Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

DC Murderverse posted:

I’m curious how this is gonna stack up to the new season of Slow Burn, which is also about the Iraq War.

The Iraq season wrapped last year and was incredibly good. I couldn’t recommend it more highly. The second season of blowback that just hit is about Cuba and the Cuban revolution and I’m fascinated to hear it especially because their stated angle is telling the story from a Cuban perspective

BRAKE FOR MOOSE posted:

Lenin's whole career until 1917 was really just shitposting, I wouldn't underestimate it

Fair enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GunFondler42069
Jan 28, 2020

i don't know anything about these other podcasts you people are talking about but everyone should be listening to Knowledge Fight

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

GunFondler42069 posted:

i don't know anything about these other podcasts you people are talking about but everyone should be listening to Knowledge Fight

I give you and the hosts of Knowledge Fight a lot of credit for doing so but I cannot listen to Alex Jones for more than a few minutes before I start getting too angry to be constructive, and I am working on going into a fugue state of mental languishing, anger is counterproductive

Firstscion
Apr 11, 2008

Born Lucky

rotinaj posted:

I give you and the hosts of Knowledge Fight a lot of credit for doing so but I cannot listen to Alex Jones for more than a few minutes before I start getting too angry to be constructive, and I am working on going into a fugue state of mental languishing, anger is counterproductive

Just bark like JorDan does it seems to work for him.

Parakeet vs. Phone
Nov 6, 2009

rotinaj posted:

If you haven't, you might still enjoy their Wacky Wednesday episodes with "Sweary" Kerry Cassidy. The Mark Richards saga is pretty great and is more baffling than infuriating. Somebody made a list of all the Project Camelot episodes: https://www.podchaser.com/lists/project-camelot-saga-knowledge-fight-107a4XhxIo

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

rotinaj posted:

:same:, it's definitely something I can only listen to in small doses.

I still go back to the "Alex sort of confesses to murder" clip from the second Alex Jones BtB episode when I need a good laugh though.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

DC Murderverse posted:

I’m curious how this is gonna stack up to the new season of Slow Burn, which is also about the Iraq War.

I mean if you actually want to know, Blowback is absolutely excellent while Slow Burn is utter garbage straight from the landfill

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.
I'd listen to knowledge fight more but I do most of my podcast listening in bed to fall asleep to and while I am brain broken enough to fall asleep to Alex Jones clips I share a bedroom wall with my sister and I'm pretty sure she doesn't want to start her workday listening to that. she knows I listen to stuff about horrible people for sleeping to but that seems a step too far

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
LMAO “I’m Robert a professional political
podcaster who works for an intelligence agency. I have nO iDeA who the most successful political podcasters on Earth are!” lmao suuuuure Bobby.

Also you have literally name dropped Cum Town multiple times on your own programs

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

Bust Rodd posted:

podcaster who works for an intelligence agency. I have nO iDeA who the most successful political podcasters on Earth are!” lmao suuuuure Bobby.

Also you have literally name dropped Cum Town multiple times on your own programs

lol, "professional"

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Bust Rodd posted:

He's name dropped Cum Town because it's a funny name,

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Bust Rodd posted:

He has clearly admitted to being a hack and a fraud several times on air. Where do you get this idea of "professional" from?

GunFondler42069 posted:

alright, but onlly if you give Schitt's Creek a chance.
Here's the pitch: Catherine O'Hara playing a former soap opera star, married to a fancy pants businessman who have recently found themselves losing nearly everything, and needing to live in a run down motel with their family.
She hams it up 120%
Bonus of having her play off Eugene Levy and a couple of his irl kids

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

Bust Rodd posted:

I feel like someone who truly matched the description you've given here wouldn't have resorted to asking Twitter randos to help him secure horse meat for personal consumption

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor

Bust Rodd posted:

Shhhhhuddup before you start another Politician Cum Derail. :stonklol:

Sab Sabbington
Sep 18, 2016

In my restless dreams I see that town...

Flagstaff, Arizona

Bust Rodd posted:

Speaking of loving exhausting

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
lotta people with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome ITT, just blowing their energy reserves posting about podcasts and suddenly getting just completely overwhelmed by someone else’s opinion. That does sound like an exhausting way to live.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Bust Rodd posted:

lotta people with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome ITT, just blowing their energy reserves posting about podcasts and suddenly getting just completely overwhelmed by someone else’s opinion. That does sound like an exhausting way to live.

yeah maybe they should get a Totally Legit Reiki session instead

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

all desire - the thirst for oil, war, religious salvation - needs to be understood according to what he calls 'the demonogrammatical decoding of the Earth's body'
The Chapo boys take money from the cia, but ironically.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Bust Rodd posted:

If you keep examining, you may notice that the common denominator in you finding all these people absolutely exhausted with your poo poo...

is you

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
It’s actually just two people in a podcast thread who don’t like Chapo Trap House, I’m not sweating it

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Is there a chapo bit you could recommend besides the Gorka ones?

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Is there a chapo thread that this would be better received in?

Caveat: I turned thirty today and I’m drinking monster Moscow mule and gin. I might do a drug ””””might””””. I have a charcuterie board for people who like black metal and NOT A TAPENADE.

catapede
Jul 1, 2018

Eatin' fish leaves
Gettin' strong
Hell yeah. Happy birthday 🥳

Edit: And thanks for starting this thread =)

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

RandomPauI posted:

Is there a chapo bit you could recommend besides the Gorka ones?

I miss Gorka.

I pretty much just listen for the reading series, those are always funny.

GunFondler42069
Jan 28, 2020

Bust Rodd posted:

sir, i have never even heard of "cum"

UncleButts
Sep 25, 2003

pure of heart
dumb of ass

GunFondler42069 posted:

sir, i have never even heard of "cum"

Special guest appearance by Dr. Kellogg

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

UncleButts posted:

Special guest appearance by Dr. Kellogg

Yeah dude was living la vida do not cum town

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.
Everybody shut up and ear your cumflakes.

Cornflakes, I mean cornflakes.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Lemniscate Blue posted:

Everybody shut up and ear your cumflakes.

Cornflakes, I mean cornflakes.

i want them anally please along with a firehose of water. i am sure this time it will stop me from masturbating.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Dapper_Swindler posted:

i want them anally please along with a firehose of water. i am sure this time it will stop me from masturbating.

Seriously how many gallons of yogurt did that dude go through, they must have had cows on premises making milk constantly

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

rotinaj posted:

Seriously how many gallons of yogurt did that dude go through, they must have had cows on premises making milk constantly

Absolutely not, if you let people watch how cows are killed they might start to get ideas and we can’t have that

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

HashtagGirlboss posted:

People who think podcasts are praxis are idiots, just like people who think posting is praxis are idiots.

Not praxis perhaps but maybe a bit of missing general education about history and how the world actually works instead of the curriculum most people get. That's a real resource that wasn't around when I was growing up.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

DC Murderverse posted:

Absolutely not, if you let people watch how cows are killed they might start to get ideas and we can’t have that

Do...

Do you think milk comes from dead cows?

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

rotinaj posted:

Do...

Lol autocorrect did me no favors there. I meant “milked”, not “killed”.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

DC Murderverse posted:

Lol autocorrect did me no favors there. I meant “milked”, not “killed”.

:hmmyes: I see your point, but that yogurt has to come from somewhere. Maybe Kellogg had a sweetheart deal with a local milkery or something because holy poo poo would that have been a lot of milk.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

rotinaj posted:

idk. i just at a bowl of it.. weiss yogurt is good poo poo.

rotinaj posted:

Do...

lol. i remember when i was in college and i took a local history course and i learned all about how butter and such is made, its loving gross and so is yogurt when you think about it for too long. not the "it comes from a cows tits" more "they basicaly let it bubble in a gross shed for days" type deal.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
Now I want to know what milk from a recently deceased cow tastes like.

I must know.

drat you...

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

I mean, given how long UHT milk keeps, there's a huge chance that the last milk your drank came from a cow that died recently :v:

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

teen witch posted:

Is there a chapo thread that this would be better received in?

Caveat: I turned thirty today and I’m drinking monster Moscow mule and gin. I might do a drug ””””might””””. I have a charcuterie board for people who like black metal and NOT A TAPENADE.

Grattis på Födelsdag!

And is that Moscow Mule WITH gin in them as well, or Moscow Mules and gin as hell separate drinks, cause if the former then wow-ee.

Samovar fucked around with this message at 08:55 on Apr 26, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Samovar posted:

Grattis på Födelsdag!

And is that Moscow Mule WITH gin in them as well, or Moscow Mules and gin as hell separate drinks, cause if the former then wow-ee.

It was the Monster brand Moscow Mule crap which is weirdly passable when you add gin (as are most things). There’s a premade box drink in Systemet I see and it’s just too sweet. Felt too lazy to make the actual drink myself.