Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

defaultluser posted:

So I made it back to Rhombus square - do I have to finish the solo quest against my twin again before it triggers the house dlc?

Didn't see any new buildings in the city (but the Arena looks interesting), I got the impression the house would be built over by First Scholars (based on screenshots, but that place is empty!

You have to complete the game with the good ending to do the DLC. It's explicitly postgame.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

defaultluser
Jan 13, 2007

The person can drink sake for the following five reasons. First of all, for the national holiday. Moreover, it fills with the nectar. Finally, for reasons. Next, to heal the dryness of the place. After that, to refuse the future
Fun Shoe

NGDBSS posted:

I'm lost by your description of things. What chapter are you in? And have you spoken with Albert and Ivan?

I think last time I finished the game, I gave up after I spoke with the creators of me.

When there was absolutely nothing to do in Rhombus Square, I just couldn't be bothered with Boost quests (while leveling ten more).

I've peeked ahead, and see I've got quite a bit more work to do, but the new Arena will make things much more bearable! I also managed to pick-up way more Boost essential ingredients this time (only one last time)

defaultluser fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Apr 16, 2021

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

You didn't finish the game. You don't need to bother with Boost stuff, but you do need to do the final raid on Vermillion Wastelands.

defaultluser
Jan 13, 2007

The person can drink sake for the following five reasons. First of all, for the national holiday. Moreover, it fills with the nectar. Finally, for reasons. Next, to heal the dryness of the place. After that, to refuse the future
Fun Shoe

SirSamVimes posted:

You didn't finish the game. You don't need to bother with Boost stuff, but you do need to do the final raid on Vermillion Wastelands.

yeah, I remember the final destination.

Well how else besides boost do you expect me to level-up?? I'm currently at 55 (and the video walk-through I watched was at 65)

Can you use the arena?

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

The arena does not give XP.

Doing the sidequests in all the hubs (with boosts on to make the random enemies higher level) should get you 5-10 levels.

Honestly, crafting high level equipment makes you way stronger than going up some levels. If you don't want to level up, just try crafting gear in the 2nd floor of the weapons shop in rhombus square. You'll probably have to grind some enemies while doing that so that's a couple extra levels right there as a bonus.

If you've already finished the game in that savefile then you don't need to do it again, you'll get prompted to skip the cutscenes, dungeon and boss when you reach them.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Personally I ended up in Sapphire Ridge and endgame rather behind the curve, even after emptying out my sidequests. But, by coincidence, I had enough mats to boost Sapphire Ridge, and doing two laps solo through the spider mines with that put me well up into par. Worked out pretty well.

defaultluser
Jan 13, 2007

Fun Shoe

Ciaphas posted:

Personally I ended up in Sapphire Ridge and endgame rather behind the curve, even after emptying out my sidequests. But, by coincidence, I had enough mats to boost Sapphire Ridge, and doing two laps solo through the spider mines with that put me well up into par. Worked out pretty well.

Yeah, that'd how I got 5 of my last 8 levels here in Sapphire ridge cle3arng spiders. . going to see if I can get the boost for the area.

defaultluser fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Apr 17, 2021

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
God I forgot how overwhelming Gaia's Garden is when you first stumble in there. Blundered around in a big circle in the LP recording and forgot how much stuff is contingent on you having Wave.

It's also a little weird that all this is basically your big return to Business As Usual following the Wild Ride just prior. I love that section. It's the perfect scale and masterfully paced, and it's completely antithetical to the whole rest of the game. And then it throws you into the Garden.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

It is Big and I am definitely going to be spending a lot of time cleaning up stray chests...

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

CrossCode's biggest flaw is how unevenly paced the story is, and chapter 8 is definitely the worst example of that. I'm not sure what they could've done differently without changing a lot of the structure of the game, but what we have is not great.

defaultluser
Jan 13, 2007

Fun Shoe
I solved my level problem in a single afternoon, gaining 11 levels in Sapphire Ridge. Waiting to get these levels also made my battle with Shizuka relatively painless this time!

The last time I was trying to boost l was stuck-in in gaia's garden (and it doesn't have nearly enough enemy density to go S, let-alone level quickly).

), as my reflex are shot, now I think ill take a little break and play something turn-based. Will try Tard-land invasion tomorrow

defaultluser fucked around with this message at 05:38 on Apr 18, 2021

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

Fedule posted:

God I forgot how overwhelming Gaia's Garden is when you first stumble in there. Blundered around in a big circle in the LP recording and forgot how much stuff is contingent on you having Wave.

It's also a little weird that all this is basically your big return to Business As Usual following the Wild Ride just prior. I love that section. It's the perfect scale and masterfully paced, and it's completely antithetical to the whole rest of the game. And then it throws you into the Garden.

Me, after finishing the plot bits of Gaia's Garden and unlocking the dungeons: "well that area was pretty big but I picked up like 20 chests so at least I won't have to spend too long on-SIXTY SIX CHESTS TOTAL? jeeeesus CHRIST."

defaultluser
Jan 13, 2007

Fun Shoe
'm halfway through the third floor of the final tower. how much further do I have to go?

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

One more floor after that, then the final boss. The final floor is really short too :)

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Planning to pick this back up and finish the story over the weekend while I stay at my mom's in case I get any vaccine reactions. It's been around a year since I played, but I got way into it. I love this game so much, but it always feels daunting to jump back in after not playing a while. I think I stopped at the Japanese-looking zone. That's near the end right?

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

That's the last "new" area before the postgame DLC, yeah. I say "new" because there is one more hub in rhombus square and the final challenge is the return to vermillion wasteland.

Speaking of postgame. This video owns. Spoilers, obviously.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEdM7L_V6wE

defaultluser
Jan 13, 2007

Fun Shoe
Just beat the football field sized puzzle without spoilers, - now I just have to sleep on that end boss ( attacks get a lot tougher after his fist two switches)

Luckily I bought as many crosssandwiches as I could afford before this. And worst-case, I can always drop the difficulty down to lower levels ( been doing minibosses at 70)

Also, the NG+ look interesting ((after finally finish the new home)

defaultluser fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Apr 26, 2021

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

GimmickMan posted:

That's the last "new" area before the postgame DLC, yeah. I say "new" because there is one more hub in rhombus square and the final challenge is the return to vermillion wasteland.

Speaking of postgame. This video owns. Spoilers, obviously.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEdM7L_V6wE

"Hi!"

I do love how this game uses Lea's dialogue.

defaultluser
Jan 13, 2007

Fun Shoe
Boss took me over an hour to beat on second lowest difficulty, but now I get that postgamg goodness!

A jargogle
Feb 22, 2011
So, the final Apollo duel felt like it was impossible to fight fairly. Ended up cheesing by just setting him on fire with dash arts and running away the whole time. Was there some trick to the patterns I wasn't getting? Felt like he had very little in the way of openings and any straight trade of damage was hopelessly onesided

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

A jargogle posted:

So, the final Apollo duel felt like it was impossible to fight fairly. Ended up cheesing by just setting him on fire with dash arts and running away the whole time. Was there some trick to the patterns I wasn't getting? Felt like he had very little in the way of openings and any straight trade of damage was hopelessly onesided

Apollo will tend to read your inputs if you keep doing the same stuff, so varying what you're doing is helpful to try to catch him off guard. Alternatively, wait 'til he stats attacking then Ether Snipe him in the face.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

You can win one - and only one, he wises up fast - phase with one of the ice guard counters; at least up to round 4, I never got past that without using it up :v:

defaultluser
Jan 13, 2007

Fun Shoe
actually, I had the most trouble with Apollo in the desert.

Gias Garden, I had my favorite cold element for spamming ( and slowing folks down

I have beaten him in every location except the desert (Gias is still hard, but not impossible

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
Finally played the dlc after finishing up a full replay of the game, and it was insanely good. the ending sequence was mostly just wrapping up loose plot threads as aggressively as possible, but the kulero temple boss was one of the best i've ever played in a video game.

defaultluser posted:

actually, I had the most trouble with Apollo in the desert.

Gias Garden, I had my favorite cold element for spamming ( and slowing folks down

I have beaten him in every location except the desert (Gias is still hard, but not impossible

there's a way to cheese easy wins out of the last two duels. the level 2 fire melee skill that shoots an arc of fireballs out to drag enemies toward you will reliably stun apollo out of almost any of his actions, which makes duels just a matter of charging a bit of meter and then getting close.

defaultluser
Jan 13, 2007

Fun Shoe
Hey guys, where can I get Diamonds? After picking up the two in chest in the city, I have yet to have any more drop during S mode + Boost

Golden Falcon is a perfect replacement for my Warkeeper, but I can't find half the diamonds!

I have cleared the beach, and am now ready for the final duel, but I'm sure I need more attack.

defaultluser fucked around with this message at 06:20 on May 11, 2021

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

I already uninstalled the game but patch notes say they added another floor to the rhombus square shop where they sell materials so try there?

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Diamonds are S-rank drops for most of the Bergen Trail monsters.

defaultluser
Jan 13, 2007

Fun Shoe

Stelas posted:

Diamonds are S-rank drops for most of the Bergen Trail monsters.

thanks dude, got like fifteen of them in an hour!

The rest of the upstairs weapons all look like UI need to go to the temple first, so I'll go do the duel now

defaultluser fucked around with this message at 07:54 on May 13, 2021

defaultluser
Jan 13, 2007

Fun Shoe
I'm enjoying the dungeon so far - i've been able to collect drops for both headgear and torso upgrades.

the one thing beyond me is how to get the final component of my Golden Falcon +

I tried collecting Amethyst in gias garden at s-rank killing those gun-equipped parrots, but no die. where can I actually find these things?

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Iirc the best way to farm Amethyst is Shokats.

defaultluser
Jan 13, 2007

Fun Shoe

SirSamVimes posted:

Iirc the best way to farm Amethyst is Shokats.

I killed those too. what is the droop rae on these? I killed at least fifty while hunting parrots (too keep me above c)

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
sounds like your gaia's basin booster is either not bought yet or you forgot to turn it on

defaultluser
Jan 13, 2007

Fun Shoe
poo poo have garden booster off.
got single Amethyst in one lop, so I can do that!

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
Today I learned that in the Gaia's Garden duel, in third phase of which Apollo can infamously pretend to be stunned and then bust out Frozen Stance and then hit you with Blizzard Hawk if you fall for it, on maybe one attempt of every ten he will also place an Ashen Mine on the ground while you're in the air and you'll land on it.

After a million billion attempts I finally got a take for the LP where he did this and also I still got my shutout and also I made the rest of the duel look good, because good lord is it a whole other layer of difficulty on top of things to get a duel that looks good.

There's probably a million and one fascinating things Apollo can do.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

Are you going to shut out Shizuka?

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.

ultrafilter posted:

Are you going to shut out Shizuka?

:lea:

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I feel like Shizuka isn't as good at CrossCode as Apollo because her fight never felt as difficult as his ones.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

I didn’t try for very long but she absolutely trounced me despite holding my own ok against Apollo previously

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

I won a round and got the achievement, and that was enough for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Shizuka is pretty easy considering that you get access to Level 3 Arts and 12 bars. It's just a matter of building up gauge and finding a window for an Ether Snipe each time.