks posted:

Yeah hunter isn't as interesting of a failure as trumps kids

I think this comparison is more interesting than "Hunter Biden: on fleek or nah?". It's about pathos. Chelsea Clinton et al are fundamentally unlikeable because the only suffering they ever feel is that they aren't adored to the standard they desire. They're lizard people. On the other hand Hunter and the Trump kids are more sympathetic. Hunter is a criminally horny addict fuckup, and the Trump boys are so astonishingly dim and uncharismatic than their own father hates to be seen with them. These are problems we can all understand, and whether you associate more with one or the other will likely have to do with your own incalculably disastrous upbringing.

And of course we all ultimately desire to see them on a debate stage until they fight or fall in love.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Nothus posted:

His substance abuse issues are now directly responsible for the imiseration of tens of thousands of Americans.

i'm pretty sure President Joe would just find a different excuse to continue decades long US drug policy if Hunter never did crack.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Bootleg Trunks posted:

Yeah hunter isn't as interesting of a failure as trumps kids

Is Don Jr. still hanging out with county level Republican leaders.

The most hardworking Presidential child in decades.

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

hunter is like if jonathan from UYD was even more privileged

Josh Christ
Dec 24, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
I like time for my stories, I like how some episodes are more about the show and some are more about the shows place in american culture and how it's existence reflects our nightmare society. I think it's good. I like that felix kept calling it gambo

animist
Aug 28, 2018

Nothus posted:

:thunk:

i wonder if the security state likes to lock up black people. no, it must be hunter biden's fault

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

xtal posted:

Also, addendum: lawyers are not leftists by definition.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

Trabisnikof posted:

My problem isn't that it wasn't funny its that the joke has gotten extremely stale and every time it comes up they just repeat the same 3-5 takes with no new insight or fresh jokes. Hunter is not an interesting enough person to sustain this level of interest.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

animist posted:

:thunk:

i wonder if the security state likes to lock up black people. no, it must be hunter biden's fault

True, but it's the excuse biden has given for being hostile to cannabis reform

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Nothus posted:

lol if you think that arch-drug warrior biden actually would be cool with pot if Hunter was like Beau

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

KomradeX posted:

Where does one enlist in the Liz Franczak Basij?

So far this guys stuff about JFK and him wanting tti secretly end the Vietnam war seems to be ask the stuff that's been throughly debunked over the years, and goid argument that Kennedy was already rich so he wouldn't use the powers of the president to get richer islaughable. I can't take these Kennedy as enemy of the status quo and that's why they got rid of him poo poo seriously

The TrueAnon description of Kennedy hasn't won me over, but I think it gives good context. The CIA/mob/corporate leaders didn't have perfect knowledge of the situation at the time either, and JFK just giving the impression of being less openly imperialist could be enough for them.

I think the Roosevelt comparison they brought up was interesting to consider. FDR basically saved the US capitalist system, but the reforms he implemented were reviled by large sections of the capitalist class. The reaction to the New Deal was so intense you see factory owners bankrolling the Birchers to print out pamphlets calling Eisenhower a communist, and that's over a decade after it gets going.

I think the Kennedys weren't as prominent as the Roosevelts, but their wealth hypothetically allowed them the same ability to act independently of other capitalist factions. I don't think Kennedy ever really planned to, but if you're a CIA ghoul (whose dad was one of the Business Plot planners) the risk is there. In that context it makes sense how a conspiracy to oust him could develop.

In conclusion, Trump really was the successor to Kennedy and FDR. Reviled by his class even when he made them richer, and plotted against by Ivy League sickos.

Slanderer
May 6, 2007

Ytlaya posted:

What are the details of this?

sorry lol, i'm sure it was one of the Feb. 2020 live shows, but i really dont want to listen to them to figure out which one

Slanderer
May 6, 2007

KomradeX posted:

Where does one enlist in the Liz Franczak Basij?

So far this guys stuff about JFK and him wanting tti secretly end the Vietnam war seems to be ask the stuff that's been throughly debunked over the years, and goid argument that Kennedy was already rich so he wouldn't use the powers of the president to get richer islaughable. I can't take these Kennedy as enemy of the status quo and that's why they got rid of him poo poo seriously

podcasts are bad this week. chapo has jacob bacharach, who is boring as hell, and true anon has @housetrotter who is one of the dumbest motherfuckers ive run into. incidentally i only remember him for having a bapper-level meltdowns about chapo

Josh Christ
Dec 24, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Ytlaya posted:

What are the details of this?

The last show before iirc Nevada or Iowa the chapos ended their live show by talking about the moment we all incorrectly thought was happening and it was wildly hopeful and optimistic and in hindsight turbo cringe

And then they sang solidarity forever which will never be cringe, solidarity forever is great

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Slanderer posted:

podcasts are bad this week. chapo has jacob bacharach, who is boring as hell, and true anon has @housetrotter who is one of the dumbest motherfuckers ive run into. incidentally i only remember him for having a bapper-level meltdowns about chapo

post the meltdown i want to see the chapo and trueanon people fight

Slanderer
May 6, 2007
he deleted the tweets i think lol. but he still goes to bat for the geohell guy, notable for (a) selling coke to kids (b) writing one of the stupidest books every self published (c) hiring jeevesmeister aka taintrunner to make the cover for geohell and (d) leaving twitter because he was embarassed about DMing Nazi Tara.

Slanderer
May 6, 2007

Josh Christ posted:

The last show before iirc Nevada or Iowa the chapos ended their live show by talking about the moment we all incorrectly thought was happening and it was wildly hopeful and optimistic and in hindsight turbo cringe

And then they sang solidarity forever which will never be cringe, solidarity forever is great

solidarity forever is cringe, but they sung it at multiple shows so i might be conflating the two.

if you want to sing a song do it at home.

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Felix mentioned reading the GoT threads on Time For My Stories and I wish he’d researched the forums for Lost

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005
was at the live show in san diego right after nevada and it was the last time i felt any actual hope for the world.

it was also the last time i went out anywhere beyond work and the grocery store

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Shipon posted:

was at the live show in san diego right after nevada and it was the last time i felt any actual hope for the world.

I was at one of their LA shows and it's insane to think about how quickly everything went to poo poo after that.

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

they closed in nh with that too, gave me time to beat the rush

it was a strange manic time for a lot of us so I’ll cut them some slack

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Atrocious Joe posted:

A bunch of diaspora failsons describing how they plan to liberate their homelands for the CIA sounds like a good bit for an E1 ep.

oh, so just a retrospective on Guaido with the Kraft heir

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Larry Parrish posted:

the things he's done are funny but he himself isn't very funny, especially since poor people who get up to that poo poo end up catching police beatings

and the fact that there are quite a few people that suffer at his expense whenever he experiences a pratfall or jape

Josh Christ
Dec 24, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Slanderer posted:

solidarity forever is cringe

gently caress off

Josh Christ
Dec 24, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
"actually it's cringe to sing a song about how we're all getting hosed but if we stand together the powers that be can suck our collective dick and choke on it, which has good rear end lyrics and a melody that is ingrained in the genetic memory of 99% of americans" - a moron

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Shipon posted:

same but sacramento show lol. very good energy

literally right at end of feb, went to that, met up with goons, and then got some thai food in davis and next thing the state locked down. last real social thing ive done besides a few small outdoor bbqs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trash Ops
Jun 19, 2012

im having fun, isnt everyone else?