Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

dy. posted:

Can anyone really know who anyone is?

The robot games were fun to design but ultimately way too complicated to actually work. This is going to be a new, overly fiddly mechanic that everyone will use wrong. There might be boats.

Don't need boats, we all float down here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hotel Soap is super proud of his little perfumed balls that never get dirty or stinky
Trashboat

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

Here we go: Mafia in Margaritaville, a 15-player game of mafia set in a dystopian, post-apocalyptic world based on Jimmy Buffet's Margaritaville. This game should overall be pretty straightforward, but the roles are gonna be weird. Please join!

Join this game if you want to escape into a desolate future ravaged by the swelling tides populated by sentient boats, and/or you like Piña Coladas.

Don’t join this game if you are a low-effort shitposter or you get seasick.

mega dy fucked around with this message at 23:51 on Apr 9, 2021

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

Just need one more for Margaritaville!

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
https://twitter.com/steak_umm/status/1381799324179427330?s=21

good posting mr steakumms

.random
May 7, 2007

I have not played forums mafia in a very long time. I would play a game. I would ::nods sagely::

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

It's not exactly Mafia but Mafia adjacent, we are currently taking signups for the new season of Awful Survivor. Game is expected to start on April 25th.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3964614

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
If only there were anyone running... a mafia.... game....

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

I will have one up end of week.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Stargate SG-1 Mini Mafia. A game for 14 players is looking for intrepid adventurers to travel through the stargate and visit alien worlds.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Hey folks, the people over at Mafia Universe got in touch with me to remind me that the new season is starting up soon, and wanted to know if anyone from our community would participate.

I posted this in the discord but will put it here to so everyone can talk about it and pick someone:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Jys9pqrKSpZ3hEX17iuu4mtoG-c_7YbgHRTK0pAZCUQ/edit

I participated last year, and found it pretty fun to play with a bunch of players without any meta arguments to be had. I died night 2 and still made the semi finals (I had to bow out at that point because of the baby being born.)

Edit: I was gently reminded that the deadline to respond is May 7th, so they need whomever is picked to contact them by then.

Max fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Apr 22, 2021

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i volunteer as tribute

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Clearly I am the proper person to represent SA mafia

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
The entire concept is filled with problems. You cannot find a “mafia champion” without hundreds of games. Even so, who cares?

I participated in the first iteration and was very upset that I didn’t get an mvp nod when obviously I dominated as scum. Now, looking back, who gives a poo poo.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help

Mafia success is measured in the number of friends you make along the journey.

And how many times you crush their dreams by making them choose wrong in LYLO.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Cena has expressed the most interest on here and the discord, as has Solus. Hal would be a good rep too, I think.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Send Krell

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

It’s finally time to come clean

Krell was an Ecco alt

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

t a s t e posted:

It’s finally time to come clean

Krell was an Ecco alt

:eyepop:

I hate to seem biased but I think it would be fun to see how hal does

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hotel Soap is super proud of his little perfumed balls that never get dirty or stinky
Fine this community can send me, I'll fall on this sword.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i withdraw as tribute

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Still looking for 4 more players.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Grandicap posted:

Still looking for 4 1 more players.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Recurring reminder that many people are unavailable during the work day and that doesn't mean that they are lurking. It is very silly that this remains a thing.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Simple: don’t accept signups from the employed

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Important announcement: Hal has played 498 games as of the conclusion of Margaritaville, and I am pre-booking running his 500th game after whatever he plays in next. Stay tuned!

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

t a s t e posted:

Simple: don’t accept signups from the employed

:hmmyes:

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Podima posted:

Important announcement: Hal has played 498 games as of the conclusion of Margaritaville, and I am pre-booking running his 500th game after whatever he plays in next. Stay tuned!

Pre-sign!!!

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

Podima posted:

truly a fellow of infinite jest, of most excellent fancy

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Podima posted:

I’ll fight you for it

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Retro Futurist posted:

I’ll fight you for it

I already have the setup ready to go, flavor in progress. You should play!

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Fine but I get 1000

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Deal ;-*

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Sandwolf posted:

Pre-sign!!!

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

I hope you all have fun!

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

Grandicap posted:

Still looking for 4 more players.
Man I really regret having my family visit me last week, I would have loved to get in this game. Stupid family.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

dy. posted:

Man I really regret having my family visit me last week, I would have loved to get in this game. Stupid family.

I can put you down as a replacement, or you are welcome to observe.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Max posted:

Hey folks, the people over at Mafia Universe got in touch with me to remind me that the new season is starting up soon, and wanted to know if anyone from our community would participate.

I posted this in the discord but will put it here to so everyone can talk about it and pick someone:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Jys9pqrKSpZ3hEX17iuu4mtoG-c_7YbgHRTK0pAZCUQ/edit

I participated last year, and found it pretty fun to play with a bunch of players without any meta arguments to be had. I died night 2 and still made the semi finals (I had to bow out at that point because of the baby being born.)

Edit: I was gently reminded that the deadline to respond is May 7th, so they need whomever is picked to contact them by then.

Bumping this as Cena had to pull his interest and the other person that said they were has as well. I'd be down with Hal going, but is anyone else interested?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Do I have to take it seriously?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Max
Nov 30, 2002

You don't have to, no.